Session 4 11

The various armies assembled upon the unstable volcano have mostly stopped their clash, obviously in communication with Zinda. Even if the others were able to understand the pheromone language, they would still not be able to clearly hear the words being conveyed.
But currently, they await Zinda's reply.
Meanwhile, the volcano's heat continues to increase. If it is not shut down soon, it is likely to fire - or explode.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I…couldn't find time to write stuff this week. x_X
[OOC] Alexander Morello: That's bad
[OOC] WC GM: Then give them an answer now.
[OOC] Abraham: Wing it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah I am.
Zinda Tegram: "^Power, the chance to be many more, knowledge, a long life…^"
Zinda Tegram: "^The volcano will not give you these things.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^It can only push.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^I, however, can.^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah! Power play! : D
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Did we ever get the live translator rigged up?
[OOC] Abraham: Not AFAIK.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, do that!
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I think Ingenue is the only one in a position to rig that up on short notice
[OOC] Ingenue: For pheromones? I don't think Nue can do that at all, without focusing on something other than 'imminent volcano explosion'.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Ah, yeah. In that case, I think it will have to wait
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ah! I got this.
Armies: "^Impossibilities!^" "^The clans upon the volcano live long, were many, knew much!^" "^What causes these ideas to be communicated?^"
…it would seem the word 'lie' is not in their vocabulary. Yet.
[OOC] Abraham: I'm fighting *real hard* not to make any analogies to our current government situation.
Several of Zinda's slithers form into a circle, and begin speaking translations of Zinda's and the army's broadcasts into their radios.
Abraham: "Oh dear. Zinda is attempting to use diplomacy. This… will be entertaining…"
Alexander Morello mutters into hands "We're doomed."
[OOC] WC GM: Go ahead and do so in the OOC channel. That's one thing it's there for. ;)
Abraham: "No no no. Well, not certainly doomed. I mean, beginners luck is a thing that sometimes exists."
Zinda Tegram: "^Soon, Volcano will erupt, and we shall surely die. I would stop it, but I am new to this form.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^One of you will need to take my place.^"
Abraham: "Rookie mistake. Admitting weakness. A better way would have been to give someone the honor of taking her place."
Alexander Morello: "…doomed."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: :D
Zinda Tegram: "^The Volcano lords spake only foul lies, and were many only through the blessings of the station.^"
Armies: "^We intend to take the place of the volcano lords. That is the place you occupy now.^" "
Zinda Tegram: "^Hah! Do not take inexperience for weakness, fools. I have slain so many that I stand upon a veritable mountain of tree-corpses.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Instead I ask, who deserves the honor of being my successor? Thine small world of petty squabbles bores me.^"
Abraham: "I am above you, high atop a mountain of corpses."
Spyboy: "That's Zinda, alright."
Zinda Tegram: "^Nonetheless I cannot led your childish tampers danger the lives of others; The volcano lords would of pushed this world into another, that is true…But when they did, the collision would mean nothing but despair for you, and those units on the world you would impact.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Fire far greater than the blasts I used to subdue the volcano lord would fall upon the land, and all would burn. The world would split in twain and ever would the clans be divided, fated to fall into the sun and serve as its food.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^You were lied to.^"
Armies: "^More inaccuracies!^" "^The blasts would fall upon the far side; this side would be shielded.^" "^…what is 'lied'?^"
[OOC] Ingenue: Work that last group there, the ones with all the difficult questions.
Zinda Tegram: "^Could one so inaccurate slay the volcano lord with so cursory an effort? You have witnessed death without ceremony; Would you test me?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Consider who spake of shielding.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^The volcano lord spoke inaccuracies to trick you into acting against your interests.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^It sought to gain from your ignorance and gather station-like knowledge from other worlds. It sought only to oppress you.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^You have been liberated, but your new found freedom will be short indeed if you do not heed my wisdom.^"
There is no immediate reply, save for wordless tones of confusion.
Ingenue settles back on the frame's heels. "The existence of this volcano engine is intriguing, but it suffers from severe structural weaknesses without any visible emergency protocol. Creative, but sloppy. Current estimated time to detonation: 90 minutes plus or minus twenty minutes."
Alexander Morello: "Well that's just plenty of time!"
Abraham: "This is… surprisingly standard for Kiltrathi engineering. It's amazing they ever made it into space in enough numbers to actually be enough of an opponent for us to war with."
[OOC] WC GM: What's everyone else doing?
[OOC] WC GM: Taking any actions during the diplomacy?
Zinda Tegram: "^Naive…One can know the truth, and not speak it yes?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^One can keep a secret, and hide their knowledge from the world?^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^We would desire to gather station-like knowledge from other worlds. Is that your criteria?^"
[OOC] Abraham: We're trying to figure out what aspects we can lay to help in a debate where we don't know the language. :P
Zinda Tegram: "^Hah. It is a start; But incomplete. What use is station-like knowledge?^"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's flunkies are translating.
Zinda Tegram: "^Why should you seek wisdom from beyond the stars?^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Shows of force are useful; Diplomatic Support over radio is useful.
Ingenue: "Itemizing recognized options: 1) controlled destruction or detonation of reactor network will remove the threat of catastrophic chain reaction among the volcanoes. Result: current local area flooded by lava. Survival prediction: low. 2) Repairing the reactor network will prevent chain reaction. Problem: The reactors are cobbled together and lack the necessary hard safety features. Without…
Ingenue: …access to machining facilities, it would not be possible to craft the replacement parts necessary within the time window. "
KnowledgeArmy: "^To make new types of units. To find things beyond this world. To seek out new life, new civilizations.^"
Zinda Tegram blinks at Metis's analysis, and sets to having the rear-guard of the volcano's captured army produce…machining facilities.
Spyboy: "There are machining factories on the Roland."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Star-Trek Army?
Spyboy: "We need the volcano intact, at least for now."
KnowledgeArmy: "^To spread where no clan has spread before.^"
[OOC] WC GM: Hints of that, perhaps. But they're not being that bold about it.
Zinda Tegram: "^Interesting answer, and certainly knowledge of that sort could be found among the stars…but why seek it?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^What is shameful in peacefully spin about your sun, quietly awaiting your end of days, and in turn passing your impetus to clans younger than you?^"
Abraham suddenly looks up as a realization hits him. "Zinda, if we lance the volcano, where is the most advantageous place for the lava to flow?"
Ingenue: "The Roland's facilities are necessary but not sufficient. The network, and the materials required, are… extensive."
Zinda Tegram: "If you lance the volcano, we couldn't correct course could we?"
Abraham: "This is one volcano of a chain, but it would be… dramatic."
"Machining facilities" has a different connotation for the plants, but slowly they begin to retool. All around the volcano, large organic factory-like structures begin to emerge, waiting…waiting for something to build. For direction.
Zinda Tegram: "OK, what do I make?"
Alexander Morello: "A very large fire extinguisher would be nice."
KnowledgeArmy: "^No shame. That is what most other clans prefer. But that is not our course.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^If you seek knowledge among the stars, then, and would respect the preference of the other clans, we could show you the road to the stars. But the volcano is not it.^"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 - - (Base: 5 Total: 2) (Science to help guide Zinda in the manufacture process Aspect: Scientifically Guided Process)
[OOC] Abraham: Um… is that enough?
Zinda Tegram: "^Witness the great-flyer above you; Many times the size of even the shell of your dead volcano lord.^"
[OOC] WC GM: Miiight want to reroll.
[OOC] WC GM: And you'll want more aspects too.
[OOC] Abraham: Tagging Math Geek for a Reroll.
Ingenue points towards the components scavenged from the frame's reactors. "Replication of these along with the enhanced output from the Roland may be sufficient."
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + - 0 (Base: 5 Total: 4) (Science to help guide Zinda in the manufacture process Aspect: Scientifically Guided Process (Reroll))
KnowledgeArmy: "^…what IS that thing that hovers in the air?^"
[OOC] Abraham: Definitely better, be that enough?
[OOC] WC GM: That'll do. You'll want three more Aspects total.
Ingenue: "[Michael: Can you coordinate with the Roland to oversee the production of the necessary parts?]"
Zinda Tegram: "^A ship. My home, and my vessel among the stars; It is a road not unlike yours, and the future of every unit who lies on the surface of their world and gazes out upon everything and dreams of words alien.^"
Spyboy: "[Working on it.]"
[OOC] Abraham: By a strange coincidence, other than Zinda and myself, there are three other players.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - - + + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Communications to load required components into the Roland's fab queue.)
Zinda Tegram: "^It is a mighty craft that possesses strength which dwarfs that of the station; Saw we fit, we could lay waste to this world. You may refer to it as 'Roland'.^"
[OOC] Ingenue: I guess Engineering for "Protocol in place" or such?
[OOC] WC GM: 2 Aspects down, 2 to go.
[OOC] WC GM: And, yes, strange how that coincidence works. :3
[OOC] WC GM: Almost like it's one from each PC. Alexander included.
Zinda Tegram: "^But before your road shall open, first we must know if Justice reigns in your heart.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^What are your friends to you?^"
Alexander Morello: "Any shuttles available for a pick up?"
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - - - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 1) ((Used Engineering to analyze and outline the plan, creating aspect: Protocols in Place.))
[OOC] WC GM: …miiight want to reroll.
[OOC] Ingenue: See, chessa, that's just rude. Invoking Walking Fusion reactor for reroll, because.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 4 Total: 6) ((One more time!))
[OOC] Abraham: (Fft! Why can't I get that many pluses when I roll?!
[OOC] WC GM: A walking fusion reactor, knowing a thing or two about fusion reactors? :P
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: + - - + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Science to assist Abraham from the ground)
With deft coordination, slowly the factories are guided into action. Templates spread through the ring, metals - strange to the plants, but identifiable - are mined and smelted, and soon the components come out to not only repair the volcano-engine, but bring it up to Confederation standards…if standards existed for such a massive project.
KnowledgeArmy: "^Friends are…other clans? To be competed with, lorded over perhaps, but to share existence with. Rarely to be exterminated, only if they endanger more friends.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Is that all your friends are to you?^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^…what else could they be?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Have you not felt comradery beside another clan? Have you never risked life and limb to save one who was weak and useless, but precious to you? Have you not seen fit to place the well-being of another clan before your own?^"
The factories drill in, subverting the dead tree-fortress's roots as passageways to install. Naturally, this all leaves the volcano-engine on remote control from the Roland.
Even as Zinda speaks, she can feel - based on the armies' reactions - the concepts behind "comradery" and "precious" being communicated and absorbed as novel things.
Zinda Tegram: "^Art thou but a $Monster$ who would crush all but themselves and consume their comrades, for such a limited purpose as growth?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^If that is thine path then thou wouldst surely perish on the star-road.^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^…where did you obtain these concepts? Did you create them?^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^Did you salvage them from the station?^"
[OOC] WC GM: Everyone but Zinda: Culture/Tech.
[OOC] WC GM: High but not impossible difficulty.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 3 Total: -1) ((Cultech))
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, I'm going to say that one fails, without boost or reroll.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I have none.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Cultures/Techs)
[OOC] Abraham: … Chessa's in a mood.
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: - + - - (Base: 0 Total: -2) (Culture/tech)
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - + + (Base: 1 Total: 1) (Culture/Tech)
Zinda Tegram: "^They are old to us; Long before we knew the stars, when we huddled together beside fire to keep ourselves alive, and lived only by the grace of eachother, these concepts became part of us.^"
[OOC] Spyboy: Spending a fate point - My Alien Wife is in my Head for +2. Total 5.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy passes.
Zinda Tegram: "^The Station knew of them, but was a $Monster$ and cast them away.^"
[OOC] Abraham: Tagging 'Can outmath aliens'.
[OOC] Abraham: for a +2 to give me a grand total of… 3.
[OOC] WC GM: Still not enough - but Spyboy's got it, and can explain.
Spyboy: "…Impressive. And intriguing."
[OOC] WC GM: Though Abraham gets part of it.
Abraham: "What? Clearly I am missing some nuance here."
Spyboy: "Based on some of the responses that we're hearing through the Slitherers, I think Zinda's making up compounds as she goes along. I'm rather impressed that they can actually translate them back."
Spyboy: "I mean, obviously her slitherers understand what 'lies' are, as they are able to say them into a radio. But the reactions of the other fortresses - they don't even know what the word means."
Spyboy: "….That said, the nice thing about pheromone communication is it can be massively parallel. We could probably start explaining concepts using the slimy ones as translators."
KnowledgeArmy: "^You lived because others allowed you to live? How did they survive, before you existed to allow them to live?^"
Abraham: "Well, they did start when she said she mentioned 'comradery'. It's almost like, once they hear a word they get it's meaning. I've never been a huge proponent of the concept of 'DNA encoded memories' but that's one explanation of this."
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Assassin's Creed was right!
[OOC] Abraham: Assassin's Creed would be a superb series if it weren't for Desmond and his framing story.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I demand a Russian Revolution game.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Set in St. Petersburg and Moscow
[OOC] Abraham: Actually, I would love a Chilean coup game. The real 9/11. Release it on 9/11 (not this year obviously).
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I'm not sure Ubisoft would risk that…
[OOC] Abraham: If by 'not sure' you mean 'no way in hell', yeah.
Zinda Tegram: "^They had others, and others before them. Before the far-off-clans gave us their voice, we told them of how we come into the world. Did they tell you?^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^No. If you tell us, we will listen, and relay to the other clans. They will hear of how our creators were created.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Each of us comes from the unity of two others.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^They give a small part of themselves, and the pair nurtures it until it is a unit in it's own right.^"
Spyboy murmurs to one of the slitherers.
Spyboy: "Rebroadcast this in a way that doesn't interfere with what she's saying."
The Slither obliges.
Zinda Tegram: "^If you are to ask where the first of us came from, I would respond that in certain conditions, on certain worlds, pieces of cells form.^"
Ingenue ponders. 'Each of us…unity of two others….Zinda and Lagos?'
Zinda Tegram: "^Over time, some pieces die and others live. And those that live form more like themselves.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Over time their nature changes, slightly each generation. Our world spun, and spun, and spun, and gradually we accrued concepts and tools, and built ourselves a ladder to the stars.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Your originators were similar to ours, though the station's tragic actions have cast you into a world you are not yet prepared for.^"
Alexander Morello: "Maybe Nikolai should apologize…"
KnowledgeArmy: "^You and our creators' and your kind's units are created from a unity of two units?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^That is the case, yes. Though the uniting pair continues to exist, yes.^"
Spyboy: "Partial unity/unity of parts/budding."
KnowledgeArmy: "^We have parsed that and conveyed.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^A friend of mine would have me make an analogy to budding.^"
Slowly, the battles below grind to a halt.
Indeed, the entire wars slow down, at a speed easily believable to be the speed of communication. Everywhere, fighting ceases.
Zinda Tegram: "^You have stopped fighting. I am pleased.^"
[OOC] Spyboy: I assumed that the slitherers were rebroadcasting directly. Don't need to talk to a Slitherer to ask Zinda to do it. She's got a phone.
And a single thought - a single, unified concept - comes at Zinda in return. She can feel the swell of it before the communication itself becomes clear.
EveryClanWithinRange: "^EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!^"
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Cooties?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Cooties.
[OOC] Ingenue: Biological reproduction is pretty icky.
Zinda laughs over pheromones.
In person too.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, you have just inflicted planet-wide cooties. Congratulations.
The pause in fighting is not instant. The clans appear to be taking time to assimilate the rebroadcasted words - a truce brought on by mutual need, if nothing else.
[OOC] Abraham: I am reminded of the scene at the end of the first Ace Ventura movie.
Abraham: "I wonder if this would work on the Nephilim."
Ingenue: "Possible but unlikely. They seem to know and understand the intricacies of human biology."
Abraham: "And not especially care about it either."
Zinda Tegram: "^Such youth. I am amused.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Let us return to the subject of the volcano.^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: We addressed the volcano problem right?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Factory'd it?
Zinda Tegram: "^We would see this world orbit a star, in peace.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Let a clan who would achieve this goal be atop of the volcano. This world is not for us, we wish not to tarry.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Nonetheless, the world the volcano lords would have you strike has many units atop it. We do NOT intend to allow them to die. The volcano lord lies dead for this reason.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Any who threaten the peace of our worlds shall die without ceremony; And any who face me in turn shall learn the true horrors of war.^"
Spyboy: "^Death/pain/oblivion.^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^We would agree with that goal. It would assist in the collection of knowledge. And the other clans are now incapacitated, as they must adjust to what our way has prepared us for.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^What your way has prepared you for?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^What way is that, and what has it prepared you for?^"
KnowledgeArmy: "^Accepting the existence of unsettling ways, done by other clans, such as yours.^"
Spyboy snickers.
Abraham: "We are kind of unsettling, aren't we?"
Alexander Morello: "Yup."
Zinda Tegram: "^Ah, of course. Then come up and be coronated, return this world to orbit, and afterwards destroy the volcano.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Do this, and we shall show you the beginning of the road to the stars, though much of it must be walked in your own way.^"
A group of mostly-slitherers - presumably the ones addressed - approach.
Zinda Tegram: "^No, not your slithers. Bring your signature, and let me regard you."
Zinda's torch slithers block the passage of the slithers.
Spyboy: "What do you mean by 'signature?' They may need to know that."
Zinda Tegram: "Their real body, in this case."
Zinda Tegram: "The volcano lord used the term earlier."
Spyboy: "You mean the tree fortress?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yes."
Spyboy: "You want them….to bring a tree fortress here."
KnowledgeArmy: "^How would you move our 'home'? We would spawn a new clan, allied to us.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Is that your way? Do so, then.^"
Abraham: "Now this is a surprisingly advanced diplomatic move. Demand they come here in force to show that we couldn't care less. Gutsy. Or possibly another rookie move. We'll have to see."
The slitherers attempt to move around Zinda's slitherers.
Alexander Morello: "Is anyone else slightly disturbed that Zinda is our spokesman to another species? A species that has never before had positive interactions with ours?"
Zinda's slither army allows them to pass.
Abraham: "Disturbed? No. Concerned? Mildly."
Spyboy: "Yes and no."
Spyboy says this having turned away from the slitherer to avoid rebroadcast.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Spyboy is unconcerned? : D
Spyboy: "On the one hand, Zinda is not known for her diplomatic abilities."
Abraham: "That is certainly true."
Spyboy: "On the other hand, when you can't establish a working relationship before social alterations are required, it's best to do so from a position of strength. And Zinda is very good at establishing and exploiting positions of strength."
Abraham: "That is also certainly true."
Spyboy: "Similarly, my opinion of Zinda's plans tends away from the 'sane.'"
Ingenue: "Why would that be disturbing?"
Spyboy: "However, we're currently dealing with a planet covered by spore-growing, self-altering, living beings with a pernicious nature and a very, very alien mindset."
Spyboy: "So….basically the sanest idea we can have that can deal with them is ludicrously crazy."
Spyboy: "Hence….Zinda."
The slitherers advance on the destroyed tree-fortress, swarming over it, merging with it. They throw the Sterne Lanze out of the wreckage, as the tree-fortress restructures, returning to life.
Spyboy winces as the Sterne Lanze lands on a non-structural corner.
Zinda's slithers collect Sterne Lanze and go…machine it back up to spec*
Spyboy: "That's….gonna leave a mark."
Spyboy: "Welp, glad I wasn't the one responsible for landing it undamaged."
Zinda Tegram exhales.
Zinda Tegram: "^Clan, I name you Seeker.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^One who looks ups and sees everything, and would seek the secrets therein.^"
SeekerClan: "^We are thus named.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^I grant upon you an honor now; The clans are many and disparate and have no name to call their own.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Who are you?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^What are you?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Name thyself and give thyself a place in all things.^"
[OOC] Ingenue: That's dangerously close to Vorlon/Shadow territory [13:41] <Abraham> ((So Zinda, who do you serve? And who do you trust?
SeekerClan: "^…then we give our name to our parent. We are the custodians of this place. We are the Thruster clan.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^And what of all clans?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^What of the far-off-clans and the many clans of the future among the stars? What of them?^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Will you simply be called 'The Clans' for all time?^"
ThrusterClan: "^The proposal of 'names' has been relayed. Other clans may name themselves. Future clans may name themselves once they exist.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^All units like me are human; What are you?^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I.E. what's the name of the race
ThrusterClan: "^The station gave a name, but that is the name of the soil beneath us.^"
[OOC] Ingenue: Call them Kudzu?
[OOC] Abraham: I was thinking Floridians. Because they are Flora. And because this place is weird.
Zinda Tegram: "^You are not obligated to use that name, and it is better you should name yourself.^"
ThrusterClan: "^You require a string of sounds as a label. One with no other meaning than to collectively label us. 'The clans' has meaning.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^So be it, then. You are The Clans.^"
ThrusterClan: "^That is who we are, but not the name you desire.^"
ThrusterClan: "^Here is the name you desire.^"
[OOC] Abraham: "^It is the name we need, but not the name we deserve.^"
[OOC] Spyboy: "^And so our name is JUSTICE.^"
From every direction comes a series of near-subsonic explosions. There is rhythm and timing, no mere cacophony. It is almost a song, though brief.
ThrusterClan: "^But this is not as short as 'human'. You may shorten it to^ Oom."
Zinda Tegram: "^A fitting name.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^With this, our business is thus concluded. You are certain you can return this world to it's star and bring it to orbit?^"
ThrusterClan: "^Not alone. We will need you to control and convert the other four engines. One way is to destroy them and let us spread there.^"
ThrusterClan: "^We can bring it to orbit of a star. Is the former star the only option?^"
Spyboy: "They are close enough to the other volcanoes to do that, then?"
Zinda Tegram: "^It is greatly preferred, objects of great size attract, even if the effect is subtle at great distances, and the orbit of worlds in a system is a delicate system.^"
Zinda Tegram: "^Zinda Tegram shall go and show the other lords Death Without Ceremony, then.^"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is the sterne Lanze fixed?
[OOC] WC GM: It's flyable.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is it combat worthy? : P
Zinda Tegram: "Now…METIS."
Zinda Tegram: "You crashed. The Sterne Lanze!"
Ingenue: "Yes?"
[OOC] WC GM: With Zinda at the controls, a scooter would be combat worthy. :P
Abraham: "I'm rather impressed she was able to contain herself until now."
Zinda Tegram makes a face that's something between grieving and enraged.
Zinda Tegram: "You said you could land it! You have much to answer for young lady!"
Zinda Tegram: "Aaargh…"
Ingenue: "It is within functional parameters. …mostly."
Zinda Tegram: "No ice cream for a week!"
Abraham: "Harsh."
Ingenue: "It is repai…that does not seem the right answer. It can be…wait, what?"
Zinda Tegram: "No ice cream for a week!"
Spyboy: "Oooooh."
Alexander Morello: "What an abrupt change of topic…"
Zinda Tegram: "It's your punishment for crashing the Lanze!"
Abraham: "I am pretty sure that constitutes child abuse on some planets."
Spyboy: "Eh, they're terrible planets."
Zinda's new army begins to re-organize itself out of it's Kilrathi doctrinal arrangement into a proper Oldziey boarding-focused one.
While this happens, Zinda just looks down at Metis.
Ingenue: "But…but…ice cream is necessary!"
Zinda Tegram: "I'm very disappointed in you. You said you could land it!"
Ingenue: "It did land!"
Zinda Tegram: "Did it, missy? You *crashed* it!"
Alexander Morello radios back to the Roland "I think it's time for a pick up… we might need a heavy recovery vehicle for the Lanze, though."
Zinda Tegram: "It won't need that!"
The marines carefully edge around Zinda and Ingenue, heading for their shuttle, picking up Alexander on the way.
Ingenue: "It was…a hard landing?"
Zinda Tegram looks at the new clan being formed, closes her eyes for a moment, and adds in one of her own slither's. With a torch.
Zinda Tegram: "Hard landing my butt!"
Zinda Tegram: "You're coming with me missy!"
Ingenue: "Yes?"
Zinda Tegram grabs Metis by the ear and starts dragging her to the semi-repaired Sterne Lanze.
Ingenue decides this would be a bad time to remind Zinda that the ear is only part of the skin-sheath and thus cannot tolerate much stress….
The next volcano is a few hundred kilometers away, and will take about half an hour to reach.
[OOC] Ingenue: This one is fully contained, yes?
Spyboy jogs back to rejoin Heggy and his fighter, then.
[OOC] WC GM: The current one? It won't fire until you tell it to, or you have the rest resolved, yes.
Abraham stands in place aboard The Roland.
[OOC] Ingenue: Just checking.
[OOC] WC GM: Presumably logend once everyone's back aboard?
[OOC] Ingenue: Yes.
[OOC] Abraham: Wow. I just noticed the time. That's twice in a row an IRC session overflowed the timeslot and I didn't notice.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: We bomb the shit-out-it basically?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Unless it has something interesting to say.
[OOC] Ingenue: First they will know fear. Then they will know pain. Or, we can skip the first two steps and move straight to 'and then they will die'.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License