Session 3 2

Amaal. High population (for this sector), high art, local center of pop culture. Some call it the Planet of Paparazzi.
And now it seems the party will be wading down into it.
It is perhaps no surprise that a higher density of sensors are directed at the party's fighters than was even the case on Armstrong.
[OOC] Abraham: Okay, people, we need to do this in super-slow mo, while The Real Ghostbusters' theme is playing.
There is no question that this entrance is being recorded.
[OOC] WC GM: That said, do you do any IC flash or just play it by the book?
Michael looks distinctly nervous as he watches the threat indicators. None of those scanners look like targeting systems, but if you network enough up….
Zinda Tegram glances at where imagines the camera will be as she walks along behind Abraham. Let them watch.
Alexander revels in his relative anonymity
Abraham has kinda become use to this sort of thing. He largely ignores every camera that doesn't looks suspiciously like a gun.
Actually, some of the scanners do look like targeting systems. Some military surplus, some with the distinct lack of quality control that screams DIY. No weapons seem to be following them up, though.
Ingenue takes in the situation with measured calm and budding excitement.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda: you're in your fighters on the descent down. Or shall we skip to the landing and walking away from? Which is largely the same, just on foot.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm flexible.
[OOC] WC GM: So, after landing, where does the party go?
[OOC] Michael: If nothing's happening as we go down - I don't see any of us as flashy pilots.
[OOC] WC GM: Nothing happens except very intense scanning.
Zinda Tegram flies in like nothing is interesting.
[OOC] WC GM: You're pretty sure they can read your expressions soon after you enter the atmosphere, and model your pores from at least a mile out, with this much sensor coverage.
Michael: "[I think some of these sensors can punch through the harshest jamming I can put out!]"
[OOC] Abraham: Has Zinda managed to join the Wonderbolts yet?
Michael: "[….I WANT.]"
[OOC] WC GM: Not…yet.
[OOC] Abraham: Then we'll call that 'a continuing plot thread'.
RandomIntegrated: "[I'll put some on display for you. I mean, I could show you, but how do you know I'm not imagining real hard? Come by my shop once you're groundside.]"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee.
Heggy: "[No kidding. You haven't seemed that desirous since the last time we - ohcrap Ingen- I mean Metis can hear us. And so can a very large number of Integrated.]"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda's too EXTREME to join the wonderbolts!
Michael: "[Thanks.]"
Heggy blushes furiously.
[OOC] Alexander: Who is Alex flying with?
There is what amounts to a collective "[Hmm?]" over the neutrino comms.
[OOC] WC GM: Likely Zinda or Abraham.
[OOC] WC GM: …probably Abraham, if we keep it 2/fighter, and let Hrrin fly solo.
[OOC] WC GM: B4/Spyboy, Abraham/Alexander, Zinda/Ingenue, Hrrin. That sound right?
[OOC] WC GM: Listing the pilot in each case first, of course.
[OOC] Michael: Sounds solid…..
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah probably.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …What?
[OOC] Alexander: I think people might be having connection issues
[OOC] Ingenue: Might?
[OOC] WC GM: Possibly.
[OOC] Alexander: They could just have cats on their keyboards, you never know
[OOC] WC GM: More like their routers' power buttons.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway. The party lands without incident - where do they head once on the ground?
[OOC] Michael: I have an invitation to a sensor shop.
[OOC] Abraham: We're switching over to Shad's phone, which means Shads needs to power up his laptop. He'll BRB.
[OOC] Michael: I imagine that Abraham has a meeting with the local government.
[OOC] WC GM: Is the party sticking together?
[OOC] Michael: Good question!
Michael: "Admiral, I've got an invitation to visit a local sensor shop- I'd like to see if they have anything that can help penetrate the Nephilim cloaks. Have you set up a schedule to visit the planetary government yet?"
Abraham: "I have. I deliberately left it vague on how many people I would be bringing along, so you can hit up the sensor shop if you like."
Michael: "Understood, sir."
[OOC] WC GM: Which leaves the question of, which one do Alexander, Zinda, and Ingenue go with - or do they go their own way? Hrrin can be running around solo pending Zuki.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …Is there much of a black market around?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda might be hitting up an old…business partner, I was thinking.
[OOC] WC GM: A planet like this? What do you think? :P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hahahaha.
Zinda Tegram: "Abraham, I've got some business to take care of. I shouldn't be too long."
[OOC] WC GM: With so much effort put on appearances, genuinely non-black markets might be in the minority.
Alexander: "Hey Michael, do you mind if I go with you to this shop? I want to see if maybe they have some medical sensors."
Michael: "Not a problem, Commander."
Abraham: "Hm… I'm beginning to wonder if I shall have to brave this meeting alone."
[OOC] WC GM: Which party is Ingenue going with?
[OOC] WC GM: Or should I ask, which of the three data acquisition opportunities looks tastier to the android?
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue tends to stick rather close to Zinda. And a market, that happens to be black? That's not anything unusual, data stores show markets come in all colors.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
And so the party splits up. The mobs following the party do not seem to shrink proportionately.
[OOC] Ingenue: And government meetings… last one nue went to, they registered her as an adoptee. No more bureaucracy, thanks.
Zinda Tegram glances back at the mob. That might be a problem.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hahahaha, I have an idea.
Zinda Tegram does a loooooong stretch, with her hands coming up high over her head. They somehow -just so- make the Oldziey 'clear my six' hand signal. With that, she keeps walking.
The sensor shop proves to be located rather close to the black market - only a block away. So does the "Planet Hall" - the building where local government stuff happens. In fact, their coordinates form a nearly-equilateral triangle.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Just in case anybody in the know is watching~
[OOC] Abraham: Yar! In accordance with the prophecy.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
Zinda did not see Geoffrey follow her down. His squadron is nowhere in sight. And yet, right on cue - smoke bomb, providing her just enough time to dash into a nearby alley.
Zinda Tegram bolts for the side alley!
[OOC] WC GM: Presumably with her hand on Ingenue, dragging the android along?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Of course. : D
[OOC] Abraham: Because Zinda is so very strong enough to drag Ingenue anywhere she doesn't want to go :P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hahahaha, I don't think Metis is really resisting. : P
The double doors to the halls of government open wide as Abraham approaches. The mob at least kind of hangs back - the glares from the armed guards might have something to do with it.
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue isn't that heavy. Probably not much heavier than a full grown person, otherwise there would be deformation of the floor in the Roland, and that just isn't cool.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: KK~
Michael and company, on the other hand, are nearly bodysurfed to their destination. Oh yeah, the crowd knows where he's going. It is a somewhat humble shop - but all three know that the best ones usually are, focusing on the tech rather than the presentation. Which just makes it stand out among the glitz and glamor and - oh, right, having its own style IS advertising around here.
Michael sighs to himself - he hates people knowing things about him.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I feel cool. I just did that Assassin's creed raise my hand arrows fly everywhere thing. Except with smokebombs instead of arrows.
And so it is that all three parties happen to be greeted with "Welcome, welcome" from three distinct voices at the same second.
[OOC] WC GM: Your crew has you covered, alright.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Sakarov?!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I was just hoping to ping random ex-Oldziey folks in the crowd like that Tailor. : D
Abraham: "I am Cap… Admiral Abraham Bounty. I believe I have an appointment."
[OOC] WC GM: You're not sure whether you succeeded or that was Geoffrey.
Abraham mutters to himself, "Now Michael has me doing it."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee, I'm not.
Zinda Tegram: "Hello, Badger."
Zinda Tegram: "I hope I don't bring too much attention."
Michael: "[I believe we spoke on my way in?]"
Mayor: "Welcome, Admiral Bounty. I am Vristafoon Thanes, mayor of this planet. What can I do for you?" The…man, Abraham suspects…in front of him is a classic portrait of the ancient term, "bishonen" , dressed in frills that would have not have raised an eyebrow a thousand years ago.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee~
Badger: "Nah. They're after the Admiral. You just happen to be with him. So who's the tyke?" Badger looks the part - short, shifty eyed, dressed most notably in a hooded cape he probably got from a second-hand costume shop. He lurks in the shadows down the alley; Zinda knows the walls to be false, concealing his wares.
Abraham nods "Mayor Thanes. This is mostly to touch base with the local heads of each planet in this region of space."
Zinda Tegram: "Just my daughter. Anyways, I'm here to buy today. I need something a little unorthodox…"
Ingenue: "Tyke?" ((With a typical tykebomb, that would be all threatening, but this is actually questioning.)) Nue glances down at its frame. "…it may be necessary to put in a requisition for a larger frame."
SensorShopIntegrated: "[Yes, that was me. Call me Tate. You were thinking something about cloaking technology? What have you seen?]" The lago…is an average lago, dressed in overalls, looking every bit the chipmonkey. A workshop-grade fab takes up most of the back of the shop.
Zinda Tegram: "A combination of an energy shield and heat rejection system that take upwards of 8,000-C. Personal scale."
Zinda Tegram: "And it needs to work under high pressures."
Zinda Tegram: "Very high pressures."
Alexander looks around for anything that looks medical.
Zinda Tegram: "It needs to work sustained, for a matter of hours."
Abraham: "Mostly I am here to learn what unique needs this planet has, and every planet has unique needs."
Thanes: "Ahh. Very good. Would you and your crew care to join me for lunch in an hour? We'll be screening dramatic renditions of the incident at Mu Cephei, and we would be honored to have your opinion."
Badger whistles. "You don't want much. Heh, but you never did. What're you up against these days, that your torch can't already cut?"
Michael: ":We've noticed that our enemies seem to have some effective cloaking technology - though I'm not sure if our scan records are sufficient to indicate how it works.:"
Abraham: "I have already given my crew shore leave for the rest of the day, so I'm afraid it will just be myself."
[OOC] Abraham: Well, I suppose I effectively did.
Zinda Tegram: "Oh the torch can cut it, I just need to get close. Oh, and one other thing, a bit more related to your specialty…"
Zinda Tegram: "I need a bomb. A big one, conventional."
Zinda's face darkens.
Zinda Tegram: "Big enough to alter the pressure in a planetary core."
Thanes: "Ah? Then we shall satisfy ourselves with just you. Now! You wished to know our concerns?" His smile breaks, just a little. "One word: Kilrathi. Or in two: *those* Kilrathi."
Zinda Tegram: "Don't worry Badger, this one is just the backup plan."
Alexander: "Excuse me, do you have any medical scanners?"
Tate: ":Hmm, I see. Is this similar to Kilrathi cloaking technology? Because I know how to break that.:"
Michael: ":I don't know, but probably?:"
Michael: ":Oh, we're leaving him out of this conversation, aren't we?:"
Abraham is glad Hrrin went her own way for this meeting. "What about 'those' Kilrathi?"
Tate looks at Alexander for a moment, then at Michael. ":Is he with you? I don't feel him.:"
Michael: "What was that, Commander?"
Badger blinks. "…which planet? 'Cause you know where you can get a bomb like that, and it ain't in this system."
Alexander: "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."
Zinda Tegram: "Not a temblor. I don't want to rip it."
Zinda Tegram: "Just change the pressure."
Thanes sniffs. "Ever since our sister planet was designated their refuge, they and their ways have…well. Ruffians, most of them. They can't help it, being from a warrior culture, I suppose, but we have made efforts to civilize them and I am afraid it has not gone quite so well as our efforts with the lago have."
Zinda Tegram glances back at Metis. How's she taking this?
Badger: "Which planet, though? It affects how big a bomb you'll need."
Zinda Tegram: "Let's say, Mu Cephei."
Zinda Tegram: "I don't want to cause much overflow in the tunnels, either."
Ingenue glances upwards at Zinda.
Badger scratches his head under his hood. "Prime? Why would you want to mess with that rock? Well…you'll need something the radiation won't fuse or detonate early…hmm. Tricky, tricky. But I think I know where you can get one."
Zinda Tegram put a hand on Metis' shoulder to reassure them.
Badger: "It'll be in two parts. First you'll need enough boom. Frankly, you're on Abraham's wing, much as I hate to steer away good business you'll have MUCH more luck simply requisitioning it through him. Assuming it's something he approves - if not, you'll have the problem of smuggling it on his ship. The other part's the detonator, and that…yyyeah, I think I know how you can get one of those."
Tate looks at the conversation between Michael and Alexander, then eventually nods. "Medical sensors?" He waves a hand to his right. "Third display case. Not my specialty, but you're welcome to browse."
Alexander: "Thanks"
Alexander goes over to examine his wares.
Badger: "Of course there's the question of price. What are you offering?"
Zinda Tegram: "Remember that incident with the 6 pirate ambushes on the freighter group between David and Sommers last year?"
Tate's medical sensors are of a bit limited selection, but high end for what's there. One of the units even seems similar to that neutrino communicator the others have been toting around, and has a very short label - in lago.
Zinda Tegram: "I can make sure that you don't lose 6 good squadrons again."
Zinda Tegram smiles a little.
Badger smiles. "Deal!"
Alexander points to the one with Lago script on it.
Alexander: "How much for this one?"
Zinda Tegram smiles. "Sounds good. Just tell me which groups not to sign on with before they launch, and, ah, don't target any of my own assets. I'll tell you if you are when I get the list."
Michael eyes the Lago script.
Zinda Tegram: "Say, make the deal for a year?"
Badger nods. "So you'll have to pick it up from a friend of mine. Ferret, works for Crest Corporation…or so they think. You may need to help him out of his situation, buuut I think it's something you'd be doing anyway."
The script reads, ":In-Body Scan:" .
Abraham: "Yes, the Kilrathi culture has little in the way of 'a cviilian life' I am given to understand. Well, I do count a Kilrathi among my crew and among my friends. She might have some insight to this problem. If nothing else, they are probably likely to be more honest with her than they would be you or I."
Zinda Tegram: "Thanks. Oh, and if you can make a slightly-higher-than normal target of crest this year, well, call it a favor."
Zinda Tegram: "I'm on the market for info on their activities, though I'm sure that's bustling."
Zinda Tegram: "Cya badger. Don't kill any kids."
Tate raises an ear. "Ohh. Good eye. That's one of my more, ahem, homebrew systems. Normally I'd quote you a price that's way above your pay grade…" His other ear points to B4 for a bit. "…but if you're with them? Yours for the test data." He peers. "I see by your rank insignia you're a doctor, so you're qualified to test it out."
Badger: "Ah! I'm not done yet."
Zinda Tegram: "Oh, yeah, that heat rejection system?"
Badger grins.
Zinda Tegram smiles just a bit. As planned.
Badger: "In a bit. First, Ferret. You see, he's stationed in Aldrin. They think they've got him reassembling the Temblor."
Badger: "They…think."
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah?"
Zinda Tegram pulls out her cred-card and checks the balance without turning around.
Badger poses, chin to hand. "Now. What WOULD a fine, upstanding corporation like Crest, need with another Temblor? Especially in a situation like we're in now?"
Badger frowns. "I've heard too many rumors of their dealings with the Nephs to dismiss them as paranoia."
Zinda Tegram: "I see. Is that all you've got?"
Zinda Tegram starts to put her card away.
Badger: "No, no. Oh, and your heat rejection system, I can get that delivered to you tomorrow morning."
Alexander: "Sounds like a deal."
Zinda Tegram: "Thanks. Send it to Geoffrey."
Thanes: "This is true, this is true. In a way, that's part of the problem. They pay less attention to how things seem, how they come off."
Tate nods, then adds to Michael and Heggy, "[Of course you know why it's only you.]"
Abraham: "When I get back to my ship, and my crew comes off shore leave, I will pick her brain on this."
Badger: "One more thing. These deals seem to be going through a common contact. Wincer, I think?"
Zinda Tegram: "Wenser."
Ingenue files that bit of data aside.
Zinda Tegram: "Try and not let him touch my orders."
Badger: "The Admiral? What's he got to do with it?"
Badger: "Alright. Why, you think he's on the take from Crest?"
Zinda Tegram: "That's some big paydata. What do you have?"
Badger: "I might've pegged Dakka for that, but not Wenser."
Zinda Tegram pulls up a chair and sits.
Badger shakes his head. "Not worth my hide, if I go poking there. If you are, good luck to you."
Zinda Tegram: "If you want to talk Wenser, I'll need something bigger than all of what you've got behind those walls."
Badger: "I know! And I like my insides where they are: inside me."
Zinda Tegram grins a little.
Badger: "I'll help you out if you're gunning for him, but *you're* doing the gunning."
Zinda Tegram: "You always were careful."
Zinda Tegram: "I haven't decided yet."
Badger: "That's why I'm still alive."
Badger: "How's Alfred, by the way?"
Zinda Tegram: "Alfred is…"
Zinda Tegram chokes a bit.
Zinda Tegram: "Alfred's under somebody's thumb right now."
Badger looks down. "I see."
Zinda Tegram: "I can't tell how much, but I don't like it."
Alexander looks at Michael inquisitively.
Thanes: "Thank you. But you should see our sister planet for yourself, as well. Just…brace yourself for barbarism."
Thanes: "Once you see them then you will understand, I am sure."
Zinda Tegram: "I don't think you'll see her for a while. Also, I'm sure you'll figure out soon anyways, but I killed her. Not sure I can call her dead though."
Abraham: "Well, your sister planet is on my itinerary. So we'll just have to see if it's merely barbaric or barbaric."
Zinda Tegram: "If you want the full story on that one, I'll need a new laser cannon."
Thanes chuckles. "Well put, sir. Well put. Aside from that, and the, ah, current inter-system problems, we are doing well enough. It helps that our primary export - culture - is information, and so can not be intercepted so easily as an agricultural world's output might be."
Badger knocks on a wall. A panel most of the alley's length flips down, revealing a laser cannon similar to Sterne Lanze's. "Like this one?"
Zinda Tegram: "Not bad. Personal-scale ship weapons your thing now?"
Thanes: "That said, data on these Nephilim would be appreciated, so that we can make renderings of them, but doubtless that will become available over time. Many of our citizens have been clamoring for that particular tidbit, but I do try to take the long term view on this."
Zinda Tegram: "But no, I overloaded my EVA cannon on the Mu-Cephei shipyards."
Badger: "Ah, then you want something smaller." Two knocks, and the fighter cannon is hidden once more. On the opposite side is a selection of man-portable lasers. "What's your pleasure?"
Zinda Tegram looks down the wall and frowns.
Zinda Tegram: "Too small."
Badger: "Ahh. Ship-size too big, these too small, what size DO you want?"
Michael tilts his head at Alexander.
Zinda Tegram chuckles.
Michael: "You need something, sir?"
Zinda Tegram: "Let's see…."
Zinda Tegram: "What happened to that shipment of miniaturized AT-lasers?"
Alexander: "Uh… no, that's about it, I think."
Badger frowns. "Fell onto a truck, if you know what I mean."
Zinda Tegram: "Ah, of course. Hmm. Well, Do you still have those 'Lahti' extended range ones?"
Tate: ":So…cloak defeating scanners. I don't suppose you have any recordings? I need to know what, if any, spectra they shift things to.:"
Badger: "Of course." Another couple knocks, and two of them are on display - one shiny, one battered. "Ah, don't touch the display model: it's a trap."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram:
Badger: "The other one works, though."
Zinda Tegram: "May I inspect?"
Badger: "Sure."
Michael pulls out his personal computer, with the recordings of the one encounter he, Zinda, Hrrin, and Abraham had, with the cloaked fighter trying to biopoison the Lago refugee ship.
Zinda Tegram picks the laser rifle up and starts to inspect the numerous focusing lenses down the barrel.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Alertness)
Tate: ":Hmm…:" Blink. ":Whaaaat? This is…pfffh.:" He giggles. ":Is this a joke?!?:"
The battering appears to be cosmetic. This rifle is the real deal.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: 'Rifle'
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee.
[OOC] WC GM: That's one word for it.
Zinda Tegram: "It'll work."
Zinda Tegram: "So."
Zinda Tegram: "Alfred."
Abraham: "So your biggest concern is the refugee Kilrathi? Nothing else of any importance?"
Zinda Tegram: "After I cut ties to Harvest, you obviously know I took up some freighter escort jobs, since you lost those fighter groups."
[OOC] Michael: What does the neutrino comm tell me he means by that?
Thanes: "Well…of course the people would like it if you would pose and speak to them. But you knew that."
Badger nods.
Zinda Tegram: "Well. after that, Confed called me back and hooked me up with Abraham for some work in Mu Cephei. The whole 'Crest Superlaser' situation that everyone and their mom in the shadows knew about."
[OOC] WC GM: The same thing he says a second later:
Tate: ":This isn't even Kilrathi standard! It's like them but cruder!:"
Zinda Tegram: "Skull and Cape were flying in defense of it. I shot them down."
Thanes: "In particular regarding human-lago relations. Or perhaps your crewmen, what were their callsigns, Spyboy and B4? Perhaps they can speak to it better."
Thanes: "Oh! I suppose I maaay have one matter of actual governmental importance. Have you heard of a group called 'the Integrated'?"
Abraham: "I suppose a short press conference is in order. I'll probably arrange one later in the week." ((Unless it is also Saturday in game, then 'next week'.))
Badger winces.
Zinda Tegram: "Elements of Skull fell back to Mu Cephei prime, and landed in an area known as 'the shaft'. We pursued them through tunnels, and came to face the thing that bomb is for."
Michael: "….Really."
Michael frowns and grins maliciously.
Badger blinks. "You've been to the Shaft? And LIVED?!?"
Zinda Tegram: "Apparently, it has a digitized copy of Alfred's mind."
Zinda Tegram chuckles.
Tate: ":Sure I can help you crack 'em.:"
Badger: "…"
Badger: "What."
[OOC] Abraham: anyone else find it oh so mysterious that as soon as I'm asked about the integrated, I get dropped?
Zinda Tegram: "You heard me."
Zinda Tegram: "Or does my info ever come out false?"
Badger: "But…that…it's…I…whaaat?!?"
Badger: "That's an AI you're talking about! No one's been able to make one!"
Zinda Tegram smiles. "The digger queen has many secrets. Right Metis?"
Abraham: "I've heard of them. Why? What have they done? Everything I've heard about them says they're generally nonviolent."
Thanes nods. "Indeed. But they seem to be sharing secrets, and apparently there are a good number on this planet. I did not know if they were a security concern."
Thanes: "The fact that they are an all-lago group was especially troubling."
Zinda Tegram: "…6 'Shwartze-Lanze' for info on where the AI came from."
Alexander examines the device up close.
Thanes: "Why can they not Integrate humans too? And kilrathi, I suppose."
Badger: "…that's going to take some doing. But…for this…your info's always been on the up and up…"
Abraham: "Why is their being all-Lago troubling?"
Badger: "How long do you plan to be in system?"
Abraham: "Who's to say they haven't?"
Zinda Tegram: "Not extra-long."
[OOC] WC GM: Science or similar check from Alexander - and Michael and Heggy, if they're examining it.
Zinda Tegram: "Why do you ask?"
Badger: "I don't have that much in stock. I need to know if I can get them to you before you leave."
Alexander rolled up 4dF: - + + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 5)
Zinda Tegram: "I see. Well, put it at couple days."
Zinda Tegram: "Tops."
Michael rolled up 4dF: 0 + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 5) (SCIENCE!)
The scanner appears to be very similar to the neutrino communicator…because it is. It uses short-range neutrino bursts to ping inside a body, allowing for assessment thereof - perfect for detecting (or, with quite a bit more power, inflicting) internal bleeding, for example.
Alexander: "Neat."
Badger: "Hmm. Sorry, I can only get you three - wait, if I pull that early…okay, yeah, four in a couple days. Will that do?"
Zinda Tegram: "For now. You only get part of the information though."
Zinda Tegram: "It's pre-regression Lago-Tech."
Zinda Tegram: "Built to coordinate the digging of early tunnels for habitation."
Thanes: "We do try to be inclusive. For these lagos to exclude humans and kilrathi…well. It's the principle of the thing, that disturbs me."
Badger: "…you have just broken my mind, and I look forward to arranging delivery of the other two so I can hear the rest."
Zinda Tegram: "Oh, and if you ask me, Level four's a lot more dangerous than the shaft."
Badger: "Level four?"
Zinda Tegram: "Deep tunnels."
Zinda Tegram: "There's a gladiator arena."
Badger: "Ah. Yeah, I'd heard it was…not good living conditions. I understand why they wish to flee."
Zinda Tegram: "It's not too well contained."
Badger blinks.
Zinda Tegram: "I fought there actually. They used tanks."
Zinda Tegram frowns.
Zinda Tegram: "You do business with Kali, right?"
Zinda Tegram: "Call it a hunch."
Tate: ":So, I assume you'll be wanting the entire carrier's compliment outfitted? How many cloakbusters will you be purchasing?:"
Zinda Tegram: "Check your place for bugs."
Zinda Tegram: "Cya."
Abraham: "From what I understand it's not just a membership card, there's a medical operation required to be an integrated. We don't expect Lago or Kilrathi to use cybernetics designed for humans, so there's probably similar futzing that has to be done before it's safe to try to make non-Lago integrated."
Badger giggles and waves good-bye, concealing his wares once more.
Zinda Tegram stops.
Thanes: "Cybernetics? Really, now?"
Michael: "It would probably help, if they're not too heavy. What are we talking, pricewise?"
Zinda Tegram thinks. A giggle?
Zinda Tegram: "Did you just giggle?"
Badger: "Who do you think she got them from, before she learned how to make her own?"
Zinda Tegram: "Figures."
Zinda Tegram: "Until next time Badger."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, that went well.
Tate: ":Hmm…I can't justify use-data pricing, because this is so old. Call it…hmm, a quarter mil each?:"
Abraham: "As I said, that is what I am given to understand."
[OOC] WC GM: Where are Zinda and Ingenue headed now?
Ingenue , once away from Badger, glances up at Zinda. "This unit is not a secret anymore, am I?"
Thanes: "I suppose that would explain it, though I did not know they had any facility for that sort of thing. I shall have to see if cybernetics is a subculture of theirs." He smiles. "Who knows, it could be a trend!"
Michael: "A quarter mil- a quarter mil- each?"
[OOC] Michael: Sorry about delay in response. Was pulling up Wing Commander Privateer manual for price reference. =p
Tate: "Well yes. I mean, we're talking a significant retrofit of the sensors. Even if it is old tech, the cloak is still effective."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I sort of want to let Ingenue decide.
Michael: "Yeah, but we're talking almost the price of a new ship!"
Abraham: "Well, if that is all, I will go and see what troubles my crew is causing. Thank you for your time, sir."
Zinda Tegram: "The fact that you're a unit and not a person is."
Zinda Tegram: "But you're my daughter! It'd be wrong to keep you a secret."
Michael: "A hundred thousand per unit, tops."
[OOC] Ingenue: You crazy person. Let the data hungry AI choose?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep! : D
[OOC] Ingenue: You're as likely as not going to get stuck in a library.
Ingenue: "What is a person?"
Thanes: "Oh, please do be back for lunch, won't you?"
[OOC] Abraham: A useless little pile of secrets!
Abraham gives a small smile. "I will try, but I'm afraid I can't make any guarantees."
Zinda Tegram: "Ah, hmm, I misspoke."
Zinda Tegram: "You are a person."
Zinda Tegram: "But not human is what I meant."
Ingenue: "A person is not human?"
Zinda Tegram: "In that particular context, by person I meant human."
Zinda Tegram: "But if we're to speak generally, not all persons are human."
Tate sniffs…then smiles. "Ah. Don't have that kind of credit account? Hmm…I suppose I could give you a bit of a discount, since… […you know…] …but I'd need two hundred thousand per, including the labor I'd be hiring to do the installation. And only if you're outfitting at least five."
Zinda Tegram: "You, for instance, are a person in that you have moral weight, make decisions, and have social interactions."
Tate: "Or if it's just parts, I could do one-fifty per, again with a five fighter minimum."
Michael: "We'll only need engineering support for one install, our maintenance crew is very skilled. Twenty units, full service manual, engineering support for the first install, at least five sets of spares of all the high failure components. Two point four million credits total."
Zinda Tegram runs her hand through Metis's hair.
Zinda Tegram: "What did you think of what Badger and I talked about?"
[OOC] Michael: Not sure if Charm, Assets, or Bureaucracy would be the best skill for this negotiation, seeing as how I don't have Brokerage.
[OOC] WC GM: You can try them, but he'll have a +2 to his Brokerage since that is the best skill.
Michael rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 6 Total: 7) (Charm, invoking Navy Brat)
[OOC] Michael: Niiice =D
Ingenue: "Under a superficial examination, there was much that this unit could not analyze. Data referencing indicates a high correlation of the 'Badger' with 'shady', 'disreputable' and 'untrustworthy'. However, Zinda did not seem to consider the information Badger presented as untrustworthy. Previous analysis of Zinda's decisions and actions indicate that her judgement is sound 92% of the time with…
Ingenue: …a confidence of 3%, which indicates that perhaps Badger is not shady and untrustworthy. Further analysis is required. This unit is not certain it can answer the question at this time. "
Zinda Tegram: "Hahahaha. Everything Badger said was untrustworthy."
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Brokerage)
[OOC] Abraham: His name is probably Bruce
Ingenue: "…but this does not correlate with Zinda approaching Badger for information! If the data is inaccurate or imprecise it is not useful!"
Tate: "…hmm…" He appears to ponder it, but Michael can FEEL the credit signs in Tate's head. "…very well. Let me get the paperwork." He pulls out a dataslate, whips up the delivery contract, and presents it to Michael for signing and thumbprint.
Zinda Tegram: "Not quite, I think. If some data is imprecise or inaccurate, it can still serve as evidence to determine further information that is desired."
Michael looks over the contract, then pulls out his personal computer and sets up an encrypted link to Abraham.
Michael: "Cap - Admiral Bounty, are you available?"
Zinda Tegram: "What do you think of me looking to get that bomb?"
Abraham: "Bounty here. What's the situation?"
Ingenue: "But why deliberately seek corrupted data? It consumes unnecessary analytical energy for…. There is high correlation that Zinda intends to disrupt or destroy several of the cores utilized by LaGOS, which matches with previously gathered data on Zinda. …this data is confidential, isn't it. Flagged as such."
Michael: "Sir, I have a line on some sensors that should be able to penetrate the something something cloaking fields. But it'll take a sizable outlay in credits to get them. Do I have your okay?"
Zinda Tegram: "Thanks."
Zinda Tegram: "Does that make you unhappy, Metis?"
Abraham: "Define: Sizable."
Michael: "A hundred and twenty per, twenty units."
Ingenue: "Clarify: unhappy."
Zinda Tegram: "Umm, do you dislike it?"
Abraham: "And you really thing they will get the job done?"
Zinda Tegram: "Hold on…"
Zinda Tegram flags down ice cream salesman and buys the two of them some icecream.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: flags down
Michael: "100% sure? No. But going by the scan data we have, the something something we saw earlier had worse cloaks than Kilrathi militech - so unless they have terrible cloaks and good cloaks and just didn't have any good cloakers available, we'll be good with this stuff."
Three ice cream salesmen step up, offering samples for free.
The paparazzi seem to be returning around Zinda and Ingenue.
Zinda Tegram: "Ah! Why thank you."
Zinda Tegram: "Here you go, Metis."
Abraham sighs "Go ahead and make the order."
Ingenue: "Like, as in, to be pleased by? This unit is neither pleased nor displeased by the statement. Ah." Takes a taste. "Analysis… frozen cream, sugar, milk, salt and vanilla. This is… ice cream. It is… tasty?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah, it is."
Zinda Tegram smiles.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Fuck wow I'm awful. xD
Michael: "Yes, sir."
Michael sets up a new encrypted line to the Roland's XO.
Michael: "Sir, got a purchase order, it's been approved by the Admiral…"
Michael feeds the XO the purchase order.
Zinda Tegram glances at the paparazzi.
The XO whistles. "What is…cloakbusters? Really? Huh, well, you'll get a chance to test 'em out before we hop the jump point."
Zinda Tegram: "Can we get some privacy please?"
Ingenue: "It mn. Ah… thmcold… mrror." Nue's eyes close. "Apologies. The sudden drop in temperature jammed this unit's vocal synthesizer. Increased power output to compensate."
The paparazzi flinch, as if Zinda just uttered a word most foul. But a few set up a cordon and a privacy shell, with some branding neither Zinda nor Ingenue quite see before they are In Private - although Ingenue can still feel the neutrino link.
[OOC] Abraham: lol, I read that as "Can we get some piracy please?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Nooooo, don't pirate Nue's software, the patents aren't in yet….
Zinda Tegram: "Hahaha, you're adorable Metis."
[OOC] Abraham: Ain't that the best time to do it?
Abraham mutters to himself, "When we get back to the ship, I have got to have someone teach Michael how to haggle."
Abraham: "Sir something has come to my attention and I must return to my ship. I will see you tomorrow for lunch, the situation permitting."
Ingenue lick lick lick. "I am?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah."
[OOC] Ingenue: Is Zinda awful because "Hey kid, I'm going to blow up your mother. Oh look, ice cream!"
Thanes: "Ah? Very well, we'll hold another screening then."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: A bit.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: She's trying to get Metis to talk though.
Zinda Tegram: "Does it really not bother you at all what I plan to do?"
Abraham: "Then I look forward to lunch tomorrow." Abraham says as he leaves.
Zinda Tegram: "There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it to you?"
Zinda Tegram: "I find it hard that hard to believe."
Ingenue: "It does not, for twofold reasons. The first is that this unit is designed for integration with humanoforms and acquisition of data. The second is that there is less than a zero-point-zero-zero-zero*lick*-zero-zero*lick*-zero-four chance of such an action significantly damaging the LaGOS unit."
Zinda Tegram: "I see. That's a shame."
[OOC] Michael: After all, the Integrated were actually CONSIDERING using a Tremblor as a means of evacuating the planet more expeditiously. =p
Zinda Tegram leans back on the bench and looks at the sky.
Zinda Tegram: "Do you understand why I need to do it?"
Ingenue: "This unit does not. And once the data from this ice cream is fully extracted, this unit will have further questions. However, it is not necessary for this unit to speak while Zinda transmits audible data."
Zinda Tegram: "…I see."
Zinda Tegram: "LaGOS is…it and the integrated would slaughter millions for a completely trivial purpose."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License