Session 3 13

The firefighters press on down the corridor. It would appear that avenue of advancement is, for the moment, just a bit more difficult.
Zinda Tegram buries her face in her hands. "They never listen to me…"
Zinda Tegram: "Well, Admiral, any ideas?"
Michael Pearson sighs. If only that were the case…
Ingenue continues to scan the area, waiting for the temperature to lower to the point where scanning is possible.
Zinda Tegram: "We should at least make a point to recover the remains of whatever there is."
Zinda Tegram: "Failing that, at least the…sensor test was successful. Friggin…"
Abraham: "Do we have any pressure suits available?"
Zinda Tegram: "I've got my flight suit, but I'd probably cook if I took it in there."
Zinda Tegram: "It doesn't, uh, breathe."
[OOC] Abraham: Was asking our intrepid tour guide.
Zinda Tegram: "Wayne?"
Wayne looks a little less flustered by now. "Not here. But we won't need them soon."
Zinda Tegram: "And why is that?"
Hrrin: "Soon?" Hrrin turns back to look at the raging inferno. "Does that look under control to you?"
The inferno has, by now, been pushed out of sight behind the firefighters' foam.
Michael Pearson looks at the powered armor fighting fires. "Meh."
Wayne: "…yes? Mostly?"
Michael Pearson: "I'd tend to agree."
Zinda Tegram: "Let's go. Please show us to the data storage."
Michael Pearson blinks
Hrrin frowns. "…I'll concede. Yes. Mostly."
WC GM: Wayne moves slowly, crouched, behind the firefighters as they advance.
Michael Pearson: "Is there any chance that the data we're looking for survived the inferno?"
Ingenue: "Was it stored in a fire-proof, explosion-proof vault?"
Zinda Tegram: "We'll find out once we get forensic to look at I suppose."
Michael Pearson: "Ingenue: from what I understand it was the server itself that exploded, but they might have remote backups."
One of the firefighters looks back for a moment. "What explode? That not experiment."
Firefighter: "Experiment was Halt and Catch Fire."
Michael Pearson blinks
Zinda Tegram: "Please tell me you're joking."
Michael Pearson: "Well, it failed at the catching, then."
Hrrin: "Which was so named, because….?"
Firefighter: "Because it did."
Zinda Tegram: "Just…just, where's the damn server?"
Firefighter: "Should just need reboot, once extinguished."
Zinda Tegram looks at Hrrin, pleading.
Michael Pearson: "…..y'know, if the server actually caught fire - to this extent - and all it needs is a reboot afterwards…"
Michael Pearson is starting to look a little nervous, actually.
The firefighter grins. "Sometimes kilrathi way better. We build to last!"
Abraham: "I'm beginning to think the correct question to be asking not where, but what is the damn server?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So…we're talking to Soviet cats?
Michael Pearson: "[Nanotech? Mahavier-type plant?]"
Hrrin spreads her hands in that terran 'what can you do' gesture, and grins.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Real, KILRAH Steel!
The group finally breaks into the server room. Massive cubical crystals - quartz or diamond, possibly - with wires leading between one another and to occasional control consoles. Ingenue immediately picks up a wide array of wireless - both signals and some beamed power. The various crystals seem to have different architectures, as if built by a thousand different designers.
One near the front is spewing black, organic-looking sludge, which has caught fire.
Zinda Tegram: "Metis, is that safe to touch?"
Hrrin 's smile widens, and her ears perk up. She likes the server room!
Alexander Morrello scans the… sludge.
The firefighters turn their cannon on it, but the crystal seems determined to stay alight, increasing its rate of output to match the foam. The result is the closest thing to a science fiction beam clash any of those present have seen.
Michael Pearson: "I see what you meant by the reboot - or, wait. Hmm - are these walls shielded?"
Firefighter: "Yes."
Michael Pearson blinks
[OOC] WC GM: Alexander: what are you scanning with?
Michael Pearson: "So you give your computers wireless connections and then shield them so they can't be accessed."
Michael Pearson sighs and shrugs.
Zinda Tegram: "Metis, would you like a sample? I know you love data and all."
Michael Pearson pulls up his computer. That server - the one that's apparently still trying to catch fire - are there any connections to it?
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Communications to disrupt its power feed and reboot it?
Michael sees exactly one connection: an old-fashioned power plug.
[OOC] WC GM: You can try to hack into it. Or…
Michael Pearson moves to the wall, carefully avoiding the flames, and yanks.
Firefighter: "Wireless within here. Easiest way for them to communicate. Could you…ah, thanks."
The sludge ceases immediately, and the fire soon thereafter.
Michael Pearson waits until the fire is gone, then plugs the machine back in.
Zinda Tegram coughs.
Zinda Tegram: "Communicate?"
Michael Pearson: "I suppose it makes some sense - if you can get the bandwidth, then wireless signals move at the speed of light, which isn't enough slower through air to make a difference."
With the fire down, the temperature subsides quickly, air conditioning and purification equipment kicking in. Within a minute, there is not even enough smoke to be visible - though there is still foam all around.
Hrrin brushes a flip of foam off her shoulder.
Zinda Tegram: "You guys are, uh, scientist types right? Do you have a sample vial on you?"
Wayne wordlessly hands one to Zinda.
Zinda Tegram: "Thanks."
Michael Pearson: "I'm almost surprised that you haven't repurposed starship drives to create static data links between the servers."
Alexander Morrello: "Zinda, hold on."
Zinda Tegram collects a sample of the sludge.
Alexander Morrello facepalms himself. "Who knows what's in that stuff…"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Ingenue, soon!
Hrrin: "Well, isn't that why she'd like to know?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep!
Alexander Morrello: "Yes, but there are safer ways to get samples then just sticking a hand in…"
The apparently-technically-trained firefighter waves his arm around. "Standard wireless easier than making plugs for so many different designs. Had considered starship drives - but if can make small jump points, that much faster."
[OOC] WC GM: Are you analyzing it on the spot, and if so with what?
Ingenue initiates a packet-sniffer (because everyone uses the same type of frame, so this obviously will work) and sorts the incoming data from the wireless signals. "Oh yes, please."
[OOC] Alexander Morrello: Well, I have the BAG, and a handy dandy chemical analyzing prosthesis…
Zinda Tegram hands the vial to Metis. "Enjoy, honey."
Michael Pearson: "Eh, that's just a choice of one set of standards to another, though I'll admit that standardizing wireless makes things a little more central and many of the standards can be revised remotely via firmware updates."
Zinda Tegram: "So. Let's get the system back online."
Ingenue: "Thank you!" ((No allusions to gollum. Stop thinking them.))
The sludge appears to be standard synthetic petroleum, designed only to burn spectacularly. It does not even make a good fuel.
Zinda Tegram: "Huh."
Zinda Tegram: "That's an…odd choice."
Hrrin: "Well, the fire is meant as an alert."
Hrrin: "For when the server is down."
Firefighter: "It is?"
Zinda Tegram: "Are you serious?"
Alexander Morrello: "That… doesn't seem safe."
The firefighter blinks.
Ingenue: "[Analysis of crystals in progress… initial analysis follows: composition probably carbon-silicon with each crystal having a slightly altered matrix formation. Initial conclusion: they are either computers or part of computers utilize flash storage. Optical, electronic and acoustic inputs noted.]"
Hrrin: "…Well, it's a guess."
Abraham: "More dramatic than most error messages, ain't it?"
Alexander Morrello: "Surely a flashing red light would work just as well."
Firefighter: "No alert."
Hrrin sweeps a hand to take in the room.
Firefighter: "Design was just halt, and catch fire."
Zinda Tegram: "What's the storage capacity?"
Hrrin: "Would you see a flashing red light in here?"
Michael Pearson: "Well, this one managed to get half a dozen responders in here, so…"
Ingenue: "Fire is often flashy and flickery, produces light, and is often red…"
Alexander Morrello: "While simultaneously nearly killing us all."
Michael Pearson: "That said, I believe the purpose of the architecture was to /intend/ to overheat, with proper architecture failing to do so."
Ingenue: "Does that not meet all criteria of 'flashing red light'?"
Alexander Morrello: "In the perfectly literal sense, I suppose it does."
Zinda Tegram stifles a giggle and tussles ingenue's head. Awww~
The re-plugged-in system appears to be nearly rebooted, judging by the flickering inside it.
Michael Pearson blinks at Ingenue.
Michael Pearson: "[Was that you?]"
The neutrino communicator beeps momentarily. "#Online.#"
Michael Pearson frowns. "Interesting."
Abraham: "What is?"
Zinda Tegram: "Neutrino comms…?"
Ingenue: "[It was not.]"
Zinda Tegram pulls her neutrino transceiver out and presses transmit. "Ah, report status."
Michael Pearson: "Was this particular server designed with neutrino communications capability?"
[OOC] Ingenue: we best hope it was, the other option is spontaneous machine evolution, and that's never good…
The firefighter blinks, then looks at Wayne. Wayne thinks for a moment. "#He means, ah, Nephilim-particle communicator.#"
Firefighter: "Oh! Yes, adapted from that."
Ingenue: "Does this facility have or utilize other Nephilim-based or -inherited technology?"
[OOC] Abraham: Oh that's ominous. The Nephilim are made out of Neutrinos.
There is no response via the neutrino communicator. At a guess, the server does not understand Terran.
Ingenue: "[#Hello.#]"
Zinda Tegram: "Can you get us a record of all outbound traffic from this planet, as well as any write operations in the past week or so?"
Server: "[#Not understood.#]"
The firefighter looks at Wayne. Wayne nods, smiling. The firefighter…this may be the first time anyone but Hrrin has seen a Kilrathi laugh politely.
Ingenue: "[#Help? /? #]"
Server: "[#Not understood.#]"
Michael Pearson pulls up his computer and filters out the signals that aren't coming from the server we're interested in.
That leaves many signals.
[OOC] WC GM: 1000^2 down to 999^2. Actually worse.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Communications to establish a data connection to the machine, then?
[OOC] WC GM: Establishing a connection is easy. Getting meaningful commands over it, on the other hand…
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Well, that would be what I meant.
[OOC] Ingenue: Hey, kilrah, do you mind if we brute-force hack your neph-particle computer?
[OOC] WC GM: These computers are in Kilrathi. Moreover, they were made by people deliberately diverging from standard architecture.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Well, my computer was design for offensive EW attacks. =p
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, and you can overload the I/O easily enough.
[OOC] Ingenue: Buffer overflow! Wait, that just dumps us to shell, and doesn't give anything useful…
[OOC] Ingenue: I am confident we can take the system out. But that doesn't get us access to its yummy data.
[OOC] WC GM: Imagine trying to hack into a sibling variant of Linux, written by someone who counts in base eight instead of base ten and has their own alphabet.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: I can't, I have no knowledge of hacking beyond the very most theoretical. Michael, however, does.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Hence my asking to do it as a skill roll.
Ingenue: "This… may require considerable processor cycles."
[OOC] WC GM: Right. Which is to say…you can try it, but expect very high difficulty.
[OOC] Ingenue: Translation: Set up maneuvers.
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
Michael Pearson fires up the connection suite - the war wasn't over recently enough that Kilrathi systems have been removed, but these guys went against those principles as a matter of cultural pride.
[OOC] WC GM: Also, this isn't just Michael + Ingenue.
Abraham tries making a simple Federation/Kilrathi translator. Not robust enough for full conversation, but covering basic computer commands.
[OOC] Abraham: Computer?
Abraham: "With any luck, this will save you some work and grief."
Hrrin: "So. Nephilim-particle communications, on a server-crystal. Whose design was it?"
[OOC] WC GM: Sure, that works.
Firefighter: "Server-crystal was ours. Nephilim design found."
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 1 Total: -1) (Computer Maneuver (Basic Federation/Kilrah translation program))
[OOC] Ingenue: …wow.
[OOC] Abraham: I just invented leet.
Hrrin: "Ah? How was it recovered?"
[OOC] Hrrin: Fabulous.
[OOC] Alexander Morrello: I have to leave in about 20 minutes, heads up
Abraham: "Hm… new plan. I'll just logic out a program for you, or someone else, to code."
[OOC] Abraham: Which would be SCIENCE!
Firefighter: "From reports."
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 4) (SCIENCE! Maneuver (Logic))
[OOC] Abraham: Slightly better.
[OOC] WC GM: Next?
Hrrin 's ears tilt back down in disappointment. "Reports, neh? Do you know whose? I'd be curious to follow up on the documentation of the design…"
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + + (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Communications - identifying a communications port to gain access to)
Firefighter: "From ring."
Hrrin: "Adapting Nephillim elements into Kilrathi design is a side-project of mine."
[OOC] Abraham: Wait, you managed to get a positive value out of Chessa? Hax!
The neutrino communicator is essentially one port. Getting in is the easy part.
Firefighter: "Ah? Then you know ring identified as similar to stabilizer you destroyed?"
Zinda Tegram perks up. "Yeah?"
Firefighter: "Ah…what word for it? Some…color?"
Hrrin: "Ah, I did not know they were so similar as that!"
Firefighter: "Terran word - means 'purity'?"
Hrrin: "White?"
Firefighter: "That it! White!"
Firefighter: "Reports from there."
Alexander Morrello: "White?"
Hrrin: "Ahhhh."
Firefighter: "Identified similarities between scrap analysis and records from history. Put together. That result."
Firefighter: "You made similar conclusion?" He gestures to your neutrino communicator.
Ingenue: "White. A system without planets that possesses 'the ring' and a lone x-ray star. We should go there. Soon. Please."
Michael Pearson: "Convergent engineering, I believe…"
Hrrin: "Mm, these were from a different source."
Firefighter: "Oh?"
Michael Pearson: "[We have reasons for our current destination, though I tend to agree.]"
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone else helping Michael get into the server?
[OOC] Abraham: Science to make a Tron digitalizer.
[OOC] WC GM: :P
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue will establish the data bridge. Also, would it be safe to say that the current information has been sorted into Nue's Evidential Database, which I could invoke then pass to Michael, since they're connected by Neu-comm?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] Ingenue: That'll be a +3 total for Michael's roll then.
[OOC] Ingenue: Or a +1 and a reroll, whichever is better.
[OOC] Alexander Morrello: gotta go, sorry
[OOC] WC GM: NP
[OOC] WC GM: Michael, rolling it?
[OOC] WC GM: If no one else is adding more?
[OOC] Ingenue: We could make maneuvers until eternity gets bored.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Sure. You ruled that my Aspect didn't….um.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Ingenue: that's why the Social Combat structure has a time limit. =p
[OOC] Michael Pearson: So this is gonna work my computer->Nue->server, then?
[OOC] WC GM: Apparently
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Cuz I only JUST connected that your response to my Communications roll implied that I would be using neutrino comms to activate, when my computer is still lacking in neutrino capability and thus I can't hack neutrino comms.
[OOC] Ingenue: Data bridges are fun and useful.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Alright, I'm gonna say that the result of my Comms roll was the maneuver "Well, we know the neutrino comm takes external signals…"
[OOC] WC GM: Works.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Then I'm gonna tag that, plus Abraham's "Provisional Terran-Kilrathi Communications Infrastructure," and my own Aspect "Information - the First Principle of Warfare" for a total of +6, holding Nue's personal Aspect in reserve for now.
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + + (Base: 10 Total: 12) (Communications to gain root access to the server)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Sufficient?
[OOC] Ingenue: Well, we're what, ten steps past Legendary on the ladder?
[OOC] Ingenue: ..four. I mean four.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: *wolfwhistle*
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Sure - this time. But Zinda likes freetags, so.
[OOC] Ingenue: I'm going to go get more tea and keep waking up. Its a process.
Michael manages to work out…ah, there's the password-equivalent, and translating Kilrathi logic concepts…THERE are the logs!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I don't have terribly much to do here. Or in this arc, really, hehe.
[OOC] WC GM: You have more to do than you think. ;)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: ….WAIT A SECOND.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Since when did Zinda have more Charm than Intimidation!?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Since she decided to put on a nice face for the rave/dance
As expected, few communications through the neutrino interface. Upload of…this almost looks like a blog. Video? No, more personal…a condensed memory log? It got translated into a movie, then the system suggested routing it where movies were desired.
Michael Pearson starts singing the hacking song softly and under his breath as he parses logs. Heggy joins in on the descant.
[OOC] Ingenue: Is the hacking song like the doom song?
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Yeah, maybe? I kinda just made it up as fluff.
Tracing back…ah, good, there are coordinates. …this can't be right: the coordinates are back in the jump point room. Maybe the signal came through? No - about five meters above the jump point, outside margin of error.
Michael Pearson: "Hmm. It looks like the movie came from about five meters above the local jump point. I'm….not sure how it could do that."
Hrrin raises eyebrows (and brow-whiskers). "Well then."
Firefighter: "…"
Ingenue files away all data into the database for later processing. DATA!
Michael Pearson: "Either something came through - which they say isn't possible - or something…dialed in between downtimes? Or something managed to get in through the cracks."
Wayne nods to the firefighter. "#Finish up here. I'll take them to investigate.#"
Michael Pearson: "That last seems the most probable - jump points are a jumble of twisted spacetime."
Michael Pearson pretends not to react to the way that Kilrathi speech makes his hairs stand on end. Heggy is doing the same - but given the amount of hair, it's a lot harder to hide.
[OOC] Ingenue: Nue: Query: Why are your follicles elevating of their own accord?
[OOC] Ingenue: What would knowledge of jump points fall under, science?
Zinda Tegram: "Well, let's go then."
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] Abraham: I would assume… k then.
Zinda Tegram falls in line behind Wayne.
Wayne leads the party back above the jump point room. Five meters is high enough that there is a ceiling (floor, from here) between the jump point and here.
Indeed, above is open sky - until the cloak dome far above, anyway.
Zinda Tegram: "Of course."
Zinda Tegram: "But then, why send the data here…"
There are a few unused pillars, just tall enough to be over the heads of any passers-by, but otherwise nothing is immediately in sight.
Zinda Tegram frowns. "Something feels…off."
The five meter above point is near the tops of the pillars.
Michael Pearson sniffs for packets.
Zinda Tegram: "It's almost as if…"
[OOC] WC GM: Conventional, neu-comm, or…?
[OOC] Ingenue: Yes.
Zinda Tegram stares really hard at that open sky above the jump point.
Zinda Tegram: "Do we have footage of this area from the fly-in?"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda: Alertness
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Conventional, I think.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - + + (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Alertness, tagging 'Abraham's private army')
Zinda's eyes narrow.
Zinda Tegram: "They're cloaked."
Michael only finds the conventional traffic he expects to find.
Hrrin: "Cloaked?"
Wayne: "Of course we're cloaked."
Zinda Tegram pulls her sidearm and jumps to cover, firing at the perceived cloaked object.
Zinda Tegram: "No you fool, the Nephilim is still here!"
Michael Pearson draws
Ingenue initiates active scan (sonar).
Zinda's shot ricochets off nothing.
Zinda Tegram: "Tch! Where'd you go…"
Michael Pearson does a targeted Neutrino-scream.
Hrrin reaches for her sidearm, alarmed.
The sky ripples and gets dark fast.
Michael Pearson: "Oh, shit."
Ingenue glances upwards. "Curious."
It takes but a few seconds to recognize the underside of a house-sized spaceship. A large house sized.
Zinda Tegram: "Sonofa…You cats blind?!"
Wayne just stands there, mouth open.
Ingenue: "[Analysis indicates: Troop transport. Too large to come through the jump point without being noticed.]"
Zinda Tegram: "Orbit! We need support!"
Abraham: "I assume that's not yours?"
Wayne: "No."
Zinda Tegram works her personal comm like mad, getting Sterne Lanze to take off.
Abraham: "Ah. We should deal with that then."
THEN sound the alarm klaxons.
Zinda Tegram: "Wayne. Wayne! The mechs!"
Michael Pearson: "I don't know what they can do from orbit. We're under a dome…"
Zinda Tegram: "Orbit can stop anything else in orbit from fucking us!"
Wayne: "They're coming! Fall back, FALL BACK!" He starts running as five ramps, each laden with troops, begin opening around the party.
Zinda Tegram: "God damn…"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: …Platoon combat next session, I take it?
Ingenue reaches out and taps the transport.
[OOC] WC GM: If you had a platoon.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: We got 30 minutes still. : 3
[OOC] Ingenue: We have Zinda. Who needs a platoon?
Zinda Tegram: "Wayne! I need something heavier!"
Abraham: "Aim for the ramps!"
Wayne is no longer present.
Abraham tries to shoot out one of the ramps before it disgorges too many troops.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Energy Weapons)
[OOC] Abraham: Best roll I've had all day.
[OOC] Abraham: Now watch, they're disembarking to surrender.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: From what I can recall, I think you've had one -2 and two -1s now. Not that bad, really.
[OOC] Abraham: True.
Michael Pearson calculates the odds in his head.
Michael Pearson looks around to find a good choke-point.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Tactics?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
Zinda Tegram pulls an EMP and throws it before following Wayne.
Hrrin runs after Zinda and Wayne
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: + 0 + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Tactics to place "Solid choke-point" on an arbitrary zone behind us.)
Zinda Tegram: "We need to knock out the jump point!"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda: Agility to throw it precisely.
Wayne: "What good will that do?"
Abraham: "Nice way to set up a choke point, Michael. Very impressive."
Michael Pearson: "What? They're coming through the jump point? How?"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Agility to place aspect 'jammed cargo doors')
Zinda Tegram: "They might!"
Zinda Tegram: "Just…just take it offline!"
Michael Pearson falls back to the choke point, waits for Heggy, then readies his pistol.
Michael's analysis shows Abraham's plan is a good one. A precisely aimed shout, and another ramp freezes.
Wayne: "Alright!" He runs down some stairs, presumably to do just as Zinda asks.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Neutrino shout?
[OOC] WC GM: Shout, as in neu-comm shout.
[OOC] Abraham: ah.
Three ramps are stuck; two continue to open.
[OOC] WC GM: Next actions? Ingenue?
Ingenue glances around, curiously. So much new data! A Nephilim ship, right here! The chance to analyze it cannot be lost. ((Alertness to scan the ship, using sensors; not really a maneuver, but might lead to declarations later.))
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 5 Total: 4) ((Scanning the ship))
[OOC] WC GM: Take a Fate point.
[OOC] Ingenue: Taken.
As the android scans to its heart-equivalent's content, the ramps finally open enough to allow weapons fire - and there is one prominent not-yet-retreated-or-in-cover target.
Zinda Tegram: "Metis!"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 - - (Base: 3 Total: 0) (Energy Weapons)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Energy Weapons)
Zinda Tegram: "Michael! You better cover me!"
[OOC] WC GM: Agility, or something else w/good explanation, to defend.
Zinda Tegram unclips her torch and exhales.
[OOC] Ingenue: Single defense roll, that applies to all attacks, yes?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Correct.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] WC GM: Two still-active ramps, so two attacks.
Ingenue pivots slightly, realigning the tiny crystalline plates to best deflect the incoming force. ((Stamina resist?))
[OOC] WC GM: Sure, but at -2: you're parrying blaster fire.
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: 0 - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) ((+2 defense from armor, minus penetration))
That would have taken off a flesh and bone arm. As it is, the skin sheathe is going to need some repair.
[OOC] WC GM: But take a Spin.
[OOC] WC GM: And 0 damage.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda/Hrrin/Abraham/Michael
Michael Pearson lays down some suppressing fire!
Zinda Tegram shakes a bit and makes a noise that sounds just short of crying.
Ingenue pauses, examining the new holes punched through the skin sheath. "Damage analysis: Negligible. The Nephilim appear hostile. Permission to deactivate safety protocols?"
Zinda Tegram: "Don't you EVER!"
Michael Pearson: "Take that! And that! And somma that!"
Zinda Tegram erupts from cover, sprinting straight towards one of the open ramps!
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Energy Weapons to place "Suppressed" on one of the ramps
Abraham takes aim at one of the remaining ramps.
Zinda Tegram: "EVER!"
[OOC] WC GM: Go for it.
Zinda Tegram makes a jump to the ramp.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + - + (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Energy Weapons)
Michael Pearson rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Energy Weapons)
Michael has to hold back as Zinda charges his target.
Zinda Tegram: "LAY A FINGER ON MY DAUGHTER!"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: That's…the best narration to the fail that I can think of =D
Michael Pearson: "Damnit, Zinda, if you want me to cover you then don't block my shots!"
Hrrin: "Do think she's thinking of -cover- at a time like this!?" Hrrin snaps, and tries to steady her carbine.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 8 Total: 9) (Gunnery for energy weapons, tagging don't you lay a finger on my daughter and abraham bounty's private army.)
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Can't tag both of those, they're personal aspects.
[OOC] WC GM: Tagging just the first is enough.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Awww. You're right.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Still!
The Nephilim see her coming, sense her intent - that ramp closes back up pronto, before she can counter-invade!
[OOC] Michael Pearson: That said, one of the rules of Diaspora is hold off on Aspects, cuz the GM should tell you if you need them =D
[OOC] Ingenue: Well. Aren't they smart Neph!
Zinda Tegram buries her torch in the transport's hull.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Aww, I wanted to capture it.
Cutting through the hull will take a few moments - but then, this is what boarding torches are designed for.
Michael Pearson: "Get back here, damnit!"
[OOC] WC GM: Next actions?
[OOC] Ingenue: There is one ramp still open?
Michael Pearson: "Call her back here, Admiral! They've been here for a week without attacking or even signalling. They're willing to talk but she opened fire!"
[OOC] WC GM: Four ramps damaged and nonoperational. One ramp operational but closed with an angry Zinda trying to cut through.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Compel "Oh, No! She's Got Out the Boarding Torch Again!"?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda's such a hothead. : 3 3 3
[OOC] WC GM: I could see that. One Fate Point for Zinda.
[OOC] Abraham: I have restrained all campaign from making that joke.
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Actually I was going for the Compel on Michael =p
[OOC] Michael Pearson: The best compel on Zinda would be the don't lay a finger.
[OOC] WC GM: Hmm…Michael's still got options. No compel yet.
Ingenue: "Analysis indicates the Nephilim ship has been inactive for a prolonged duration. Theory: It may have inserted itself as the dome was in the process of construction then powered down to act as a forward base for infiltration." ((While I don't expect anyone to hear Nue over combat, that's going over the Neu-comm as well.))
Hrrin: "They want to /talk/?"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: Okay, then.
Michael Pearson: "They sent the movie, didn't they?"
Hrrin: "Could've been a lone actor."
Hrrin: "If you're getting messages we aren't, Pearson, you've got to share."
Michael Pearson: "Metis'd be getting them, too. I don't want to start talking to them at the same time as I'm shooting at them, but I don't want to stop shooting at them while Zinda's still out there, DANGEROUSLY EXPOSED!"
[OOC] Michael Pearson: That last is shouted.
The floor shakes a bit. Two mechs are approaching from opposite sides.
Abraham: "Anyone recognize those giant robots?"
[OOC] Ingenue: If they aren't Kilrah defense mechs then they will soon be our toys.
[OOC] Abraham: Prep the Atlas.
Zinda Tegram glances to side, sees the robot, and returns to focusing on cutting her way into the ship.
[OOC] Hrrin: Hrrin's been here a while. She recognize 'em?
They do indeed appear to be Kilrathi security, finally arriving.
They rear back their fists, gearing up for a twin punch.
[OOC] Abraham: In their defense, do you have any idea how hard catnip doughnuts are to find?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Does this Punch look like it will hit me?
[OOC] WC GM: No, it's aimed squarely at the ship.
Zinda Tegram: "Not yet! I can capture it in one piece!"
The transport's engines light up.
[OOC] Ingenue: Zinda is somewhat close to the ship, and also using a boarding torch. Does it look like there might be a… negative interaction from the mech hitting the ship that could result in Zinda getting injured?
Zinda Tegram: "I can…!"
[OOC] WC GM: That is possible.
Zinda Tegram pushes herself to work even faster.
Abraham: "Zinda, if you think you can take that ship, go for it. We'll hold fire."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - + - (Base: 8 Total: 8) (Gunnery for energy weapons, the tool she has shown the utmost proficiency with, through reinforced hulls like a knife through…)
The ship begins lifting off just as Zinda gets an opening just large enough to jump through.
[OOC] WC GM: Jumping in?
Ingenue pauses, permutations running through its processors, calculating odds. "[Is access to the ship's interior a desirable outcome? Rapidity of response is a positive.]"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Of course!
And in Zinda goes!
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone else?
[OOC] Ingenue: waiting on response, probably from Michael since neu-comm
[OOC] Abraham: "Neph ship. If you think you can take that Zinda, go for it. We'll hold fire."
Michael Pearson: "[Yes?]"
Ingenue reaches up, fingers burying themselves into the ship's hull. "Increasing servo output to maximum." Then flips upward, latching onto the underside of the Nephilim vessel. "Reconfiguring hip and shoulder attachments." Then proceeds to skitter across the surface towards the opening, and Zinda.
[OOC] Ingenue: Roll?
[OOC] WC GM: Nah.
Ingenue latches onto the ship just as it takes off! The ship ascends, twin mecha punches meeting and just barely missing the ship (not to mention Ingenue).
And Zinda is face to many faces with the Nephilim.
Zinda Tegram snarls.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License