Session 4 12

Volcano number two looms ahead. It…looks surprisingly non-majestic, now that you've seen one. Although there does seem to be a denser collection of anti-air: crashing the Sterne Lanze through the tree-fortress would be difficult even for Zinda this time.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: ….the difficult we do immediately, so.
The easy approaches seem to be to land on the unpopulated and mostly foliage-free top and come on down, or recruit from the roiling but still somewhat stunned battlefields in the forests below.
[OOC] WC GM: Lest there be any confusion: everyone's back in the Roland by now.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Their cease-fire still in effect?
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: It does seem to be a waste of a chance not to take advantage of my YGBSM aspect.
[OOC] WC GM: The cease-fire was applicable to the other volcano and its surroundings.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The new hasn't reached back here then?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Actually…
[OOC] WC GM: They may have heard. If so, they don't care.
Abraham: "Zinda, do you know how many different clans we are going to have to deal with? A ballpark figure for that would be nice."
Zinda Tegram: "A good number. Thankfully, we have an army."
Zinda Tegram: "Let's see…"
Zinda Tegram looks down from the window at her captured army, manipulated over radio.
The army mills around in the Roland's bays. The human (and lago, and kilrathi) crew give them a wide berth.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: All of it?!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I mean I figured I'd set it out to move.
SpyboyPearson: "Hmm. May not want to take the Roland in quite yet - that looks like a lot of triple-A."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Sorry dead tired here no sleep
SpyboyPearson looks at Heggy. "Shall we?"
Heggy grins back.
[OOC] WC GM: The carrier moves much much faster than a ground army on the march.
Alexander Morello follows closely behind Zinda, monitoring her closely.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Fair enough. ETA on the ground army?
[OOC] WC GM: Many hours. You have what you airlifted.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK. In that case…I set the ground army to head for the targeted Volcano -after- this one so I can use it in the next engagement. They're rebroadcasting the conversation with seeker on the march.
SpyboyPearson: "Admiral, requesting permission to launch to perform suppression of enemy air defenses."
[OOC] WC GM: Hmm…given that you have 5 volcanoes to cover - you can get the ground army to meet you at the center one after you take care of the 4 corners.
[OOC] WC GM: And even that's more than double-timing it for the ground army.
[OOC] WC GM: These are hundreds of miles apart.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I see. Well, OK.
[OOC] WC GM: Walking is slow.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well…set them to manufacture some cars? : P
[OOC] WC GM: That's what it'd take to even meet you at the center in time, yes.
[OOC] Ingenue: They don't need more production facilities.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK.
Abraham: "Granted."
[OOC] Abraham: Sorry, was AFK.
SpyboyPearson and Heggy salute and dash to the launch bay.
Zinda Tegram heads down to the cargo bay.
One of the pilots walks up to Spyboy as he enters. "Sir! What's the plan?"
Abraham stays in place on the bridge.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: oh noz!
SpyboyPearson: "Standard Wild Weasel. Anyone here qualified on it?"
SpyboyPearson: "….yeah, that's what I figured."
One pilot raises her hand. "Just qualified last week, in case you two were shot down."
SpyboyPearson: "…fair enough!"
Pilot: "If you lead, sir, we'll follow."
SpyboyPearson: "Well, here's the way this is gonna work. B-4 and I are gonna head into their targeting zone and…get targeted. The rest of you, stay above the cloud deck - target any AA sites that fire from range, but don't get into AA range till I or the Admiral say otherwise."
Abraham turns to the console techs. "All right. Let's see who the major players are here. Work on identifying and differentiating the different factions."
Pilot: "Yes, sir!"
SpyboyPearson: "Let's kick chocks!"
SpyboyPearson heads over to fighter. Once there he taps his comm.
ExecutiveOfficer: "Already on it. The setup seems like the last: one group - ah, 'clan' in control of the volcano, a bunch of others fighting mainly with each other, preventing any large force from coming up to challenge the, ah, 'volcano lords'."
In the slither-bay, Zinda prepares a pheromone-message. Using slither sense-feed, she readies to broadcast the keys bits of the footage of the previous engagement. Including the threat at the start, the death of the lead-clan, and the appointment of Seeker.
ExecutiveOfficer: "…do they REALLY call themselves that?"
[OOC] Abraham: Aww man. I literally just finished typing '.fudge 5;Alertness Maneuver to lay 'Factions identified' on the scene.' as that came back.
[OOC] WC GM: Sorry. :P
[OOC] Abraham: Eff it.
SpyboyPearson: "Admiral, looks like Firefly is the only other pilot qualified on Wild Weasel. You want her backing us up, staying with the rest for backup, or take care of her own sector?"
[OOC] WC GM: Consider the aspect laid.
[OOC] Abraham: k.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 + - - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Intimidation to place 'submit or die' on the scene.)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 0 (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Resolve)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I could tag them out of that…
Zinda gets…it feels like appreciative cheers in return. The new clan is a worthy adversary!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Let's do that.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging 'Don't know what a lie is' and 'The Fruit of Tzimitche Station'
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: For 7.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: If they realize they can't win, we don't have to fight.
Some of the clans falter a bit in their cheer. Her message might be getting through…but it has not completely deterred them.
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Medical to place Aspect: "Medical Monitoring" on Zinda)
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Hee. I keep on demanding that Abe make decisions. =D
Zinda Tegram: "You done yet, doc?"
Zinda Tegram: "I'm fine."
Alexander Morello: "Sure you are."
Zinda appears to be stable. At least, have reached some sort of equilibrium, as much as she ever had before.
Ingenue takes a moment to compare the layout and unit disposition of this volcano with the layout and unit disposition of the last volcano, in preparation for analyzing the remaining volcanoes.
Abraham answers Spyboy. "She takes care of her own sector. We don't want any new players joining this game without some warning."
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 6 Total: 7) ((Alertness aspect: Layout comparison. Or adding a tag to 'Evidential database'))
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Bureaucracy to lay aspect 'No backdoor for you' on the scene.)
[OOC] Abraham: I can't imagine that will be opposed, so…
[OOC] Alexander Morello: guess it's my turn for a forced reboot. Mavericks here I come….
SpyboyPearson: "Roger that, sir. Preparing for launch!"
The volcano clan appears to have received some information from the previous fight. It is preparing tree rockets, but they will not be ready in time to stop the invasion. There is also something going on inside the rocks…some sort of diversion of the plasma, but hard to identify from here.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: fair warning, I'm on my mobile now
Zinda Tegram strolls calmly to her fighter jet.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Do I get that information?
Abraham neatly identifies the avenues of reinforcement, and marks them off. It does not look like any new players will be joining this particular battle.
Heggy leads the fighter squadron out of the launch bay. She stays level at the head of the pack, then drops low, right into firing range.
[OOC] Ingenue: If it comes from Nue's analysis, yeah.
[OOC] Ingenue: At least, if Zinda still has the radio, which I think she does.
Abraham: "In the rocks? I hope those Kilrathi didn't go the extra mile and uplift some mineral based lifeforms as well…"
Alexander Morello: "Silicon based life has been theorized for centuries, Admiral."
Abraham: "So you're thinking they did. That's just lovely."
As expected, tons of munitions hurtle Heggy's way.
Alexander Morello: "With Kilrathi, who knows?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: she has it.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 9 Total: 10) (Gunnery + Dakka + More Dakka)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Base 5…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Let's end this quickly before the thruster cannon kills us all.
SpyboyPearson rolled up 4dF: + + - 0 (Base: 8 Total: 9) (Piloting + I Like My Sleek Fighter + You Gotta Be Shittin Me)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, idea.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Hmm. Any Harm value associated with that? Cuz failing by 1 I can live with. Be fun.
[OOC] WC GM: Call it Harm 2.
Zinda Tegram starts preparing another hangar-door pheromone burst. This time, she's detailing the 'deep secrets' of why volcanoes erupt.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Three I can still live with.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Do you wanna narrate it or can I?
[OOC] WC GM: You may.
Zinda Tegram: "Attention all hangar staff in bay 6. Get the fuck out if you're not launching. Geoffrey, follow my lead."
Zinda Tegram checks her tactical computer to monitor her weasels.
Thought stops as the trees burst into the sky. Instinct takes over. Heggy waits until the last second to juke, letting the fighter's dish capture all the information it can on the launch systems and targeting arrays below.
Bay 6 rapidly clears out - a high number who were just waiting for some word to launch, the rest hangar techs relocating to other hangars.
The trees burst into shreds around the fighter - but Heggy left it a bare second too long, and one of the trees bursts, throwing metal-hard splinters into the right thruster vanes.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy: Engineering check if you please.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Mild Consequence: Can't Turn on a Dime Macross Zero Style No More; 2 Frame stress
SpyboyPearson rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Engineering)
[OOC] WC GM: …might want to tag or reroll.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Hmm. Any idea what I'm rolling for? Cuz Information might work, or Already Sized Up Tac Sit.
[OOC] WC GM: Information. Difficulty 4.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Done and done.
[OOC] WC GM: What are you tagging?
[OOC] WC GM: Or "Information - The First Principle…"?
SpyboyPearson studies schematics as they pour across his screen - and, though the neu-comm, through his brain. Fortunately, he studied this stuff already.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Tagging Information - First Principle of Warfare.
He has indeed studied this stuff. Plasma gun schematics. Basic stuff, almost primitive, especially at short ranges like planetary defe…waaait, what are the exact same energy signatures as those doing inside the volcano, near where the fusion amplifiers were on the previous volcano? And why are there targeting systems embedded in the volcano's surface just above them?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: It's a gun.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: But we knew that already.
[OOC] WC GM: Many guns, actually. Common power source.
SpyboyPearson: "For reference, Metis, those look very, very much like charged-particle weapons. Possibly a massive one, but more likely they're trying out a new set of air defenses."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, a battery? Actually yeah they don't seem like the type to have high-penetration stuff.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Since we're the first hard targets they've probably encountered.
Zinda Tegram: "Interesting. Now where did they get those…"
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: How fast do the trees regrow?
[OOC] WC GM: They've regrown already.
[OOC] WC GM: Though "rebuilt" might be a more accurate term.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: That's what I thought.
Zinda Tegram keys in the hangar-bay-open code and fires her afterburners.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Bout time to go do work
Zinda Tegram rolled up 10 (Free-guess-tagging: The Volcanoes Burn To Save Us, Free tagging 'submit or die', tagging 'hundred eyed demon')dF: - - + + - + 0 + - + (Base: intimidation Total: 1)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 - 0 (Base: 10 Total: 10) (Intimidation (Free-guess-tagging: The Volcanoes Burn To Save Us, Free tagging 'submit or die', tagging 'hundred eyed demon'))
SpyboyPearson: "Right, then. Looks like we have a good chunk of the sensors painted. Without AA sensors, AA rockets are just expensive garbage…"
Zinda Tegram blasts out of the hangar bay door to maximize the pheromone spread.
Zinda Tegram: "Abraham, can you aim the cargo-bay ejections system in atmosphere?"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 8 Total: 5) (Resolve + Numberless Hordes + We Has Weapons Intended For You)
Most of the fighting below the volcano…stops.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Heee
Alexander Morello: "Was that Zinda? Damn it, I meant to keep an eye on her."
The volcano clan itself continues to rebuild and fire - somewhat accurately; it looks like every slitherer is a "sensor" .
But only somewhat.
Zinda Tegram: "^You would resist, even if it means death?^"
SpyboyPearson starts handing out targeting coordinates like they are candy, arranging them so that there is minimal interference between fighter swarms.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Can I use Communications to represent the fire of the rest of the wing?
Zinda Tegram: "^Do not mistake $chivalry$ for $mercy$.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^I will kill you.^"
VolcanoClan: "^We resist or we die. There is no other way.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^So be it.^"
[OOC] WC GM: Tactics would be more appropriate.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Hoping to save that one to dodge the next wave of trees. Ah, well, here we go~
SpyboyPearson: "Fire from on high, descend upon them like rain!"
SpyboyPearson rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 6 Total: 7) (Tactics for accurate fire support placement. One fighter just doesn't hold enough ammo for all of this, but…)
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, my slither on band 39 is going to start sending you the encryption algorithm they use for pheromone control. Break it for me and I can take control of theirs."
SpyboyPearson: "…You want me to crack encryption on a non electronic carrier in real time."
SpyboyPearson sighs
SpyboyPearson: "Alright. I'll see what I can do."
Zinda Tegram: "Yes."
[OOC] WC GM: And *that* you'd use Communications for. :P
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Culture/Tech to place 'This algorithm is a part of me.' on self.)
Zinda Tegram flies a wide circle around the clans which are submitting, making sure none of them oppose her.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Just something to do while providing Spyboy the code.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Ugh, fine, I'll do it now. *rolleyes*
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: : P
SpyboyPearson grimaces at the impossible task Zinda has set him. Doesn't she realize that chemicals don't work that w-ooooh, they're being encoded and sent over the radio. Interesting.
SpyboyPearson pokes the radio with a finger and routes the output to his cyberwar suite.
SpyboyPearson rolled up 4dF: 0 + - 0 (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Communications)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Make use of my free-tag.
Spyboy realizes he's going to need help…
SpyboyPearson glances at the radio. Zinda….hmmm…..aha!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: You asking for me to help with the description?
SpyboyPearson sets up a feedback cycle involving Ingenue's observations of Zinda. ((Tagging 'This algorithm is a part of me,' as recommended.))
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Zinda: I believe what he means is that if this is a game-winner, which taking over the enemy army is pretty much always a game winner, he wants more input from other players so it's not one person's win.
[OOC] WC GM: …that, yeah. Double-digit difficulty, max 1 roll per PC.
[OOC] WC GM: Cumulative result.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Alright.
[OOC] WC GM: These things *can* work, but only as a team effort.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I just want to commit mass seppuku with their slithers so the volcano-mind goes "oh shit".
Zinda Tegram closes her eyes and tried to focus on keeping her slithers folding the neccesary proteins to crack the algorithm.
Abraham maths out the most efficient way to spread out the chemicals for maximum effect.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - + - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Culture/Tech, tagging 'fruit of Tzimitche station')
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + + + (Base: 5 Total: 8) (Science to apply the aspect 'Maximized Chemical warfare.'.)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Does that have to be placing the aspect? : P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Since it's a cumulative roll.
[OOC] Abraham: ah, I misread that. Can I change that on the fly to a straight up sci check?
Zinda Tegram pauses for a second, and then pulls up the recovered data from Tzimitche station.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Dunno what that's worth here.
Ingenue arrays the fullness of the frame's processing power to analyzing the encryption.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Also, that 2 I rolled earlier is a with tag.
[OOC] WC GM: Sure, go for it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: A four.
[OOC] Ingenue: Comm? Or is this suitably alien enough for Archeology?
Abraham: "The winds are blowing West to east almost straight across at a speed of 12 mph. If you deploy here, the winds will spread them for you.."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, OK? So the Tzimitche records are worth a +2?
[OOC] WC GM: This is suitably alien enough, yeah.
Alexander Morello goes over the logs from the station, trying to find any tidbits of information that might help.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - - + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 4) ((Archeology for breaking things.))
[OOC] WC GM: Always a good use for Archaeology!
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: - - 0 - (Base: 5 Total: 2) (science)
[OOC] WC GM: …might want to reroll that.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Yeah…
Alexander Morello: (tagging something, I don't have my stat sheet pulled up here, for reroll)
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 5) (medical)
[OOC] WC GM: Man On A Mission and Icy Under Pressure would both apply.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: thanks, let's go with the latter)
The pieces fall into place…barely, uncertainly…but enough to be worth a try. It is clear this map will only work for this particular volcano clan - and only once; the clan's methods will change once the nature of the attack becomes clear.
Zinda Tegram gears the cargo-bay reactor into mass-production mode for the attack pheromone.
Zinda Tegram: "Abraham, please eject the cargo-bay into your dedicated deployment zone. I can handle the rest."
[OOC] Alexander Morello: And it's Mavericks time!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: He is AFK right?
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Hm? Sorry, I just switched back to laptop
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Yeah, Abe is AFK.
[OOC] WC GM: Wait for him to get back, or Zinda just ejects it?
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Lets just delegate it to the XO.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: XD
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Abraham needs to press a big red button at least once guys
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Come on!
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: We can't 'come on,' cuz he's not here!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I meant come on and wait. : P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: We can delegate it to the XO if he doesn't show up soon though.
Abraham pushed the big red button marked 'do not press ever, especially if Zinda asks you to' and says "Cargo-bay ejected."
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Well, that settles that.
[OOC] Abraham: The XO will NEVAH press any buttons. That's why we have Admirals.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Doesn't the XO actually press all the buttons? The Admiral just says the orders
[OOC] Abraham: I just like pushing Zinda's buttons.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hahahahaha
Zinda sees the cargo bay drop. Her army does not seem to know how to handle freefall that well - but it will be temporary.
[OOC] WC GM: "Warning, Zindacular launch detected."
As the cargo container passes through the marked deployment point, a slither inside presses the 'explosive hatch release' switch and holds on to the core-reactor to try and not fall.
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Take off every Zinda?
Zinda Tegram: "^I pity you,who think thyself mighty. You had lost before you even took aim.^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Do I need to roll?
[OOC] WC GM: That was the point of the group rolls earlier. No roll needed now.
The central volcanoes' slithers all take aim at the center fort.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Waiting for a reaction before finishing the job.
A heightened pulse of orders and counter-orders, slowly figuring out what happened, the beginnings of adjustments - and warnings to other clans that this is possible - but too late to secure this volcano…
Zinda Tegram: "^Perish.^"
The army opens fire, and then promptly guts itself.
Zinda Tegram then proceeds to fly Sterne Lanze like a crop duster.
Zinda Tegram: "^Who now stands ready to follow Seeker's path?^"
The volcano is uncontrolled. Just like last time, energy readings build up: this volcano was ready to erupt, and the agent stopping it is no longer present.
No answer comes from the battlefield below.
SpyboyPearson grimaces.
SpyboyPearson: "This again."
Zinda Tegram: "^Hmmph. No answer? What happened to your lust for power and life? Are you so easily cowed that you can not speak?^"
SpyboyPearson: "Zind- nope, nope, not gonna say it."
Zinda uses her now-landed slithers to remodel the reactor like she did last time, using the dead army as raw materials.
SpyboyPearson passes orders to the fighter wing. "Head back to the barn for refuel and rearm. We've got four more volcanoes to take, and this little gambit isn't gonna work again."
[OOC] Ingenue: You're going to stuff plant matter into a volcano?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No, but I mean we solved this problem once before. I figured I'd just repeat the process.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: We have 3 more I thought.
[OOC] Abraham: We did it before, it should be easier this time.
Zinda Tegram: "^Speak! I command thee!^"
[OOC] WC GM: It's 3 more, yeah.
Armies: "^So easily they subvert the word.^" "^Such claims - and the volcano lords are gone.^" "^They seek to replace. How competent at control might they be?^" "^…^"
Armies: "^RUN AWAAAY!^"
The former brawl below turns into a rapid evacuation.
Zinda Tegram: "^Halt, or you each shall be but one!^"
The armies show no sign of slowing.
Zinda Tegram flies the Sterne Lanze ahead of them and drops another FAB.
Zinda Tegram: "^Submit or die!^"
Zinda Tegram: "^I would have you hear my story before you flee like so many vermin!^"
[OOC] Abraham: "^Can we just be friends?^"
The armies are fleeing in every direction. Some flee through the fuel air bomb - some taking the brunt so others might pass through. Most go where the bomb is not.
Zinda Tegram: "Geoffrey. Show them how Oldziey treats cowards who flee after their wise surrender."
Zinda Tegram: "^Halt, and you may yet live!^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda did something socially significant, huh?
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Define socially significant?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, the party
Geoffrey: "We'll try, but we can't hit most of them. There are just too many targets."
Zinda Tegram: "Just knock out the tree forts."
[OOC] Abraham: They break out the medal gun to launch their 'I wisely surrendered' medals at them at supersonic speeds.
Zinda Tegram: "Abraham, can you bring the Roland's main guns to bear?"
SpyboyPearson: "He really should be taking that to the next volcano. We have better things to do than shoot people who decided not to join up with you."
[OOC] Ingenue: I thought Zinda was the Roland's main gun?
Abraham: "I can, but I have no intention of firing on a fleeing army."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: xD
Geoffrey: "On it. They seem to be abandoned."
SpyboyPearson: "Is that seriously how you think? Oh my gosh, the bystanders ran away, we should kill them!"
[OOC] Abraham: God damnit, stop running away and face your surrender like a man!
Ingenue: "It is an efficient solution."
Zinda Tegram: "Hmmph. Mercy is not a luxury we can afford in Oldziey."
Abraham: "Neither is genocide."
Zinda Tegram: "This isn't genocide. This is pursuit of a routed army. They're a liability."
SpyboyPearson: "They're not part of a routed army."
SpyboyPearson: "They're the other armies who happened to be nearby."
Zinda Tegram: "The hell they aren't? What do you call that but a route. They surrendered, and now they're running."
SpyboyPearson: "You KILLED the entire enemy army, and now I'm regretting giving you the means to do it."
Zinda Tegram: "The entire enemy army was one person."
Zinda Tegram: "Feh! I'll just have a slither deliver the message to seeker to take control here, if they're too much of cowards to do it themselves."
SpyboyPearson: "Fine, you killed the enemy person and now you want to kill all the other people. Is that seriously how you think?"
SpyboyPearson: "Some knight of justice you are."
Ingenue: "It often seems that Michael and Zinda do not share a compatible language, though both both register as currently speaking Confederation."
Some of Zinda's army have already begin assimilating the remnants of the volcano's tree-fortress, copying what the Seeker clan did.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda only has one daughter!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Also, Zinda thinks it would be unwise to leave anything with imprints of her personality around.
[OOC] WC GM: Then Zinda might want to do something about that.
Zinda Tegram: "$The hell are they…$"
Zinda Tegram reasserts control over her slithers and makes sure they don't begin the creation of a tree fort.
[OOC] Ingenue: So the volcano is disabled, what about the plasma guns?
[OOC] WC GM: The plasma guns have stopped firing, as they used the volcano for power.
The new tree fortress stops construction - even destroys itself. The volcano remains uncontrolled.
Abraham opens a private channel to Alex. "Doc, I think I'm going to need you to draw up that psychological profile of Zinda a bit faster than I had expected."
Alexander Morello: "I think I'm going to have to start over…."
Abraham: "Do what you need to Doctor."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: is the volcano going to blow? I thought she stabilized it earlier.
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: + + - 0 (Base: 6 Total: 7) (Profession Doctor to start rebuilding a psych profile for Zinda)
[OOC] WC GM: It was stabilized while a replacement tree-fortress was under construction. She just halted that effort.
Ingenue: "Seismic activity has resumed. Is this desired?"
Abraham: "No it is not."
Zinda Tegram: "No, but I don't want to clone myself either."
Zinda Tegram: "Can we do this one mechanically?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Can we?
Abraham: "Let me see how much time we have."
Zinda Tegram: "I can pulse the reconstruction efforts to keep it stable while you work."
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Science to see how long they have before the volcano does it's Mt. Saint Helen's impersonation.)
[OOC] Abraham: … I don't think I've ever gotten that particular roll before out of Chessa.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Same.
[OOC] Abraham: I think Chessa just told me 'Meh.'.
Fortunately, between understanding granted from observing the previous volcano being stabilized, and the complete lack of resistance on this one, there is enough time to install a mechanical takeover…but not that, and hang around waiting on taking down the other 3 volcanoes before they fire. A technical crew will have to be left behind.
Zinda Tegram: "I will send word to Seeker."
Abraham: "Not and still have time to stop the last three."
[OOC] Ingenue: How many tech teams we got?
[OOC] WC GM: How many hangar bays you got?
Zinda Tegram rigs a pheromone message up inside the cockpit of a shuttle, sets it to recirculate internal air, and sends it off in drone mode to Seeker's location with a briefing of the situation on the hill.
[OOC] WC GM: What is everyone else doing?
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Circling above. Really I should probably head back for repairs….
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah, and Zinda needs to turn in for that psych eval.
SpyboyPearson: "Take us back to the barn, Heggy. We need to see if we can get that crud cleaned out of our engines."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can we do that before session end actually? Sounds fun.
[OOC] WC GM: Sure. So, you're leaving a tech team until Seeker clan can arrive to take over more permanently?
[OOC] SpyboyPearson: Yeah.
SpyboyPearson: "Sounds to me like we're leaving another Seeker clan here in the end?"
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I've gotta go soon, sorry
Zinda Tegram: "That's the plan."
SpyboyPearson: "We may actually want to leave what's-his-name here, if we want our mechanical solution to turn into a biological one."
Zinda Tegram: "We can't leave any of my…remains, after all."
[OOC] WC GM: Hmm. In that case, psych eval @ start of next session?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Sure.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Sure. Fun times.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: We get to go from combat to analysis
[OOC] WC GM: Alright. Log end, then?
[OOC] Abraham: Since both Metis and me are going to have to AFK, yeah

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License