Session 2 5

Spyboy: "Oh….shit. Is that what I think it is?"
Hrrin: "Hull brreach." Hrrin nods grimly.
It certainly sounds like a hull breach. Minus the alarms, but there is reason to believe those may have been disabled.
Zinda Tegram looks out towards the Nephilim, to see the result of her indiscretion.
Spyboy sweeps to pull his sidearm - maybe he can help block the hull breach with Nephilim bodies. But he doesn't have it, Zinda does.
Abraham: "We need to get out of this section before it's sealed off!"
The marines and civilians seem to mindshare with Abraham, already bugging out.
Zinda Tegram: "What about the civilians?"
Abraham: "We'll get them out to. I'm not leaving anyone behind."
Hrrin: "Herd them to the exits, and hope no one stampedes."
Abraham starts maneuvering civies out.
Zinda Tegram: "We can handle being sealed off, We can navigate around the outside of the station back to the hangars if we need to."
Zinda Tegram scans around, trying to find the breach.
Spyboy: "It's not gonna work."
Spyboy: "This area's too large to seal off."
Spyboy: "We're gonna have to seal the breach."
Hrrin: "Precisely."
The exits are…actually, looking up? What exits? This is one large, mostly open area.
[OOC] WC GM: Think of the inside of Babylon 5.
Spyboy assumes we're not being shot at by the Nephilim, so that's taken care of at least.
[OOC] WC GM: Or other open-area cylindrical space stations.
Indeed, though smoke obscures the Nephilim, no shots come from that way.
[OOC] WC GM: Alertness or Science checks.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Alertness)
[OOC] Spyboy: My thought - http://www.terasemweb.org/images/Stanford_Torus.jpg
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 1 Total: 0)
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, that's a pretty good model. Though straight rather than curved: the "roof" is inhabited too.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 2 Total: -2) (Alertness)
[OOC] WC GM: Good morning Chessa.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (For Science!)
[OOC] Spyboy: I thought I'd specified it as a spin-hab station.
[OOC] Hrrin: ….You know, bugger that. Tagging "Stalking the Ships of Home" on account of Hrrin's grown up on ships and habs and re-rolling.
[OOC] WC GM: I thought it was spinning around central axis inside the inhabited volume?
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 2)
[OOC] WC GM: If it's torus, that works too.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway, everyone but Spyboy gets something. PMing…
[OOC] Abraham: PM @ Spyboy: Space sucks.
Zinda Tegram: "It's not a breach!"
Zinda Tegram rushes the smoke, torch alight.
[OOC] Spyboy: No ears popping, I take it?
Abraham: "It's either not a breach, or /that's/ not smoke."
[OOC] Spyboy: Oooh
The smoke ripples the moment Zinda touches it. Hologram.
Zinda Tegram clicks on her EM visor. Let's find the projector.
Abraham heads after Zinda, to make sure she doesn't cause another (?) breach.
The projector was hastily dropped and quick-glued next to the breach. Zinda sees the last of the battlesuited - and quite vacuum-proof - Nephilim ducking out the breach and running away along the hull's outer surface.
Zinda Tegram slashes the smoke projector and floats a sensor orb out the hole before grabbing one of the nephilim battle suits and starting to weld it over the hole with her torch.
Abraham: "Everyone suit up and let's get after them. I'm certain the station crew can handle this breach."
Hrrin: "The station crrew of a station under siege?"
Abraham: "The siege is leaving."
The breach is large enough that five of the suited corpses are needed to seal the breach, but it can be sealed this way - with a few minutes' effort.
Abraham: "Though Zinda seems to have found an expedient … patchwork… solution."
Outside, the Nephilim seem to be running for a rally point back toward the hangars. A few turrets take potshots at them.
Hrrin: "There's a very potent visual metaphor here,"
Abraham: "Zinda, can you have your squadron intercept?"
Zinda Tegram: "Better."
Zinda Tegram brings up her wrist computer and starts setting Sterne Lanze on an intercept course to do strafing runs.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 + (Base: 6 Total: 8) (Gunnery, from the ship.)
The turrets might have trouble shooting at targets on the hull, but the Sterne Lanze? Fish. Barrel.
Abraham: "I would like at least one alive, but I won't shed any tears if I don't get one."
Zinda aptly demonstrates how close air support can apply even in the absence of air.
[OOC] WC GM: So what's everyone else doing while SuperZinda saves the day? :P
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Sorry!
[OOC] WC GM: Don't apologize.
[OOC] Abraham: Does it count as saving the day when you create the disaster?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK.
[OOC] WC GM: Just noting that this is going to take you some time to do it all, so what's everyone else doing in the mean time?
[OOC] WC GM: And for the record, I meant that as a compliment. ;)
Abraham radios back to the command crew to see if there are any more Neph reports elsewhere on station.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I see, thanks. ^ ^
There are a few. None as large or urgent as this cluster.
Zinda Tegram hands Spyboy his sidearm as she works on remote piloting her ship.
Spyboy is jamming Neph corpses in the hole and stuffing PTFE tape in the cracks.
If anybody needs herding, Hrrin's on that. She not afraid to be a little scary and growl while we're at that.
Hm. If the civvies have all cleared out, Hrrin's contacting station crew and making sure they know what happened here, in detail, and ascertaining whether or not they can get here safely later.
Abraham: "Okay, it looks like Zinda and Spyboy are making the station space worthy again. Hrrin, lets you and I go chat with our laggard Neph friends."
The civilians are scared, but move along well enough. Though a few of the smallest children - 2 Lago, 1 Terran - take one look at Hrrin and try to latch on to her fur.
Abraham: "If you're not too busy giving out rides, that is."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Awww
Abraham had an exceptionally straight face when he said that.
Hrrin: "No, I do believe I've communicated that now is not the time for boar-back rides," Hrrin responds, crisply.
The station crew will be able to get here to make repairs, once the station is secure.
Abraham: "Of course. I find myself in agreement."
So, they suit up and head off, Neph-wards?
Though one of the Nephilim hotspots is moving toward the primary machine shops.
[OOC] WC GM: Sure - looks like we're done with this scene.
Zinda Tegram radios the command room. "This is Zinda Tegram. We need you to seal bulkheads 10, 13, 14, 18, 43. There's an enemy contingent advancing on the machine shop near there."
[OOC] Abraham: Hike!
[OOC] Spyboy: Zinda's missing the whole 'no bulkheads' thing, I guess.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: On the machine shop?
CommandCrew: "They've blown through bulkheads 10 and 18."
Zinda Tegram: "Permission to breach hull there?"
[OOC] WC GM: The machine shop is in a more restricted area, so bulkheads are possible there.
CommandCrew: "Not necessary."
CommandCrew: "Also, we'd rather you not breach hull on the attached daycare. We've got children holed up there!"
Zinda Tegram: "Alright. Close fighter support is a no-go then."
Zinda Tegram: "I'll can you create some pressure differentials to slow them down? I'll take care of it personally."
CommandCrew: "On it!"
Zinda Tegram picks up her torch and sets Sterne Lanze to patrol across the station surface looking for targets.
That one group of Nephilim seems to be the only one going EVA, though there are reports that another was trying to breach and suddenly stopped.
Zinda Tegram: "Interesting, they're networked."
The fastest intercept course seems to be through the day care center - too far inside to be reachable by fighters.
Zinda Tegram mutters as she sets off to walk through the day care. Children…
Hrrin: "What, Zinda, were you never a cub?"
Spyboy: "Uh….ew."
[OOC] Abraham: Are Hrrin and I at the Neph hotspot?
Spyboy: "Excuse me, sorry about…that…"
Zinda Tegram: "You mean a child? I…I guess. I don't think about it that much."
[OOC] WC GM: Are all four of you going together?
[OOC] WC GM: Or are Hirrin and Abraham going ahead?
[OOC] WC GM: Sounds like the former?
[OOC] Abraham: Are we? I thought Hrrin and I were going on ahead while the others welded
[OOC] Abraham: Eh. If not, we were 'guarding' them
[OOC] Spyboy: Not really welding so much as jamming the bodies in.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy was jamming, Zinda was welding.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda was welding.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: They had metallic battle suits, so those can seal the weld.
Abraham and Hrrin arrive at the daycare first. Easily a hundred children - mixed human and lago, but children are children - and a few adult caretakers.
Abraham looks over the civilians. Any injuries?
None yet, though the Nephilim are not here yet. An explosion just beyond the daycare announces the breach of bulkhead 14.
Hrrin: "This place may not be safe more much longer. Can you evaculate?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Let me know when I arrive please.
Worker: "Not with this many, not quickly."
[OOC] WC GM: Will do.
[OOC] Abraham: How easy was our way here? Could a bunch of kids backtrack our route to a certified Neph-clear area?
[OOC] WC GM: You're not that far behind.
[OOC] WC GM: Could, yes. The problem is herding about 100 children scared enough to stop or run off on their own at any moment.
Abraham claps his hands for attention. "Okay kids, I want everyone to grab a hold somewhere on this rope. Don't let go until your, " he eyes one of the nametags, "Ms. Peterson tells you it's okay. Now you're all going to head away from the scarry explosions. All right?"
Abraham hads the rope over to the Ms. Peterson.
The kids look at him. Most of them grab onto the rope.
Ms. Peterson nods, then gives the remaining children a LOOK. They reluctantly grab on.
Abraham: "That's good. That's good."
Peterson: "Thank you. Which way?"
Hrrin: Well. Whether she wants to be or not, she's evidently good with kids. "You'll need to be calm. You'll need to be brrave. Make your families proud by showing them how." '
Abraham indicates on the map. Presumably they know the station well enough that should be sufficient.
Peterson glances quickly, nods, and walks - does not run - leading the rope out, just as Zinda and Spyboy arrive.
From the sound of footsteps, the Nephilim will pass by and be in sight just as the last child leaves.
Zinda Tegram glances at the line of kids holding the rope as she walks in.
Zinda Tegram clicks on her torch and stands beside the door.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Alertness, maneuver to place "Ready to pounce!" on Zinda)
Abraham keeps an eye on the kids to make sure one doesn't make a break for it until they turn a corner.
Another of the workers, holding the back of the rope - not in uniform, but his nametag says "Chekov" and his collar has a 2nd Lieutenant's emblem - gives Abraham a silent salute as he passes by.
Abraham returns the salute.
Spyboy readies his energy pistol as he glances warily at Zinda.
Zinda Tegram is holding torch in a reverse grip with a pulled back arm beside the door.
Hrrin unholsters the laser carbine, and crouches low behind a corner.
Abraham keeps his voice soft so as not to alarm the children (walls echo). "Everyone ready?"
An affirmative twitch of the ears.
The Nephilim run on by, not even glancing through the door as they pass.
[OOC] WC GM: Surprise round GO!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - + (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Gunnery, Ready to pounce!)
[OOC] Abraham: Abraham *ka-chinks* Chessa
Zinda Tegram snaps her arm out jamming the tip of the torch into the first Nephilim in line.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Gunnery (Assuming a free tag for fuck yeah, surprise round? ))
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 0 (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Agility to dodge)
[OOC] WC GM: I'll allow that tag, sure.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy & Abraham?
Spyboy shouts a vociferous neutrino 'HEY' to the aliens on the other side of the wall.
[OOC] Spyboy: Communications to add a distraction maneuver? Quite understand if the target is impossibly high.
Abraham advances unflinchingly on the Nephilim to add the maneuver 'fighting totally insane foes' on the Nephilim.
[OOC] WC GM: Go for it. Take a free Unexpected Communication Vector tag.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 4 Total: 5)
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + + + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Resolve (Maneuver))
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Resolve, defending against both of those)
[OOC] Abraham: The rest of the PCs are going to lock me up afte this, ain't they?
[OOC] WC GM: Ask them.
[OOC] Hrrin: Hrrin admires your daring. Leading from the front!
[OOC] Hrrin: ..it's also crazy.
Abraham smiles.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda's gonna be pushing in in a moment anyways.
[OOC] Spyboy: What do you mean? Zinda turned her gun into a bomb and busted the hull of my home. I've got alien hardware that the Nephilim haven't figured out how to interface with…yet. And Hrrin's one of those crazy battlecats.
[OOC] Abraham: He's also fireing his pistol, but he's not even aiming, so I didn't bother to mention it before.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …I fixed the hole!
[OOC] Spyboy: Heh, that's more like a Composure attack than a maneuver.
[OOC] Abraham: No, you *patched* the hole.
[OOC] Abraham: I'd be fine with that as well. I tend to forget about social combat.
Suffice it to say, the Nephilim advance is stopped. They back up in confusion.
[OOC] WC GM: …half of this combat *is* social combat. :P
Zinda Tegram charges the Nephilim line with her torch! Tear them to shreds!
Abraham: "Surrender. Please. Or things will go very badly."
[OOC] WC GM: So far, given the rolls, anyway.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 - 0 (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Intimidated target! Gunnery.)
[OOC] WC GM: Initiative order: Zinda, Abraham, Hrrin, Spyboy, Nephs.
[OOC] WC GM: Note that the Agility roll of 3 is *still* on the table, until they finally get an action.
Zinda Tegram switches grip on her torch as she slashes straight through the first one in front, beginning to advance on the second.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Given the first one's defense.
By this point, 3 of the 6 Nephilim are clearly no longer able to move of their own accord.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Abraham is continuing to be a bad scarry human to the Nephilim.
[OOC] WC GM: Scary too. Which they care about more than his scars.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 1) (Resolve Maneuver (Scared out of their mind))
[OOC] Abraham: Well… so much for my station cred.
[OOC] WC GM: …they actually manage to defend against that.
[OOC] WC GM: Possibly by being too scared to be more scared.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
[OOC] Abraham: Wade Duck would have defended against that.
Hrrin: Hrrin won't be having any of this intimidation nonsense! But still, battle doctrine is to focus on the strongest, most dangerous, remaining opponents.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 + + 0 (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Gunnery (Tagging Pack Hunter, considering they're, well, neatly ganging-up in a Divide-and-Conquer sort of scenario. New 'spect as of last session, replaced the never-used 'talking head.' ))
…and now only one remains.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
[OOC] Spyboy: Well crap. Don't wanna be the one who wipes out Abraham's interrogation victim. Don't want to leave it alive, either.
[OOC] Abraham: Go ahead and gank it. There's others.
Spyboy fires a flurry of shots around the Neph to make sure it doesn't try anything.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - - 0 - (Base: 1 Total: -2) (Energy Weapons to add 'Pinned Down' to the Neph.)
Spyboy fires off a single shot and then his pistol makes a lot of clicking noises.
It dives for cover behind the bodies of its fallen comrades!
Zinda Tegram neatly slides to the side to avoid the poorly aimed weapons fire and change the timing on her next attack.
Spyboy: "Shit. Shit!"
The lone survivor engages in the time-honored tactical tradition of its ancestors, employing a maneuver oft seen across many a culture. Each member of the party has heard their own version of the legends estabilishing this as a right and worthy thing to do in this situation.
It runs away down the corridor!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Agility: GTFO)
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
Zinda Tegram clicks her torch on, strikes a pose, and….
[OOC] WC GM: It's out of melee range.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Erm, clicks it to a higher setting
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 0 (Base: 6 Total: 5) (Hundred Eyed Demon throws her boarding torch like a throwing knife!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Agility: dodge + Spin)
[OOC] Abraham: It knows The Santome Secret Technique!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging Sworn to Uphold Justice.
Throwing your torch always works. Right in the neck, it strikes. The Nephilim rests in pieces.
Zinda Tegram steps forward and retrieves her torch.
Zinda Tegram: "Such are those who oppose justice."
Spyboy: "Huh."
Zinda Tegram: "Command, the group moving on the machine group has been neutralized."
Zinda Tegram checks the bodies of each of the downed Nephilim.
Spyboy scans an overview of the security feeds to get a feel for the battle, then starts looking for the next closest clump of enemies.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Gotta go at 4
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Gonna start winding down.
[OOC] Abraham: Heh. So's my internet. So I suppose it's good.
[OOC] WC GM: If we want to make it a short session, we could.
Zinda Tegram clips her torch to her belt and cuts the suits open to check for survivors.
[OOC] Spyboy: I'm kinda out of it.
None of this squad survived.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright, wrapping up, then.
[OOC] Hrrin: It'd work for me to cut short. Lots ot do around the house.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Gotta drop now, Cya.
[OOC] WC GM: Later.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Sorry.
[OOC] Abraham: By Z
[OOC] Spyboy: Bye!
[OOC] WC GM: It happens.
[OOC] Abraham: Such is IRC.
With those squads taken care of, the remaining Nephilim are soon rounded up. No survivors, unfortunately - those few taken alive find ways to commit suicide.
Abraham: "Most vexing. I dearly wanted to have a conversation with one."
Abraham: "Still, I suspect I will have more opportunities."
Hrrin: "They arre not documented as being particularly talkative."
Abraham: "Then it would please me to be the first to chat one up."
Spyboy: "They feel….wierd. But you should know they have neutrino comms, just not compatible ones."
Abraham: "Wait? That's what you meant when you said they were networked? I assumed you just meant they were coordinated."
Hrrin: "I-?"
Hrrin: "You would be certain of that."
CommandCrew: "Captain Abraham, the Roland reports SAR complete. She's coming in to dock and offload casualties."
Spyboy: "I got a brush after Hrrin said that. Just an alien…feel. And then I pulsed back during that last firefight at the machine shop."
Abraham: "That. That is potentially a huge problem. We will have to have Ellis work on encryption. I do /not/ want them running around in Spyboy's, or the Lago's, heads."
Abraham radios back. "Acknowledged."
[OOC] WC GM: Science check for Abraham.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Sweet Science!)
Spyboy: "You know, I never even thought about encryption."
[OOC] WC GM: Good enough.
[OOC] Abraham: I can spell it.
CommandCrew: "They said to relay that your 'guest' is waking up."
Abraham: "I see. Thell them I will be right there."
Spyboy: "But that would be the best thing to ask about it."
CommandCrew: "Will do."
Abraham: "Meanwhile, our 'guest' is waking up. Let's go introduce ourselves."
Hrrin: "If you think we can spare the time, Abraham."
Spyboy: "I dunno if we can not spare the time, Hrrin. Local invasion is as big of a ball to keep juggling as foreign invasion."
Abraham: "I don't think we can afford not to. Our guest also has a neutrino com."
Spyboy: "Most definitely. Still waking up. Though if we want to make sure it imprints on us and not Elles, we should hurry."
Hrrin: Hrrin inclines her head in assent. "True. It should be stable enough, here."
Abraham: "Then lets us hurry."
Hrrin: "Let us greet the newest member of our warband."
Abraham hurries.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License