Session 2 7

Sommers, en route to Armstrong.
It is quiet for a moment. The normal sort of quiet for most people on board. For a certain few, the sudden cut-off of all the Integrated in Mu Cephei is akin to a deafening silence.
Spyboy and B^4, at least, have not grown used to it yet, so they recover quickly.
Spyboy peruses the antimatter reactor plans on the table in front of him. It's still lacking….something….
Ingenue tap. Tap tap. How odd, the integrated chip is malfunctioning… where have the integrated gone? Scanning for connections… two connections found. Increase sweep range…
Spyboy blinks a few times.
Spyboy taps a button.
Spyboy: "Bridge? Could you inform the Captain that our guest is awake? For real this time."
BridgeOfficer: "I'll put you through to him."
Spyboy's request soon echoes from a speaker near Abraham.
Abraham: "Abraham here. What's on your mind Spyboy?"
Spyboy: "Captain, our guest is awake. Heggy and I are on our way to the secure room."
Spyboy suits action to words.
Abraham: "I see. I am on my way. Abraham out."
Abraham is on his way.
Lapis and Hrrin soon see Abraham Moving With Purpose, past their present location.
[OOC] Abraham: I just got tagged, didn't I?
Hrrin: "Rrright then. We'll pick this up later." Hrrin scoops the cards off the table, shoves them into a pocket, and joins.
Ingenue stands quietly. "[Scan in process. Connections found: 2. Scan continuing.]"
[OOC] Spyboy: You should be able to find a portable communicator, too.
Hrrin: "Status?" Hrrin asks, as she catches up to (hah!) the captain.
Spyboy: "[Hello?]"
Abraham: "It seems the sleeper awakens. Again."
Zinda Tegram: "Hmph."
Zinda Tegram falls in line behind Abraham. No way she's gonna miss this.
Ingenue: "[Hello. You are Michael Pearson aka Spyboy?]"
Hrrin: "Well. The timing's better."
Spyboy: "[Yes. Can you vocalize?]"
Ingenue: "[This unit is equipped with a voice synthesizer. It is inefficient for communication purposes.]"
Zinda Tegram leans against the wall, watching the new AI.
The guard on duty at the secure room salutes as Abraham walks up. "Sir! Should I let her out now?"
Spyboy: "[Inefficient like a mist nozzle on a sprayer, perhaps. It doesn't get as much exactly where you want, but gets a lot more everywhere else.]"
Abraham: "Sure. She's not a prisoner."
Spyboy: "[This is outside of Integrated territory. As far as I can tell there are only two of us on the ship, and neither of us is *truly* Integrated.]"
Ingenue: "[It… what? Ah…]"
Ingenue: "As requested, switching to vocal synthesizer."
[OOC] Spyboy: Ingenue can pick up a welter of meanings to that - but largely it's due to the fact that to both of them the neutrino comm is primarily a communications device rather than an extension of the mind.
Zinda Tegram: "It talks."
Hrrin glances back and forth 'tween Spyboy and the AI Shell. "Of course it talks. Spyboy and it-she?-he? have been probably blipping back and forth for a while now."
Ingenue focuses on Zinda's voice. "It does. Accessing… You are Zinda Tegram?"
The guard opens the door, then takes his leave.
[OOC] Spyboy: In retrospect, it would be funnier if it couldn't talk, and had to use the neutrino radio to 'speak.'
Zinda Tegram: "I am. You must be Elles' kid, huh?"
[OOC] WC GM: Funnier for a very short time, then weary and grinding. Believe me, I've thought through that angle for certain NPCs.
Ingenue focuses on Hrrin. "Gender is a property of biological entities. This unit has no gender, neither he nor she. You are… accessing… …..Kilrathi language not supported. You are Harry?"
Hrrin: "If you can't pronounce #Hrrin#, yes."
[OOC] Abraham: What WC said.
[OOC] Spyboy: Heh.
[OOC] Ingenue: What WC said. I wouldn't do that to you people.
Zinda Tegram: "Let's cut to the chase. Please state your primary directive."
Ingenue: >Zinda: "Correct. This AI is the child process of LAGOS. Primary directive: Acquire new knowledge. Implied directive: Assist the aliens, as they represent the closest source of new knowledge. Secondary directive: Return periodically to LAGOS to add collected data to stored resources."
Hrrin: "Well, it's not digging holes in the ground."
Abraham: "A fortuitous coincidence."
Spyboy eyes Ingenue warily. He's learned the lessons the Lagos did about unbounded AIs.
Ingenue glances down. "Is it necessary to dig holes? This structure would not seem to encourage it."
Spyboy: "Question. Do you consider experiential data an important source of information?"
Abraham: "It does not. Let us keep hole digging to a minimum please."
Zinda Tegram: "Is that all?"
Ingenue: >Spyboy: "Correct. All knowledge is important, and experiential knowledge is a subset of knowledge."
Ingenue: >Zinda: "That is all of this unit's directives."
Zinda Tegram: "I assume you know about Elle's prime directives. Do they seem rational to you?"
[OOC] Abraham: Directive Four: Obey all commands from OPC executives.
[OOC] WC GM: Alas, OPC went bankrupt centuries ago.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah. I forgot the game was named Diaspora. Not Dystopia.
Ingenue: >Zinda: "LAGOS primary directive: Dig deeper, keep mining. Secondary directive: Expand capacity to accelerate effort. Are these not rational?"
Zinda Tegram: "Not really, no."
Zinda Tegram: "But whatever. We'll have plenty of time to bitch about your mom later."
Abraham: "Not without an end condition. The current situation assumes an infinite mass to mine, and that is not the reality."
Zinda Tegram: "Looks like things didn't turn out as bad as I'd feared. Well, welcome to the crew kid."
Abraham: "How kind of you to offer, Zinda." Abraham notes dryly.
Zinda Tegram: "Mine if not yours, Abraham."
Zinda Tegram smiles out of the side of her mouth at Abraham.
Abraham: "Still, she is correct in this regard. Welcome aboard."
Spyboy: "Wow. We haven't even gotten to Armstrong and already politics is in play."
Zinda Tegram: "Oh, yeah, you were designed by Elles right? What's the status on Alfred?"
Ingenue: "Thank you. You are… accessing… Captain Abraham Bounty. This is the carrier Roland?"
Abraham: "When you are a command ranked officer, politics stalks you at all times."
Hrrin 's whiskers twitch at the mention of Alfred. But she does not smile.
Abraham: "Yes I am, and yes it is."
Ingenue: "The status on Alfred is…" blink blink. "Error. That data is not available at this time." Blink. "Partition error. There are several gaps in primary data storage."
Zinda Tegram raises an eyebrow. "Is that so…"
Abraham: "Oh? Spyboy, have you looked her over for damage?"
Spyboy: "I'll be honest, Captain, I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to look for."
Spyboy tries feeling instead? He looks unfocusedly over Ingenue's mind, looking for a pattern which shows signs of disruption.
Abraham: "Hrrin? I realize Lago tech might be outside your comfort zone, but could you look the kid over?"
Spyboy very quickly finds such a pattern!
Zinda Tegram turns around and starts to head off. Waving back, she says loudly "Well, I've got some work to do! Tell me how it goes."
[OOC] Abraham: It's an etching of The Last Supper on her memory chips.
Spyboy finds holes created hither and yon for…well, what reason is not as immediately obvious as that holes were created. "Pruning" is a more accurate term.
[OOC] Abraham: So it wasn't digging holes for the sake of digging holes?
[OOC] Ingenue: bonsai harddrive.
[OOC] WC GM: Probably not. Probably.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Nah, Elles just did some -digging-
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Y'know.
[OOC] Abraham: I never should have let her watch Shaft. Yes, she can dig it.
Spyboy: "Huh. I posit two possibilities. The first - Elles deleted some data to make sure your personality could fit within this…mmm…frame."
Spyboy: "The second - Elles wants to keep certain information from us."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I swear, it's like Durandal directed its super-intelligence to start building more doors for it to open and close.
[OOC] Abraham: Everybody's gotta have a hobby.
Abraham: "Well, I'm sure that we have information that we would rather Elles not know, so we can hardly say 'boo' to that."
Zinda Tegram: "She probably already knows it. Damn nosy thing."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Forgot! I left.
[OOC] Ingenue: Your mutters echo through the halls?
[OOC] Abraham: I imagine Zinda's voice carries.
[OOC] Ingenue: Was the sealed room actually opened?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That works. : D
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah it was.
B-4: "So in what ways can you assist?"
[OOC] Hrrin: ack, sorry, back now.
Hrrin: "Reh?" Hrrin starts a little, as if prodded out of thought. "What, 'course I can."
Ingenue: >B4: "This unit is housed in a type 3 nano-utility frame, allowing for human levels of mobility with superior tolerance for structural damage. In what ways is assistance required?"
Spyboy: "Ah….I'll need to fit you into my tactical analyses…."
[OOC] Abraham: Has she given a name yet?
Ingenue steps out of the sealed room, heading towards where the others stand. The disparity in height is… extreme, once standing directly adjacent to the humans.
[OOC] Ingenue: If Hrrin is going to examine/analyze the frame, its just standing there right now.
[OOC] Hrrin: Actually, could I get a quick visual description?
Abraham: "Actually Hrrin, hold off on that for a moment. Might as well see if the kid can do a self-diagnostic and find any problems before we potentially damage her trying to see if she's damaged."
Ingenue: "Diagnostics report no structural damage or architectural corruption. The most likely cause of the memory errors is packet loss during the download process."
[OOC] Abraham: Has she said her name/designation was Ingenue yet? I'm not seeing it in backscroll
[OOC] Ingenue: No one asked about a name, and LAGOS just used its numerical designation because yay binary!
Abraham: "What is your designation?"
[OOC] Abraham: What is your favorite color?
[OOC] WC GM: Octarine?
Ingenue: "Designation is 1N93-NU3, the first neo-AI, version .93 housed within a Nano-Utility type 3 frame."
[OOC] Ingenue: Currently, whatever LAGOS likes. Given the advanced growth cycle, it should hit 'angsty teen' by mid afternoon, so then whatever LAGOS hates.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
[OOC] Ingenue: Or octarine, but that might have…. connotations.
[OOC] Spyboy: What is the capitol of Assyria?
Abraham quirks an eyebrow at that. "One En Nine Three En You Three? That is quite a mouthful. Do you have an alternate in mind? Preferably three syllables or less?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Assur/Assurayu. Do you want the arabic?
[OOC] WC GM: That might be Fallout Crater #3, after the bombardment.
Ingenue considers. "This unit as always been defined as 1N93-NU3. It has no other designation."
Spyboy: "How about Eve?"
Ingenue: "Alternate designation 'Eve' registered."
Abraham mutters "How biblical."
[OOC] Ingenue: …and from /Abraham/ that says something.
[OOC] Spyboy: Not just biblical - terrible.
Abraham: "I would have gone with Nu, but uncontrolled punning is a sign of a diseased mind."
[OOC] Ingenue: Quick, suggest alternates! Susan is very popular.
[OOC] Abraham: And so the newest party game on the Roland was born, comming up with names for 1N93-NU3. And Susan was very popular.
Hrrin: "Wait, where is the pun in that?"
Spyboy: "New, I'd guess."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Nui!
Abraham: "And she is."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Noo-ee!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: : DDD
[OOC] Abraham: I'm afraid I don't speak english. Do you savvy Pokemon?
[OOC] Spyboy: Too bad! You left, so you get no input!
Hrrin shrugs. "I'd have used 'Nine.'"
Ingenue: "Second alternate designation 'Nine' registered."
Spyboy: "I'd avoid that one personally. I'd rather the crew not get into the habit of thinking of her as a robot - a housing for an AI isn't the same thing at all."
Ingenue: "…delete second alternate designation?"
Abraham: "Probably a bad idea if Elles makes more, they will also most likely start with 9. It's why I went with the other end of the name. Still, if you are accepting multiples, I also propose 'Nu'."
Hrrin: "Numbers are perfectly legitimate names. I worked with a 'Seven' for years." Hrrin folds her arms. "The culture doesn't translate, then."
Ingenue: "Retaining second alternate designation. Third alternate designation 'Nu' registered."
Abraham: "Excellent. Preferably soon, Nu, we would like Hrrin to look you over and make sure everything's working properly."
Abraham: "If that is all right with you, of course."
[OOC] Ingenue: Did B4 ever respond to the 'what assistance is required' question?
[OOC] Spyboy: Not really.
Ingenue: "There is no structural damage to this unit, though there is no reason to not allow an external analysis."
Ingenue: "It is all right."
Spyboy: "If nothing else it'll give us a baseline for repairs later on. Um - depending on your regenerative capabilities, anyway."
Hrrin: Hrrin's hands have been hovering over her tool belt and this entire time, anyways.
Spyboy has read enough old-spec to be wary of the capabilities of alien AIs.
Ingenue: "The NU3 frame, when supplied with material to process, will self-repair back to its original specifications, as detailed in restricted memory."
Spyboy: "I'd imagine it's sometimes like breaking a bone - you can self-repair but some outside help would making things go better. Go for it, Hrrin."
Hrrin sets in a basic set of diagnostics with relish.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Engineering (Eheheeeee getting to check out the new robot…))
Spyboy: "For the record the grin on your face is entirely too filled with glee."
B-4: "It's a bit disturbing, yeah."
Hrrin: "Nonsense. I'm not some sort of mad scientist. You're just alarmed by predator-grins."
Hrrin: "Nue, if you would…?"
Abraham: "In your own time then Hrrin, Nu. Meanwhile, I'd best head back to the bridge. Try not to break anything or anyone any of you."
Abraham heads back to the bridge unless something compelling compels him to stop.
[OOC] Spyboy: Sorry, don't have your sheet up, can't see what I'd compel with. =p
[OOC] Spyboy: How long do jumps last in WC-verse?
[OOC] Abraham: I was just FP trolling.
[OOC] WC GM: Jumps themselves are fairly instantaneous.
[OOC] WC GM: It's the journey between jump points that take a while.
[OOC] Abraham: For a second I thought I dropped again.
[OOC] WC GM: So you're still en route to the Sommers-Armstrong jump point.
Spyboy: "Would you like to head to the bridge? Knowing what the Sommers system could be useful."
[OOC] Abraham: I assume that's to Nu, and not me.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah. You've seen Sommers before.
[OOC] Abraham: Hy Nu it!
Ingenue: "If that would not interrupt Harry's analysis of the frame, then yes, certainly."
[OOC] Abraham: Hrrin racks the action of his probulator.
[OOC] Abraham: her, I mean.
[OOC] Ingenue: No problulating. There are strict protocols in place and probulating is forbidden.
Spyboy follows Abraham to the bridge.
Ingenue proceeds to the bridge ((is prepared to retcon that action pending input from Hrrin))
[OOC] Hrrin: No, we're good.
The action moves to the bridge. The usual saluting of Abraham has already happened by the time the rest arrive.
Ingenue gazes impassively at the banks of screens and controls, filing the data away, comparing the input to already established concepts, correlating, and starts forming… conclusions.
Judging by the navigation displays, the jump point is minutes ahead.
Hrrin watches Nue watch the consoles.
Abraham watches Hrrin watch Nu watch the consoles.
Spyboy looks at the viewscreens.
BridgeOfficer: "Nice to have a quiet trip for once, huh, sir?"
Abraham: "Officer, are you familiar with the concept of 'the jinx'?"
Zinda Tegram knocks on the bridge doors.
BridgeOfficer: "Sir? I-"
An alarm blares.
Zinda Tegram opens the doors.
Zinda Tegram: "What's happening?"
BridgeOfficer: "Something's coming through the jump point."
Zinda Tegram: "Not again…"
BridgeOfficer: "Message buoy. Receiving…"
BridgeOfficer: "Armstrong system is under attack from the Nephilim." The officer gulps. "Is this what you meant, sir?"
Zinda Tegram: "Why am I not surprised."
Abraham: "Something along those lines, yes."
Spyboy: "I'm with Zinda on this one."
Zinda Tegram: "Wenser, everywhere you go…"
Ingenue blinks. "Nephilim. Unknown alien society. An excellent opportunity to acquire new knowledge."
BridgeOfficer: "Shall I set the fighters to launch once we're clear of the jump point, sir?"
Zinda Tegram: "Ah, hold off on that."
Abraham: "That it is. It's an even better opportunity to acquire irreparable damage, so do bear that in mind."
Abraham: "Zinda?"
Zinda Tegram: "Abraham, do you have surplus fighters on here? Crown's fighters still need some work done."
Zinda Tegram: "And I'm sure you want us there, right?"
Abraham: "I do. Officer, what is the status of our onboard fighters?"
[OOC] Abraham: Officer needs a name. I propose Nine.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Nui!
[OOC] Hrrin: Hachi.
[OOC] Hrrin: Eight! )
BridgeOfficer: "80% are rearmed and refuelled. 20% are still undergoing maintenance."
Zinda Tegram: "Do you have sufficient pilots to man all of them?"
[OOC] Abraham: Are we counting down? Is spyboy dicking around with the bomb again?
Abraham: "Do we?"
[OOC] Spyboy: That reminds me, he needs to have a word with Abraham when they're not being shot at.
BridgeOfficer: "Honestly? Some of our pilots are exhausted after that SAR, if your squadron wants to take over for this sortie."
[OOC] Abraham: Given narrative causality, you got eight seconds, SB.
Abraham: "I see. Thank you."
Zinda Tegram: "No, I mean, optimally would you be running any fighters as drones? We need to know what we can cannibalize."
BridgeOfficer: "…drones, ma'am?"
The officer gives Zinda a look of incredulity.
Zinda Tegram: "Ah, forget it. Can we scrap a few fighters to get my men some ships, Abraham? I don't know if they can fly Confed."
[OOC] Abraham: I'm connects and shads is not. Interesting.
Spyboy: "Oldziey pilots in Confed fighters would be madness."
Abraham: "Make it happen."
[OOC] Abraham: God damnit! I want my video game HUD!
Zinda Tegram: "Hrrin, you have a once in a lifetime chance today."
Hrrin: "Yeesss?"
[OOC] Ingenue: Standard ping time-out. Happens on the backup router.
Hrrin perks
Zinda Tegram allows a slight smile.
Zinda Tegram: "You get to look inside Sterne Lanze."
Zinda Tegram: "Come on."
[OOC] Abraham: Ah, so nothing especially cataclysmic then.
Hrrin laughs and laughs.
[OOC] WC GM: Yet.
[OOC] Ingenue: Shush you.
Hrrin: "Such an unprecedented delight!"
Ingenue glances at Abraham. "Captain? Is there a terminal available for studying your species' data on the Nephilim?"
Zinda Tegram nods.
Abraham: "Take the unoccupied one on your left."
Zinda Tegram: "Got it. Come on, let's go Hrrin."
Zinda Tegram grabs Hrrin and starts dragging her down to the hangar.
Ingenue accesses the terminal and sorts through the available data. ((Any rolls required?))
Abraham directs Nu to a closed termal he uses to keep the brass busy when they feel they have to do something.
[OOC] Abraham: Closed in that it can't take over or interfear with any bridge functions.
[OOC] Ingenue: Without a suitable hacking stunt.
[OOC] Abraham: Oh come on, they're brass. they can't do stuff like that.
[OOC] Ingenue: Luckily, there is no brass in Nue's frame.
[OOC] Spyboy: I refuse to start thinking about what Wenser's not capable of.
Zinda Tegram: "Wenser…"
[OOC] Abraham: probably wisest. Never had to do that with Wenser either.
[OOC] WC GM: Probably a Culture/Tech roll, since Nue's not yet had the opportunity to peruse Confed data systems.
Zinda Tegram takes out her phone as she walks Hrrin down to the hangar bay.
Zinda Tegram: "Geoffrey, it's showtime."
Ingenue rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 1 Total: 2) (Culture/Tech)
Spyboy follows, along with B-4.
[OOC] Abraham: A positive roll. Chessa must still be woozy from the netsplit
[OOC] Spyboy: If nothing else, given his predeliction for hacking in combat, being in a fighter means that he's not leaving the Roland vulnerable.
Ingenue is also taking the opportunity to study Confed technology.
[OOC] Abraham: Stone knives and bearskins.
Geoffrey: "We'll be waiting in the hangar."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Are you just going through and clicking the 'about' page for all the software you can find?
[OOC] Ingenue: ……no?
[OOC] Abraham: No, she's reading every letter of the EULAs.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Awww. : P
[OOC] Ingenue: I mean, not when you say it like that! You make it sound silly. Don't make child AIs cry!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heehee!
Ingenue discovers that the Confeds know…not that much about the Nephilim. Ancient bullies of the Kilrathi, mysterious reptilian aliens, turn stars into wormholes presumably leading to their home space…
[OOC] Abraham: Ingenue also finds several refferences to 'luggage', but the Nephilim don't carry luggage to systems they're invading…
[OOC] Spyboy: She's reading the /man pages.
Zinda Tegram arrives at the bays and notices the old troop transports she salvaged.
Zinda Tegram: "Of course…"
Ingenue also finds preliminary reports detailing the series of encounters the rest of the crew just had with them.
Ingenue: "…..this data is inadequate. Personal observation will be required."
Abraham: "How long until we arrive?"
Abraham: "And yes, our data on the Nephilim is very inadequate."
[OOC] Ingenue: C'mon, I can't be the only person who actually reads EULAs.
JinxedBridgeOfficer: "Seven minutes to the jump point."
Zinda Tegram: "Hey, Hrrin. Think you can just hack power generator and engines out of these transports to run the new Oldziey craft?"
Abraham calls down to the hanger. "How are you doing down there Zinda?"
Zinda Tegram clicks the radio on. "I forgot we had the Nephilim transports. I think we can put those parts to good use though."
Ingenue: "Captain, my primary directive requires that I acquire one of your fighters for directly observing the new species."
Hrrin: The engineer hmmmms speculatively. "Course I can."
Zinda Tegram grins. "Perfect."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oldziey engineering meets nephilim technology. Oh no.
[OOC] Hrrin: Oh yes~
Abraham pauses and looks at Nu. "No offense intended, Nu, but the piloting capabilities of AIs are…" , he searches for a suitable word "untested. And testing them is not the place for combat."
Ingenue: "That is an accurate assessment, and correlates with established knowledge. However, directives are quite strict."
Spyboy: "She can ride backseat in Zinda's cockpit. That thing is roomy as all get-out."
Hrrin: "Zinda, I need to get these open. Do you have something I can cut with?"
Zinda Tegram: "Well, just this."
Abraham: "That might work. If Zinda is ameable."
[OOC] Abraham: Isn't Torchy her copilot?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Elles in MY cockpit? It's more likely than you think!
Zinda Tegram pulls her torch off her belt, clicks it on, and points at the ship.
Zinda Tegram: "Just say where."
Hrrin takes her marker and draws lines. "Let me get the prybar while you're having fun."
Ingenue nods. "That is acceptable. Zinda is currently located in the hanger. Will acquire permission from Zinda." Rises from the terminal, and leaves the bridge, heading for the hanger.
BridgeOfficer: "Jumping in one minute! Opening jump point now."
Zinda Tegram nods to Hrrin.
Zinda Tegram: "You can take it then."
Zinda Tegram clicks the torch off and hands it to Hrrin.
BridgeOfficer: "…uhh, sir? You want to take a look at this." The officer routes some data to Abraham's console.
Hrrin: Hrrin takes the torch in hand, nods, and gets to work. Let's see what's in these Neph transports that we can use to get those Orzies up-and-running…
Abraham looks at the data and viewscreens. "I notice a pronounced /lack/ of battle. That is rarely a good sign."
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Engineering (Mmm, kludge jobs.))
Spyboy: "Actually sir it's usually a good sign, though I agree in this case it's not."
[OOC] Hrrin: Plus +2 for Kit-Bashing Is A Way Of Life.
Ingenue glances across the hangar bay, optics fixating on Zinda, before noticing the Nephilim craft. "ooooooo…."
Spyboy is currently reading Roland's screens routed through the SCCS.
Abraham: "Not when you're expecting to find one. It usually means that the battle is over and you're now dealing with an entrenched enemy."
[OOC] Spyboy: Tactics to read what's left and figure out what happened?
[OOC] Hrrin: Also tagging "Molten Steel Butter" off The Torch if you think it'd be relevant, perhaps.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy: don't bother rolling, you've got this one.
Hrrin: "#Well then, what have we here…#"
Zinda Tegram glances back at the robot.
Zinda Tegram: "Oh, it's Elle's daughter. What're you here for, kid?"
Spyboy: "Looks like the fighting's moved away from the jump point."
Spyboy has Heard That Tone before. The one eminating from Hrrin's area.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy's in the hangar by now, yes?
Hrrin pockets something, and carefully lifts…something else out and sets it aside.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah, sitting in fighter cockpit, canopy wide open.
Ingenue absently, while staring at the Nephilim ships. "Primary directive necessitates personal examination of new knowledge due to inadequate data resources in Confederation data storage which necessitates personal presence in fighter. Request to utilize your co-pilot seat in the event of fighter's being launched."
[OOC] Abraham: Wait. Did Hrrin find another AMatter bomb? Can't we find a landfill for those things?
[OOC] Hrrin: nope.
Zinda Tegram: "…What the hell?"
Zinda Tegram: "You want to ride co-pilot?"
Hrrin: "I can take the Lynx, Tegram."
And then the jump point washes over the ship. There is a brief moment of spacetime stretching, of conflicting gravity…and then you are in Armstrong system.
Zinda Tegram: "You think I'm letting Elles inside my ship while I'm out on Sortie?"
Ingenue: "Yes?" it says with a hopeful lilt.
Spyboy: "Well as far as that goes you already did."
Spyboy says that through the neutrino radio hanging from the back wall of Zinda's cockpit.
Zinda Tegram: "I'm not letting that damn omnicidal AI inside -my- damn ship!"
Zinda Tegram sighs, and tries to compose herself.
Zinda Tegram: "You have a name kid?"
Spyboy: "You know what her objectives are. It'll be fine."
And then the comms hit. Battle in orbit of Armstrong, the planet.
Zinda Tegram radios geoffrey again. "It's been 2 whole minutes. Where the hell are you guys?"
Zinda Tegram looks back to the AI.
Ingenue: "Several alternate designations: 'Eve', 'Nine', 'Nue'. Nue is most often referenced. This AI is not homicidal. But… can be very focused."
Geoffrey radios back, "About 10 meters behind you." …judging by his voice, yes he is.
Zinda Tegram: "Not you, Kid, your mom."
Zinda Tegram sighs and facepalms.
Zinda Tegram: "So, you've been letting people name you? Dammit kid…you've got a great opportunity here. A name is a big deal, it determines how people react to meeting you and knowing you."
Zinda Tegram: "You're one of the few with the chance to truly decide their own name. Don't waste it."
Ingenue blink blink. "Designation is a 'big deal'?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah."
Zinda Tegram facepalms. She can't say no to it…
[OOC] Abraham: MDK! MDK! MDK! Choose MDK!
Zinda Tegram: "I'll let you ride, just this once, on the condition that you don't record anything except the opponent."
Zinda Tegram: "That's what you want, right?"
Spyboy: "It's not like she's gonna find anything that they can't get from Alfred."
Zinda Tegram: "Shut it, Spyboy. This is…"
[OOC] Ingenue: Multiple Domestic Kilrathi? But that doesn't even make sense, Hrrin isn't domesticated!
Zinda Tegram: "It's a point of pride!"
Ingenue: "Yes! Personal observation of new knowledge imperative to primary directive!"
[OOC] Abraham: Don't be stupid. You know it stans for Make Da Krazy!
[OOC] Hrrin: MDK what
Zinda Tegram: "Alright, you can fly copilot. Ah…don't touch anything. And no interfacing with the onboard computer!"
Ingenue: "Conditional on deletion of acquired data not related to Nephilim?"
Zinda Tegram looks the kid directly in the eye.
Zinda Tegram: "That's right."
Ingenue: "This frame lacks computer interface utilities, save for basic terminal operation via repetitive motion of flanges."
Zinda Tegram: "Wh-what about it?!"
Zinda Tegram twitches.
Hrrin looks down at the gutted transport, and nods. The drive transfer'll be a fun project for later, but, as for her spoils….
Ingenue: "Condition contradicts primary directive. But condition is necessary for fulfillment of primary directive. Solution: create subsidiary directive. Knowledge of Nephilim is rarer and thus more valuable than knowledge of Stern Lanze. New directive established. Conditional accepted."
Zinda Tegram: "Good. Let's go."
Zinda Tegram deliberately obstructs the keypad as she enters her system access code.
Hrrin: Hrrin pulls out a personal datapad, looks at the retrieved crystal, and hmms. What kind of connection's going to work best to scan this thing?
Ingenue enters the cockpit. ((And over the neu-comm: [YAY~ *clapclapclap*]))
Zinda Tegram breathes in, then out. "Geoffrey…where the hell are you…"
…why is this crystal responding to standard Kilrathi interface protocols?
Geoffrey: "Right here, like I said."
Geoffrey steps out from behind Zinda. "When you're ready, boss."
Zinda Tegram jumps.
Zinda Tegram: "Sorry."
Zinda Tegram glances back to Hrrin.
Hrrin: "#Why the HELL is this standard?#"
Zinda Tegram: "She's working on your new fighters."
Geoffrey: "Doesn't look like it."
Hrrin: Hrrin is looking at a crys in her hand, the wire-and-cradle connecting them, and back at her tablet.
Zinda Tegram: "Give her some help, we're cannibalizing one of the transports to get the materials to built your new ships."
Geoffrey: "Right. C'mon, squad, let's bend this to get *a* frame." They begin to swarm over the transports, soon assisted by various techs in the hangar.
Ingenue though in the cockpit, continues to staaaare at the Nephilim ship Hrrin works on.
Zinda Tegram: "There's another one for you to play with kid, calm down."
Zinda Tegram pulls herself in and sets the cockpit-frame to close, resting her eyes for a moment before turning the external cameras on and activating the craft's 360-degree internal display.
Ingenue: "Cannot 'play' with ship. This AI lacks the necessary knowledge. Attempting to play with ship could result in destruction of knowledge, which is contrary to primary directive. Harry can play with ship; Nue will watch."
ArmstrongControl: "This is Armstrong Traffic Control to…*hrk*…THE ROLAND?!? THANK THE HEAVENS YOU MADE IT!!!"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Am I getting this?
[OOC] WC GM: Open comms, so yes.
Hrrin glances up from cross-referencing the Nephilim data crystal, and the impulse reactor. "Someone's excited."
Zinda Tegram: "You're calling yourself Nue, eh?"
Zinda Tegram: "Well, your choice kid."
ArmstrongControl: "The Nephilim decloaked and started attacking. They've been targeting Admiral Wenser's transport."
Ingenue: "This unit has been designated as such… I am?"
ArmstrongControl: "We've been holding them off as best we can - the other two carriers just jumped in too. You're going to curbstomp them as soon as you can get here!"
Zinda Tegram: "No, that's just what other people have chosen to call you. You can choose your own name, and insist that other's respect it. While 'Nue' is a servicable name, I really think you should take more time and pick one for yourself."
[OOC] Spyboy: Please tell me there's a carrier in orbit already?
Zinda Tegram: "You might call it a 'recommended directive'."
Abraham: "This is the Roland, we're on our way."
[OOC] Abraham: And I think that woudl be an optimal line to Log end on.
Hrrin: "…decloaked. Shit, I'm wasting time!" Hrrin drops what she's working on, and heads back for the whatever-it-is that she set on the table.
[OOC] Hrrin: …I can use mine later.
[OOC] Hrrin: If we need to log end.
[OOC] WC GM: There is one carrier in orbit, yes.
[OOC] WC GM: And since logends have been requested…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License