Session 3 14

Zinda Tegram exhales. There's a lot of them…
Zinda is in the rising cloaked-until-recently transport, with Ingenue clinging to the hull outside, as the rest of the party watch it rise. What passes for security in this dome is starting to rouse, two mechs being the first responders.
Michael Pearson: "Closest we've come to being able to talk to them and she cuts her way in instead…"
Zinda Tegram lunges into the mob of Nephilim, arm tensed to slice!
If body language is a cue - which is a big "if" - the Nephilim seem a bit intimidated. They attempt to back away from Zinda's lunge!
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it
[OOC] Alex Morello: Is there any rubble strewn about?
[OOC] WC GM: On the roof? A bit: it's just been shot up.
[OOC] Ingenue: If there isn't, there'll be some in a moment…
[OOC] Alex Morello: On the floor.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - + 0 (Base: 6 Total: 5) (Tagging 'the tool with which'…)
[OOC] WC GM: On which floor, specifically? There are multiple floors that could apply.
[OOC] Alex Morello: The one that we're on, I suppose, near the party.
[OOC] WC GM: That is the aforementioned roof.
Michael Pearson: "[You there, Zinda?]"
[OOC] Alex Morello: Oh, I thought we were still inside in some large space.
Michael Pearson: "[So you know, if your objective was to put Metis in danger then you succeeded.]"
[OOC] WC GM: You're above the jump point area.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That's neutrino comm?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Michael Pearson: "[She's now clinging to the outside of a rising spaceship.]"
[OOC] Ingenue: We're still under the dome, so technically, yeah…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - - (Base: 5 Total: 3) (Tagging "Directive: Survive")
[OOC] Alex Morello: So we are on the outside of a structure that is inside the dome?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Ingenue pauses. "[Is this dangerous?]"
The Nephilim try to back away - but not fast enough. Zinda slices into one!
[OOC] WC GM: Init order for dramatic purposes: Zinda, Ingenue, Alex/Abraham/Michael, Nephs. Ingenue!
Michael Pearson: "[Depends on how good you are at not falling.]"
Zinda Tegram twists on the spot, and begins charging the next!
[OOC] Ingenue: How far from the entrance to the transport am I? Close enough to get there in one movement?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm going to need tags to make this strat work folks.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, though you'll need a roll for it.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: What strat? You have a strategy?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I plan to take compels to fail defenses, so uh, stuff for me to tag on lots of different scopes please.
[OOC] Abraham: How large is the neph ship (the relevant one)?
[OOC] WC GM: Large house sized.
Ingenue skitters across the transport's outer shell, heading towards the 'open' area.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + 0 - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) ((Agility, I presume))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I will be using FP's to re-tag aspects once the free tag is used too.
[OOC] WC GM: It's smaller than a stereotypical mansion, but larger than a typical 3-4 bedroom house.
Michael Pearson tries to look over the hull of the dropship, giving Metis a clear route to the hole Zinda cut
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, Agility works. If I don't call out a specific attribute, I'm inviting you to use whatever you can justify, in case you feel like stunting something. ;)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Awareness if that's okay, no game effect if I'm too out of order =p
[OOC] WC GM: You're after Ingenue
Abraham takes careful aim at what is probably a stabilizer and fires ((Energy Weapons Maneuver to add 'rock the boat'))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The plan is just…balls to the walls offense, hehe.
It's close, but Ingenue manages to flip in through the airlock, coming up prone behind Zinda.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Maneuver to add Rock the Boat)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Pilot to resist)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tag pls
Abraham tags Math Geek
[OOC] Michael Pearson: For the record, I'd say balls to the walls offense is a terrible plan, under the circumstances. Unfortunately I can't think of another, unless you can find a parachute.
An ordinary shot would have barely missed - but Abraham has learned how to weaponize math. That sniper class back in the academy, so long ago, did not go to waste.
[OOC] WC GM: Michael & Alex!
[OOC] Abraham: Because nothing in the verse can stop me
[OOC] Ingenue: And if we were in the verse…
Alex Morello cowers behind a pile of rubble.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: It's not a great plan, but it -is- the best plan. Also, it is super stylish and I want Zinda to take a consequence here.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: I can understand that =p
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Said consequence can have the benefit of catalyzing her impending stim addiction!
Michael Pearson raises his pistol at the dropship, but isn't gonna try to bring it down with two crewmembers on board - even if one of them got them both in that situation in the first place.
[OOC] Alex Morello: Although Ingenue would probably survive that…
[OOC] Abraham: Survive probably, but can we repair her without taking her back to LAGOS?
Michael Pearson whirls around behind cover, closes his eyes, and starts 'feeling' for the Nephilim communications frequencies. They may have been on silent running mode, but hopefully they've started talking now….
[OOC] Ingenue: Shhh… sore wa himitsu desu.
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: - + - + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Communications to add 'Nephilim Handshake Protocol')
[OOC] WC GM: That was vs. difficulty 0, so you know.
Why yes, they most definitely have left silent mode now. Almost as if something or someone spooked them and they're getting their act together.
[OOC] Alex Morello: I wonder what that could be…
[OOC] Ingenue: Mice. Nephs are terrified of mice, and one just ran over their shoe.
[OOC] Alex Morello: Ah, that makes a lot more sense than them reacting to some sort of attacking Space Knight.
[OOC] WC GM: To be clear: Alex is taking no action this turn?
[OOC] Alex Morello: Nope.
[OOC] Alex Morello: I'm also attempting to perform some magical "character development".
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: : 3
The Nephilim mob finally bring their weapons to bear and FIRE!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: S-scary! Heehee!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + + + (Base: 5 Total: 8) (Energy Weapons + Lots Of Guns)
[OOC] Alex Morello: Ow.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Bit more than I can absorb this time. Roll defense for now I guess.
[OOC] Abraham: Become one with the Matrix, Zinda.
[OOC] Ingenue: Okay Chessa, remember our deal.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: ….yeah, Severe consequence would still be enough for a TKO, undefended against =p
[OOC] Alex Morello: And thus ends the tale of Zinda Tegram, Space Knight extraodinair.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Resolve to run headlong into a mass of plasma fire. Tagging 'rock the boat')
[OOC] WC GM: 2 damage.
Zinda Tegram staggers for a split moment in her run as Abraham's shot rocks the boat, and stepping sideways with the gravity to avoid just the worst of the fire! Still, that burn on her shoulder looks pretty nasty…
[OOC] WC GM: And Zinda's turn again.
[OOC] Alex Morello: How quickly is the shuttle moving away?
[OOC] Abraham: Feh. I've done more damage than that with just a dagger. And I didn't even have a strength bonus at the time.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Takin the Major or just stress?
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - - + (Base: 8 Total: 8) (tagging 'Abraham Bounty's private army' and 'Rock the boat', yes spending the extra FP)
[OOC] WC GM: Call it a zone a turn, so now it's 3 zones away.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: gunnery for energy weapons
Zinda Tegram: "You think you're gonna slow me down with just that!?"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 + (Base: 7 Total: 9) (Stamina + Armored)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Damn. They're sure rolling fancy.
Zinda Tegram launches herself forward using the stabilizer's over-correction to close the distance!
Having run out of room to run away in, the mob at least manages to put a lot of armor in Zinda's way - she can't even get a clean hit.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Please give me free tags oh god
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Also, that mob sure is spending FP fast.
[OOC] Ingenue: Or tags. They could have dozens of tags set up.
[OOC] WC GM: ^
[OOC] Abraham: Wouldn't WC tell us if they were using tags?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I guessed he would, but he doesn't have to.
[OOC] WC GM: Tags like "Armored".
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue's turn.
[OOC] Ingenue: Zinda has the neucomm receiver and would get Ingenue's observations?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Though I dunno how much she's paying attention to it.
Ingenue slowly takes in the view, relaying appropriate information back to the ground via Michael (and to Zinda). ((Alertness maneuver on the zone 'eyes in the back of her head'… so pay attention to it!))
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 0 (Base: 4 Total: 3) ((Alertness maneuver placing 'eyes in the back of her head' on the zone.))
[OOC] WC GM: So placed. The zone itself does not resist…
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham/Alex/Michael!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tags are Zinda's lifeblood ATM.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: You did this to yourself! You can always offer a Concession, btw.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I know. If it gets too hot, I will. xD
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: But I think we can win it.
Michael Pearson: "….Well, they won't fool me that way again…now to see if this works…"
Michael Pearson tests out the cracked handshake protocol, then feels his way around the network…
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 4) (Communications to find the dropship's engine controls)
Abraham pulls out his communicator. "Abraham to Roland, head to coordinates X231, Y-11, Z1432. Do not fire unless I give the order. I just want them to see how pretty your paint job is."
Roland: "Acknowledged. But who are we showing?"
[OOC] Abraham: Placing maneuver 'Battle Cruiser in my way' on the Neph ship. Not sure what roll, if any, is needed.
[OOC] WC GM: …err. There's a dome in the way first.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: "Our guests the Nephili-DON'T FIRE TEGRAM'S ON THERE"
Abraham: "A Nephilim ship carrying a valued member of our crew. Also Zinda."
[OOC] WC GM: And you're not yet sure if they're trying to get out of the dome.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: H-hey!
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Yes. His was better. =D
Roland: "Cloaked, I take it? We don't show it on scanners."
[OOC] Abraham: No, but I'm certain they will be aware of the Roland, even if there's a dome in the way.
Alex Morello steels himself and peeks out above his cover.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + 0 0 (Base: 1 Total: 3) (Computers - Security What Security)
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, that is a negative tag.
Abraham: "Cloaked, but inside a building at the moment. Still, Battle Cruisers have a way of making their presence known."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can we do negative tags to gain a FP?
[OOC] WC GM: They're called "compels".
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Compels aren't quite the same. xD
Alex Morello runs over to the Kilrathi mechs.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm thinking take -2, compels autofail you. It's the same as taking 0.
It is like they had no concept that any hostile entity could even make a serious attempt to hack in. Michael has full access.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: I still haven't picked up Nephilim C/T so any delicate control is pretty much out, but do I have time this…heh…'exchange' to throw an Aspect on the scene?
The mechs have moved around to the side, apparently setting up for an alley-oop: one has crouched and put its hands together, the other is stepping into the sling thus formed.
[OOC] WC GM: Sure. Count it as a successful Maneuver - but the Aspect is on the Neph craft, not the scene.
[OOC] WC GM: Specifically on the engines or the engine controls.
[OOC] Abraham: k
Alex Morello: "Where's the nearest exit big enough for a shuttle that size?"
[OOC] Alex Morello: To the mechs… assuming they can hear.
Michael Pearson grimaces. The Nephilim's network is like a noisy cacophany full of strangely-pitched tones - but he knows enough about their drive systems to know what frequency the tones of their engine controls are. It's…those. And….that will throw them into shutdown, at least till they turn them back on…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I wish I had that FP I earned for roll-playing this session. xD
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Adding 'Momentary Freefall' to the Nephilim ship.
Alex Morello starts climbing up the not-crouching mech, trying to get the attention of its pilot.
Michael Pearson: "Time to find out whether they have any active security…the passives aren't worth a damn…"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Ohgod that's gonna be hilarious - I really, really, really hope you can hang on, Alex =D
[OOC] Alex Morello: You and me both.
[OOC] Ingenue: Use your kungfu grip.
The hopping mech glances at Alex, then - either not hearing him, or not understanding Terran - gestures towards its shoulders.
Alex Morello climbs aboard.
[OOC] WC GM: Kilrathi security turn, now that they're in the fight!
Alex Morello: "Where is the nearest exit? We should try to cut them off!"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - + - (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Pilot + SHORYUKEN)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is there a corresponding HADOUKEN aspect…?
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Pilot by the Nephilim to dodge)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: WHY DO THEY KEEP ROLLING +2 T_T
The suddenly-ascending mech, with Alexander atop it, would have hit squarely…had the transport not suddenly started falling.
Alex Morello: "Wait.. what are you….?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: JUMP OFF! No, FALL OFF!
Alex Morello: "NONONONONONONONONONONONO!"
[OOC] WC GM: They set up SHORYUKEN last turn, setting up the alley-oop.
Alex Morello rolled up 4dF: + - - - (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Agility to fall onto the transport)
[OOC] Alex Morello: oh….
[OOC] WC GM: …I'll allow a reroll, because that can't happen until your next turn anyway.
[OOC] Alex Morello: oh, right… sorry
Meanwhile, the Nephilim troops once more attempt to beam-spam Zinda.
[OOC] WC GM: NP
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Energy Weapons + Momentary Freefall)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: DAMNIT, why didn't I think to compel ;.;
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, *now* they spend a FP.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I was gonna tag that!
[OOC] WC GM: Go for it!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is it still free for me?
…Zinda recognizes those reflexes. Just like her own!
[OOC] WC GM: Yep. That's the point.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - + - (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Alertness+Momentary free fall.)
The Nephilim think they've got the drop on a ground walker. They are wrong.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's turn!
Zinda Tegram leaps off the ground the moment the ship turns to free fall. Bracing herself against the ceiling, she uses the returning gravity to shoot herself back at the nephilim!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - + (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Energy Weapons)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: This is a very Wuxia boarding op.
[OOC] Abraham: A flock of doves pass by the Nephilim ship.
[OOC] Ingenue: More like an Inception boarding op. Only without the brain-monkeys.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Stamina)
Once more, Zinda fails to cleave through the mass of armor. Though it helps that they are using parts of the ship as cover.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …Guess I should update my skill list…
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Yeah, you should be able to push one of your +4s to a +5…
[OOC] WC GM: Note: the transport is now 2 zones above.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I shunt gunnery to my #5 slot real fast? I'll even provide a justification. : P
[OOC] WC GM: Sure, but the roll stands. You'll have it next turn. :P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Of course. :D
[OOC] Ingenue: About how many Neph are there?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Their offense isn't that scary, but I'm having a hard time getting through to hurt 'em.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So, basically the opposite of what I expected.
[OOC] WC GM: More than 10, less than 100.
[OOC] Ingenue: 'Dozens' a good descriptor then?
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
Ingenue observes the interplay between Zinda and the dozens of Neph still active. The amount of resilience they demonstrate is impressive. Impressive enough to be scanned for possible augmentation of the frame's structure. ((Active scan, using Alertness, placing aspect on the Neph 'You're Being Analyzed' (or something comparable).))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: What active aspects are there ATM?
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + 0 + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 7) ((Alertness Maneuver: You're Being Analyzed on a Neph. Logically the information could be extrapolated to all Neph here, unless I randomly choose a weird Neph.))
[OOC] WC GM: …I was going to say: don't bother rolling.
Yes, these Nephilim are augmented. The structure seems too familiar.
Ingenue: "[!]"
[OOC] WC GM: Michael/Alex/Abraham
[OOC] Abraham: Ingenue has spotted the guards.
[OOC] Ingenue: No, that's "[!!]".
Alex Morello rolled up 4dF: - + 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Agility to fall onto the transport… and not go "splat!")
Alex makes a 3-point landing!
[OOC] WC GM: Sorry. Couldn't resist the pun. :P
Alex Morello sighs
[OOC] Alex Morello: I assume we have radios and I can communicate with the people on the ground?
Alex Morello looks around to see exactly where he's landed on this thing.
Ingenue: "[Analysis indicates that these Nephilim are biological-technological hybrid. The foundation of their body's has a similar construction of my frame. However, the Nephilim frame includes biological organs… locations of which are relaying." ]
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah but I dunno how much mental space Zinda has to think about that sort of thing. She's kinda going even with a bunch of combat 'borgs ATM.
[OOC] WC GM: You're in shouting distance, actually. But yeah, radios too.
Alexander is on the roof of the falling transport.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Just climb in the hole I made! : D
[OOC] WC GM: The hole is on the far side.
Abraham takes aim at another stabilizer. If he is right, taking out this second stabilizer will mean that the Neph ship won't be able to turn left, or to stop turning right. ((Energy Weapons Maneuver to Place 'Spinning' on the Neph craft)).
Alex Morello crawls towards the hole cut in the ship, looking around for any important looking bits that look like they could use some damage
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Energy Weapons Maneuver to Place 'Spinning' on the Neph craft)
[OOC] WC GM: Success, uncontested.
The Nephilim craft does not appear to be dodging any more.
Abraham: "Is it just me, or did it lean into that shot?"
[OOC] WC GM: Michael!
Michael Pearson: "I've killed its engines."
Abraham: "Oh. Well. That does explain it then. Good job."
Michael Pearson lets up enough to allow the dropship to come to a jarring, but not explosive, crash landing.
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: + + + + (Base: 4 Total: 8) (Navigation to add "Knocked Off Your Feet" to the ship)
Michael notices no response from the engines - or the pilot.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: nooooooooo
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Wait.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: That explains why Chessa gave me a good roll.
The temporarily-flying Kilrathi mech tries to mimic Alexander's moves.
[OOC] Abraham: Yeah.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Pilot)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So Alexander falls into the hull as the ship spins?
And succeeds! Alexander gets the impression the mech is just following his lead now.
[OOC] WC GM: Onto, and before the ship starts spinning.
Alex Morello points the mech towards the cockpit of the shuttle, and mimes punching
The Nephilim give up on trying to shoot Zinda and break out a mosh pit!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - + (Base: 7 Total: 7) (Stamina + Horde)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Typing
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Are the engines coming back up, or am I gonna take credit for crashing the ship?
[OOC] WC GM: The latter. Also I strongly recommend Agility-boosted movement actions for Michael and Abraham next turn.
[OOC] WC GM: Very strongly.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: ….niiiiiice
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh! The Nephs can't roll stamina.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: They used it to defend against me this turn already!
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Their turn is back around, that's cleared.
[OOC] Ingenue: Hey! We're in this ship too! If my frame gets scratched I'm telling Heggy on you!
[OOC] WC GM: They can't use it to defend next turn.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh OK.
[OOC] Ingenue: Oh? Noted…
Michael Pearson: "The engines aren't coming back up. The system must have crashed - ohh, shit! Get clear!"
Abraham asks in a mildly reproving voice "What did you do Michael?"
Alex Morello holds on for his life.
Actually, though Michael would not find this out until later reflection, it felt more like the Nephilim pilot just gave up when the engines cut out.
Zinda Tegram notices the ship spinning, and adjusts herself so that the rushing nephilim get pinned against the opposite wall as they rush her.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - + + (Base: 7 Total: 9) (Pilot+Spinning)
[OOC] WC GM: Pilot is only if you're in control, no?
[OOC] WC GM: Agility perhaps.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: She's using her instincts and experience.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: What Michael said, basically. Pilot lets her tell what's going on and what happens with the physics.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: She understands the forces that get applied to ships when they spin because she's a pilot. : P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The adjustment itself is probably fairly subtle.
[OOC] WC GM: Hmm…even so, Pilot is controlling the ship, which isn't waht she's doing.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Alertness, then. She's noticing something and using it. Still, the +2 roll gives me an 8 so I get the defense regardless.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, I'll allow that.
[OOC] WC GM: And possibly a boost from Pilot informing the roll - which is enough of a success to grant Spin.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, f*ck. :D
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's turn!
With the ship spinning, Zinda figures it has lost control. Knowing it will crash soon, she clings to the wall, waiting for just the right moment to…Ah, there it is.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 7 Total: 9) (Gunnery+Spin+Knocked off your feet)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Alertness + Tactical Network)
Michael feels the Nephilim chatter finally starting to pick up.
Zinda Tegram: "I've got you this time!"
[OOC] WC GM: That is enough to inflict a Minor Consequence. What does she inflict?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh man, good question!
[OOC] Ingenue: Feel the Burn?
[OOC] Ingenue: Carved Initials?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: "Trapped With Zinda"?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ooooh, "Acid Leak"?
[OOC] WC GM: Works!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I dunno man! I've never gotten to choose a consequence before!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Which one works?
That spray - Zinda must have hit the self-destruct acid reservior on one of the suits. And it's hovering in midair for the moment, what with freefall.
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Awww, was about to narrate my attack! : 3
[OOC] WC GM: Go for it.
[OOC] Ingenue: You have some time while I'm typing…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: 4 stress is two neph so…
Zinda Tegram plants her torch firmly in the closest nephilm, removing it against as part of a cut against the next trying to start another mob around her. The clean slice seems to have severed some tubes along that head…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Waiting for an attack I can take a consequence for a FP for. xD
[OOC] Ingenue: It would be Stamina for a grapple/throw/crush action, yes?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda: you're aboard a transport that's about to crash hard. You'll be rolling vs. Stamina to resist @ end of round. So will Ingenue and Alex if they're aboard, though Alex will have a lower difficulty.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Gotcha.
Ingenue frowns. Up until now, the Nephilim were just playing around, firing lights at people. They weren't doing anything actually damaging. But stress analysis of human musculature and bone indicates that dozens of Nephilim rushing a single person had a high probability of inflicting significant harm. That is not acceptable. High probability of Zinda receiving significant harm is *not* acceptable!…
Ingenue …And with gyroscopes indicating the ship moving into a downward spiral, the odds of Zinda becoming harmed are increasing! But the Nephilim do provide a solution, of sorts…
[OOC] Ingenue: Using Stamina to place a Maneuver 'Nephilim cushion'. That is, Nue is going to grab and throw Neph into a useful position so that they can be used as… ablative shielding for shock cushioning.
[OOC] Ingenue: Nephilim cushion, that is.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Eeee~! Ingenue is too damn cute!
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 5 Total: 7) ((Stamina to place maneuver Nephilim Cushion.))
[OOC] WC GM: They defend w/Alertness, already rolled @ 3…and fail.
Nephilim do not make the comfiest pillows, but at least they will be taking damage first.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham/Michael/Alex!
[OOC] WC GM: Alex: you can wait for the Kilrathi if you want.
[OOC] Alex Morello: I will
Michael Pearson: "It'll be coming down on us. We should move!"
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Tactics (using Near-Prescience stunt to sub for Agility) to get out of the way of the onrushing dropship.)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Assuming my read of your statement last exchange was correct, of course.
Abraham glances upward at the descending Neph Ship. "Ah. Right."
Abraham looks at Michael who has been replaced by a dust cloud.
Abraham legs it.
Michael is…over thataway. Beyond minimum safe distance.
Michael Pearson surveys cover spot - missing Heggy.
Michael Pearson: "Get over here!"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Agility to be elsewhere.)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Should I roll for Heggy? I have her Agility at +3.
[OOC] WC GM: If you want.
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: - - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Agility to get Heggy out of the way)
Abraham and Heggy do not quite get out of the way in time. They won't be directly landed on, but they will have to endure flying rubble and a minor shockwave.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Hah, nice
The Kilrathi mech's fist is now buried in the cockpit.
Said mech's blank face looks at Alexander with an unmistakable "Okay, now what?" look.
[OOC] Alex Morello: Am I aware of the fact that the ship is crashing at this point?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] WC GM: Judging by the rate at which neighboring buildings are rising up.
Abraham tags Does the job that's in front of him, then runs.
Alex Morello jumps into the cockpit. Can't be any more dangerous than being on the outside of a crashing ship.
[OOC] WC GM: You're not certain it's about to impact, but that's a reasonable guess.
Alex Morello surveys the cockpit.
There is what looks to be a recently-abandoned pilot's seat, with crashweb deployed.
[OOC] WC GM: You have just enough time to buckle in if you wish.
Alex Morello buckles in faster than he's ever buckled in before.
Alex Morello attempts to restart the engines while he's at it.
The Nephilim attempt to get out from underneath…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Agility)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I oppose?
…Ingenue's pile is too confining! They are locked in tight on one another!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No need I guess!
[OOC] WC GM: Ingenue would oppose, and specifically does so with that 7.
[OOC] Ingenue: Weee! A new game, Nephilim pick up stix!
[OOC] Alex Morello: Roll engineering to try and restart the engines?
[OOC] WC GM: As I said, you had just enough time to buckle in before impact.
[OOC] Alex Morello: ah, well, it was worth a try.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Welp! Let's take some damage~!
And CRASH! The transport is quite a bit weaker than the structure, and pancakes somewhat.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham/Heggy/Alex/Ingenue/Zinda: roll Stamina. Different difficulties for most PCs.
Zinda Tegram knows this crash is incoming. She braces herself for the impact and…Ugh! That…hurt more than it should have…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Taking a compel, 'micro-G adaptation syndrome.
Alex Morello rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Stamina: Any crash you can walk away from is hardly a crash at all.)
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + + (Base: 2 Total: 4) ()
Ingenue braces for impact. Unlike a human, a frame never tenses, never relaxes. The metallic glass structure flexes from external stresses, servos whir to compensate for incoming force… but the process is precise. Angles of joints must be precisely calculated in an instant, weight distribution to transform crushing force into irritating imbalance….
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: + + 0 - (Base: 5 Total: 6) ((Stamina to not die.))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yummy consequences!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + - + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Stamina for the Nephilim)
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 + (Base: 0 Total: 2) (Stamina has never been Heggy's strongpoint!)
[OOC] WC GM: And 0 for Zinda due to compel…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep! :D
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Nom nom nom consequences.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: She did brace over those nephilim though.
Abraham walks away perhaps a bit slower than he should, but manages to avoid almost all impacts. In fact, the only thing that lands on him is a shades-shaped dark piece of rock, over his nose and ears.
Heggy is not quite so fortunate, and winds up with a Bruised Back (Moderate Consequence).
Abraham calmly and suavly takes the blinders off so he doesn't trip over a rock and faceplant.
[OOC] Alex Morello: That would be most embarrassing
Alex gets buckled in just in time for the airbags to deploy. The impact itself is fully absorbed, but flying pieces of shattered metal give him A Few Cuts (Minor Consequence).
Michael Pearson: "HEGGY!"
Michael Pearson is up and over his piece of cover and towards Heggy before the dust has a chance to settle.
Ingenue is sitting pretty on a pile of stuffed Nephilim…that just had the stuffing squished out of them. The acid on the ones below Ingenue begins to kick in, but those toward the edge of the pile begin to crawl free.
Zinda feels PAIN - her arms are okay, but moving her neck or feet…she has a Broken Skull And Legs (Severe Consequence).
Zinda Tegram winces and wobbles a bit, clinging to the wall, breathing heavily.
Zinda Tegram: "I…might of…pushed myself a bit hard, haha…"
Alex Morello cuts his way out of the deployed crash bags.
Zinda Tegram braces herself against the wall as she makes her way over to the surviving Nephilim.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: My turn, right?
[OOC] WC GM: Combat's over.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Aww, OK. Hehe.
Ingenue notes, absently, that the process of movement wasn't recorded in its database, just the moment where Metis appeared at Zinda's side. "Zinda!"
[OOC] WC GM: Unless you're trying anything else that would require combat time?
Alex Morello leaves the cockpit and looks for Zinda and Ingenue.
Zinda Tegram: "H-hey Metis…Not quite…finished…"
Zinda Tegram looks at one of the Nephilim squirming free.
Michael Pearson: "Stupid fluffing pilot musta ditched when I took the engines - are you okay, babe?"
Ingenue tugs on Zinda's sleeve. "….yes. You are. Come. Please."
Zinda Tegram: "I'm! I need to…"
[OOC] Alex Morello: Is it basically a drop ship, or do I actually have to look for them?
Zinda Tegram looks at Metis.
Zinda Tegram looks at the pathetic pile of squirming Nephilim.
[OOC] WC GM: It's a repurposed drop ship, but you've seen the like. You find them quickly.
Zinda Tegram: "A-alright…"
Zinda Tegram leans on Metis.
Alex Morello: "Zinda! Don't move!"
Ingenue looks up at Zinda. "Your legs… we need the Doctor. Please." Wraps her arms around Zinda, holding her carefully.
Alex Morello runs up to Zinda and Metis
Zinda Tegram: "You might wanna check my neck, too…hehe…"
The Nephilim still capable of moving engage their own cloaks.
Alex Morello pulls a series of short pipes from his bag assembling them into a backboard/stretcher.
Zinda Tegram: "F-fuck! Someone! They're getting…"
Alex Morello jabs Zinda with an anesthetic.
Zinda Tegram relaxes under the anesthetic.
Zinda Tegram thinks, "Can I really keep doing this?"
Alex Morello: "Okay, Metis, I'm going to need you to hold Zinda's head and neck perfectly still, okay? Do not let her move at all."
Michael Pearson starts performing his own medical check of Heggy, making sure that bruising is all the damage she's taken.
Alex Morello: "Okay, we're going to roll her SLIGHTLY on her side so we can get this under her. Can you… uh… use that thing to get Michael and Abraham?"
Ingenue a frame's hands do not shake. "Understood, Doctor."
Ingenue: "[Admiral. Michael. The Doctor needs you.]"
Ingenue: "Michael has been contacted. The Admiral is not properly equipped, however he should be located near the Admiral."
Abraham remains blissfully unaware of Ingenue's distress.
Alex Morello: "Thanks."
Alex Morello: "Zinda, can you feel your legs?"
Zinda Tegram: "I…can't tell, hahaha…"
Alex Morello looks Zinda over quickly while he waits for assistance.
Alex Morello: "Are you on any medication that may interfere with anything?"
Zinda Tegram: "There's the Anti-G meds…Gravitone I think…?"
Indeed, Heggy seems to have only taken bruising damage. It HURTS, especially for someone not that physically tough, but some comfort and tending and she will recover.
Zinda Tegram: "And, uh, I popped a combat stim the other day…"
Zinda Tegram: "Combat stims…"
Zinda Tegram tries to look down at her body but winces.
Alex Morello: "Don't move."
Zinda Tegram: "R-right…"
Michael Pearson: "Admiral, looks like Zinda took a bad hit in there…looks like you'll be okay, babe…"
Abraham: "Thanks Michael. I'll go see if I can help any."
Abraham searches for Zinda and the others in the crash site.
Alex Morello: "Zinda, we're going to roll you onto this board, okay?"
Zinda Tegram: "R-right…"
Zinda Tegram really looks like she doesn't get what's going on.
Michael Pearson: "Seems like every blood vessel in your back burst. That's gonna hurt a lot soon, but the only one with meds around here's the doc, so lets get to him."
Alex Morello checks Zinda's pupillary dilation response
Michael Pearson helps Heggy to her feet, and then helps her stay upright as she wobbles.
Roland: "Still no sign of any outbounds, sir. Is everything alright down there?"
Ingenue: "Doctor, Heggy has also received some… minor injury. I think."
Alex Morello: "We're going to need a medical extraction."
Abraham: "We have injured, and if the Doctor hasn't asked already, send down a medical extraction."
Michael Pearson: "[Tell the doctor medical extraction will have to be routed through the locals. We're under a dome, unless the Roland blasts through.]"
Abraham finds the airlocks open. Strange - they didn't look open earlier. It is simple enough to enter through them and find the Doctor et al.
Alex Morello: "Admiral, I need your help getting Zinda on this backboard."
Michael Pearson: "Uh-oh. We may have more time sensitive problems."
Alex Morello: "We have to roll her over slightly, are you up to date on your first aid training?"
Roland: "No can do, sir. Your coordinates are all over the map. Earlier, it was like you jumped about a third of the way around the planet, and we can't establish a lock now."
Michael Pearson slides around Heggy to the other side so his pistol arm is clear, then draws.
Michael Pearson: "WAYNE! You around here?"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Hopefully at least the mechs will pick up that I'm asking for him and alert him. Of course he may be able to hear me as-is.
Wayne peeks out from a stairwell. "Here!"
[OOC] WC GM: The latter. He didn't run THAT far. :P
Abraham helps the doctor and Zinda however he can.
Alex Morello: "Okay, on three… remember Metis, don't let her spine bend at all"
Ingenue: "Of course, Doctor."
[OOC] Ingenue: I am so glad I have at least a little medical.
Alex Morello: "One."
Michael Pearson: "The Admiral didn't have to open that airlock to get in, which I take it means that the survivors from the crash have already left the ship. Do you have cloakbusters around?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Formative experiences in Metis's childhood? : D
Alex Morello: "Two."
Alex Morello: "Three!"
Wayne blinks. "…no?"
Alex Morello quickly places the backboard under Zinda and extends it to full length.
Alex Morello: "Okay, now let her down gently."
Michael Pearson: "….well shit."
Zinda Tegram: "Sterne Lanze…"
[OOC] WC GM: "Sorry to have to tell you, Zinda, but you're not Queen of Oldziey yet." - gentle enough?
Michael Pearson: "You know what you said earlier about not having Nephilim spies on the planet? May have been less true than you thought."
Zinda Tegram: "Give Roland Sterne Lanze's sensor feed…"
Zinda Tegram: "It's in remote…"
Alex Morello straps Zinda in and activates rapidly expanding foam to secure her head, neck, and spine.
Zinda Tegram has to stop the sentence due to impending nausea.
Michael Pearson taps into Metis's sensor feed, looking for any Nephilim who may have lingered rather than running the instant they could once their cover was blown
Alex Morello: "Let's get her out of here."
Michael Pearson: "And shut down the jump! It may be too late but it may not."
Ingenue: "Doctor? In what way can I assist your… process?"
Michael Pearson: "…I mean…I recommend."
Michael Pearson: "Your Excellency."
Those Nephilim who are still present appear to be dissolving.
[OOC] Ingenue: Active scans aren't running at the moment, but they could be if Michael gives Nue a nudge.
Alex Morello motions to the stretcher.
Wayne: "It's shut down."
Michael Pearson: "[Metis, can you see any enemies still in hiding? I think they ran but I'm not sure.]"
Michael Pearson: "Okay, that's one headache out of the way. Are there any…dang, computer arm's busy…"
Ingenue reaches down and lifts, keeping the lift fluid and gentle, then pauses, head cocked to one side. "[Initiating active sonar sweep.]"
Alex Morello: "Admiral, see if you can get Wayne's attention, Zinda needs medical treatment. More than I can provide in the field."
Heggy wearily raises her own left arm with her computer strapped to it. Michael grins and begins tapping instructions.
[OOC] Ingenue: Roll for the sensors?
Alex Morello: "Metis, let's get her to that clear spot over there."
Alex Morello points to a relatively debris free section of the rooftop.
Ingenue carries the stretcher over to the indicated area.
Michael Pearson: "Also it seems like Dame Tegram bit off more than she can chew - she'll need a medevac, probably back to our ship if you don't have any seriously experienced xenosurgeons."
Michael Pearson mutters balefully to himself while he pulls up a map on Heggy's wristputor.
The only moving things Ingenue's sonar reveals are those things visibly moving. Any fleeing Nephilim would appear to have completely fled by now.
Alex Morello scans Zinda with that handy dandy neutrino medical scanner.
Zinda Tegram: "H-hey!"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: How sprawl-y is the area? Would it be possible to create a cordon and cut the Nephilim off, or is the bug out of the bag already?
Wayne blinks. "Xenosurgeons?" And points. "Down that street, fifth on your right."
Ingenue: "[No cloaked entities detected within sonar range. That is good. It makes it easier to hunt them if they are running.]"
Michael Pearson: "Experienced?"
[OOC] WC GM: You don't know how fast they're moving. The easiest thing is to cordon the dome, assuming you can cover all exits.
Zinda Tegram: "I chewed everything I bit…"
Michael Pearson: "[Harder, since they can hide and run at the same time. But at least we can stand down from immediate alert.]"
Alex Morello: "Zinda, what day is it?"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Zinda close enough to hear me, then?
[OOC] Alex Morello: In that case, I am as well?
Wayne: "Saved at least 100 terrans - err, humans, between them. 'Course, 99 got executed - that's why they came here."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, I didn't know I'd departed.
[OOC] WC GM: If Michael's talking via communicator, Zinda and Alex can both hear it.
Alex Morello: "Damn the surgeons, I just need a place to work!"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: The opposite - Michael never went there. But looknig it seems Ingenue carried Zinda to the medevac site so us meeting up there makes perfect sense.
Michael Pearson: "They'll be equipped for that, and it'd be easier to get us there than a medevac shuttle here."
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah - let's say everyone's outside now.
[OOC] WC GM: There is no designated medevac site yet.
Zinda Tegram blinks a bit more, starting to get a bit more lucid.
Alex Morello: "Zinda, what day is it?"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Alexander waved at one, relatively clear spot - that's what I was calling the medevac site =p
Zinda Tegram: "Thursday, I think?"
[OOC] Alex Morello: Is it Thursday?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No clue!
[OOC] WC GM: Good enough.
Alex Morello holds up four fingers in front of Zinda's face
Alex Morello: "How many fingers am I holding up?"
Alex Morello examines the results of his scan.
[OOC] WC GM: So, people carrying Zinda and Heggy toward the xenosurgeons?
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Heggy can walk, I think?
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue is carrying Zinda wherever Alex says to carry her. And woe betide anything that gets in Nue's way.
Michael Pearson: "I think I'm gonna stay here - I was wrong about the system crashing, I think the pilot just fluffing bailed."
Michael Pearson: "There's still enough of a network that I may be able to piece together some records."
Alex Morello: "Metis, let's head for the surgery."
Michael Pearson: "[I'll be in constant contact, though. So if you need anything at all…]"
Wayne: "I'll call ahead, tell them you're coming."
Ingenue: "[Understood.]"
Ingenue: "Understood."
Alex Morello: "Zinda, we're taking you to the hospital, okay?"
Zinda Tegram: "Great, a cat hospital…"
Michael Pearson: "[You should go with them, dear. Dr. Morello can give you a better checkup than I can and he can give you drugs. I am not looking forward to when those endorphins wear off.]"
Zinda Tegram: "As if the icecream meat wasn't scary enough…"
Alex Morello: "Cats have nine lives, Zinda, there are worse places to be."
The streets are cleared for the party to get through. Indeed, there seems to be an armed escort - or so you presume the battlesuited kilrathi marching in loose formation with you to be. Each battlesuit is different - some are recognizably military surplus, others civilian but upgraded. Most of them look like they have been repurposed for labor, but all of them sport at least one arm cannon.
[OOC] WC GM: And I'm going to need a Profession: Doctor roll from Alex.
Alex Morello rolled up 4dF: + + + + (Base: 5 Total: 9) (Profession: Doctor (Trust me, I'm a doctor))
[OOC] Alex Morello: nice.
[OOC] Aerdan: succeeding with style fwiw
[OOC] Abraham: We can rebuild her. We have the technology. But we don't want to spend that much money.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: =D
The doctor has, on occasion, had dreams of advanced medical technology. What it might be like to finally have a fully equipped hospital, with every gizmo and widget he could hope for. Upon walking into the hospital, he has to take a moment to realize he is not dreaming. The hard part is simply recognizing all the gear, but he susses it out quickly.
[OOC] Alex Morello: Best doctor ever right here.
Alex Morello points to what is CLEARLY some sort of advanced internal imagery device.
Alex Morello: "Let's get her in here."
Bone printers. Blood analyzers. Cortical stimulators. Fauxflesh sprays. And over there - is that a neutrino-based imager? It has some dust on it, though.
[OOC] WC GM: Did Heggy go with the group, or is she back with Michael?
[OOC] Alex Morello: Cortical Stimulators? When did I stop being the doctor and become The Doctor?
[OOC] WC GM: You didn't. This is all tech the Kilrathi xenosurgeons wheeled out for you.
[OOC] Alex Morello: outside?
[OOC] WC GM: In the hospital.
[OOC] WC GM: Wayne said he'd call ahead; they set this up for you to use.
Alex Morello activates the neutrino scanner.
[OOC] WC GM: Now, why *THEY* have it…
[OOC] Alex Morello: Now is not the time for why! Now is the time for Zinda saving!
[OOC] Ingenue: These are movie props, right? They go 'ping!'?
[OOC] Alex Morello: medical roll?
[OOC] WC GM: No need - but I need to know where Heggy is right now, the moment that scanner goes up.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Heggy went with the group.
[OOC] WC GM: Stamina rolls from Michael and Ingenue.
[OOC] WC GM: Easier for Michael.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 4) ((This is a stamina check. There are many like it, but this one's mine.))
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Can I roll Resolve instead?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 1 Total: 1) (Resolve - oooh that's gonna gimme a headache)
NOISY! To those with neutrino implants. Painfully for Michael, near-overloading for Ingenue. Heggy simply faints on the spot. The neutrino communicator squeals as if with feedback.
But the scanner gives Alexander a clearer picture of Zinda's insides than he has ever seen, at least, giving him precise locations of the fractures.
[OOC] Alex Morello: How bad is it?
Michael Pearson: "[Ow-oh no, Heggy!]"
Michael Pearson departs the Nephilim dropship with great rapidity.
[OOC] Ingenue: Kind of like a rock concert, only with your head in the am… of, you mean Zinda.
Alex Morello looks over his shoulder to Heggy
[OOC] WC GM: …that's a fair description of the neutrino noise, yeah.
Alex Morello runs over to Heggy
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Or a better analogy: have you read Hunt for Red October, when the sonarman doesn't get his earphones in time when the torpedo explodes?
Alexander is fairly certain he knows exactly where to apply the bone printer. It is going to require a bit of surgery, and rest or at most light labor from Zinda, but he is fairly certain he can have her recovered in a day or two - most of that, recuperation time.
Alex Morello: "Metis, take Zinda out of there and put her on the table, I need to check Heggy for internal injuries."
[OOC] Alex Morello: it's been too long since I read that
Alex Morello: "While you're over there, turn on that device with the articulated arm on it and roll it over to Zinda."
Ingenue downgrades optics, diverting the attendant resources to dealing with the influx of white noise (from hell), relying on the active sensors for precise measurements as Zinda is, as carefully as possible, removed from…. random medical doohickey 1 and moved over towards random medical doohickey 2 owowowwhywontthatnoisestop?
[OOC] Alex Morello: I would think that the noise would stop after it finished scanning.
[OOC] WC GM: It did. Presumably Alex shut it off once he noticed Heggy faint just after he turned it on?
[OOC] Alex Morello: Well, that assumes Alex connected the dots.
[OOC] WC GM: With that 9 roll? He did.
[OOC] WC GM: Lingering awesome.
[OOC] Alex Morello: Oh… In that case I will not put Heggy into the device.
[OOC] WC GM: You're putting her in a different device?
[OOC] Ingenue: Sure, but if you take a sensor/receiver and bombard it with signals, those signals don't just go away, they're still being processed. If a sensor is overstimulated, it can either crash, short, or demand more processing power, and in Nue's case its doing the second.
[OOC] Alex Morello: The same one.
Zinda Tegram: "Y-you're hurting Metis…"
[OOC] WC GM: Alright - then you realize, before putting Heggy in, that's the source. More than enough time to switch actions.
Alex Morello: "Well.. that complicates things…"
Zinda Tegram can somehow guess Metis' mental state despite the total lack of visual cues from the robot. It's a little creepy…
Alex Morello looks around for a more… primitive imaging device.
[OOC] Ingenue: You still have the neu-comm receiver. And more importantly, an aspect related to metis!
[OOC] Ingenue: That's like magic.
Alex Morello realizes that what caused Heggy to pass out was the neutrino scanner, and that she's probably okay as long as he doesn't use it again.
Michael Pearson bursts into the room and sees Heggy on the normal high-energy photon scanner.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: True. : P
Michael Pearson: "Don't- *hah hah hah* okay. I see you're not."
Alex Morello sets up the MRI to scan Heggy and runs back over to Zinda.
Alexander sees enough of Heggy's bruising to know to set her on her front.
Alex Morello: "You have a cranial fracture, probable concussion, and both of your legs have compound fractures. Do you understand?"
Zinda Tegram: "K-kind of…"
Zinda Tegram: "So basically, my bones are fucked up and I bruised my brain, huh?"
Alex Morello wheels over a device with a threatening looking mask.
Alex Morello: "That's the gist of it."
Alex Morello places the mask over Zinda's face and presses a few buttons. He checks the readouts on the bio-scanners for any signs of problems.
Alex Morello: "Can you count backwards from 10 for me?"
[OOC] WC GM: Alertness checks from the party.
Zinda Tegram: "Uh, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2…"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda is at higher difficulty, of course.
Alex Morello rolled up 4dF: + 0 + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Alertness)
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 5) ((Any diff mod for Nue?))
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Alertness + 1 from Ingenue's Data Bridge)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 - - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Alertness, tagging 'abraham bounty's private army')
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Alertness because GM said so.)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That's a 5
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: People, tag, the session is ending
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And the FP will wasted.
Alex Morello ups the dosage on the anesthetic. Clearly those stims are still in Zinda's system.
Zinda Tegram drops like a rock due to the anesthetic.
[OOC] Abraham: Tags Honord by the Kilrathi?
[OOC] Alex Morello: tagging: Stand Back, I'm a Doctor
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I was thinking Nue'd tag.
[OOC] Ingenue: Stainless Steel… Mouse, because that aspect is awesome and hasn't come up yet.
Abraham and Ingenue get that feeling that they are being watched.
Alex Morello begins humming 'On the Beautiful Blue Danube' and gets to work.
[OOC] Ingenue: Log end there, or…?
Abraham does a casual look around to see if he can spot his fan club.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I wanna see what Nue spotted! : P
Sides…no, up. The dark ceiling - there is an observation gallery, with many kilrathi looking intently, some taking notes.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: If Zinda was alive, she'd flip them off.
[OOC] Ingenue: …if Zinda isn't alive, everyone is in trouble.
[OOC] WC GM: You know those old-fashioned surgical theaters? Pretty much that. Sterile, with glass separating the audience.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Erm, not alive, awake. xD
[OOC] Alex Morello: The grace with which Alex performs the surgery is deserving of such a melody and audience.
[OOC] Ingenue: The kind of place you bring med students so they can take notes without, oh, losing a junior mint into a patient.
[OOC] WC GM: More like: this is terran on terran and we have interest in xenosurgery.
[OOC] Abraham: Yeah, that surgery's going up My Face in a Tube.
[OOC] WC GM: Though, some of the observers give off the air of senior, experienced medics.
Alex Morello snaps a bone back into place with a crack and begins applying the printer.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License