Session 5 1

A few hours later, all seems under control. Tuskegee is on course to dip through the asteroid belt, then slingshot around the sun to get back to the jump point quickly. It should take about a week to return to Mahavier. The Roland is spaceworthy - barely - and is now in Tuskegee orbit.
Abraham: "Well, it was a nic… /interesting/ place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."
A more immediate concern is the lago pilots. Their fighters are mostly junk; salvaging their life support extended the Roland's, but it is not certain how long that will last, and the carrier is now Crowded. Only the bridge and private quarters are not overwhelmed, though the hangars can be briefly cleared out if launch is necessary.
[OOC] Ingenue: Is Crowded a scene aspect?
And of course the officials on Armstrong have been demanding reports on "What in blazes is going on?!?"
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
Just when things begin to calm down, alerts come from the jump points to David and Grissom.
Abraham is writing his logs, something he was neglecting during the 'five-alarm crisis'.
Abraham pushes away his keyboard and makes his way to the bridge. "All right, what do David and Grissom want?"
Dakka And Kali In Unison: "Hailing Roland! Roland please respond!"
Abraham: "This is The Roland, over."
Spyboy: "So much for invading Oldziey…"
Dakka: "We got reports that…geez! Sensors confirm! Abraham, WHERE…HOW…would you kindly tell us what you're doing with a rogue planet?"
Kali: "Never mind the planet. What's this about an alien fleet that leaped up out of Mu Cephei Prime and made a beeline for you?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Putting it back where we found it and washing our hands.
Spyboy: "They came from -"
Abraham responds blandly. "De-rouge-ing it. The Mu Cehei fleet was aiding us in doing that."
Spyboy: "[Rab, some of your guys came from Mu Cephei Prime?]"
Wenser: "It's fine. I've been mon-oh, oops. Guess I'd better press the button."
Wenser's carrier decloaks just far enough from the Roland to avoid triggering collision alarms.
Abraham realizes that Wenser is never around when you need him.
Kali: "…when were you going to tell us you'd installed a cloaking device?"
Rab: "[Ask them, but that's what they say. They launched from Prime right to here.]"
Integrated: "[We diiid~. We heard you were in trouble and wanted to help!]"
Spyboy: "[How'd you hear it? Last I heard these things in our heads were lightspeed only.]"
Abraham continues in the same bland, almost bored voice. "I decided to wait until we had reestablished communications."
Integrated: "[It's all over the intersystem net! We heard it from your radio.]"
Spyboy: "[I see.]"
Abraham: "So, how have you been?"
Integrated: "[Elles was worried about Ingenue~.]"
Ingenue: "[?]"
Dakka: "Oh, you know, fine, just about had a heart attack from this hornet's nest you kicked. You?"
Spyboy: "[Reasonable.]"
Ingenue: "[The frame functions within all normal parameters.]"
Kali: "Wenser. That cloaking system?"
Wenser: "Now Abraham, I think the government's going to demand more answers. You've had quite some, ah, 'interesting' times lately."
[OOC] Spyboy: <Kali> "It's mine. You stole it!"
Abraham: "Oh, capital. Got to work on my planet-side skills, which was a nice change of pace. Thank you for asking."
Abraham: "Well, I suppose this little tour hasn't gone quite as planned."
Wenser: "Ah. One of my mechanics says you might be having some life support issues. Now how would he know about that, hmm?"
Abraham continues straight faced. "Well, just a wild guess, but because… he's a mechanic? I would think that the damage The Roland suffered would be pretty apparent."
[OOC] Spyboy: Also, he's on board our ship right now.
[OOC] WC GM: Rab? Only virtually.
Wenser: "Indeed. What do you say to putting in at Armstrong to offload and repair?"
[OOC] Abraham: Nah, he just read it on Spacebook.
Wenser: "We can hook up to boost your life support if needed."
Abraham: "I say that would be ideal."
Wenser: "I'll make it so. Prepare for docking."
Abraham turns to the bridge crew. "Well, you heard him. Prepare for docking."
Dakka: "…are those…ENGINES on Tuskegee, preparing to fire?"
ExecutiveOfficer: "Aye aye. Shutting down engines - they've got better stability than we do. Letting her drift."
Abraham: "The best way to get Tuskegee back into a stable orbit."
Dakka: "If you say so. Our scanners must be messed up; they say the Roland's now at least ten percent organic matter."
Wenser: "That's because it is."
Dakka: "…"
Abraham: "'Ten percent' is a very conservative estimate, I would think."
Spyboy murmurs in the background, "Yeah. Spaceships aren't meant to land on planets."
Dakka: "…Abraham. If you're going to keep doing this, I'd really like your crew to come by White some time."
Kali: "Heck with your archaeological dig. I want to see what happens when he hits Aldrin."
Dakka facepalms. "TELL me this is a secure channel!"
Wenser: "Secure enough."
Ingenue: "Security is relative."
Abraham: "I'm fairly certain that lying to a rank admiral is a court-martial-able offense."
Somehow, Wenser's carrier docks with the Roland without causing further hull breaches.
[OOC] Abraham: BRB
[OOC] Abraham: Back
Kali: "Alright, alright. So. Someone want to tell me what's up with that fleet?"
Kali: "Do we have to worry about another invasion?"
Spyboy snickers offscreen.
Abraham: "I rather doubt that. It seems that Mu Cephei has a very robust hobbyist culture. Their ships are hardly military grade and many of them are barely spaceworthy."
Abraham: "Still, if you're worried about an invasion from that quarter, you might also want to consider the dangers of my nephew and his model train set."
Kali: "That's a relief. But how did they build so many fighters?"
Abraham shrugs. "I have no idea. I'm afraid I was never a model-builder."
[OOC] Abraham: "However, I suspect glue was involved."
[OOC] Isabel: Don't be silly. Duct tape.
[OOC] Abraham: Actually, it turns out the Lagos are the most powerful psyker race in the universe, and one of their long term projects is to clone Dakka, so they can have more Dakka.
Wenser: "…we might have a problem. Armstrong's detected the same thing Dakka did, and they're talking about quarantine."
Dakka: "Since when do they get to give us orders?"
Abraham: "I suspect when they began to think their station's safety was in question."
[OOC] Ingenue: Since their planet is bigger than your ships, and carriers have crap guns.
Wenser: "Politics never was your forte. We might do best to humor them. What do you think, Abraham? Head to their shipyards or not?"
[OOC] Isabel: Also you need to get your supplies from somewhere
Abraham: "Yeah, let's humor them. It's not impossible that some of the native plant life left some poisonous pollen residue on the hull that could survive space travel. Quarantine is a good idea, actually."
Wenser: "Good man. They've also asked, since you didn't spend all your time telling them what was going on for some mysterious reason, that you accept a briefing officer - think of her as an embedded journalist."
Kali: "…really. Didn't that practice die out back in-"
Wenser: "It's what they're asking for. And they have reason to be scared right now."
Spyboy frowns at Abraham.
Abraham: "Huh? Wouldn't the fact that she was 'embedded' cast doubt on her objectivity? I remember that being the reason the practice died out."
Wenser: "She's also, ahem, one of mine. Don't worry about her leaking too much."
Abraham gives Wenser a long look. "All right."
Abraham toys briefly with the idea of making her bunk with Zinda.
[OOC] Isabel: lol
Wenser: "Great. I've relayed the approvals. Now…since you're on quarantine and I'm towing you, where shall I drop you off?"
Dakka: "Wait wait, you're talking like the situation's been resolved."
Wenser: "It has been."
Dakka: "But the PLANET'S still-"
Tuskegee breaks orbit from the Roland, accelerating away.
Dakka: "…"
Abraham: "I think you hurt it's feelings."
Dakka: "I'll…ah…fine. FINE. We'll just head back to White. Standing down."
Kali: "Standing down. I don't suppose there's any chance you'll plan the next red alert, Abraham?"
Kali: "If you do, could you please let us know in advance?"
Abraham arches an eyebrow "You mean you didn't get the memo?"
Kali: "Only when it was screamed across all the emergency channels."
Abraham: "I'll send it priority mail next time. I promise."
Wenser: "Entertaining though listening to bickering is, I do have to tell my crew where you want to go."
Wenser: "With Armstrong closed off the next most logical choice would be the Mu Cephei shipyards, though they're not the only option."
Abraham: "Mu Cephei will be fine. It will let some of my crew reconnect with friends and family."
Wenser: "Indeed. Setting course."
Several minutes later, at the Armstrong-Sommers jump point en route to Mu Cephei, a single-person shuttle catches up to the Roland.
Abraham gestures to the shuttle "Your 'embedded journalist', I presume?"
Wenser: "Yes. I'll let her introduce herself."
Abraham nods and waits for her to do that very thing.
[OOC] Isabel: question: where are you all now AKA room
[OOC] Spyboy: We're on the bridge. I believe your shuttle has yet to arrive, so it'd be over the main comms screen.
[OOC] Isabel: ok!
[OOC] Ingenue: Yes, Bridge.
Spyboy waits for a few moments, then opens up a communications channel. With maybe some extra sidebands.
Isabel sends a comm request
[OOC] Abraham: Ah ha! Spyboy anticipated that you would send a com request. In fact, he counted on it, so clearly he can not drink the wine in front of him.
Isabel: "Greetings. This is the Roland, right? I'm Isabel Eyzaguirre and I've been appointed to work with you."
[Away] is now known as Fuepepe
The screen shows a woman in her 30's, black hair, white eyes and a distinctive accent.
Spyboy wouldn't dream of checking those sidebands for any unsecured files.
Abraham: "Hello Miss Eyzaguirre, my name is Abraham Bounty and I am the Admiral in charge of The Roland. I look forward to having you on board."
[OOC] Spyboy: Nothing but respect for the Fourth Estate here!
[OOC] Ingenue: Okay, who replaced Spyboy with a fourth estate clone?
Isabel: "So do I, admiral, so do I."
Abraham: "Have you served ship-side before?"
[OOC] Spyboy: No, but seriously, any unsecured files on her computer?
Isabel: "My job has taken me to many places, Admiral Bounty, but i must say this is the first time I'll be inside a military vessel of this magnitude"
[OOC] Isabel: only some cat videos
Isabel: "So I'll be expecting your and your crew's full cooperation in order to make this experience pleasant for everyone"
Isabel: "But please, don't mind me too much. You'll barely notice I'm aboard."
[OOC] Abraham: Ahem, you forgot the original recipe for coca cola, the unredacted Warren Commission report, and the truth about the Roswell crash.
Spyboy: "What is this…doge? 'Doge protects?'"
Abraham believes not one word of that, nay not even one syllable even, "Of course. Well, I suspect you would like permission to come aboard."
Isabel: "If you are so kind."
Abraham nods. "Open the hanger bay and let her come in."
Isabel: "Thank you, Admiral. I'll be meeting you later to give you a full report of my mission."
Spyboy triggers the hangar's PA system.
ExecutiveOfficer: "Done. Miss Eyzaguirre, you are clear to land."
Isabel: "Commencing landing."
[OOC] Abraham: "Miss Eyzaguirre, please meet my Executive Officer, ExecutiveOfficer. He executes people."
The hangar is lined with spacesuited or sheltering-in-salvaged-cockpits lagos.
[OOC] Isabel: ExecutiveOfficer! I've heard so much about you from my Aunt!
Isabel can readily see the extensive damage, both to the carrier and its contents.
Abraham makes his way to the hanger bay to meet the spy… I mean reporter, face to face.
Isabel flinches a bit at the sight. It's been a while since she last saw this many lagos.
Isabel sets up her side-cam and takes a few pictures of the situation.
[OOC] Isabel: google glass-like device
[OOC] Abraham: Alertness check to notice the flinch? Or am I not actually there yet?
[OOC] Isabel: this was inside my shuttle
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, you wouldn't be there in time.
Isabel leaves her shuttle and waits for someone to go meet her.
Spyboy is following Abraham
The hangar shield flickers into place behind Isabel. Solid plates slide into place as a backup, and the lagos resume going about their business - quite a few openly studying Isabel from a short distance.
Ingenue is not following Abraham, instead taking the opportunity to access Isabel's history file and monitor the situation from the bridge.
Isabel quite quickly gets the sense they're used to a crowded environment where personal space does not exist nearly as much as she's used to.
[OOC] Abraham: "So, Isabel, can I call you Isabel?, it says here in you file that you once killed a man just to watch him die…"
[OOC] Abraham: Let me know when I actually get there. I have to protect the Nephilim from her.
[OOC] Isabel: you didn't say that? oh welp…
Isabel: "(to the lagos around her) Excuse me, it seems my sudden visit has interrupted some sort of…ritual. Please go on, *don't* mind me"
Isabel: "Or better yet, would any of you help me with my luggage?"
[OOC] WC GM: You're there now.
The lagos look at each other, utterly silent but apparently a bit confused.
Spyboy strides into the hangar after Abraham.
Spyboy: "[Any word on the new girl yet?]"
[OOC] Isabel: Isabel hits the lagos in the snout to establish superiority
Integrated: "[She wants help with her luggage?]"
Abraham passes through the door and picks his way through the Lago, taking the time to shake hands with a couple of them, before finally arriving before Isabel. ((Abraham gains the aspect 'covered in Lago cooties'.))
Isabel: "I'm sorry, was I not clear?"
Spyboy: "[She's got arms, right?]"
Isabel: "Can you understand me? I know i have a bit of an accent…"
Integrated: "[And legs!]"
Spyboy: "[Yeah, I think she's covered.]"
Spyboy: "[Though if one of you wants to earn some Confederation money, maybe buy some better parts next time, you could probably hire on as some demeaning labor.]"
The lagos noiselessly part, allowing Abraham and company through to Isabel.
[OOC] Abraham: Personally I'm picturing her dressed like Jane from the Disney Tarzan, so it might be questionable whether or not she has legs.
Spyboy: "[I'd toss some extra money in. I wouldn't mind having eyes on her.]"
Isabel notices someone arriving at the hangar and focus her attention on them
Suddenly, the lagos swarm around Isabel!
…and past her, looting her shuttle and emerging with her baggage.
Isabel: "Oh! What in the…"
[OOC] Ingenue: Lagos gain job class: Thief.
Integrated: "[Where should we take them?]"
Isabel: "Careful with that. It's expensive equipment!"
[OOC] Isabel: charm roll to attempt to "control" the lagos swarm?
Abraham struggles with his conscience. On the one hand, this has the potential for high comedy. On the other the right thing to do is to intercede on the behalf of the species ignorant.
Spyboy: "[Oh, right, do any of you 'volunteers' speak Confederate?]"
Abraham rolled up Selected result: enjoy the show,do the right thing
[OOC] WC GM: Culture/Tech would be more appropriate.
[OOC] Abraham: Outlook cloudy…
Integrated: "[Of course we do. Why?]"
Spyboy: "[She's not Integrated. ….Is she?]"
Integrated: "[She isn't. And?]"
Spyboy: "[Which means she can't understand when you ask her where to put her stuff through neutrinos.]"
Isabel rolled up 4dF: - - + + (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Culture/tech EXCUSE ME)
[OOC] Abraham: Oh hey, Chessa likes you.
Integrated: "[But we're not asking her. We're asking you.]"
B-4: "[Maybe you shouldn't interfere. This is really funny.]"
[OOC] Isabel: is that enough or can I use an aspect?
Isabel gets the sense that they are trying to figure out what to do with her luggage, but have a suspicion that she wants it taken somewhere.
[OOC] Isabel: aww i wanna use my nobility's aura :c
Abraham steps over what was probably at one time the wing of a Lago flier and approaches Isabel, hand extended. "Hello. Abraham Bounty. Pleased to meet you. I see you're making friends."
[OOC] WC GM: Really doesn't apply here. With other terrans, perhaps, though.
Ingenue accesses the crew manifest, checking for empty room assignments. Exactly where would the Lagos be putting those bags?
Isabel: "Isabel Eyzaguirre. I see you have some…visitors in your ship aside from me. Seems like you are having a *wild* time."
[OOC] Abraham: Is there a garbage disposal?
[OOC] Ingenue: Of course. Its called space.
Isabel turns to face the lagos and says in a commanding voice: "I don't need every single one of you. You three *points toward three lagos who aren't too bandaged* you'll be fine. The rest can go back to whatever you were doing before."
Abraham gives the Lago a critical eye. "Not really. They don't seem to drink, do drugs, or play loud music at all hours of the night."
There are a few rooms. Someone - possibly Abraham - is going to have to officially assign her quarters.
Spyboy: "Yes, they showed up to lend us a hand. Unfortunately, their own ships were good enough to join us - not enough to get home."
[OOC] Abraham: But we have very nice hallways…
Spyboy: "Oh, I'm sorry. Michael Pearson, I'm head of one of the Terran fighter contingents."
[OOC] WC GM: I.e.: Abraham or anyone else, choose which part of the ship, relative to other things that matter, she gets quarters in.
Isabel: "Mr Pearson…I've heard a bit about you"
Spyboy: "Really? From whom, if I may ask?"
[OOC] Abraham: The reactor! No no no, that would be An Abuse Of Authority. We'll put her near the hanger though, since she will probably want to make a break for it before too long.
[OOC] Abraham: From Wenser, of course, for we are all Wenser.
Isabel: "Admiral Bounty, my equipment is really important for my task at hand. I'll be needing a good place to store it, otherwise I might have trouble finishing my reports on time and I'm sure that would be bad for both of us."
Isabel: "But i've heard you have really nice rooms here. Surely you'll be an amazing host."
Ingenue studies the room assignments, noting that the Admiral assigned her to a room near the hangar. That is good; Zinda is frequently in the hangar, and can keep an eye and/or plasma torch on Isabel as necessary.
Isabel: "I'm sure you'll have no trouble lending me your office during my short stay, right? I mean, who could be so insensitive."
Abraham considers Isabel's request. "I'm afraid that many of our 'really nice rooms' are spread over about six kilometers of Tuskegee. Still I think we have a spot near by, just down the hall in fact, that will fulfill all your needs."
Isabel: "I'm sure it will, Admiral. *I'm sure it will*"
[OOC] Abraham: Damn, I hadn't thought of that. Who's going to protect Torchy from the predations of a rogue reporter?
[OOC] Isabel: Yes, put me next to the biggest scoop of the century
The lagos with Isabel's luggage begin shuffling off thataway.
[OOC] Abraham: You're only saying that because you haven't seen the ice cream serving size the Kilrathi use.
Isabel: "Mr Pearson, Many people talk about your *feats*."
Abraham fights the urge to examine Michael's feets.
Spyboy: "Really? I'm just a lieutenant."
B-4: "[That emphasis…I wonder if she's in…the business?]"
Spyboy: "[I hope not. I thought we left that behind us.]"
Abraham waits for a break in the interrogation before directing Isabel to her room.
Isabel: "Let's move on, shall we? I'm sure you want to know everything about my mission, and i want to know everything about you."
Abraham: "Right this way."
Isabel follows Abraham
Abraham leads Isabel to a bunk normally used by fighter pilots so that they were close to their fighters in case of emergency. It is… austere.
Abraham: "And it has a real closet. I hope this fits your needs."
[OOC] Ingenue: It actually has two helpings of austerity.
[OOC] Abraham: Because Ingenue likes you too
Isabel: "I've seen worse, Admiral. I'm sorry for imposing like this."
Isabel suddenly breaks the formal tone of her voice…
Abraham shrugs. "You go where you are assigned. As do we all."
Isabel: "That being said, we should relax a bit. Work can wait till tomorrow. Is there some place here where we can get ourselves some drinks?"
Isabel: "Anything will be fine, truth being told i left in such a hurry that I couldn't grab anything for lunch"
Isabel's luggage is neatly arranged in - and fills - the closet.
Their task done, the lagos just mill around in utter - to Isabel and Abraham - silence.
[OOC] Abraham: Damn, I'm blanking on the Navy term for 'Mess Hall'
[OOC] Spyboy: Mess, or Galley, but we'd be going to the Wardroom.
[OOC] WC GM: "Mess Hall"
[OOC] Spyboy: Galleys for the non-officer types.
[OOC] WC GM: Or Wardroom.
[OOC] Isabel: does it matter?
[OOC] Spyboy: Yes!
[OOC] Isabel: !
[OOC] Abraham: I'm pretty sure you loose your admiral rank if you don't bleeding know this.
[OOC] Spyboy: It is Abraham's duty to eat in the Galley from time to time to ensure the quality of services for his people.
[OOC] Spyboy: Whereas Spyboy, who is only over officers at least for now, wouldn't be caught dead in there.
Abraham: "Well, there's the Mess, it's open pretty much 24-7…"
Isabel: "Sounds good and I insist that you accompany me!"
[OOC] Spyboy: Although for the record, being the Navy they probably have at LEAST three more names. Man, I am glad I don't have to buy Navy uniforms.
Isabel: "We can meet there in 10 minutes. I'd like to change clothes. I'm not too comfortable with space travel suits."
Abraham: "All right. I'll wait outside for you."
Isabel waits for everyone - lagos included - to go out.
Abraham goes outside, dragging Married Man Spyboy by the collar behind him if he has to.
Spyboy: "Ah, I have some business to take care of, getting the Lagos settled in. If that's alright with you, sir?"
[OOC] Spyboy: Psh, we already know that Spyboy's tastes run in different directions. Plus Isabel's /old/.
Abraham: "Of course. We can't expect them to make loud music all night if they're not settled in."
[OOC] Spyboy: Plus, Spyboy's a backseat op, not a pilot.
[OOC] Isabel: what do you mean old
[OOC] Abraham: You could say she's kind of old, kind of ancient, kind of a museum piece.
[OOC] Spyboy: Spyboy's like early 20's. =p
[OOC] Isabel: you brat
[OOC] Isabel: whippersnapper)
[OOC] Ingenue: Well, Nue is a few months old, so compared to it, everyone's ancient.
[OOC] Isabel: for the record, how old is abraham
Abraham settles in for a '10 minute wait' by leaning against the hallway wall. Idly, he decides to time her, because why not?
Isabel exits her room after 10 min exactly. She's wearing more comfortable clothes…well, more comfortable compared to everyone else wearing a uniform.
The Integrated seem resistant to being assigned quarters. Apparently they are unused to small, separate rooms back home, and were thinking of using the hangars as their living space.
Isabel: "Are we ready to go?"
Abraham: "I believe we are. This way."
Spyboy explains to them that the hangars are subject to explosive decompression and goes about assigning 5 or 6 to a room, however much it takes to make them feel comfortable.
Abraham leads her to the mess.
The Integrated promptly squeeze in 16 to a 4-bed bunkroom.
Isabel: "Quite a crew you have here, Admiral. Where did you find them?"
Abraham: "Most of the Lago are effectively visitors that we are escorting back to Mu Cephei and I don't expect most, or any, of them will be staying on. The rest I suppose I found by following an old Buddhist proverb. 'Pay attention.'."
Abraham enters the mess and orders a mineral water for himself.
Said water is in his hand not 5 seconds later.
Isabel spends some time chatting with the staff before finally settling for a sandwich and some fruit juice
That order takes a few minutes to fill.
Abraham takes a sip of his water. Hm… mango.
[OOC] Isabel: thinking
Abraham makes no move to hurry her.
Isabel: "So we are heading towards Mu Cephei, right? That's quite expected, considering the amount of Lagos here. What will you be doing after that?"
Isabel: "I'm fairly certain you'll want to resupply and fix your ship, but after that? What awaits the Great Admiral Abraham Bounty?"
Isabel: "What is it that you seek in space?"
Abraham: "The Great Admiral Abraham Bounty? Sorry, I don't know that fellow."
Isabel: "Relax Admiral, this is off the record. I only wish to know more about the man who I'll be accompanying."
[OOC] Isabel: It's not like I plan to convince your crew to unionize and go on strike
Abraham: "The sometimes-adequate Admiral Abraham Bounty however, will likely continue on his orientation tour. Most likely White will be next, though Kali wants me to go to Aldrin."
Isabel: "Aldrin? That's an interesting choice."
Abraham: "I will most likely go to White. I've been looking forward to that for a while now."
[OOC] Spyboy: It helps that it means we'll learn more about Isabel there.
[OOC] Spyboy: I mean Wenser.
[OOC] Spyboy: Eh, same thing.
[OOC] Abraham: So yeah WC, why did you suddenly decide to give Wenser to a new player?
[OOC] Ingenue: Wensabel?
[OOC] WC GM: :P
[OOC] WC GM: Only in so far as Wenser belongs to all players already.
Isabel: "Seems like you are waiting to find something on White."
Abraham: "… you /do/ know what is at White, don't you? I mean, nobody would be stupid enough to try to make it classified would they?"
Isabel: "I do know about White, Admiral. I'm asking what do *you* want."
Abraham: "To study it! I mean, it is the only stellar system scale feat of engineering we know about. I mean, don't /you/ want to study it?"
Isabel: "Finding something there would be the biggest news of the century, that' for sure, but personally, I'm more interested in the motivation behind studying it."
Abraham blinks at that. "Ah… I don't think I understand the question."
[OOC] Abraham: Getting close to 5.
Isabel: "Imagine you find something, something important. Then what? what do you do with that information. Let's say, for argument's sake, you find something capable of making you the biggest power on this side of the sector. Would you disclose the secret? hide it? destroy it? or would you see that as an opportunity and use it for your own gain?"
Isabel: "That is an important issue, understanding what the people with power want to do with it. It's something people without it fear every day. As a journalist it's my job to, at least, find out that."
Abraham: "Ah, I see. Well, as an Admiral, and thus responsible to more than just myself, I'm afraid I can't answer that. It's too vague. I would have to know the nature of this 'power' before I could answer that. Still, in very broad strokes, if I decided that the secret was safe /or/ that the secret was something that humanity would figure out sooner or later for themselves, I would disclose it, probably in an academic paper. It it was not, I would do…something else."
[OOC] Abraham: That's right. If you're a reporter and you want prestige, respect, and POWER, you go work for NPR.
[OOC] WC GM: Got a hard cutoff coming up, so logend here?
[OOC] Abraham: Yeah. Probably best.
Isabel: "That *something else* is exactly what I will figure out." She finishes her order and stands up. "It's been a lovely meal but I'm tired. You'll have to excuse me but I'll be going to my quarters now. I'll see you later Admiral."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License