Session 3 16

The initial blast of fire tags no one, fortunately. But it would appear that evac through this exit is not presently viable.
[OOC] WC GM: I'll start combat when you're ready, though did you wish any narrative actions pre-combat-time?
[OOC] Ingenue: None needed for me.
Zinda Tegram dives out of her chair and rolls for cover, frantically trying to pull her sidearm to return fire.
[OOC] Abraham: I got nuffin.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: me neither
[OOC] Spyboy: How far away am I?
Zinda Tegram: "$Geoffrey!$"
[OOC] WC GM: Within sight. It'd take a full turn's sprinting to reach the door - and you'd have to do something other than dodge the incoming fire as a defense. Same for the other PCs.
Geoffrey does not respond. The Sterne Lanze is down.
[OOC] Ingenue: Do we have visual on the Neph, or are they still cloaked?
[OOC] Abraham: Have the security forces shown up yet?
[OOC] WC GM: Indirect visual. The fighters can see them just fine; you can't.
[OOC] WC GM: The security forces are still combing the dome for the Nephs. They're not yet present.
[OOC] Abraham: k
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …I should update my stats, actually
[OOC] Abraham: right now?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, I'm hurt pretty bad. Just move me back in the init order.
[OOC] Ingenue: This is the boss battle. What better time?
[OOC] WC GM: Alertness for initiative order, then.
[OOC] Ingenue: Rolled or set?
[OOC] WC GM: Rolled.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 5 Total: 5) ((Alertness for initiative.))
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Alertness for Initiative)
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 + + (Base: 4 Total: 7) (Alertness/Init)
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Alertness for Initiative)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I take a compel on my consequence?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Early in the session is a good time to be compelled.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah, but I'd hold until your turn…
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 0 (Base: 4 Total: 5) (alertness)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Alertness for Nephs)
[OOC] WC GM: …as expected.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: They're not too bright are they?
[OOC] WC GM: Init order: Abraham, Ingenue/Zinda, Spyboy/Heggy, Alexander, Nephs
[OOC] WC GM: They're going up against the PCs. Logical conclusion? :P
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
[OOC] Ingenue: Alertness three is pretty good. Chessa just seems to hate them a smidge more than us.
Abraham scans the skies, trying to find patterns in the Neph's flight paths. ((Science Maneuver to add 'Oh So Predictable' on the Neph.))
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Science Maneuver)
[OOC] Spyboy: I thought they were on the ground…?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Alright Zinda's updated.
The Nephilim fighters seem to be confident in their cloaking. "Standing Dead Still" is, indeed, a pattern.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue & Zinda!
[OOC] WC GM: There are Neph fighters in the air outside and then there are the Neph infiltrators/infantry on the ground.
Ingenue: "No visual contact. Shifting to active sensors." ((Alertness via sensors to gather info on Neph placement and, oh yeah, place "Cloaks? What cloaks?" ))
[OOC] WC GM: BTW! Note that those are two separate targets, so make sure to declare which Nephs you're targeting.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: What sort of room are we in again?
[OOC] WC GM: Though they share their initiative.
[OOC] Ingenue: Targeting the ones that fired at us, which I think are the ones on the ground.
[OOC] WC GM: No, the ones in the air fired at you.
[OOC] Ingenue: Targeting them, then.
[OOC] WC GM: The ones on the ground have - so far - only fired at the Sterne Lanze.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Grrr!
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
[OOC] Ingenue: …there's a difference between firing at us and firing at Zinda's stunts?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No!
[OOC] WC GM: Technically.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + - + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Alertness maneuver on airborne Neph)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: *pout*
The near side of the outer wall of the dome is loosely filled with machinery. All of the party - even Ingenue - has at least seen schematics for cloaking devices once, though most have only cursory familiarity with the technology. This is like those diagrams repeated over and over and over again, but in real life. The near side is not even covered; an easy guess is that this is for ease of maintenance.
Zinda Tegram manages to roll up behind a pillar. Grimacing at the aches in her legs and neck, she peeks around returns fire.
Doors to the outside are infrequent; there is not another for several kilometers in any direction. There is a clear area - roughly a narrow street - between the outermost building and the wall. Here, as it happens, there is an incomplete, skeletal building on the far side of the street, like someone's half-done construction process. Fortunately, it provides easy cover for the party. Unfortunately, it provides easy cover for the Nephilim infiltrators.
Another street leads straight in from the door, making the door at an intersection. On the other corner is a staging area with metal crates of various sizes, some open, the rest not apparently locked.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 - + (Base: 5 Total: 4) (Gunnery For energy weapons, placing 'Suppressing fire' at their estimated location.)
[OOC] WC GM: Their = infiltrators'?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yes.
Abraham: "Who gave Zinda a gun?!"
Zinda Tegram: "I always have a gun!"
Alexander Morello facepalms
Zinda Tegram: "What so I'm supposed to sit in that chair and get shot!?"
Ingenue lets out a sonar pulse that confirms the locations of the Nephilim fighters, unknowingly duplicating Abraham's work - although from a different angle, possibly of distinct use.
Abraham ignores Zinda's question "Ingenue, you may want to see to that."
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Stealth on infiltrators)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ingenue, tag?
Zinda can not be certain that her fire is anywhere near the indoor Nephilim.
[OOC] WC GM: Wrong target.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh that's for my roll.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy is being dragged down the street at top speed by an awakened Heggy.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Agility to sprint to regroup with the team.)
[OOC] Spyboy: Invoking "We've Gotten Out of Worse Scrapes Than This" for a +2.
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue is passing along the gathered information, but I think only Michael and Zinda get it, and even then Zinda's only getting… coordinate data or whatever could be easily passed to the receiver.
Spyboy and Heggy quickly arrive at the scene! …in the street.
[OOC] WC GM: Alexander!
Alexander Morello looks around for cover.
Alexander Morello: "Damn it, I thought we were done with the Nephilim for today…"
Zinda Tegram: "Should of finished them off when we had the chance."
Alexander Morello glares at Zinda
There is cover aplenty, between the unfinished building and the crates.
Zinda Tegram: "You gonna glare at me here or fight, doc?"
Alexander Morello takes cover near Zinda.
Zinda Tegram: "Good choice."
Alexander Morello: "There's no rule saying I can't do both."
Zinda Tegram: "Hah. Yeah go ahead and do that."
Zinda Tegram: "Listen, what happens if I run on these?"
Zinda Tegram gestures to my legs.
Alexander Morello: "I would tell you that your legs would re-shatter into more pieces than before, leaving you a hobbling pile of gelatin, but you probably wouldn't listen to me anyway."
Zinda Tegram stares at her Ship.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I'm going to just get my old keyboard…
Zinda Tegram: "Do you think I could make it to the Sterne Lanze?"
Alexander Morello: "I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure you'll try it anyway…"
Zinda Tegram: "I've got something in there that'd be helpful right now is all."
Abraham: "Zinda, is it appropriately 'Knightly' to crawl to your ship?"
Alexander Morello: "What do you need?"
Zinda Tegram: "There's a case. Portable armory."
[OOC] Ingenue: How far away is the Stern Lanze, in zones? It is outside the dome?
Zinda Tegram: "I need the laser cannon from it. Also…well, just get it for me, OK?"
Alexander Morello looks at the space between here and the Stern Lanze. What are the chances that he could make it?
Zinda Tegram: "Also…make sure Geoffrey's OK."
[OOC] WC GM: Call it 2 zones to get to the door, 1 zone with thresholds for the door itself, and 5 zones beyond that to the SL.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ouch.
[OOC] Ingenue: …that's a long haul.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, is each success on the agility roll 1 zone?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes except for thresholds.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …I could make it then, if I tagged.
[OOC] WC GM: Getting to the door? Flat-out sprint. Running through the fields outside? Same. Getting through the door - especially while it's being covered by fire? …a lot more difficult.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: 2 turns.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Ingenue could do it, I bet
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah. Plus I can throw smoke to make it easier.
[OOC] Ingenue: Likely.
Alexander Morello: "Metis, you think you can make it to the Stern Lanze and back?"
Ingenue: "Processing."
Ingenue: "Yes."
Abraham: "You sure? That's a long dash through enemy fire?"
Ingenue: "If I do not go, Zinda or the doctor will try. This frame is replaceable. They are not."
Zinda Tegram: "I…Metis? Be safe."
Zinda Tegram: "I…I can't lose you."
Ingenue smiles. "Thank you. But I will not be lost."
[OOC] Ingenue: It is still Alex's turn, yes?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I've done what I've set out to do
[OOC] WC GM: No mechanical action, then?
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Nope.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Because we can't see the Nephilim, right? They're stealthed.
[OOC] Abraham: Though we do know where they are.
[OOC] WC GM: …ask Abraham and Ingenue about that. But anyway…
[OOC] Ingenue: We're going to build a receiver into that metal arm of yours so you can snoop on the little droid's thoughts.
[OOC] Ingenue: Though you could still do a maneuver of some kind, perhaps on Zinda to keep her steady while she fires. That's one of the great things about FATE.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: actually, hold on.
The Nephilim fighters see new targets running up the street, and open fire!
Alexander Morello sighs.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - + + (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Gunnery + In The Open)
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy, roll defense?
Spyboy saw that one coming, and had already pulled Heggy out of the line of fire!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: You should be able to just eat the stress on this one.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - + 0 - (Base: 5 Total: 4) (Tactics (using Near-Prescience to sub in for Agility))
[OOC] Spyboy: Is that attack gonna have a Harm level? Cuz I'm thinking about taking the stress.
[OOC] WC GM: Problem is, fighter-grade weapons.
[OOC] Ingenue: That sounds like a yes.
[OOC] WC GM: Oh my yes it has a Harm level.
[OOC] Spyboy: Ah, so it's gonna be a huge Harm level, then. Easy remedy!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I…see. :[OOC] WC GM: It's not kill, but it is Consequence.
[OOC] Spyboy: Invoking "Already Sized Up The Tactical Situation."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I use the cannon's harm level if/when I get it?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure!
[OOC] Spyboy: Well, Spyboy's only got three health stressboxes, so consequence was just about a given =D
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Good. : 3
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I guess this is the fight where we introduce weapon mechanics? xD
[OOC] Spyboy: Could be. I think most of us had our weapon mechanics dropped.
[OOC] Ingenue: …..weapons?
[OOC] Spyboy: And by that I mean Abe and I decided to not have statted-out weapons. =D
The bottoms of Heggy's feet are perhaps 2-3 centimeters away from the blast when it hits. The soles of her shoes slightly melt from the heat; half a second later, and her lower body - not to mention Spyboy's - would have had problems. Assuming they still existed.
[OOC] Abraham: I assumed that's how we were handling it. Should I try to look up some stats quick?
[OOC] WC GM: Don't bother for this fight. Basically, you've got small arms vs. fighters unless and until you get fighter-grade weapons - like Zinda's cannon.
[OOC] WC GM: They, meanwhile, have fighter-grade weapons vs. you, reflected by Harm levels.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, alright.
[OOC] Spyboy: Man, and here I thought Zinda'd never scored a replacement after she holed the navy yard with her last cannon….
[OOC] Ingenue: Probably some penetration as well….
[OOC] WC GM: Enough offscreen time has passed that she probably has.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I did! When I visited badger.
[OOC] WC GM: That too.
The infiltrators, meanwhile…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 + + (Base: 6 Total: 7) (Agility + Sneak Attack)
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda, roll defense vs. backstab
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - - (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Alertness)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging abraham's private army to reroll.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Alertness)
[OOC] WC GM: 3 Health stress
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 4 Total: 1) (Alertness defense)
[OOC] Abraham: Tagging 'Oh So Predictable' to reroll
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: - - 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Alertness)
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Alertness defense: Reroll)
A large knife wound appears in Zinda's back. Fortunately it missed her heart or anything vital…but now some of her blood is floating in mid-air for a bit.
Zinda Tegram coughs and hacks.
[OOC] WC GM: …err. Zinda's defense. What are you rolling for?
Zinda Tegram: "H-hehehe…"
Alexander Morello: "Damn it! I JUST PUT HER BACK TOGETHER!"
Zinda Tegram: "At least now when I go back I won't get called weak…"
Zinda Tegram touches her hand to to hole in her side.
Zinda Tegram: "Could be we worse…"
Abraham: "Just suicidal."
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue isn't likely to go for the Stern Lanze now….
Zinda Tegram: "Metis!"
Ingenue: "…"
Zinda Tegram: "Don't worry about me! These fuckers just made a big mistake!"
Ingenue: "……"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda shouldn't try and act tough.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Can we attack where the knife attack came from?
[OOC] Ingenue: What? A knife wound in your side and a pair of broken legs is the /best/ time to act tough!
Zinda Tegram shivers as she pulls an EMP grenade off of her belt.
[OOC] Ingenue: ….that could tingle. Maybe I should leave.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham's turn, then.
[OOC] WC GM: And yes, that blood on the knife is not - yet - being cloaked.
Abraham turns, aims, and fires at the cloaked Neph that attacked Zinda so she can't attack him.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hahahaha.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - + - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Energy Weapons to save Zinda from attempting suicide.)
[OOC] Abraham: Well, so long as I don't hit Zinda or something, I'll let it stand.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Umm. Something to tag'd be…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, useful.
[OOC] Ingenue: He can tag 'I am needed here'… cause he is.
[OOC] Ingenue: Well, invoke.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Alertness to notice they have been noticed)
[OOC] WC GM: Sure you don't want to tag?
[OOC] Abraham: I'll invoke 'I am needed here.'
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Man, what is WITH chessa's rolls lately.
[OOC] Ingenue: Shhh, pretend you don't notice, otherwise Chessa might get angry.
[OOC] Abraham: What's always with Chessa. This is pretty standard.
[OOC] Abraham: Remind you to tell you about this one Returners fight she screwed up. I was the combat wombat and didn't hit once in over ten attacks.
[OOC] Abraham: Good times.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So uh, 'what'chu doin Abraham?
[OOC] WC GM: Alright, Spin for them.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue + Zinda!
[OOC] Spyboy: He invoked so they only beat by 1, yes?
[OOC] Abraham: I did invoke.
[OOC] WC GM: Ah, I thought he was invoking for reroll.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright, no Spin.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue + Zinda!
[OOC] Spyboy: Not worth it, he's more likely to make it worse than invoking for +2.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah. Sorry, I should have specified.
Zinda Tegram grabs at the wrist holding that bloody knife and, with her zero-G adapted upper body strength, tries to pull said Neph into an EMP grenade she's proceeds to hold against the Nephilim's chest-plate.
Ingenue turns away from Zinda, nodding. Zinda is Zinda. Zinda will be fine. Zinda will be here when I return. A careful analysis of the route shows the most likely points of risk. A rapid self-diagnostic: this is well within the frame's capabilities. Damage analysis from the Nephilim weapons….. that data is not currently useful. Ignored. The course is selected; Metis drops into a crouch and moves…
Ingenue …at a rapid pace.
[OOC] Ingenue: Zone movement, as you've probably guessed.
[OOC] Ingenue: Though moving from cover to cover, since… yeah, those weapons will put a dent in Nue's chassis.
[OOC] Ingenue: I can see stealth for it, but agility is probably a better answer.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + - + (Base: 7 Total: 7) (Gunnery for energy weapons, tagging 'we've been spotted', which is an aspect the neph should totally have.)
Zinda Tegram grins a massive grin as she holds the grenade against said Nephilim.
[OOC] WC GM: Agility for Ingenue. There isn't cover other than the wall itself, once you're in the wide open street.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - - 0 - (Base: 2 Total: -1) (Agility for zone movement.)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: ….
[OOC] Ingenue: …oh hi chessa.
[OOC] WC GM: Tagging for reroll, I'm assuming?
[OOC] Ingenue: Invoke 'humanoid/not human' for reroll.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + - - + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Agility for zone movement. again.)
Ingenue makes it to just short of the doorway, not actually in the door (zone).
[OOC] Ingenue: Tagging the 'cloaks? what cloaks' since nue can see their firing lines for a total of 4?
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Stamina)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I tag again for more stress damage?
Tracing the firing lines lets Ingenue optimize paths, getting inside the door proper.
[OOC] WC GM: You can only tag any given aspect once per action.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I know. I've not tagged on scope self yet.
[OOC] WC GM: Name the other aspects you're tagging, then.
[OOC] Ingenue: Hundred Eyed Demon?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: 'Abraham Bounty's private army' should work here.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Since I didn't use it for this attack.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Makes 9.
[OOC] WC GM: …I really should compel that eventually.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yes, you should.
The infiltrators are Crackling. Looks like the explosion did more damage to the cloaks than the EMP.
[OOC] WC GM: Minor Consequence
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Please finish the one beneath me off
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I'd love to help, but now I'm down my punching arm…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Not necessarily no.
The EMP's range is smaller than expected. Alexander's arm is sluggish for a bit. Ingenue seems to be out of its range entirely…or so it seems to everyone by Spyboy (and thus shortly thereafter, to Heggy and Ingenue), who knows darn well that electronics as sensitive as Ingenue should have been affected at this range.
It is hard to tell while it is still cloaked, but the arm Zinda is holding does not seem to be moving any longer.
Spyboy: "[Neat, the electron surge passed right through Ingenue.]"
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Zinda Tegram takes the knife from the motionless Neph. ((Assuming it doesn't resist))
Spyboy: "W-whoa, honey!"
[OOC] WC GM: It doesn't.
Spyboy is jerked up to his feet and then almost off of them.
[OOC] Abraham: Zinda's got that 'mutiny' look in here eyes again. Make her stop Ingenue!
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Agility to get the rest of the way)
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy: where are you heading? Outside or to the party?
[OOC] WC GM: You're currently - before this action - across the street from either location.
[OOC] Spyboy: To the party.
Spyboy and Heggy easily dash across the street into the unfinished building.
[OOC] WC GM: Alexander!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I wanna use the knife I just got stabbed with but I don't have the numbers. Oh wellll
Alexander Morello taps his arm as it comes back online.
Alexander Morello rummages around in his bag for a moment, and takes out a stimpack.
Alexander Morello: "Since you're clearly not going to listen to me about taking it easy, I might as well do what I can to hold you together while you do what you're going to do."
Zinda Tegram: "Good…to see…you coming around…"
Zinda Tegram swallows what felt like vomit.
Alexander Morello injects Zinda with the stimpack.
Alexander Morello: "Consider this a special circumstance."
[OOC] Ingenue: Medical maneuvers for the win.
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: + 0 + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Profession: Doctor)
[OOC] WC GM: Quite. Placing an Aspect on her?
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Right…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I don't think you can roll medical to heal stress. I do -really need- free tags right now though.
[OOC] WC GM: As to the numbers on the knife: it's a close combat weapon. It's a knife. Has as many numbers as most of the weapons we've used.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Aspect: Held together with duct tape and paperclips
[OOC] Spyboy: You CAN in fact.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: I can use a knife competently
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah, I just dun have the close combat stat. The torch is statted as an energy weapon. I might make my next stunt "Gunnery for close combat" Just on account of this knife.
[OOC] Spyboy: Target number is the highest box filled, and you clear boxes equal to shifts (so if you've taken 3 boxes and he rolls 5, you clear box 1 and 2, and hope that you don't take a 3 stress hit cuz that'll fill 1&2 back up as well as 4.))
Alexander Morello: "I'll take that knife if you aren't using it."
[OOC] Ingenue: And since you have military grade medical, you don't get the 'sitting duck' aspect, which is yay.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Always a great thing not to be a sitting duck!
[OOC] WC GM: Since Zinda has, in fact, taken 3 Health stress, that 7 roll would have healed it all up. Though both doctor and patient wanted aspect, so, aspect it is.
Zinda Tegram coughs and drops the knife by Alexander before scrummaging whatever plasma weapon these neph marines use.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Actually, I'd rather have the stress, I just didn't think the system worked that way.
Feeling along, Zinda thinks she has just about found the weapon - when another infiltrator shoots at it.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, I figured.
Alexander Morello patches up Zinda's back with some medical foam, and picks up the knife.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - 0 0 (Base: 6 Total: 4) (Energy Weapons + Blowing It Up In Her Face)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Alertness)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Does this mean I get my toy?
Alexander Morello spins the knife around in his hand and stabs the body of the Nephilim near Zinda.
Zinda ducks to the side just in time to avoid the weapon blowing up.
Alexander Morello: "Hmm… this should do nicely."
Alexander hears a hiss, and the knife comes out corroded.
Zinda Tegram: "Tch!"
Meanwhile, the fighters have a designated target: someone's trying to make a break through the door!
[OOC] Alexander Morello: They don't make them strong enough to resist their OWN acid?
[OOC] Ingenue: Okay, important note, get a ceramic knife.
[OOC] Spyboy: Lord no, the whole point is to destroy the equipment =D
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Yeah…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 6 Total: 5) (Gunnery + In Our Sights)
Alexander Morello: "Well, it was nice while it lasted…"
[OOC] Ingenue: Presumably they don't stab themselves with /those/ knives. They have… ceramic neph bat'leths for ceremonial duels… or something…
Alexander Morello throws away the now useless knife.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: So they have to carry two different knives? How efficient…
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue, defense?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I actually think these ground troops aren't real neph.
[OOC] Ingenue: Alertness valid?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: They're probably just clones or something engineered to fight while actual neph…Y'know.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 5) ((Alertness defense))
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Makes sense.
[OOC] Abraham: Defender wins ties, right?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep.
The Nephilim shots don't fill the entire doorway - barely. There's enough room to dodge…for Ingenue. No one else could have pulled this off, on account of simply being too big.
[OOC] Ingenue: Yay for being tiny!
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Abraham sighs dramatically. "You know, it is a very damning intitement on your enemies when you get so bored fighting them you have to play some video game to stay awake." He then returns to controlling the fighters by remote control to give Nu some suppressing fire ((I can see Science, Pilot or Gunnery to create the aspect 'suppressing fire'))
[OOC] Abraham: If you don't veto, i'm gonna go with SCIENCE!
[OOC] WC GM: Any of them, and don't forget your free tag from previously placed aspect.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 5 Total: 1) (Science Maneuver to create 'Suppressing Fire')
[OOC] WC GM: Hello Chessa
[OOC] Abraham: …
[OOC] WC GM: Using that free tag for a reroll?
[OOC] WC GM: Since you didn't add it in.
[OOC] Abraham: I'm going to say that again, because it's important, … Yes I am going to use up that freetag
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + + + (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Science Maneuver to create 'Suppressing Fire': Reroll because WTF Chessa?!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 1 Total: 1) (Pilot - Caught By Surprise)
Abraham "suppresses" one of the fighters into an expanding cloud of flaming vapor. The remaining 3 promptly break formation.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue + Zinda!
Abraham: "I hope that's enough of an opening for her."
[OOC] Ingenue: Is there a polite yet rapid way of getting the door open, or will Nue have to get creative?
Zinda Tegram flips the Nephilim body over and pulls it between her and the source of the fire that took out the nephilim rifle, using it as transparent cover.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Resolve to place "Cloaked cover" on self)
[OOC] WC GM: The door is open.
[OOC] Abraham: The door's code is: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
[OOC] WC GM: If it was not, the Nephilim shots would by now have made it so, permanently.
Zinda can hear the acid working on the corpse - but the armor is sufficient cover.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That was the idea.
Ingenue slips through the door, juking left to place some cover between the frame and the incoming fire before starting the long sprint towards the Stern Lanze (which is on the ground, right?).
[OOC] WC GM: Right. Agility check, please.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah. Keep in mind the Sterne Lanze doesn't have a canopy, the cockpit is completely enclosed. : P
[OOC] WC GM: Unless you want to justify Stamina or something?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Geoffrey is probably fine. Weird that small arms took out it out in one salvo, though.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 2 Total: 0) ((agility for the sprinting; holding stamina in reserve in case it is needed to not die.))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tag mebbe?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Abraham did have that suppressing fire freetag
[OOC] Ingenue: You know what? I'll invoke 'stainless steel mouse' and something equivalent to open ground/clear terrain/whatever since it is s straight shot.
[OOC] Spyboy: Well, could have been small arms could have been fighters.
[OOC] Abraham: It could have been fighters with small arms.
[OOC] Ingenue: I'm drinking those FP like water, but its in a good cause!
[OOC] WC GM: Tagging for reroll or +2?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yes! : 3
[OOC] Ingenue: +2 in both cases.
[OOC] WC GM: Also - the Lanze was taken out by a cannon not unlike the one Zinda sent Ingenue to fetch.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I see. >_>
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: If Geoffrey is too badly damaged, this means war.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Also if the Lanze is too badly damaged.
[OOC] Ingenue: Wait… this isn't war? What's war?
Ingenue is not quite all the way to the Sterne Lanze, but covers a fair part of the distance.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: This seems like war…
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy: "Hey the-DON'T SHOOT!"
Spyboy has his gun in low-ready and is making his way in to where the group is.
Spyboy: "They won't be coming behind us, too obvious. Expect the next rush over there!"
[OOC] WC GM: You're in the same zone. No movement action necessary.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - 0 - + (Base: 5 Total: 4) (Tactics to place 'Muahaha, They'll Never See This Com- Oh No They Did!')
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Tactics to resist)
[OOC] WC GM: Placed! Alexander!
Alexander Morello: "What's the situation over there, Spyboy?"
Spyboy: "You tell me, we only just got here!"
Zinda Tegram: "They're cloaked. The EMP made them spark a little bit, though, and I'm wearing one as cover. Just walk for the electrical arcs."
Alexander Morello: "I can't see anything, just laser bolts coming from empty space. I was hoping that you could light them up."
Spyboy: "You can't?"
Alexander Morello: "They're cloaked."
Spyboy peeks up for a moment, then drops back down before lasers hit his position. "
Spyboy: "I suppose they are a bit fuzzier now with Ingenue moving away. Huh."
Zinda Tegram: "She will definitely return with that cannon. She's not just my daughter, y'know!"
Alexander Morello: "Do you have anymore of those EMP grenades?"
Zinda Tegram rolls one to Alexander.
Spyboy: "You don't have to tell me that. I can hear her thoughts."
Alexander Morello: "Spyboy, any large collections of Nephilim to aim for?"
Spyboy: "Well, their next push will be over that barricade over there, but right now…"
Spyboy leans up and pops off a few shots
Spyboy: "Try there!"
Alexander Morello aims and throws the grenade.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Would that be agility?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
[OOC] Abraham: Either that or Stamina, most likely.
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Agility)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Alertness)
[OOC] WC GM: Tagging anything?
[OOC] Spyboy: Heck, I believe Diaspora has them filed under close combat weapons. At least for design purposes.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Mechanical Precision
[OOC] Alexander Morello: What else….
Abraham: "Alexander, I'm drafting you for the ship's softball team."
Alexander Morello: "I think that MIGHT be considered unfair."
Alexander Morello taps his mechanical arm.
Abraham: "Unfair? How so? You think it might be too much to ask Metis to join?"
[OOC] WC GM: Anything else? I've Blinded You With SCIENCE! might apply, if only for the literalness.
[OOC] Spyboy: All's fair in love and softball.
[OOC] Abraham: Sofball. Softball never changes.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Yeah, also I've Blinded You With SCIENCE!
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Although that's still not enough.
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, it is.
[OOC] WC GM: 6 to 5
[OOC] WC GM: Or rather, 2+2+2 to 5
[OOC] Abraham: Each tag +2
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Right! I forgot.
Arcs of electricity briefly flicker along the Nephilim as they back away from the explosion, giving away their position and shape for a moment. Including that one with the cannon that shot down the Sterne Lanze. That cannon that, even though only seen in outline, looks exactly like the one Zinda used back at the spaceport in Mu Cephei.
Alexander Morello: "I think the other teams might object, yes."
Indeed, as the arc sparkles along the engraved serial number…it is impossible to tell at this distance, but it might be the same number.
Abraham: "Huh. Weird."
Said cannon swivels in Alexander's direction as the electricity fades.
Alexander Morello drops back behind cover.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Energy Weapons)
[OOC] WC GM: Roll defense?
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Agility)
[OOC] Ingenue: Pain.
[OOC] Abraham: Everyone or just Alex?
Zinda Tegram mutters between gasps of air.
[OOC] WC GM: Just Alexander.
[OOC] Spyboy: It's a cannon, it'll have a Harm value.
Zinda Tegram: "looks…like…I made an impression…"
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
[OOC] Spyboy: So tag something!
[OOC] WC GM: Or take the Consequence.
[OOC] WC GM: This won't be a kill.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Tag Icy Under Pressure?
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Hm… tag or consequence…
[OOC] WC GM: Keep in mind, you only have so many fate points
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Yeah, I'll take the consequence.
The cannon blasts right through the girder Alexander hides behind, sending part of the building caving down. The doctor now has Metal Beams Stuck In Him…but the building is collapsing where the Nephilim were.
Meanwhile, the somewhat distracted Nephilim fighters try to prevent Ingenue from reaching the Lanze.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Gunnery)
[OOC] Ingenue: These are fighter-grade weapons, which could do a number even on Nue's skin?
[OOC] Alexander Morello: So, how big and where are these metal beams? Haha
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 5 Total: 3) ((Keeping a firm analysis on the trajectory of the incoming danger and resolving to Not Be There. (Alertness)))
[OOC] Ingenue: …okay, I'll take it.
[OOC] WC GM: Building-grade beams. A bit smaller than IRL I-beams, but that sort of thing.
[OOC] WC GM: Mostly stuck in torso.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Ouch.
[OOC] WC GM: Possibly in arm.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hurts. But, you should be OK.
[OOC] Ingenue: There are consequences to consequences.
[OOC] Ingenue: In this case… I-beams.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Since we're almost done with the fight here.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm pretty sure my gunnery exceeds the pilot on those neph craft.
The fighters are too busy evading fire to hit Ingenue! Though it's close.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Alexander Morello looks down at his punctured torso.
Alexander Morello: "Ouch."
[OOC] Abraham: Metis made it to the ship, right?
[OOC] Ingenue: Not quite, but I'm close. And I still function!
Abraham concentrates on clearing out 'obstacles for Metis's return trip. ((Science to add the aspect 'I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. There are NO obstacles in my way'))
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + - + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Science Maneuver)
[OOC] Abraham: That'll do dicebot. That'll do.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Pilot)
The fighters seem to be lining up a shot…
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue/Zinda!
[OOC] Ingenue: Am I within the one-zone free move range, or would this require another full sprint?
[OOC] WC GM: One-zone.
[OOC] Ingenue: How badly damaged is the Stern Lanze? Superficial glance, not taking a turn to analyze while being fired at…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Waiting to see how Metis does.
Ingenue scans the vessel, locating the cannon in question.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Just grab the whole case.
The Sterne Lanze has a hole through the shell. Looks like it may be more pilot damage than fighter damage - suggesting the Nephilim knew right where to fire. At least it provides easy entry.
[OOC] Ingenue: Could it be flyable? That is, faster than it would take to sprint back.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: If Geoffrey is hurt too bad I will be -pissed-
[OOC] WC GM: Could be, yes, if you know how to fly.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: She's watched Zinda do it. : P
[OOC] Ingenue: ….Nue is the daughter of the Hundred Eyed Demon. It goes without saying that she can fly the Stern Lanze.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Why thank you~
[OOC] WC GM: Getting in and setting up to fly, then? That'll take the turn.
Ingenue: "[….alteration of mission parameters. Stern Lanze is deemed operational.]"
Ingenue slips inside the cockpit. This should be easy…. close analysis of Zinda demonstrates that flying a vessel is well within the frame's capabilities.
Geoffrey has a charred front. The Lanze's armor saved him from a worse fate, but he is quite unconscious at this time. Though, Ingenue will have to fly standing up, without taking time to remove him from the seat.
Ingenue: "[Initiating start-up procedures.]"
[OOC] Ingenue: requiring a roll?
It helps that the Lanze was already active; mostly Ingenue just needs to get into position, get hands on the controls, and so on. Zinda sees the ship begin to twitch under the android's command.
[OOC] WC GM: No need.
Spyboy: "When the going gets tough…."
[OOC] WC GM: Though, without MG Pilot, you'll be at a penalty to fly it.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
[OOC] Ingenue: Yeah. But getting it to the door should be doable.
Zinda Tegram hears the chatter coming through the Neutrino receiver.
Zinda Tegram: "$Cavalry… are coming.$"
[OOC] Ingenue: Note: Given that Nue isn't, y'know, actually /good/ at this, free tags are a beautiful thing….
Spyboy: "I think she's just cutting the trip shorter, Zinda. I don't think she's a good enough pilot to give us close-air support."
Zinda Tegram drags her invisible cover out and uses the fact she can see through the cover to lean out farther than would otherwise be safe.
Spyboy: "Though…it looks like Geoffrey will be okay, as long as we can get him to the doctor in time."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + - - (Base: 7 Total: 5) (Tagging 'cloaked cover' Gunnery, inflicting 'inoperable cannon' aspect on…the cannon carrying neph.)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - + (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Alertness)
Alexander Morello coughs a little bit of blood.
Alexander Morello: "He can get in line."
[OOC] Alexander Morello: coughs
The cannon is shot clean through and will likely not fire again any time soon.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy hunches lower behind his own cover and reaches out with his neutrino comm system rather than his physical body.
Spyboy: "[Wait! If I can put the cloaks in standby mode…and I still know how to get into their networks…]"
[OOC] Spyboy: Communications to place "Cloaks Down" on the Nephilim infiltrators?
[OOC] WC GM: Go for it
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Communications to place "Cloaks Down" on the Nephilim infiltrators)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 0 (Base: 1 Total: 2) (Computer)
The handful of infiltrators fade into view. They do not appear to immediately realize it.
[OOC] WC GM: Alexander!
Spyboy: "Looks like they're learning how to keep me out….but they haven't managed yet! BOO-YAH!"
Alexander Morello: "*cough* Spyboy, could you hand me my bag?"
[OOC] Alexander Morello: So am I pinned to these beams?
Spyboy slides the bag over.
Alexander Morello reaches into the bag and removes a LARGE amount of medi-foam and anesthetic.
[OOC] WC GM: Nah. The ones in you came loose.
Alexander Morello: "So this is what it feels like to be Zinda…"
[OOC] Ingenue: Burn.
Alexander Morello injects himself with the anesthetic and pulls on the beams to test its effect.
Alexander Morello pulls out the beams one by one, filling the gaps with medi-foam. He's quickly surrounded by empty tubes of the stuff.
Alexander Morello rolled up 4dF: + - - - (Base: 5 Total: 3) (Medical)
[OOC] Alexander Morello: *facepalm*
[OOC] Abraham: Iocane… that's the same as Iodine right? Must be the generic brand…
[OOC] Alexander Morello: be careful, it stains.
[OOC] WC GM: Healing yourself? That roll won't work.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Tag stuff?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure. You need to roll over 3 to heal stress, since you have all 3 Health stress boxes filled.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Stand Back, I'm a Doctor enough?
[OOC] WC GM: That'll heal 2 boxes.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: That should be enough. I was really only looking to stabilize, narratively.
The Nephilim with the cannon looks at it, probably curses, then throws it at Zinda.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Agility)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: It's gonna explode.
[OOC] Abraham: Of course it is.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: God dammit I taught them to use Tediore weapons.
[OOC] Abraham: Everyone knows that Neph guns are made out of Tokyo.
[OOC] Ingenue: …could be worse, they could have Hellfires.
Zinda Tegram leans back into cover and hopes that she didn't hit the battery.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + + 0 (Base: 6 Total: 9) (Resolve and tagging held together by blah blah)
[OOC] WC GM: Spin!
Meanwhile, the fighters - apparently uncertain of their target - decide to shoot back at the fighters shooting at them.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Gunnery)
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham, defense?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: BTW I'm assuming that defense roll is ALSO standing against the oncoming explosion
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Piloting for defense.)
The cannon clangs off a girder harmlessly. There is no Salaam-shattering kaboom.
Even the Nephilim fighters' shots do more violence - to thin air.
Which is about when Wayne's voice pipes up over the radio. "'Ey there! See yer in a fight. Think ya c'n lure 'em out inta the street?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Wait…. when'd the kilrathi get here?
[OOC] WC GM: They aren't "here"…but this is their dome. Again: "over the radio".
[OOC] WC GM: The firefight, and bringing down a building, is visible from some distance away.
[OOC] Ingenue: This is /our/ dome. We did the hard work! Zinda, annex it!
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
Abraham radios back. "I think that can be arranged."
Alexander Morello: "Hey Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayne! Hey guys, it's Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne!"
[OOC] Abraham: Just to be sure… 'the street' is behind us, right?
[OOC] WC GM: Imagine a T intersection, with streets to the south, west, and east.
[OOC] WC GM: The door is on the north end.
[OOC] WC GM: You're in a construction zone on the southeast.
Ingenue: "[High energy pulse detected. Comparable to a battleship grade heavy energy weapon. …are people still there?]"
[OOC] WC GM: Logically, Wayne probably means the south street.
Spyboy: "[Are people still where?]"
[OOC] Spyboy: Where are the Neph now?
[OOC] WC GM: With you in the southeast.
Ingenue: "[You still function. That is good.]"
Abraham: "Okay everyone, fall back! We um… got WOUNDED. They're just to MUCH for us. Retreat!" ((God damnit doctor I'm a Jazz performer, not a thespian.))
Abraham leads everyone in an orderly fashion and keps the doctor from looking for random blades of grass to roll into a blunt.
Zinda Tegram blinks. "What?"
[OOC] Spyboy: Am I picking up any Nephilim signals chatter to indicate that they know what we're doing? Including pulling back?
[OOC] WC GM: Crossing street to southwest, then?
Alexander Morello stumbles along.
[OOC] WC GM: You are not.
Abraham: "Oh yeah, we're just getting POUNDED here. Fall back. That means you to Zinda."
Spyboy: "They don't seem to be coming."
Alexander Morello: "Zinda… Zinda shouldn't walk… I should… sit down…"
[OOC] WC GM: Give them time to react - which means first, all the PCs act.
Zinda Tegram: "Oh, sure, ask the chick with a hole in her stomach and two broken legs to move?"
Spyboy: "Unless you want to get stomped on by the security mechs."
Zinda Tegram: "You…ugh…you gonna get out here and drag me!?"
Abraham: "Zinda, I am prepared to carry you in my arms."
Spyboy: "Which at this point I'm not gonna assume."
Alexander Morello: "I have more holes in my stomach than you! HAHAHA!"
[OOC] Ingenue: The doctor has gone bye-bye, Abraham. What have you got left?
[OOC] Abraham: I um… got a Zinda. You can have her. You like her more than me anyway.
Zinda Tegram: "What? N-no! No. Metis will do it."
Zinda Tegram leans back against the pillar, the adrenaline beginning to go down.
Abraham: "Zinda, I know you want to wait for Metis, but if we can lure them into the street Wayne's boys will handle them."
Zinda Tegram: "Then…I'll be the bait. Haven't you noticed, Abraham? They're copying us…"
Abraham: "Eh? What do you mean?"
[OOC] WC GM: One major plot point for today down…
Zinda Tegram: "The cannon that took out Geoffrey is a copy of the one I used at the shipyard…one just threw it at me like they thought it'd explode, ambushing us at a doorway…"
Zinda Tegram: "The less we beat them with now, the less they'll use against us in the future."
Abraham: "Damn, you're right. In that case… should we lay down our arms?"
Ingenue: "[High energy pulse is of Kilrah designation. Transmitting coordinates.]" ((Passing important information to Spyboy, though I suspect he'll know the cannon when he sees the crater. Also, the Neph are the Borg. Fantastic. We're doomed.))
Indeed, looking at the Nephilim now, Abraham notices they seem to be spaced out not dissimilar to Terran Confederation boarding party doctrine…rather than the ground forces doctrine they should be using planetside.
Spyboy: "….Actually it looks more like orbital bombardment to me, and they already have that, they just don't have a ship here."
Zinda Tegram: "Since they're using boarding doctrine, if I sit here and do nothing as you fall back, they'll move forward, and try to…well, kill me because I'm isolated."
Spyboy: "In fact…."
Zinda Tegram: "I will be the bait."
Spyboy: "…..yeah, they're not gonna be able to steal this tactic from the Kilrathi."
Spyboy: "And that means we need them IN THE GODDAMN STREET, not in this building."
Zinda Tegram: "So you agree?"
Spyboy: "Now are you gonna come with us or am I gonna have to tell Metis that you decided that keeping Nephilim from being annihilated was more important than making sure she was tough enough to take them on?"
Abraham: "Sounds like Spyboy has a better plan. Sorry Zinda, no bait playing for you today. Let's get out side. To be more accurate, we'll all play bait."
Spyboy: "Actually."
Spyboy: "[Metis, get away from the door! Cannon aimed RIGHT through it!]"
Spyboy: "I can't believe I didn't figure this out sooner. What's the easiest way to get enemies out of a building? Shell the building. Why can't they shell this building? Cuz they don't have the ability to aim it. So the weapon is aimed at the door. Major tactical flaw, that."
Zinda Tegram: "The cannon won't fire."
Zinda Tegram: "If Metis shells the building, they'll leave?"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's thinking of the wrong cannon.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep.
Spyboy: "Whatever you do, don't stay in the street. Maybe Zinda's right and they managed to disable the Kilrathi citycannon, in which case to chase us down they'll have to leave cover. Maybe she's wrong and they get vaporized."
Spyboy: "But we are not leaving Zinda to die, no matter WHAT she thinks of classification regulations!"
Spyboy: "Heggy, give me a hand here."
Abraham: "All right, let's do it. I'll carry Alexander you let the doctor lean on you."
Zinda Tegram: "Well…Doc, you're gonna hate me for this…"
Ingenue: "[Ack.]"
Zinda Tegram: "No…carrying…"
Spyboy gets on Zinda's left, letting Heggy support Zinda on her right. If Zinda keeps complaining, poke in the pain.
Abraham scoops up Alexander as gently as is feasible.
Alexander Morello groans more out of the pain that seems to be cutting through the space-morphine than from that remark.
Zinda Tegram: "I can…stand…at least."
Zinda Tegram pushes herself up and braces herself against the wall.
Zinda Tegram: "Fine…let's go."
The Nephilim appear to have figured out the strategy, and swarm out into the street to try to stop the party.
[OOC] Abraham: Then I'll pick up the doc.
Abraham: "Heggy, Spyboy, you help Zinda then."
Wayne: "Just let us know when, pardner."
Spyboy: "…wait. Maybe we shouldn't."
[OOC] WC GM: Is Ingenue moving out of the way?
[OOC] Spyboy: Are we still out of the street? Cuz if the Nephilim have moved ahead of us that'd be just peachy.
[OOC] WC GM: Correct.
[OOC] Ingenue: As far as I know, Nue is still doing start-up on the SL. So as soon as movement is possible, yes.
[OOC] WC GM: Movement's been possible for a bit.
[OOC] WC GM: So, moving now?
[OOC] Abraham: Yes.
[OOC] WC GM: I meant Ingenue.
[OOC] Ingenue: Yes.
[OOC] Abraham: Also yes.
The Sterne Lanze quickly clears the line of fire. The Nephilim fighters try to line up a shot on it…
Spyboy: "Hold up! Stay back, they're ahead of us!"
Spyboy: "You may fire at will, Excellency!"
Abraham: "What he said, Wayne."
Wayne: "Rawger!"
Spyboy leans in towards Zinda
Spyboy: "And given the strategic weaknesses of this particular defense, if they happen to copy it so much the better for us."
The street FILLS with bright-bright pink energy, a horizontal column taller than Abraham.
Alexander Morello mutters in a British accent "You may fire when ready."
Spyboy: "….is that a fusion cannon?"
The traces of neutrino chatter Spyboy had picked up from the infiltrators abruptly ceases.
Wayne: "Yup."
Spyboy: "Huh. Obviously not perfect, or it'd be helium plasma, but….wow."
[OOC] Spyboy: Actually I take that back.
[OOC] Spyboy: Thinking about it our helium light is pink. Was hydrogen a pinkish purple, then…?
Of the three remaining Nephilim fighters, two are in line, and one is clipped - spins a bit - and falls into the beam.
The beam lasts a solid half minute before petering out.
Alexander Morello groans.
Alexander Morello: "Can we get a medivac now?"
[OOC] WC GM: This is more BRIGHT. It's hard to do exact colormetrics on a sample this oversaturated.
[OOC] Spyboy: eh, Abraham's still got me beat for SCIENCE!, but not due to lack of effort on my part.
Spyboy: "I don't hear any neutrino chatter, and…hold on…"
Spyboy: "[Nephilim hello…?]"
There is no response.
Spyboy: "I don't hear any responding to the handshake protocol, so I think that's the last of them."
Spyboy: "Nice shot, Wayne, that was one in a million."
With the Nephilim gone, it is an easy matter to park the fighters by the door. The Sterne Lanze is not airtight for the moment; this is not a problem for Ingenue, and Geoffrey can be transferred to another fighter for the trip up.
Alexander Morello laughs, which quickly turns into a groan.
Wayne: "Thank ya. Don't be a stranger, now."
Abraham: "Is this one of those 'it only hurts if you laugh' injuries? Those suck."
[OOC] WC GM: You're taking the fighters up to the Roland, right?
Spyboy: "No, lung wounds suck."
Alexander Morello seems to be coming down from the anesthetic.
[OOC] Spyboy: I believe that was the intention…?
[OOC] Ingenue: Yes, unless there is a pressing and valid reason not to…
Alexander Morello: "No, ugh, this is one of those hurts all the time injuries.
[OOC] WC GM: There is not.
Abraham: "Ah. Those are all right then."
Alexander Morello glares at Abraham.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright. Let me know when you're done w/this scene, and I'll fast forward a bit.
Abraham: "They don't punish you for trying to find the… less painful aspects of life."
Spyboy: "Wayne, so you know, the Nephilim cloaks got shut down, so you might be able to reverse engineer them a bit."
Wayne: "They did? Shoot - NO, WE'RE NOT TAKING A SECOND SHOT, SHUT IT DOWN! Ah, we were goin' for 'total vaporization', not 'leave something to reverse engineer'."
From the lack of so much as scorch marks on the street, it appears Wayne succeeded.
Alexander Morello coughs "Wayne, any chance those xeno-surgeons are still around?"
Spyboy: "Well, we took some out already, so…"
Ingenue: "More lost data…"
Zinda Tegram: "Hold…on…"
Wayne: "Sure! An' actually, they'd been askin' me if they could tag along. You want 'em?"
Wayne: "If so, I'll pack 'em on a shuttle fer ya."
Zinda Tegram staggers off to try and see about that corpse she was using as a shield.
[OOC] Abraham: Metis is Google.
Alexander Morello: "Now would be nice…"
Alexander Morello passes out.
Wayne: "I'll take that as a 'yes'."
The corpse's acid systems engaged, apparently.
Spyboy: "Heggy, can you take care of Zinda? I'll help the Admiral get the Commander to the shuttle…"
Zinda Tegram grabs the armor to bring back.
[OOC] Ingenue: Well. It is currently collecting your personal information….
The armor itself is easily salvaged - as is the thrown-away replica cannon.
[OOC] WC GM: Anything else?
Zinda Tegram: "What about the fighter wreckage?"
Zinda Tegram: "And…Geoffrey!"
Zinda Tegram staggers back to the Sterne Lanze.
[OOC] Abraham: "I'm sorry Zinda, but that fighter wreckage… was Geoffrey. It seem he was a robot in disguise."
[OOC] Alexander Morello: It makes perfect sense!
The Sterne Lanze merely has a hole in it, through which Ingenue can be seen piloting it. Geoffrey is alive - somehow - but unconscious.
Ingenue hops out of the Lanze, helping Zinda long. "Zinda! You are moving. Did not the Doctor warn against that?"
Zinda Tegram: "I'll…be fine…Heh. Told you I'd…be here…"
Zinda Tegram drops the body and cannon and collapses on Nue.
Zinda Tegram: "I brought you…some data…"
Ingenue supports Zinda. "Yes, your stress tolerances are abnormally hig…. oh, the cannon."
Zinda Tegram hugs Metis.
Zinda Tegram: "I'm…glad you're safe…"
Zinda Tegram squeezes.
Ingenue hugs. "Nothing can happen to me. Who would take care of you?"
Evacuation back to the Roland is a simple matter, and soon the crew is on their way back to Armstrong - for supplies, and since that is the only jump point out of the system.
[OOC] Ingenue: Are Zinda and Doctor back in medbay and doing the healing thing?
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
Zinda Tegram waves to her men as she gets back and makes a point of being the one to carry Geoffrey to Medical.
[OOC] Ingenue: Who's carrying Zinda to medical?
[OOC] Alexander Morello: Looks like Zinda
As soon as they jump in, traffic control relays requests to check out Mahavier. Apparently, no traffic has reported back from it for over a week - not even automated message probes sent as a checkup.
Abraham: "That's not a good sign. I suppose we should investigate."
All in all, about three days have passed as the Roland pulls up to the Armstrong-Mahavier jump point, which is giving off unusual readings - for one, flaring visibly and brightly.
Zinda Tegram: "We were asked to check that out, weren't we?"
Zinda Tegram: "What was the time frame again?"
Just then…
???: "-zimitche Station, mayday, mayday! Again, this is Tzimitche Station, mayday, mayday! Any ship that can hear this signal, please respond!"
Tzimitche Station was last known to be in orbit of Tsukegee, Mahavier's lone planet.
[OOC] Alexander Morello: How long has it been at this point?
[OOC] Ingenue: Three days?
Sensor readings indicate it just jumped through - despite having no jump engine, or any engines beyond stationkeeping.
[OOC] WC GM: About three days, yes.
Alexander recognizes the voice…
Spyboy: "Welp, first move is to ensure that it doesn't land on Armstrong carrying a cargo of world-eating spores. Next move is to figure out what's on it."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Mayor asked for 6 days.
Alexander Morello: "That's Nikolai!"
[OOC] Abraham: Is Alexander still on his happy pills?
Zinda Tegram walks reasonably normally onto the bridge. "Can someone get me in touch with Mayor Thanes?"
[OOC] Alexander Morello: It's three days later, I wasn't sure
[OOC] WC GM: It's been 3 days, so probably not that much.
Nikolai: "This is Tzimitche Station, mayday, mayday! Again, this is Tzimitche Station, mayday, mayday! Any ship that can hear this signal, please respond!"
Spyboy: "We gonna respond?"
[OOC] Spyboy: Mayor Thanes. He was back in the last system, yes?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Abraham: "This is the Roland. What is the emergency?"
Nikolai: "Admiral Bounty! Thank heavens you're here. It's Tuskegee, sir. It's…well…"
Nikolai: "It's doing the soviet!"
Alexander Morello: "Nikolai, are you okay?!"
ExecutiveOfficer: "Sir, then jump point is…expanding?"
Indeed, the flares from the jump point are getting a LOT bigger.
Abraham: "Have you evacuated everyone?"
Nikolai: "We tried to evacuate, but, Tuskegee grabbed them!"
Nikolai: "Wait…you're this close…GET AWAY!"
Ingenue: "That is not standard operation for a jump point."
Spyboy: "It's standard operation for a posthuman intelligence."
ExecutiveOfficer: "Orders, sir?"
Abraham: "Set course for Tzimiche station and prepare to render what ever aid we can."
Alexander Morello: "Nikolai… what did you do this time?…."
Nikolai: "No, no, you've got to-"
[OOC] Spyboy: For the record this is a terrible decision, but one that we can live with!"
[OOC] Spyboy: Log end or the station explodes into spores?
The jump point flares more…
Tuskegee arrives at the Roland.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License