Session 5 6

A large cluster of Nephilim decloak, inside the orbit of Prime. It is not the swarm of fighters from before, however - this is a large central structure with what look like worker drones…oh, THAT'S where Hotel Cannon went.
Spyboy: "Oh, boy."
It is not immediately possible to tell what they have done to it - including possible repairs.
But it is unmistakably the same structure. There are several fighters swarming around it, deploying in a defensive formation.
Spyboy: "[Zinda, where are you when we need you?]"
This information spreads through the Integrated faster than lightning, then from them to the other lagos and Elles.
Ingenue: "[She is on Lagos Prime, of course.]"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: "Oh, you need me? That's a first."
[OOC] Abraham: It's obvious what they've done. It's called rebranding.
Zinda Tegram: "[What's the situation?]"
[OOC] Isabel: You know, this is the perfect moment to start your own religious sect
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …You're right.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Should we?
Spyboy: "[Ah. We seem to have found the hotel cannon.]"
[OOC] Ingenue: You're just now realizing that? You've lost a lot of valuable lead time over Scientology.
Spyboy: "[Forgot you couldn't see what we do.]"
Spyboy: "[You should get Elles to Integrate you, as long as you're down there.]"
Zinda Tegram: "[What?!]"
Abraham: "I was wondering what had happened to it."
Zinda Tegram: "$Geoffrey!$"
Zinda Tegram: "[You should go fuck yourself.]"
Spyboy: "[Yeah. Oh, and there's been a change of management, and they've rebranded…]"
Spyboy: "[Looks like the Nephilim are in charge now.]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Hmmph. Figures. Spyboy, listen. I need that cannon!]"
[OOC] Abraham: Assuming we can still identify it, what is Hotel Canon pointed at?
Zinda's radio signals are still blocked.
Zinda Tegram pings one of her reactor-minds. Can they manage things in the tunnels while Zinda heads out?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I've been burned for delegating before. xD
They are already managing most of the actual construction, though they will need overall guidance eventually.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, they have the radios.
[OOC] WC GM: Which don't penetrate the radiation shield.
Zinda Tegram: "[Good news Spyboy, a spot in my schedule just opened up.]"
Hotel Cannon seems to be roughly pointed at the jump point.
Zinda Tegram: "$Geoffrey! Sitrep!$"
Only static comes on Zinda's radio.
Zinda Tegram: "$Shit…$"
[OOC] Abraham: And how is the riot handling the decloaking of the Neph fleet?
[OOC] WC GM: Again: signals blocked by radiation shield.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah I just realized.
Zinda Tegram turns and starts heading back to her fighter.
The riot seems to have put itself to the side for the moment.
Abraham: "I think we've caused enough damage here for now, lets go cause some damage up there now."
[OOC] Isabel: Is it safe to assume I'm aware of the decloaking fleet?
[OOC] Spyboy: Much more fun if you aren't =D
[OOC] Spyboy: Shout your way onto the bridge, demand to know what's going on, and Abraham points at the display =D
[OOC] Isabel: considering I have bugged most of the ship's communication systems
[OOC] WC GM: Didn't you mostly bug the security systems?
[OOC] WC GM: Though it's possible to get the gist just from what people are shouting in the corridors.
[OOC] Isabel: I'm more or less sure i also bugged the comms
[OOC] Isabel: Anyway!
[OOC] WC GM: There are multiple ways by which you can gain general awareness, and that would be sufficient, yes?
[OOC] Abraham: But in the navy, you would want admiral awareness.
Isabel was walking down the corridor when she heard the sudden chaos and the alarms ringing. From what she could gather, an enemy fleet has just appeared. The scoop of the millennium was just getting better! She tries to get into the ship's system to get the info of the external cameras/sensors to get a better idea of what's happening right now.
[OOC] WC GM: Quite. Did you wish to formally recruit her, Admiral? ;)
External cameras are readily available. Or someone can just point a high-res camera out a window.
[OOC] WC GM: I.e., no check required.
[OOC] WC GM: Detailed sensors are another story.
[OOC] Ingenue: You stay away from my sensors.
[OOC] Abraham: If by recruit you mean 'toss her in the brig', then yes, recruiting her is one of my top priorities. Though not my /top/ priority.
[OOC] Isabel: detailed sensors!
[OOC] WC GM: Where is Ingenue at this time, and what are the odds of her running across Isabel?
[OOC] Isabel: ohai kid wat u doin here
[OOC] Ingenue: If Spyboy is done working over Nue's code, more than likely back into engineering looking to get the ship repaired before another catastrophe arrive to ruin the vessel. Clearly, too late…
[OOC] Spyboy: Spyboy had to go, so clearly, yes, he's left.
[OOC] WC GM: And Engineering may be where Isabel went if she's looking to tap stuff, yes?
[OOC] Isabel: Yes
[OOC] Ingenue: That would more than likely be wherever the servers/mainframes are stored. Which might be engineering, but if so, I feel sorry for our computers.
[OOC] Isabel: You mean you haven't finished migrating all the ship's data into you
[OOC] Spyboy: I'd say Central Computing would be very close to the bridge, actually.
[OOC] Spyboy: Also, guarded.
[OOC] Isabel: Because you have staff to spare to guard central computing while a Neph fleet just appeared
[OOC] WC GM: Central Computing effectively *is* part of the bridge, security-wise.
[OOC] Ingenue: Yeah, that'd make sense. You don't put the computers near the reactor.
[OOC] Ingenue: Since that's where the black box would be, presuming these ships are as monitored as regular planes.
[OOC] WC GM: Moreso.
[OOC] Isabel: Ok so central computing? that just means i need another way to access it. so, according to my map, is there another way to physically get access to it?
[OOC] WC GM: Physical access to central computing is through the bridge.
[OOC] Isabel: is that a separate room or is it part of the bridge aka no walls?
[OOC] WC GM: Those crew you see in the background on bridge scenes? Only some of them are helm and sensors and stuff. Some of them are just plain sysadmins.
[OOC] Isabel: Ok change of plans, is there any communication/sensor satelite near by? one that i can remotely hack
[OOC] WC GM: Several. The shipyards are attached to a large civilian habitat, which means civilian - and thus unsecured - drones.
[OOC] Isabel: Time to make my botnet
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm going to assume I'm done launching since stuff ain't happening?
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, was about to say.
[OOC] Abraham: Likewise I assume both Spyboy and myself have made our way back to The Roland?
The moment the Sterne Lanze pops through the radiation shield, Zinda's radio comes on with Geoffrey's voice. "$-me in Zinda! We've got a situation!$"
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
Zinda Tegram: "$Did not copy. Geoffrey, I'm here.$"
Zinda Tegram: "$You found the cannon?$"
Geoffrey: "$You could say that.$" Tactical data pops up on Zinda's screens.
Zinda Tegram starts sorting through. "$We're boarding it.$"
Zinda Tegram: "$I'm gonna give them a chance to let us on without a fight, first though.$"
Abraham makes his way to the bridge, demanding a report on the Neph fleet from the XO while enroute.
Geoffrey: "$We'll need to take down their screen first.$"
Zinda Tegram: "$So?$"
ExecutiveOfficer: "They're just standing there, sir. Looks like they're expecting an attack. Zinda just launched."
Zinda Tegram: "$Keep the maneuvers as basic as you can, they copy us and use our own tactics against us in later engagements.$"
Geoffrey: "$…so are you going to wait for us to join in, and do we wait for the Roland's reinforcements?$"
Spyboy cuts across to the hangar, Heggy in tow. Quick - very quick - preflight, then launch ahead of the Roland's complement.
Zinda Tegram: "$Haha, well, I have a hunch.$"
Zinda Tegram brings up her neutrino radio.
Zinda Tegram: "[Wenser, come in.]"
A map pops up on Zinda's display, showing Zinda's proximity - though it is almost redundant, as Zinda gets a visual glimpse of Hotel Cannon silhouetted against the red giant.
Wenser does not immediately respond.
Ingenue: "[Michael, has there been any attempt to scan or analyze what the Nephilim have done to the Hotel?]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Wenser, if you don't want a massive clusterfuck here, come in. Don't think I won't.]"
Spyboy: "[Not as thoroughly as what you could do.]"
Spyboy: "[I've been monitoring the fighter screen, looking for patterns.]"
Spyboy fires up the Nephilim handshake protocol, gaining access to their network. Too bad he still doesn't know how to speak their language…but he can listen for a bit.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Spyboy hears Zinda right?
[OOC] Spyboy: Yes.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Just give her the handshake.
Ingenue: "<Admiral, to analyze the alterations to the Hotel, I will need bridge access. Is this acceptable?>"
Zinda Tegram: "[Listen, I know at least one of you assholes is here, so if you don't want your wormhole generator blown for good this time, speak up.]"
[OOC] Isabel: Save what you hear. you never know when you'll met a journalist who can learn almost any language in a few hours…
[OOC] Spyboy: I don't know if she can use it, but Michael can stream what he hears to her and vice versa.
Abraham finally gets on the bridge. "Well, if they're not attacking, try hailing them. It's /possible/ they finally want to talk. Not likely, but possible."
[OOC] WC GM: Where is Zinda pointing her neu-radio?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Over at the cannon, though is it directional?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I thought it was just broadcast.
Abraham answers Ingenue "Yes, please come to the bridge for your analysis."
[OOC] WC GM: Neutrino comms are directional. They're point to point.
[OOC] WC GM: Which played a large role in how these nephs were pinged.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ah.
Ingenue: "<Understood.>"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: In that case, Zinda points it at the Roland, since Wenser is…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, Wenser infiltrates human things.
[OOC] WC GM: The Integrated share their coordinates on a large scale.
Spyboy tries to get a sense for how the Nephilim are…are feeling? Do they seem tense, angry, scared, annoyed, are they laughing?
[OOC] WC GM: Right, and no one on the Roland is answering to "Wenser".
Ingenue itemizes a checklist of things which Needs To Be Dealt With Now for the engineers, then relocates to the bridge to patch into the Roland's sensors.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, point it at the cannon then.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: One of them's gotta be somewhere around here.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: As long as Spyboy catches the broadcast.
While Spyboy can not be certain, alien feelings being alien, "scared" might explain what he gets. Certainly the level and apparent type of activity match that pattern.
[OOC] Ingenue: If Isabel is near the bridge or trying to find a way in, then she'll probably Nue.
Spyboy: "Huh. They seem scared. I think? I'm good at human and lago reactions, but I gotta admit, I'm not sure about Nephilim."
Zinda gets (currently) untranslatable responses from the cluster around Hotel Cannon.
Spyboy: "Of course, 'scared' is dangerous. They could start shooting as soon as Zinda gets close, on the well-founded assumption that she'd do the same."
Zinda Tegram: "$Geoffrey form on me, we might not have to shoot them this time.$"
Geoffrey: "$Roger.$"
Zinda Tegram stops her advance and holds position, engaging in evasive maneuvers without explicitly moving to engage.
Geoffrey's crew are several minutes behind Zinda, but they adjust course to catch up.
[OOC] Spyboy: Sweet, my Zinda-herding skills have improved!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: xD
[OOC] Spyboy: She's like a cat. Just focus on the LAST thing you want her to do at a given time, and there she goes!
Zinda Tegram proceeds to broadcast the confed alphabet and associated phonemes.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hahahaha.
…then suddenly Zinda gets a response. A single word. "[WENSER!]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Is this Wenser?]"
Spyboy: "[Huh.]"
The defending Nephilim break formation and charge Zinda.
[OOC] Isabel: You are playing interstellar ouija?
Zinda Tegram: "[Stupid damn…]"
Spyboy: "[Welp. That answers that.]"
[OOC] Spyboy: Are any of the fighters from the Roland, Heggy's included, close enough to help?
Zinda Tegram: "$Geoffrey, there goes their shield.$"
ExecutiveOfficer: "Uh, sir? I think Zinda just provoked them. Somehow."
Zinda Tegram: "$I'll keep them busy, go do your job.$"
Spyboy: "She was assuming that one of the Nephilim was…well, that's classified, I'll brief you when we get back."
Spyboy: "Turns out she was wrong."
Geoffrey: "$Affirmative.$" The squadron breaks off, to circle around the incoming Nephilim.
[OOC] Spyboy: Or rather, right enough that they decided to kill her to shut her up. Cuz we know every one of them is Wenser.
Unfortunately, that just leaves the fighters Spyboy is leading for backup. Fortunately, that backup will arrive at about the same time the Nephilim will.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 0 (Base: 6 Total: 7) (Pilot, to place Textbook Maneuvers Only on self.)
Zinda Tegram: "[I'm Not Wenser, you know. Not.]"
[OOC] Spyboy: *blatant lie*
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hehehe.
Abraham bites back the obvious "Of course she did." and instead says, "Open a channel to Zinda and tell her to stand down for the moment."
[OOC] Abraham: Did I say Zinda? I meant Wenser.
[OOC] Ingenue: We all meant Wenser.
Spyboy: "We can try, but who knows if they'll listen? Right now they're attacking her, not the other way around."
ExecutiveOfficer: "Channel open. Roland to Zinda, Roland to Zinda. Abraham orders you to stand down."
Spyboy blinks
Spyboy: "[Metis, can you tell the Admiral what Zinda said to get them so riled up?]"
Zinda Tegram: "I didn't know Abraham had that sort of authority."
Zinda Tegram: "Besides I'm already standing down. $Check my maneuvers$."
The XO gestures at the comms, signaling for Abraham to talk to Zinda directly.
Abraham: "Okay, Zinda, do you hav… what is your plan?"
[OOC] Abraham: DIPLOMACY!
Ingenue enters the bridge, taking its usual (heavily reinforced) chair, logging into the Roland's sensors.
[OOC] WC GM: How stealthy is Isabel being with her botnet?
Zinda Tegram: "Well, I guessed that a Wenser was somewhere around here, so I tried to hail the neph group addressing him. Got gibberish back so I sent phonemes and our alphabet, to try and help with the talking…"
Zinda Tegram: "Then they sent 'Wenser', and I asked if they were him. Then they engaged."
[OOC] Isabel: the usual?
Zinda Tegram: "And now I'm just flying."
Zinda Tegram looks back and checks the nephilim maneuvers.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Assess on the group engaging me?
[OOC] Spyboy: How's the Neph's internal traffic?
[OOC] WC GM: Hiding the pure comms would be difficult. Given the skills involved, I'm going to say autopass for Ingenue on this.
Ingenue immediately picks up comms to some nearby civilian satellites.
Abraham: "Well, that's information we didn't have before at least. So the Neph feel the same way about Wenser that we do. Ambivalent."
Zinda Tegram: "Oh, and I have Geoffrey moving to capture the hotel."
The Nephilim are not maneuvering yet - just closing in at maximum speed.
Ingenue: "[!]"
Ingenue: "Admiral, why is the Roland broadcasting to civilian satellites?"
The Nephilim internal traffic has shifted, more focused now.
Zinda Tegram moves away about as fast as they close.
[OOC] Isabel: right now i was getting as much data as i can, because if this isnt headlines worthy, then nothing is and i quit
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is it just closing, or is there any defensive movement at all like moving to engage would suggest?
It is easy to draw them out. They do not seem to even notice Geoffrey's squadron.
[OOC] WC GM: Right now their maneuver is Beeline Toward Zinda.
Zinda Tegram: "Abraham, I'm gonna do a bit of research if you don't mind."
Spyboy: "Roland, please ensure channel seventeen is on scramble….one three six."
Zinda Tegram: "Tell me when I'm in the range of point defense."
Abraham: "Umm… research is an activity normally reserved for laboratories and libraries, not the cockpit of a fighter. What exactly do you plan on 'researching'?"
Zinda Tegram starts to ease down on the throttle, just teasing the edge of the nephilim cannon range. After entering Roland's point defense cover, of course.
Zinda Tegram: "If they plan to shoot at me, mostly."
It will take some time to get in range of the Roland's point defense. Spyboy's squadron will intercept long before then.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Do something about the intercept squadron, please. xD
Abraham: "Metis, can you sever the broadcast to the civilian satellites?"
In fact, Spyboy's squadron is just entering maximum weapons range now.
Zinda Tegram hails the squadron. "Don't fire yet."
Spyboy: "Wing, check fire."
Cover Squadron: "Acknowledged."
[OOC] Isabel: WC can I use the satellites to check the fighter's radio communications?
Spyboy: "If the enemy opens fire, follow suit. If they don't - well, keep your eyes peeled."
[OOC] Abraham: BRB
[OOC] WC GM: You can try, but those are military communications - and thus encrypted.
Ingenue: "I can disable the current broadcasts, but I am not confident that I can prevent further broadcasts without isolating the source of the error. Or I could lock communications to the bridge, and set watches for further subversion."
Spyboy waits till the comms tech gives him a confirm on that scramble, then pipes the Nephilim internal feed to the Roland. Extra encrypted.
[OOC] Isabel: Attempt at decrypting them?
[OOC] WC GM: Communications, probably vs. Spyboy if he set up security.
ExecutiveOfficer: "Spyboy you have secure channel."
A beat.
ExecutiveOfficer: "…what is THAT?"
Spyboy: "That would be them talking to each other."
ExecutiveOfficer: "Acknowledged. Routing it for analysis. You're not the only cracker we have."
[OOC] Ingenue: Any roll to lock down comms to the bridge?
Spyboy: "Hence why I routed it."
[OOC] Isabel: WC I'll take my chances and try to decrypt them
[OOC] WC GM: Sure, if you're opposing Isabel's attempts.
[OOC] Abraham: Back
Isabel's taps report a new data stream.
A new, very encrypted data stream - decrypting as it plays out and marked for analysis.
Isabel rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (comms, decrypting because i need that headline)
Isabel easily detects that this is a new, alien language of some sort. The specifics elude her, but there are conceptual similarities to certain Kilrathi tones…
Isabel decides to make a copy of the data for later analysis.
[OOC] Ingenue: Waiting on Abraham's response for Nue.
Abraham: "The later, please Metis. Once we identi… find the source, stopping the broadcasts should be trivial."
Ingenue: "Accessing and locking down primary and secondary communications channels to this room."
[OOC] Ingenue: Which presumably has me rolling directly against Isabel. Nue'd be going for a hard shutdown of those sections, so Engineering or Computers?
[OOC] WC GM: Computers, more likely.
[OOC] WC GM: And Computers or Communications for Isabel.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: 0 + + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 6) ((Locking down and isolating communications to the bridge.))
[OOC] Isabel: Considering i have access to the security system, I think i should at least know if such an attempt to lock me is happening
[OOC] WC GM: You do.
[OOC] WC GM: Now roll defense.
[OOC] WC GM: Unless you just close communication and let the lock happen?
[OOC] Isabel: defending looks more fun
Isabel rolled up 4dF: 0 + - + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (computers)
[OOC] Isabel: On a tie, attack wins, right?
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
[OOC] Ingenue: For most Fate, it wins with 0 shifts, which might place a temp aspect at GM's discretion. So…he says what happens.
Isabel's outside communications are cut - though she can tell the lockdown came from the bridge.
[OOC] Ingenue: Unless someone's spending FP.
[OOC] Isabel: Not.
Isabel feels threatened. She tries to mess with the security camera feed in a way that it shows cat videos over and over again.
[OOC] Isabel: So when they try to see what's happening inside the ship the just see jingle cats.
This is immediately noticeable to anyone monitoring security feeds. Does that presently include Ingenue?
Ingenue finishes isolating the communications to the bridge.
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue's not looking at the security channel per se, if its even cleared to use said channel. There are security people for that. Like Spybo….oh, he's away, isn't he?
[OOC] Isabel: I've been waiting to use that line for a while
ExecutiveOfficer: "Uh, sir? We've got someone messing with security cameras."
Isabel runs away
ExecutiveOfficer: "Given the timing, I'd guess Ingenue spooked someone."
Ingenue: "Can you determine if the intrusion was internal or external to the ship?"
ExecutiveOfficer: "Internal."
[OOC] Isabel: Please, tell me they are actually seeing jingle cats
[OOC] WC GM: They are.
[OOC] Abraham: Jingle cats?
[OOC] Isabel: Mission accomplished, i can rip in peace
[OOC] WC GM: Cat videos. With jingles.
[OOC] Isabel: Isn't it about time the neph fighters intercepted zinda?
[OOC] WC GM: She's been kiting them.
[OOC] WC GM: But yes.
Zinda is almost in range of the Roland's point defense, finally. Not a single shot has been fired this whole time.
Abraham: "Nice work Metis. Send marines to the areas we have questionable camera coverage of and have them being a search for our… suspect."
Other than over on Hotel Cannon, which is just now exploding in the distance.
Geoffrey: "$Objective secured.$"
Zinda Tegram: "$You blew it up?$"
Ingenue: "Admiral, evidence indicates that the Roland is under assault from inside. You may wish to call battle stations and have all non-essential personnel returned to quarters. During this, I request permission to utilize my scanners to assist and direct the marines in scanning the Roland for intruders."
Geoffrey: "$It self-destructed rather than allowed capture. We barely got out of there.$"
Zinda Tegram: "$I see. Well, good work.$"
[OOC] Ingenue: Wait, if its in pieces floating through space, it isn't very secure, is it?
[OOC] Isabel: you call a little fidgeting around inside assault?
Zinda Tegram slows down and allows the nephilim ships to catch up.
[OOC] WC GM: Different form of "secured". And - yes, they do.
[OOC] Ingenue: Interference with a naval vessel engaged in combat during time of war is actually grounds for treason.
Abraham: "Have the marines search for the intruders. Permission granted Metis."
[OOC] Isabel: Common sense tells me i should flee
The Nephilim open fire as soon as they are within range.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Gunnery)
[OOC] Abraham: Common sense abandoned you long before we met, I suspect.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - 0 0 (Base: 6 Total: 4) (piloting)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging textbook maneuvers
The Sterne Lanze's paint job is marred!
Zinda Tegram: "[Is that a good idea?]"
[OOC] Ingenue: Okay, the last person who marred the Sterne Lanze's paint was grounded and denied ice cream.
Cover Squadron: "Orders, Spyboy, sir? They're not firing at us."
Zinda Tegram: "Give 'em one more chance."
[OOC] Abraham: Did anyone else read that as 'married'?
Spyboy: "Copy that. She wants to see if they'll shoot again."
Spyboy: "Roland, stand by point defense."
Ingenue deactivates its optic sensors and closes its eyes, unlocking the deeper features of its sensor suite. ((alertness to place 'Robotic concentration' on self in prep for sensor sweep. Roll needed?))
[OOC] Isabel: Ok, multitasking, while I'm hiding, I'll try to work decrypting that alien language
ExecutiveOfficer: "Standing by."
[OOC] WC GM: No roll needed.
Indeed, the Nephilim do fire again!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Gunnery)
[OOC] Spyboy: Hee. That's the one thing that could get Isabel out of the trouble she's put herself in. =D
Spyboy: "That's good enough for me."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I voluntarily lower a roll result?
[OOC] WC GM: Almost as if that was the plan. :3
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + - 0 (Base: 6 Total: 7)
[OOC] WC GM: You can roll a lower skill, sure. Or tag things to lower your roll.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I am spending my spin to make that look like I was hit.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And damage some more paint.
The Sterne Lanze is definitely going to need a new paint job after this.
Isabel rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 3 Total: 4) (C/T, trying to decrypt this alien nonsense)
Ingenue connects up with the marines via radio and initiates the sensor sweep.
[OOC] Isabel: tagging prof info recovery agent for +2?
Zinda Tegram sighs, and grabs her torch, and opens her frame.
[OOC] Isabel: i want as much info as i can
Zinda Tegram: "I'm going to talk to one."
[OOC] WC GM: Result PMed.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Also grabs the neutrino comm.
[OOC] WC GM: Opening frame while being shot at?
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 6 Total: 8) (Piloting, place aspect "well positioned for jumping fighter.")
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Gunnery)
[OOC] Isabel: Zinda has been watching too many bf4 plane-hijacking videos
ExecutiveOfficer: "Zinda, what are you DOING?!?"
Zinda Tegram: "I told you, I'm about to talk to one."
Somehow, Zinda falls back enough to get in position to board.
[OOC] Ingenue: What Zinda does best: taking down the enemy while seemingly committing suicide.
Abraham starts locking down corridors as Ingenue and math tell him they are clear. ((Science maneuver to lay the aspect 'Running out of places to hide'.))
Zinda Tegram disengages her harness and pushes out, turning on her torch and stabbing the nephilim fighter as it passes, hitching a ride.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Science maneuver to lay the aspect 'Running out of places to hide'.)
[OOC] Isabel: computer roll to realize which corridors are getting blocked and not getting trapped
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Resolve, to board.)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Piloting)
And Zinda is aboard!
[OOC] WC GM: Isabel: roll it.
Isabel rolled up 4dF: - 0 + - (Base: 5 Total: 4) (computer)
Zinda Tegram climbs out across the cockpit and points the neutrino communicator in the neph's face.
[OOC] Abraham: We may wind up having to bow out of session early. Net is becoming quite choppy.
[OOC] Isabel: tagging "I can not fail…" for +2
[OOC] Isabel: ?
Zinda Tegram: "[God dammit you dumb insect I am not Wenser! See? Not! Wenser! No cloaking field, or anything!]"
[OOC] WC GM: I'll drive toward session end soonish.
[OOC] Abraham: Thanks.
[OOC] WC GM: No tag necessary.
[OOC] WC GM: Okay, *now* Alertness vs. Stealth.
[OOC] WC GM: 2 free tags vs. 1 free tag.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: For who?
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + 0 + + (Base: 6 Total: 9) ((Alertness to utilize sensor sweep of Roland.))
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue Alertness vs. Isabel Stealth.
Isabel rolled up 4dF: - + 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (stealth)
The Nephilim stop firing. Spyboy easily picks up confusion in their communications.
Marines: "Found her. It's the journalist."
Spyboy: "Interesting."
Isabel plays her trump card.
Isabel yells: "I can decode their language."
[OOC] Spyboy: "I've placed a contact mine on the front hull of the ship. I walk, or we all die."
Marines: "What language?"
Isabel: "Tell that to Admiral Bounty. He'll know what i mean."
Isabel: "Admiral, i KNOW you are watching this."
[OOC] Ingenue: He can't be, you subverted the security feeds.
Ingenue: "Location identified. Recommend sealing that area and venting atmosphere for four minutes."
[OOC] Abraham: I am not Wenser.
ExecutiveOfficer: "Sir! The marines say the journalist's saying she can decode 'their' language. You don't think she means the Nephilim?"
Abraham: "That's…slightly excessive. Instead, I'll have the marines escort her to a holding cell."
ExecutiveOfficer: "Yes, sir."
The marines grab Isabel and walk toward the brig.
Isabel: "Don't you dare touch me!"
Ingenue calculates how long it will take Isabel to escape from a holding cell.
Zinda Tegram: "[Now respond so we can finally talk to each other and figure out what the hell is going on!]"
Abraham: "She probably does. And at the moment I don't especially care. Make sure she has no electronic devices on her. Also be sure to touch her. Just light taps on the shoulder. She strikes me as the sort who would find that irritating. Petty? Right now, absolutely."
The marines push her along with repeated taps, after grabbing much of her equipment.
ExecutiveOfficer: "…she has WHAT? And WHAT?!?"
[OOC] Isabel: This is an illegal detention
[OOC] Abraham: But not the ZOMG or the HOLYHELL. Fine. We can deal with that.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham makes the law on the Roland. By definition it's legal.
Ingenue pauses said calculations and now speculates on 'what' and 'what' are…arms and legs? Lungs and heart? Micro-nuclear phase grenades and ice cream?
[OOC] Isabel: Definitely ice cream
[OOC] Abraham: Actually, I'm pretty sure if he was interfering with my ship during a combat situation, I'm legally allowed to summarily execute god.
Abraham: "Are we holding any other prisoners besides Isabel?"
[OOC] Isabel: Don't step on the way of journalism
[OOC] Isabel: You establishment's lapdog
[OOC] Abraham: Fortunately, I steeped in the way of Admiralty.
ExecutiveOfficer: "Not at the moment. But, uh, sir? The marines say she IS an electronic device. And an extensive one."
Abraham: "… Um… in what sense. Like the doctor?"
[OOC] Ingenue: The Admiral still can't violate confed uniform officer's code, though I can't think of anything he did that would violate it, besides 'allow rogue military force to use confed military assets as a way station' and 'take advice from an alien artificial intelligence'.
[OOC] Abraham: In the extensive sense, of course. I just told you.
[OOC] Isabel: brb phone
[OOC] Abraham: Okay, but that's your one phone call.
ExecutiveOfficer: "Like, but, ah…this doesn't seem to be Confederation technology."
Ingenue: "[Oooooooh!]" "Admiral, requesting permission to examine the reporter?"
Abraham: "That's been happening a lot lately. Elaborate please."
Abraham: "Actually, Metis, we will both examine her."
[OOC] Abraham: Metis will be my chaperone.
ExecutiveOfficer: "…I'd second that request, Admiral. Though the basis is different, Metis *might* have a sister here. Or a cousin."
[OOC] Isabel: back
Abraham: "…"
[OOC] Abraham: Yes, I'm enunciating each dot of silence.
[OOC] Isabel: Ellipsis
Multiple bridge officers are glad Abraham was not drinking just then.
Ingenue sets its sensor suite to 'sleep' and hops out of its chair.
Ingenue: "[Yaaay♫]" "Of course, Admiral."
Abraham: "I see. But definitely not the same…forgive me Metis, make? And different craftsmanship than LAGOS's?"
ExecutiveOfficer: "From what little I've let the marines know. Ah…still considering most of that Top Secret, sir."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda has spent this whole period staring down a neph pilot.
Abraham: "Of course, of course. Well then. Metis. Let's go examine what has become of the fourth estate."
The Nephilim pilot continues to look at Zinda and not do much.
Zinda Tegram: "[Say something…]"
[OOC] Isabel: Clearly he doesn't understand your accent
Ingenue: "Which estate does this make you?"
[OOC] Isabel: solid
[OOC] Abraham: Nephilim pilot thinking to itself: Bored now. Wow, this meatbag thinks I bothered to learn it's language. Hey, the Broncos are playing tonight. My venom is really building up. I want a taco.
Nephilim: "[…Wenser?]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Do I look like one, dipshit?]"
Abraham hmmm… "Third I believe. Pretty sure farmers count as peasants, no matter what rank they are in the military."
Zinda gets a stream of unintelligible noise in response.
[OOC] Abraham: This is what happens when you give away your magic beans, Zinda.
Ingenue: "Then what estate am I?"
Zinda Tegram: "[Yeah I don't get what the hell you're saying.]"
ExecutiveOfficer: "Pretty sure you're the second estate, sir. And…Ingenue, I heard about that film, that'd make you first estate."
[OOC] Isabel: You need a translator, which is why you shouldn't kill the journalist
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Estate?
Abraham: "I don't believe you have an estate. It's a human categorization system. Very old, from before we met any other sentient species."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: What are estates?
Abraham: "So there's a lot of holes in it."
Ingenue: "[Zinda! Zinda! I might have a sis~ter! That means you have another daught~er!]"
Zinda Tegram looks back up at the Roland.
[OOC] WC GM: Old European classification of powers. First estate = clergy, second estate = nobility, third estate = peasantry. Modern times add fourth estate = media.
[OOC] Isabel: That's a lot of child support you haven't been paying BTW
Zinda Tegram: "[W-what? I mean…that's good…Uh…treat her well, OK?]"
Zinda Tegram looks back at the nephilim.
[OOC] Abraham: First estate: Nobility. Second Estate: Priesthood. Third Estate: Peasants. This is Feudal French. Fourth Estate: Reporters. So Reporters are less than peasants, making them truly scum of the earth.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That makes zinda…first? Since military class.
[OOC] Abraham: First or second. WC might be right about the order.
[OOC] WC GM: No, pretty sure 1st = clergy. God ordains priests anoints nobles gives land to peasants.
[OOC] Isabel: Military wasn't a class by itself, it depended on whether you were a noble->knight or a peasant->archer/lance
[OOC] Ingenue: WC's right, since it's the hierarchy proclaimed by God, priests are on top. Nobles are chosen by God, but they aren't God's pals. Commoners get the lowest number.
[OOC] Abraham: Though you're born in your estate (barring priesthood) so you can't be elevated to nobility, even if you become a knight if you were born a peasant.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah.
Zinda Tegram sighs.
[OOC] WC GM: That said, given Oldziey, Zinda might well be first.
[OOC] Spyboy: ANYWAY
Zinda Tegram points at herself.
Zinda Tegram: "[Zinda.]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Get it?]"
Ingenue: "[Okay!]" "Zinda says we have to be nice to my maybe-sister."
Nephilim: "[…Zinda?]"
[OOC] Isabel: It's gender-swapped tarzan!
Zinda Tegram: "[Yes. I am Zinda.]"
Zinda Tegram points at the Nephilim and makes an 'i dunno' expression.
Cover Squadron: "So do we shoot them or not?"
Abraham: "I will take it under advisement. But really, it depends on her."
Zinda Tegram: "[You are…]"
Zinda Tegram: "No, I have them talking. Finally."
The response Zinda gets is only somewhat comprehensible, but ends in "im" .
Isabel looks around her cell
Zinda Tegram points at 'Im' and repeats.
Zinda Tegram: "[Im?]"
Isabel's cell is closely guarded. Not only are there marines outside, but three have stationed themselves inside to keep her company.
[OOC] Isabel: Am i handcuffed? What kind of weapons are the marines carrying?
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, I've established contact with the Nephilim."
Zinda Tegram: "[So, uh, let's try this again…]"
Zinda Tegram proceeds to repeat the phoneme thing.
Isabel is not handcuffed, though most of her gear is outside. The marines are carrying standard-shipboard-issue rifles - energy weapons, by the looks of them, hopefully set to stun.
Spyboy: "I know. I'm listening."
Spyboy: "On both sides, actually."
Ingenue once at the cell, attempts to 'ping' Isabel's (probably nonexistent) neutrino communicator.
[OOC] Abraham: FYI: Stun is for people who can't commit.
Nephilim: "[Ne, phil. Sa, raph. Che, rub.]"
Nephilim: "[Im.]"
Abraham has been around enough 'neutrino-enabled' people to be able to see on their faces when they're trying to say or do something neutrinoey. "Any luck?"
Zinda Tegram points at the nephilim. "[Nephilim? Seraph? Cherub?]"
[OOC] Isabel: No neutrino comm that I'm aware of
The Nephilim points at itself. "[Ne phil im.]" Then at the destroyed Hotel Cannon. "[Che rub im.]"
Zinda Tegram nods.
Zinda Tegram points at the hotel.
Spyboy blinks
Zinda Tegram: "[Hotel Cannon.]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Cherubim.]"
[OOC] Abraham: BRB im
Spyboy: "Huh. I wonder what made the hotel cannon a 'cherubim.' Is that….uh….that classified thing we know about?"
Zinda Tegram: "[Cannon -is- Cherubim.]"
Spyboy: "Well, 'was'."
Zinda Tegram: "[Seraph?]"
Nephilim: "[Ho Tel Can Non?]" The Nephilim taps on his cockpit monitors, bringing up an image - one of the "HOTEL" signs from the station.
Zinda Tegram: "[Yes.]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Hotel.]"
Ingenue: "There does not seem to be a response… its so sad…"
Zinda Tegram: "[Cannon.]"
Zinda Tegram points to the ship's guns.
Indeed, Ingenue does not find a neutrino communicator in Isabel.
[OOC] Abraham: Back.
Abraham: "I see. Well, then, let's do some more direct observation then."
The Nephilim holds its arms wide. "[Ho Tel Can Non.]" Then points, again and again, to spaces within the indicated space. "[Che rub im.]"
It is not long before Abraham and Ingenue are at Isabel's cell door.
Spyboy: "Ah! The cherubim were on board the hotel cannon!"
[OOC] Ingenue: Man, I hope they mean something like real cherubim and not putti. Cause that'd be sad.
Zinda Tegram: "[Cherubim?]"
[OOC] Isabel: brb
Zinda Tegram points at the monitor and mimes bringing up an image.
Nephilim: "[Che rub im. Oph an im.]"
[OOC] Abraham: The real question is who or what would be the Gregory.
Zinda Tegram looks around for cockpit controls and taps on the cockpit.
The Nephilim brings up an image…this is no Nephilim. This is something clearly intended for labor and construction.
Nephilim: "[Oph an im.]"
Ingenue unsleeps the sensor suite for a passive analysis of Isabel.
And then another - apparently a supervisory sort.
Spyboy tries feeling around the Nephilim network for images of Cherubim.
Zinda Tegram: "[Ah! Ophanim.]"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The labor drones.
Nephilim: "[Che rub im.]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Ophanim is Cherubim?]"
Spyboy: "Some kind of caste system, actually."
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy: C/T.
[OOC] Abraham: Since our chat with Issy will probably be rather long, should we hold it for next session?
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (C/T)
[OOC] Spyboy: We tried that once before <.<;;;
[OOC] Ingenue: Yes. Now, we just extract the data from her brain.
[OOC] Isabel: back, agree on next session
Now that Spyboy has a sense of what to look for…it is still hard to determine, but all references to Cherubim and Ophanim point to Hotel Cannon and went inactive about the time Hotel Cannon self-destructed.
Zinda Tegram: "[So…]"
Zinda Tegram: "[Nephilim.]
Zinda Tegram mines shooting.
Zinda Tegram: "[Ophanim.]"
Spyboy: "Nephilim would be warrior caste. Given how they react to…that name, I'd say they've got something programmed into them…?"
Zinda Tegram mimes building.
Zinda Tegram: "[Seraphim…]"
Zinda Tegram makes another Idunno gesture.
The Nephilim brings up another image. Alien language and concepts aside, Zinda has seen org charts before.
The Nephilim points along the lower nodes. "[Oph an im.]" Then above. "[Sa raph im.]" Then to another branch. "[Ne phil im.]" Then up to the top.
Zinda Tegram nods.
Nephilim: "[Ab rah im.]"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License