Session 3 6

As promised/threatened, the summoned valet deposits the party at a clothing store first.
One that practically radiates a Formal Vibe.
The valet - chauffeur, driving a stretch limo, in tuxedo (though you can not quite tell if the valet is a him or a her) - seems the type that would be at home here, but does not accompany you inside, instead waiting by the limo.
Michael Pearson eyes the store distastefully.
Heggy grabs him by the arm and drags him inside.
Valet: "Please let me know when you are ready. If you do not mind, I shall give your choices a final review - it would not do for you to embarrass yourselves, or Mr. Thanes, at this event."
Ingenue studies the store. "Why do biologics alter their mode of dress so frequently?"
DocAlexander: "Seems there's a dress code."
Valet: "You will need two distinct outfits. This facility can provide both."
Valet: "There is. Not a formal one, sadly, else I could give you a written list of rules."
Valet: "I have taken the liberty of calling ahead and informing the proprietor of your upcoming needs."
Abraham answers Ingenue, "It is probably best to think of it as camouflage. Except instead of blending in with the environment, you are blending in with the rest of the group."
DocAlexander: "Care to share with us what these " needs " are?"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Clothes for a ball, clothes for a rave.
Valet: "You do not already know? Formal dress for the ballroom dance, and…the equivalent for the rave."
Ingenue considers. "That equates a social function to wilderness, with other beings serving as… foliage?"
[OOC] Abraham: The rave's the one with the dress code, ain't it?
[OOC] DocAlexander: yeah, that's why I was a little unsure
[OOC] Ingenue: Rave's always have a dress code, mate.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hmm…Dress or Tux…
[OOC] WC GM: Both of them have it.
Abraham: "Correct."
Zinda Tegram: "Clothing also indicates status, Metis. Well, let's get going."
Abraham is sorely temped to go to the rave in full military regalia.
DocAlexander hates raves.
Zinda Tegram walks into the door to find this proprietor. She is sorely behind on current fashion trends and knows it.
DocAlexander begrudgingly follows Zinda
Ingenue ponders. "If clothes indicate status… what is this unit's status?"
The shop is split into distinct sections, will wall coloring and coverings to match. Over here, blank white walls, with almost-completely-monochrome tuxedos and dresses. Over there, gently strobing blue-black with a riot of colors and generally less coverage.
Abraham: "What do you want it to be Metis?"
Michael Pearson cannot be seen. Heggy is going through tuxedos at high speed.
Toward the back, a green section - is that paint or actual grass - with what could be high-class street clothing; an outfit not unlike Thanes' can be seen among the wares. Finally, a section done up in red hexagons, some with scorch marks, with fashionable camo - likely more to show off the resident designer's skill than actually getting sales - and a few uniforms (on racks marked "Military Only" ).
[OOC] Abraham: Ah, a Paradise Kiss branch. Nice.
[OOC] WC GM: Paradise Kiss might well have been among their long ago ancestors.
Ingenue: "It shouldn't be Admiral. We already have one of those."
It is a few minutes before someone comes out to meet the party - a short, bespectacled lady with gaunt features. "Ah, ze Admiral und his crew! Welcome, welcome."
Zinda Tegram: "Thank you, Ma'am."
Proprietor: "I understand you will be going to ze dance…" She points to the white area. "…und ze rave." Then the blue. "Please let me know if my other wares may be of use…" Then to the red and green in the back. "…but, for now, let us concentrate on your immediate needs, yes?"
Abraham: "Thank you, mam."
Zinda Tegram: "Thanks."
DocAlexander shrugs
There are several tuxedos that fit Michael - and Heggy. Almost as if the proprietor anticipated someone like her wishing to self-service, and preparing many cuts to review.
Zinda Tegram strides forth into the white section. Business first, after all.
Proprietor: "Hmm. So, so." She eyes each of the party in turn.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Huh. How would Heggy look in a tux…?
[OOC] WC GM: Is she going for tux or dress? Both are acceptable for ladies.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Eh, dress, especially if Zinda's going for tux.
[OOC] WC GM: Going with the quasi-canon current-projected-into-future-attitude where the double standard works in their favor if they want it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tux, I think.
Abraham finds a tux that fits around the shoulders. He can have it tailored later.
Proprietor: "Let's see…" She examines Abraham. "Something…bold, for you, I think? You are ze Admiral."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda'd stumble about in a dress, I think.
[OOC] DocAlexander: which would be SOOOO funny
Abraham: "What did you have in mind?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Wouldn't it?
[OOC] DocAlexander: you should do it
Proprietor: "Hmm. Hmm. Ze canvas, I see it and then I get ze inspiration. Hmm…" She eyes the tux he selected. "No, no, too plain, too basic. Well…but hmm. It WOULD do as a start. With the right accessorization."
Proprietor: "Tell me. Have any of you flown on his wing before?"
Zinda Tegram: "I have."
Proprietor: "Ah. What is his style?"
Proprietor: "…"
Proprietor: "Oh my. Forgive me." She bows. "I did not recognize ze Knight at first."
Abraham: "I have a style?"
Zinda Tegram returns the bow slightly.
[OOC] Abraham: Besides, Jazz, I mean.
Proprietor: "A Knight at his side. Hmm. Yes, zat does call for something…special, no?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That accent…can Zinda place it?
[OOC] WC GM: Culture/Tech check, but an easy one.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 2 Total: -1) (Culture Tech)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …
[OOC] DocAlexander: oops
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Let me just
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Fail that check.
[OOC] Abraham: She's clearly a Klingon.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Since I don't have any relevant aspects.
It is not an accent Zinda has ever heard! Well, at least she is not Oldziey. Probably.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm going to assume that if the accent Oldziey Zinda'd know it.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone else can try the same check.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And not need to roll.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
[OOC] WC GM: So she's not-Oldziey but knows enough to honor their Knights.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well. We'll find out in time.
Zinda Tegram starts browsing racks. Green and purple'd be pretty gauche on a suit…black and gold maybe?
[OOC] Abraham: Hm… I'll try Oratory.
Proprietor: "Ah! The inspiration, it is coming!" She points at Zinda. "Gold!" Then Abraham. "Blue, for the commander!" Then at Michael and Heggy. "Red! For both of you!"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Oratory)
Heggy looks at her hair for a moment, then nods.
[OOC] WC GM: Oratory's not quite applicable - but for that result, and an easy Culture/Tech check, it'll do.
Heggy: "It works."
Abraham does not comment on couples wearing matching outfits.
DocAlexander continues browsing the racks
Zinda Tegram glances back. "Very well."
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 4) ((Culture/Tech; Interpreting accents is useful data))
Abraham leans into Zinda and whispers when the woman's back is turned. "Is it just me, or is that an earth accent?"
[OOC] Abraham: Or is it called Terra in this setting?
Zinda Tegram: "Is that what it was? I couldn't place it."
[OOC] WC GM: Both are used.
Zinda Tegram pulls out a black suit with gold highlights. "Is this one appropriate ma'am?"
Abraham: "Hm… I can not explain why, but that makes me feel uneasy. I was hoping you would say 'nah, it's clearly something else'."
Proprietor: "Ah! Yes, I am from ze Terra! I was born on the outskirts of Cologne." Blink. "Why would that cause ze unease?" Smile. "I came here to help oversee ze culture!"
Proprietor: "Hmm? Ah, yes yes, zat one will be ze most striking on you, Knight!"
Zinda Tegram: "Thank you, Madame."
[OOC] Abraham: Note to self: Buy more levels in whispering skill.
Proprietor: "Now zen…" She looks at Alexander and Ingenue. "For you two. Hmm…well." She pats Ingenue on the head. "You are attached to ze Knight, yes? So your dress, it should compliment hers!"
[OOC] Ingenue: All well-to-do knights have an android squire. Zinda, you started a trend!
The proprietor looks at Zinda. "What do you think? A lovely little golden dress? Ze dandelion, to your flower."
Zinda Tegram glances back at Metis. "What do you think, Metis?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Wait… is she dressing us up in starfleet colors?
Proprietor: "And for you…" She nods to Alexander. "Well. Red, yellow, blue? Und I sense something…lifey about you. By chance are you a doctor? In any case, how do you feel about green?"
[OOC] WC GM: The joke. You got it. ^_^
Ingenue: "With this hair?"
[OOC] WC GM: Until she got to Alexander, but eh.
DocAlexander: "I've always been partial to orange."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
[OOC] WC GM: And of course the commander gets blue this generation.
DocAlexander: "Although green is good too."
Proprietor: "Hmm! Well, I have orange too, but let us try green on you first, see if you like it, yes?" She dashes into the tuxedos.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Isn't Green Medical?
[OOC] WC GM: Medical - and science in general - was always blue. Alexander's getting a different trope.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ah.
[OOC] Abraham: Scrubs?
[OOC] WC GM: Standard Fourth Color. :P
[OOC] WC GM: If there's red, yellow, and blue, what color is almost always used for the fourth player?
[OOC] Abraham: ah
The proprietor soon returns with a tuxedo bearing green highlights, somewhat more conservative than Zinda's. The most notable highlight is the lapel decoration - a cross; the other highlights are small tubings along the seams.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Snrrk
Proprietor: "Here. Hold zis in front of you - zere's a mirror to your right. And if zat does not work, ze mirror has a holoprojector; we can try different styles easily."
Ingenue: "If the dance is later today there will not be enough time to adjust the skin sheath." Nue plucks at its skin. "Exact coloration matching is difficult. However…" Scanning the options, comparing them to Zinda's own gold and black. "Complimentary option selected." The choice, a simple black dress, traced with golden threads across the bodice and hem. "Satisfactory?"
Zinda Tegram smiles at her daughter.
Zinda Tegram: "You have good taste."
DocAlexander: "Hmmm…"
Proprietor: "Oh! Such selection!" She smiles at Zinda. "You are raising her well! So much better zan zat last crowd earlier today."
Ingenue: "Ah? Oh. Thank you." The android is… nonplussed.
[OOC] DocAlexander: Is it an Ochiuchus Cross?
Zinda Tegram: "You're welcome."
[OOC] DocAlexander: oh wait, that's a staff
DocAlexander: "Hmm… have this in orange?"
Proprietor: "Certainly, certainly." She waves Alexander toward the mirror. "Go, shoo, tell it you want to see it in orange."
DocAlexander: "Orange please."
[OOC] DocAlexander: to the magic mirror
The mirror is a standard holoprojector with very limited AI; Alexander has seen this particular model in vids more than in actual life. Soon he is surrounded with reflections of him in the tuxedo, the green palette swapped to orange.
The proprietor then returns her attention to Zinda. "Seriously. Parents zese days. Why, zat last crowd - zey wanted to highlight IMPLANTS, of all zings! Guh, seriously, ze beauty of ze human form - and lago, and kilrathi."
Zinda Tegram: "Is that so?"
Ingenue examines its hands, wondering what the proprietor's reaction would be… oh yes, the last person passed out. Sigh. "Implants are just fine."
Abraham puts a hand on Metis's shoulder. "I think everyone can agree that there is beauty in any form."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tch! Beat me to it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: : P
Zinda Tegram notices Metis's reaction and frowns. Well, seems like Abraham has taken care of it.
Proprietor: "Ach. Aaaye, perhaps it is a symptom of ze separation from Terra." She looks to Abraham. "I know, reconnecting is a long, tough task." Smile. "But I know you are up to it, when you can. Until zen, it is up to people like me to keep ze faith."
Proprietor: "Which I will do, to buy you ze time zat you need!"
[OOC] Ingenue: Actually, Nue was thinking about Alex. Technically, Nue's only implant is its skin. The rest is all home-grown glass rods and graphine, perfectly natural (from a certain point of view).
[OOC] DocAlexander: fortunately for Alex's self esteem, he's paying more attention to the holo-mirror than to the owner
[OOC] WC GM: There is a reason the owner is paying more attention to everyone else.
[OOC] DocAlexander: I thought so
[OOC] Abraham: You should totally ask her out.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ah. : P
The medic might notice that, no matter what angle or cut, the projector shows a long sleeve and glove over his mechanical arm - as if it is programmed not to let the metal show, period.
Heggy drags Michael back into view and into the blue section of the store.
DocAlexander experiments with rolling up his sleeve.
By now, Heggy has had time to browse a hundred matching dress and tuxedo combinations. Is that enough?
The sleeve that is projected does not roll up enough to show the metal.
[OOC] Ingenue: C'mon doc, just tear those sleeves off!
Abraham ponders if it would be gauche to high five Alexander.
[OOC] DocAlexander: it would probably hurt
[OOC] Abraham: I'd be gentle.
[OOC] DocAlexander: it would be extremely painful…
[OOC] DocAlexander: for you.
The blue section is - again, more revealing. Metal and gem studs around carefully "ripped" and "torn" areas, like a highly stylized wasteland survivor fashion show.
Leather is the material of choice, with kevlar-cotton a close second.
DocAlexander selects the orange accented tux
Proprietor: "So! Eef zat will do you for ze dance, on to ze rave!" She leads the way to the blue section.
Zinda Tegram wordlessly follows the proprietor.
The proprietor favors Zinda with a glance. "Eet EES ze more, ahem, energetic and adult of ze events, but I haff it on goot auzority zat ze participants, zey will be child-safe. For a certain minimum age. But your daughter, she seems capable, yes?"
Ingenue: "Database analysis of 'dances' offers sufficient information to make a clothing decision. However, the databases that are accessible are less instructive on the matter of 'raves'. The array of clothes utilized is…. Byzantine." Nue looks at Zinda. "Is this unit… capable?"
Zinda Tegram: "I think so."
Abraham: "Just try not to show up the locals too much. It's bad form."
[OOC] Abraham: Old bean.
Proprietor: "Rest assured, zere will be zose who, ah, ensure decency and morality. Your daughter will be, at most, kissed. Though of course ve can not control eef she decides to date zomeone she meets at ze rave."
Ingenue: "Date?"
DocAlexander chuckles
Zinda Tegram: "I don't foresee that being an issue."
Zinda Tegram smirks a bit and looks at Ingenue with a slight smile on her lips.
Zinda Tegram: "Rather, quite the opposite. I think it might be a great learning experience for her."
Ingenue: "?"
The proprietor nods. "And of course it will be subtle. Drones to alert us. Covert disruption, not heavy-handed overt interruption zat might make one feel oppressed."
Proprietor: "EEF any excess hanky-panky happens, zat is."
Zinda Tegram: "I don't think you need to give her that much oversight."
Proprietor: "Oh, it ees not being just for her. Zere vill be other children as well. Ve must vatch out vor all of them, ya?"
Zinda Tegram: "Ah, of course."
Proprietor: "And not all are as well-mannered and polite as your own. Though she must learn about implants…but zat can wait."
DocAlexander: "…Hmm?"
Ingenue cocks its head. Again with the implants?
The proprietor gives Alexander a slight frown, but only for a moment.
[OOC] Abraham: Wave at the nice lady, Al.
Proprietor: "Zo, eef I may ask, is it classified where you vill be heading next?"
Proprietor: "Or rather - you are showing ze flag to all systems, yes? Where is Mahavier on your schedule?"
Abraham: "That is still under consideration. It's not classified so much as we don't know yet."
Proprietor: "Ah? Then might I make a humanitarian request that you see to Mahavier once you are done here - and on Salaam, if you shall be visiting it?"
Proprietor: "For his sake." She gestures to Alexander.
DocAlexander: "My sake?"
Proprietor: "You DO want your real arm back, ya?"
DocAlexander: "That's… not possible?"
[OOC] DocAlexander: I'm assuming they never got regeneration like that down pat?
[OOC] WC GM: Not that you knew of.
[OOC] Abraham: Like we haven't got AI down pet yet?
[OOC] DocAlexander: Good point
[OOC] Ingenue: But this bottle of snake oil (freshly squeezed from AI snakes) will take care of everything!
[OOC] Abraham: Mmmm… AI juice. Tastes great, and less filling.
Proprietor: "I am told zere haff been some breakthroughs in biological sciences, from ze studies being conducted zere. I would not be surprised if they haff a way. Oh, I am sure it will be expensive and difficult, but zat should be no concern for zomeone in ze company of an Admiral."
Abraham gives a faint smile, "Yes, we all know that Alexander only stays for the medical insurance."
Proprietor: "Apparently zey haff been able to construct some large structures, in detail, quickly. An arm should be within their capabilities."
Michael Pearson: "[And the juicy personality data.]"
[OOC] Abraham: That's Neutrino talk, yes?
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Yes.
[OOC] Abraham: K
DocAlexander: "I… I need to go for a walk."
[OOC] Michael Pearson: I just remembered that I can in fact hear what is being said in that conversation, thanks to Nue.
Zinda Tegram seeks to change the subject. "Let's focus on the task at hand, Ma'am. Though I hate to admit it, this will be my first rave as well."
[OOC] WC GM: You're close enough to hear it normally. The blue section would be about 3 mutually adjacent zones, if we were doing combat.
Abraham: "Don't worry Zinda, you're in the hands of an old veteran."
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Well, Michael is currently buried under a pile of clothes to be tried on.
DocAlexander walks away from the rest of the group, heading towards the exit.
Proprietor: "Yes. Ah - doctor, shall I be selecting rave clothes for you? And Knight - really, your first?"
Nothing stops Alexander.
DocAlexander walks out of the store.
Abraham: "Metis, would you please keep Zinda out of trouble? I'm going to go on a walk with Alexander."
Abraham follows Alexander.
Ingenue blinks, then looks up to Zinda. "Do you get into trouble often?"
DocAlexander is pacing outside the store.
Michael Pearson collapses laughing
Zinda Tegram: "Please understand that dancing was not really a required skill for my duties as a knight, nor as a flight instructor."
Zinda Tegram smiles a little and covers her mouth at Metis's question.
Abraham waves at Alexander, "Hey doc."
Proprietor: "Of course, of course. Hmm…something sleek and form-fitting, perhaps?"
Proprietor: "Ah!" Her eyes light up, and she dashes to a nearby rack. "Yes, yes, how about this?" She holds up a bodysuit seemingly made entirely out of jewels.
Zinda Tegram: "That's…very flashy. Ah, you wouldn't happen to have something more…guarded?"
DocAlexander is lost in his thoughts and doesn't notice Abraham
Ingenue: "Perhaps less pointy?"
Abraham nods and merely keeps pace with Alexander.
Proprietor: "Ah?" Her smile deflates a bit. "Hmm. More guarded…aha, how about this?" She holds up a leather catsuit with synthetic diamonds embedded at strategic points, not sticking beyond the leather, only about 1 percent of the surface area instead of 95 percent.
[OOC] Abraham: Zinda, apparently she has you pegged as a rhinestone cowboy.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Apparently.
[OOC] WC GM: Rather, her first instinct was to try to sell one of her most expensive works. Cost Is No Object, she hopes.
[OOC] WC GM: And now she's trying to recover by going on the same theme.
[OOC] Ingenue: Wait wait…. what's money?
Zinda Tegram looks at it and frowns, shaking her head. "I don't think I'd feel right in that. What about…"
Zinda Tegram eyes a plain black open back halter top.
Zinda Tegram: "Maybe…this?"
DocAlexander: "I.. don't know."
Zinda Tegram: "From what I read, I'm going to need to be able to cool down easily, so…"
Ingenue: "Exposed skin does allow for enhanced dissipation of built-up heat."
Abraham: "Well, until you figure out the question, you're not going to be able to answer it. What's the question?"
Proprietor: "Oho, planning on generating some heat?" Her eyes twinkle. "Yes, zen zat might be ze way to go. Hmm…matching, or dramatically different, for your daughter?"
Zinda Tegram: "What do you think Metis?"
Ingenue plucks at the jumpsuit/skinsheath. "Heat dissipation via exposed skin is not as important."
[OOC] Ingenue: In case it comes up: Nue's hair is the heat sink.
Proprietor: "A child, her age, wanting less exposure than her mother? Well. This is rare, but I must say I approve!"
Ingenue: "Exposure is common? Then why don't more people wear less?"
Proprietor: "No, no, dear, this is specific to ze rave."
[OOC] Abraham: Ingenue is a bad influence on Zinda.
DocAlexander: "It's just not fair!"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
Abraham: "Yeah. I know."
[OOC] Ingenue: ….sorry doctor, Nue will be better influence and keep Zinda out of trouble….
Zinda Tegram: "I think she means that keeping bare skin to help her cool is less important."
Proprietor: "Hmm. I see you and I think…waif? Though…you know, she could almost be pulling off ze gothic lolita."
Heggy: "At a rave?"
Zinda Tegram hmms a bit, and then nods.
Zinda Tegram: "I think you're right."
Proprietor: "At ze rave."
The proprietor dashes off into her wares again, spending a bit more time searching this time.
Heggy: "That's crazy. Which does kinda work at a rave, but only if the look you're going for is 'crazy.'"
Proprietor: "Ze point! You get it!"
Ingenue rapid database search for terms: "Gothic Lolita" and "waif" . Cross-reference terms: "Lolita" , "Gothic" . ……how did humans ever get one from the other?
DocAlexander sits down on the roadside curb.
Abraham takes a seat next to him.
Zinda Tegram nods. "There is, one more thing."
DocAlexander: "I hate it."
Zinda Tegram touches her bald head. "I think I might need a wig."
Abraham nods.
DocAlexander punches the pavement with his mechanical arm
The proprietor pokes her head out from over in the green section. "You would not be comfortable showing zat off? I zink it vould vork - but if you wish, a hat. No wig."
[OOC] Ingenue: And no capes. Not that anyone asked.
[OOC] WC GM: You might notice there are no capes anywhere in the store.
[OOC] Abraham: But… I love crepes…
DocAlexander: "It's just so much… better! And I despise it."
Zinda Tegram: "Well, if you think it'd work then so be it."
Eventually the proprietor returns, carrying a somewhat conservative - and notably thigh-hugging - black dress seemingly made entirely out of multiple bands of black lace, knee high socks, shoes, and white lace bracelets.
[OOC] WC GM: http://www.godaisies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Gothic-Lolita-Costume-359x1024.jpg
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Metis is a a scribble. OK.
She picks out a white hairband as she homes in on Ingenue, then offers the ensemble.
[OOC] Abraham: I long suspected…
Abraham: "Yeah."
[OOC] Ingenue: A scribble with Zettai Ryouiki… what, B?
DocAlexander: "I wish I had never lost that damn arm! But I can't just… go back…"
[OOC] WC GM: Most of the references I was finding had waists that poofed out, beyond what seemed practical for a rave.
[OOC] Ingenue: That is a loligoth thing.
[OOC] WC GM: Right, so loligoth but rave-practical.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah loligoth often has gigantic poking skirts, which I like, but yeah not for raves.
Abraham: "And would you if you could?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'd totally wear loligoth if I had money. T.T
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And was younger.
DocAlexander: "I don't… I don't know. Maybe?"
[OOC] Abraham: Wouldn't that be mean to the loligoths?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Fuck'em. : 3
Abraham: "Think about this logically. You have only heard about this from one source, someone who works in a clothing store. And while she might well have a medical degree, she's not exactly a reputable medical journal. You are most likely angsting over nothing."
DocAlexander sighs
[OOC] WC GM: In fact, she does have a graduate degree - in psychology.
[OOC] Abraham: I figured.
[OOC] WC GM: Though it was an honoraria, not earned the traditional way.
DocAlexander: "You're probably right… but what if she is right?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hence the sales job.
[OOC] Abraham: The research was originally to regrow psychos.
[OOC] WC GM: Hence her true employers.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Also, given that she's talking about tech gleaned from Mahavier, I dunno if I'd trade a steel implant built with human capabilities for a biological implant built by a sentient planet that may or may not consider you a mobile spore.
DocAlexander: "But we ARE going to Mahavier. I am going to have to face it at some point."
Abraham: "What if she is? I can say right now that *if* this procedure exists and works as claimed, and is safety-tested, then The Confederacy would be more than happy to regrow your arm for you. But only if that is what you want."
DocAlexander: "I don't even KNOW what I want! Would it even still be my arm?!"
Abraham: "And yes, we are going to Mahavier. But probably not next."
Abraham: "Then you need to figure out what you want."
DocAlexander chuckles
DocAlexander: "You're doing my job, Admiral."
Zinda Tegram: "One last thing before I checkout, then…"
Abraham: "Not at all. Being a sounding board for your staff is one the list of Admirally duties. Right between 'Always make sure no one's making out in the Airlock' and 'Do not reenact Lord of the Flies.'."
[OOC] Ingenue: You missed 'keep my ship un-annexed'.
Zinda Tegram unclips her torch and shows it to the proprietor. "I'll need a way to carry this."
Zinda Tegram: "I'd feel…naked, without it."
[OOC] Abraham: I didn't recite the entire list.
DocAlexander can't help but laugh
Michael Pearson emerges from the rave clothes, Heggy following slowly and thoughtfully.
[OOC] Abraham: It's because I used the word Admirally in cold blood, ain't it?
Abraham: "So is your head sufficiently shrunk for now?"
DocAlexander: "I suppose it is. I think you missed your calling, sir."
Proprietor: "Hmm…"
Zinda Tegram: "A Knight without her sword, y'know?"
Abraham: "Then let's get inside and dressed before Zinda starts to talk."
Proprietor: "Indeed. Ah - on your thigh for the dance, off a belt. Just there. You're a Knight, you're allowed."
Proprietor: "For the rave…over the back?"
Abraham stands up and offers Alexander a hand up.
DocAlexander: "Yeah… we can't have that, can we."
Zinda Tegram: "Maybe, I was thinking lower back, horizontal? But It'd need a harness."
DocAlexander grabs Abraham's hand with his cybernetic hand, and pulls himself up
Abraham enters right as Zinda says that. "Damn. We're too late."
Proprietor: "But of course! Hmm…" She digs a bit, then comes up with a bandolier with a holster of about the right size. "What about this?"
Zinda Tegram: "Perfect, thanks."
Zinda Tegram: "Well, that'd be it. Metis, be a dear and fetch the clothes will you?"
Ingenue: "Certainly. Clothes: Acquired."
[OOC] DocAlexander: ATTENTION! Item: Clothes get!
Proprietor: "Mr. Thanes was good enough to have your credit details forwarded to me. I'll handle the transactions, if you are happy with your selections?"
[OOC] Abraham: Dadada dadadadada! Da da da DA DA da da…
Heggy is holding a single red dress. Michael: nothing.
[OOC] WC GM: Did Michael get a tux and rave clothes? Did Heggy get rave clothes - or did she find a dress that works for both?
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Michael will be wearing his uniform, per instructions from Heggy. They also have clothes that will work well for a rave.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Besides which, having found exactly what she wants, Heggy wishes to continue shopping somewhere else.
[OOC] WC GM: Unfortunately, there's not much time until the dance.
The proprietor taps away on a datapad, then holds it up for Abraham to inspect and approve.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Meh, that one was a Freefall reference anyway.
Abraham inspects the datapad.
The purchases are a bit pricey, but nothing he has not seen before, and well within budget.
[OOC] Ingenue: The Roland has a 'dance and rave' budget? Does that fall under PR? OPR? NOPR?
[OOC] DocAlexander: party slush fund, there's a jar in the break room
Abraham aproves the purchase.
[OOC] Abraham: That jar is the physical representation of my Assets skill.
[OOC] Ingenue: breakRoom.jar.money.get = got;
[OOC] Michael Pearson: It's the profits from the snack bar
[OOC] DocAlexander: I thought those went to help Jim's sick kid?
Proprietor: "Thank you! Now, is there anything else I can interest you in?"
DocAlexander: "What do you know about what's going on at Mahavier?"
Proprietor: "Ze constructs? Yes, I suppose you would wish to know more."
DocAlexander: "Constructs?"
Proprietor: "Well! I haff been hearing that they haff been conducting experiments on rapid building using certain strains native to ze planet, Tuskegee."
Proprietor: "It is all conducted from Tuskegee Orbital, of course."
DocAlexander: "And how do you know about this… program?"
Proprietor: "Word is unclear how much they 'teach' and how much the plants discover. Apparently a new strain showed up recently, with much knowledge."
The proprietor smiles. "I keep my ear to certain strains of gossip."
Proprietor: "Mr. Thanes was meeting with a friend in a cafe I frequent. I overheard some parts."
DocAlexander: "Of course…. Thanes."
Proprietor: "Of course. His friend…I believe he is on your medical board?"
DocAlexander: "Who?"
The proprietor frowns. "Nasty sort. Practical. Maybe the same person who…" She nods toward Alexander's arm. "…decided for you."
Proprietor: "But I did not catch his name."
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Decided to what, replace the arm rather than go without?
[OOC] WC GM: Decided on an openly artificial arm.
DocAlexander: "Of course… Nikolai."
The proprietor blinks. "…that…might have been the name, yes."
DocAlexander: "I should have guessed."
Proprietor: "Whoever it was, is stationed on Tuskegee Orbital, and was describing ze results."
DocAlexander: "I was wondering where he had gone off to."
Proprietor: "Somewhat concerned, judging by his tone of voice, but also…excited, yes."
Proprietor: "Something about where ze data and intelligence had come from."
DocAlexander: "Concerned? If Nikolai is concerned, then there is something really wrong."
Proprietor: "He was quite concerned to make sure zere had been nothing from Salaam."
The proprietor shrugs. "Who knows what is up with those kilrathi?"
Zinda Tegram faces away towards the door with a blank expression, holding her bags.
Zinda Tegram: "Let's go, Alex."
Zinda Tegram steps outside and nods to the valet.
Zinda Tegram: "I imagine these will be appropriate?"
The valet nods back and opens the passenger door.
Valet: "Indeed."
Zinda Tegram steps inside the passenger door and closes her eyes.
DocAlexander: "Thank you for the… information."
The proprietor nods. "If it will help you…set things right, that is reward enough. Oh! But one favor, if I may ask?"
DocAlexander: "Yeah?"
Proprietor: "You are headed to Salaam, yes? Do try to convince the kilrathi that they need not hide so much."
DocAlexander: "I'll, uh, I'll see what I can do."
Proprietor: "I know we once warred, but that is in the past and sectors away. Here they may be part of us!"
[OOC] Abraham: We arrive at Salaam. "Okay, any Kilrathi hiding in the sound of my voice, you just keep on keeping on. Crest's looking for you."
[OOC] DocAlexander: Whatever you do, do not brush your teeth! It's how they control your mind!
[OOC] DocAlexander: That and fluoride
[OOC] WC GM: For the record: this lady ain't from Crest. She's from Earth. BIG difference.
[OOC] Abraham: Yeah. Earth suffers from tooth decay.
[OOC] Ingenue: So, wait. Someone can't come from earth and choose to work for Crest? Nue came from lagos and works for the Roland.
[OOC] Ingenue: Zinda came from Oldziey and works for Zinda.
[OOC] WC GM: Clearly I have to develop this particular faction more, if you are confusing them with Crest. :P
[OOC] DocAlexander: Spoiler alert: turns our everyone is working for Crest!
[OOC] Ingenue: Everyone is also Wenser.
[OOC] Abraham: Yes. You all work for me. I mean Crest.
[OOC] DocAlexander: So… if we all work for Crest, and are all Wenser… who gets paid?
[OOC] Ingenue: Wenser.
[OOC] DocAlexander: who's on first, Wenser's on second, I don't know's on third.
[OOC] WC GM: Since this is trailing off into OOCs…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License