Session 1 16

Zinda Tegram: "Hey, Karlt, can you see if there's any syringes in the minifridge back there?"
Zinda's radar has filled with contacts - and her visual scanning confirms gun and missile fire all around. Whoever these guys are, it's like every ship in the system rallied to fight them.
Karlt: "Any label in particular?"
Zinda Tegram: "For emergency use only."
Karlt: "Yeah, there are a few. Want me to inject you with one?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah, uh, before you do…"
Zinda Tegram releases the navigator's controls for the back seat.
Zinda Tegram: "I might need you to designate targets. And, uh, don't try and see if I'm OK."
Karlt: "Right! I'll see if I can make sense of this mess."
Karlt: "Any idea what those are, ma'am? If not, mind if I relay a feed to the others?"
Zinda Tegram: "No clue. Do it."
Zinda Tegram: "OK….injector port in the rad suit's in the back of the neck. Go ahead."
Karlt: "Relaying, and…" Zinda feels a slight pinprick - then the drugs do their thing.
Abraham sighs and tries to get his onboard computer to label what each of the little blips on his screen are, or rather, what side they're on.
Meanwhile, a visual of one of the hostiles comes up on the other fighters' sceens.
Zinda Tegram 's eyes roll into the back of her head and she starts convulsing in the pilot's seat.
Spyboy: "Emergency channel's getting crammed with info."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Stamina to place 'Stim-Craze')
[OOC] Abraham: Which faction each blip belongs to. I am prepared roll my puny insignificant computer skill for it.
Hrrin: "What the #hell# are we looking at, out here?" Hrrin glares at the uncannily unfamiliar ships and growls.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham: you autosucceed due to plot.
Spyboy: "Dunno, but they're hostile."
Hrrin: "Hrr. First the Neph drones,and now this."
[OOC] Abraham: Yay!
Abraham: "Spyboy, encrypt our communications, please."
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda: Aspect placed.
[OOC] Abraham: I just asked Spyboy to maneuver to place Encrypted Communicaitons tag on us.
[OOC] WC GM: Can he get at least 1 on a Communications roll with a substantial bonus?
[OOC] WC GM: Yeaaah, don't even bother rolling. :P
[OOC] Spyboy: I can't get less than that =p
[OOC] Spyboy: As long as there's at least +2 on the roll, at any rate.
[OOC] WC GM: Aspect placed, assuming that's what Spyboy does.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes there is.
Spyboy: "Copy that, sir."
Abraham: "Thank you. I will try to give us an attack vector."
Spyboy: "I was debating starting to collect the civilian traffic - it's jamming up the emergency band right now."
Karlt: "So what ARE they?"
[OOC] Abraham: Maneuver Science for Tactics "The best damn attack vector we can get"
Spyboy: "Nephilim, or at least apparently."
The sound of an alarm blares over Abraham's and Hrrin's communicator.
Hrrin 's ears flatten instinctively. "What now?"
Karlt: "Ne…those reptile guys? Didn't you defeat them in Chandley?"
Abraham checks what the computer's complaining about. Other than the obviously suicidal plan to enter this battlefield.
Abraham: "Defeat is a strong word. Survived would be more accurate."
Looks like Kilrathi computers - at least this one - automatically recognize Nephilim as hostile.
Spyboy: "Shyeah. Only extent to which we've ever been able to defeat the Nephilim is to stop an invasion. We don't even know where they live."
[OOC] Abraham: Should I roll my maneuver or am I being preempted?
Hrrin: "Far away. That was enough to know, for most."
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
B-4: "And I'd rather not have my home system go nova to keep them out this time…"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Science for Tactics Maneuver "The best damn attack vector we can get")
[OOC] WC GM: Maneuver fails, but more info gained…
[OOC] Abraham: ? Really? I thought a four was enough.
[OOC] Spyboy: Generally a 1 is enough if it's undefended. Hence: plot.
[OOC] WC GM: It is Defended.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tag! Tag! Tag! : D
[OOC] WC GM: Loosely speaking.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Not don't waste FP on a maneuver. xD
[OOC] WC GM: Why yes, the Nephilim may be tagging that aspect.
Abraham: "Okay, probing action at first. We need to get closer to see what's going on. I don't know about the rest of you, but my computer thinks it's Christmas."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Best we'd get is a fatepoint for a free-tag +2
Karlt: "What he said. The jump point's the center of this, but I can't make heads or tails of it from here."
Spyboy: "B-4, get us in there. I'm gonna try and make sense what I can of this mess…"
[OOC] Spyboy: Zinda's what, two combat rounds ahead of us?
[OOC] WC GM: Call it that. Unless Zinda holds up until you arrive?
[OOC] Abraham: My clever plan is to try to get as many positive aspects on us before we enter combat. Because I R schmart.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm not sure Zinda can do that.
[OOC] Abraham: Stimmed up? Probably not.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright. Then initiative for now is Zinda, hairball. Yes, the battle is a participant with a mind of its own.
[OOC] Abraham: Not sure what you'd even roll to try to hold off in that circumstance. Resolve?
[OOC] WC GM: That would work. Anyway, Zinda's turn!
[OOC] Abraham: Heh. WC no doubt used the City Creation rules in Dresden to make this battle.
[OOC] Hrrin: No doubt!
[OOC] WC GM: I may have taken some inspiration, yes.
[OOC] Hrrin: Wait, really? /awesome./
[OOC] WC GM: Minor spoiler: there'll be different already-in-place aspects in the different parts of the battlespace.
[OOC] Abraham: ^
Zinda Tegram slowly stops convulsing, and then checks her display to find the first designated target.
[OOC] WC GM: And different Faces to deal with.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'd like to take a compel in exchange for the negative aspect 'Tunnel vision'?
[OOC] WC GM: Compelled!
Targets aplenty surround Zinda. Karlt has been busily tagging every Nephilim fighter nearby.
Zinda Tegram lets out a scream and slams on the afterburner!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 - + (Base: 5 Total: 4) ((Gunnery, amplified by ship. Shoot something!))
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Pilot)
Zinda…barely misses, though in part that's because the part of the fighter she was shooting at got shot off before her shots could reach it.
[OOC] Abraham: No excuses.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - - + (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Energy Weapons)
The battle whirls around her, and Zinda finds her path Blocked By A Dogfight.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's turn again
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 6 Total: 6) ((Pilot, signal burst flare defense stunt.)))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: For defense?
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Gunnery. Shoot something!)
[OOC] WC GM: It was placed on the scene more than on Zinda.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 + - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Pilot)
This time she scores a clean hit! That's one Nephilim fighter down…
Zinda Tegram spins on a dime and blasts a fighter before racing-through the explosion!
…and causing another three to take notice and return fire!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 - - (Base: 6 Total: 3) (Gunnery w/tag)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 + - 0 (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Pilot! Don't get shot!)
[OOC] WC GM: Take a Spin.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Gotcha.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: How long does spin keep?
[OOC] Hrrin: One cycle of turns.
[OOC] WC GM: In other words, use it now.
[OOC] WC GM: Now that everyone's caught up: Zinda, Abraham, Hrrin, dogfight, Spyboy.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's turn!
[OOC] Spyboy: Man, Heggy, why you always gotta get us in the last spot in the order?
Zinda Tegram: "K-aaaah-rult! Lesshhh Turgats! Azzk Zpybooysh!"
Abraham: "Anyone speak Orzy?"
Hrrin: "I think you mean, 'Anyone speak Stimface?'"
Abraham: "Same thing I find."
Zinda Tegram fires her lateral thrusters to slide in beyond the fighter group that just made a pass on her!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 + (Base: 7 Total: 8) (Gunney with spin, Take'em all down!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - - (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Pilot)
That fighter group is badly damaged…but there are more.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Gunnery Maneuver: "Covering Fire" on the PCs)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda needs it.
[OOC] Abraham: Yeah. I thought an aspect would be more valueable than taking a shot.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah. My plan is just to bank positive aspects and FP until I get to the boss and then let out like 2/3 rounds of full aspect'd punishment.
[OOC] WC GM: Succeeds, since Pilot is the defense and that roll's staying on the table. Hrrin!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda's base combat numbers should be high enough to get her through most of the fight.
Hrrin: Hrrin snarls in uncharacteristic agitation, opening her canons on the Badly Damaged fighters Zinda has been scrambling with.
[OOC] Hrrin: There's a consequence there, Lapis says?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well they're not blown up after 7 stress. I figured.
[OOC] WC GM: A consequence like Badly Damaged, yes. Tag ahoy!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Free tag?
[OOC] Hrrin: +2?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: - 0 + - (Base: 5 Total: 4) ((My people's ancient foe! Grrr!))
And that's 1, 2, 3 more kills for Hrrin.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Assets)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Assets huh?
And that's 1, 2, 5, 10, Way Too Many Fighters just appeared to replace them.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, Assets. It'll make sense eventually.
[OOC] Hrrin: Interesting.
[OOC] Abraham: I should have spent assets to oppose…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No I think I get it…
[OOC] Abraham: And so began… The Bidding Wars.
Spyboy: "Based on what I saw from those drones, they should have an open port….there!"
[OOC] Spyboy: EW vs. Data attack.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Communications)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 7) (Communications, tagging Hardened Communications)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tags! Tags!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Nah dun do that. xD
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Well, at least we blew one of their FP.
Spyboy does, at least, find out that he was correct earlier: those drones were purpose-built, cheap and disposable. These are serious combat fighters.
[OOC] Spyboy: Not worth it…
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
Spyboy: "These things are purpose-build, cheap, disposable drones, though they're hard-wired so I'll have a much harder time getting into their software."
Zinda Tegram doesn't even register the new enemy count, and blindly charges Way Too Many Fighters!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 5dF: + 0 - 0 + (Base: gunnery Total: 1) (RAAAAWGH)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 - 0 (Base: 5 Total: 5) (gunnery)
Abraham: "They're drones? So they're either robot or remotely controlled? Can we do an EMP bomb?"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: Pilot Total: -3) (Pilot, tagging Way Too Many Fighters)
Abraham: "Or even simple jamming?"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Pilot, tagging Way Too Many Fighters)
Spyboy: "Not in any way that won't take us out, too. There might be a way we could find control codes, but I dunno."
Zinda manages to shoot up quite a few of them!
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham
[OOC] Spyboy: Too bad that first roll didn't stand.
[OOC] WC GM: Umm, correction: the cheap & disposable drones were the drones you picked off the refugee ship.
[OOC] Spyboy: Ah, so these are expensive disposabe drones.
Abraham ducks and weaves, trying to entice the Too Many Fighters to collide with each other, jinking at the last seconds.
[OOC] WC GM: The ones you're facing now, not so cheap. Disposable, though, given their numbers…
[OOC] WC GM: You don't even know if these are drones, though it's quite possible.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - + - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Resolve Maneuver to add "Crashing into Each other" to the enemy)
[OOC] WC GM: …I'll allow that tag.
[OOC] WC GM: So that 3 becomes a 5.
[OOC] WC GM: And the maneuver succeeds.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
[OOC] Abraham: Huh. Okay. Thank you.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Y'know, having shot several up, there might be a 'holes in the formation' aspect to tag there somewhere.
[OOC] WC GM: What formation?
Abraham: "Are we certain that they're not piloted? If they are unpiloted, is there a signal source we can take out to stop this?"
Spyboy: "If they're unpiloted, it'll be local control."
Spyboy: "So no, no signal…"
Abraham: "So much for the easy way then."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda would say, if cogent…If it's local control, then there must be an operator in system. Analyze deployment patterns to find the source!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So, I guess have Karlt pipe up with that?
[OOC] Abraham: Found it. Local control source is Karlt.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh nooooo
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I knew I should have fried him last session! xD
[OOC] WC GM: If you're looking for a point where they're coming from…c'mon, it's not obvious? ;)
[OOC] Spyboy: Crap, and Zinda can't hurt him because she can't hit him with her ship's guns!
[OOC] Spyboy: Oh crap
[OOC] Abraham: Why would she? She has Torchy for that.
Spyboy: "Hey."
[OOC] Hrrin: Yeah, that it's the jump gate that's cleary.
[OOC] Spyboy: Drugs
Spyboy: "The jump node was destabilized, right?"
Hrrin: "Sure was."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: : DDD
Spyboy: "That means it could lead anywhere until it restabilizes, right?"
Hrrin: "Combat engineers /blow things up./ I am not a navigator."
Spyboy: "Well I'm a navigator and I don't know the answer. We need an astrophysicist!"
Abraham: "I thought combat engineers built bridges to bring cultures closer together, so they can kill each other easier."
Hrrin: "You don't build bridges in space."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Wooow Abraham is a cynic.
[OOC] WC GM: He's hardened by experience.
[OOC] Abraham: I should probably take that aspect.
You do, however, shoot Nephilim. And Hrrin opens fire again!
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 + - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Gunner (Die lizards die.))
The fighters weave around Hrrin's shots…barely.
The cloud whirls upon the party, attempting to Herd Them.
[OOC] Hrrin: Defend with Pilot?
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot)
[OOC] WC GM: Yep.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Pilot by B-4)
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot (CAN'T TAME ME.))
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 6 Total: 4) (Pilot, ROAAAARGH)
Spyboy: "C'mon, Heggy, you can handle this!"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 6) (Not gonna)
[OOC] Abraham: and I didn't.
[OOC] Spyboy: Tagging 'That's Why I'm Not The Pilot' for +2, net 3.
The party slips through the net!
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Abraham: "Okay, they definitely want us someplace else."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda needs a leash. Can you make Karlt useful spyboy? XD
Spyboy: "Net means coordination. Coordination means comms."
Hrrin: "Good. Thinking beings bleed."
Abraham: "True, but compuers are allowed to use comms too…"
Spyboy flags the vector towards the jump node.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 + - + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Tactics to place 'Kill That Way' on Zinda)
[OOC] WC GM: Done. Zinda!
Spyboy: "Karlt, focus on foes that way."
Karlt: "Err, actually…I've been looking at where they were herding us. There's nothing that way."
Karlt: "Not even debris."
Abraham: "I'm going to try to get us through this fight and to the gate. Follow my lead."
Spyboy: "….like a….interesting."
Spyboy: "…..Interesting…."
Zinda Tegram stops slamming her head against her control console and strains her neck to look at her new targets!
[OOC] WC GM: BTW, Abraham has a Spin for his defense.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 - (Base: 7 Total: 5) (Gunnery, tagging Kill that way. Break through! In Harvest's name!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + + + (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Pilot)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging born in the cockpit to re-roll
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 + - (Base: 7 Total: 6)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tch!
Zinda manages to poke a tiny hole - just large enough to slip through.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Chessa's hatin on me.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Science for Tactics+Spin to maneuver around the fight)
[OOC] Abraham: Seems even Chessa wants us at the next area.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Widen the hole!
Abraham dances by, clipping the null zone. The Kilrathi fighter's sensors FLARE as he does so, but come back to normal after a moment.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
Also, the fighter's shields are down where it clipped.
[OOC] Hrrin: …Null Zone? Huh.
Spyboy: "Kinda curious what would happen if we shot the null zone…"
[OOC] Spyboy: Where the fighters were herding us.
[OOC] Hrrin: Aha.
[OOC] Spyboy: Karlt pointed out that there's NOTHING there, including debris.
Hrrin: Stick with the pack, focus on the strongest threat, dictact Kilrathi fighter doctrine. Hrrin ducks and weaves, following the path traced by Zinda and Abraham.
Abraham takes a quick peek at the sensors (not long enought to merit a roll, just a glance). Are there any significant gravity fields nearby?
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Pilot (Follow the Leader))
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin is in Abraham's back seat.
[OOC] WC GM: No can do Pilot actions.
[OOC] Hrrin: …-facepalms.- Right. I knew something seemed off.
[OOC] Spyboy: Technically Abraham is in Hrrin's front seat.
[OOC] WC GM: On the other hand, Abraham getting through means Hrrin's through.
[OOC] Abraham: I /might/ get through. It's only a six…
[OOC] WC GM: You *did* get through. The roll to defend came out a 5, and it's still on the table.
[OOC] Spyboy: You mean the part where he said you're through?
[OOC] Hrrin: -I'll- roll for 'weirdass gravity stuff.' Engineering, or would you like something else?
[OOC] Spyboy: Cuz he said you're through.
[OOC] WC GM: Engineering works.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: - + 0 0 (Base: 4 Total: 4) ((Space is full of weird things. What's in this patch?))
The only gravity anomaly is the jump point…which is active.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tag! Break through!
And the null zone is pointing right to it.
[OOC] Hrrin: Null surrounds the jump point?
[OOC] Abraham: How big is this null zone?
[OOC] WC GM: Null is a column leading to it.
[OOC] WC GM: It's bigger than a fighter, smaller - but not by much - than a space station.
[OOC] Spyboy: So Nephs were trying to lead us through the jump point?
[OOC] Abraham: Dear god, /they/ want us to bypass this fight even…
The fighters round upon Spyboy…just in time for a battered squad of friendlies to round on them.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Sounds like we found our target!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 1 Total: -3) (Gunnery to place You're All Clear, Kid on Spyboy)
[OOC] Spyboy: Holy crap.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Re-roll that one.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 1 Total: -2) (Gunnery to place You're All Clear, Kid on Spyboy, tagging Brave Defenders for reroll)
[OOC] Spyboy: Holy crap.
[OOC] WC GM: …okay. Spyboy!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: F*ckin really?
[OOC] Spyboy: Love you too, Chessa.
[OOC] Abraham: Seems Chessa just woke up.
[OOC] Abraham: Spyboy ganked her coffee it seems.
Spyboy knows there's an opening in the defenders…he guides Heggy through it.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - + - - (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Pilot)
[OOC] Spyboy: Ungh.
[OOC] Spyboy: Tagging 'That's Why I'm Not The Pilot' for reroll.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 3 Total: -1) (Pilot)
[OOC] Abraham: Oozing Hellfire, Spyboy! Did you run over her dog or something?
[OOC] Spyboy: UNGH. Tagging 'I can see you from here!' for second reroll.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Pilot)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 2 Total: -2) (Pilot)
[OOC] Spyboy: I don't think that's en….that'll do.
And Spyboy is through!
[OOC] WC GM: Didn't need the second reroll. Just needed to fail less hard.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah, should have waited for defense but it didn't occur to me that their defense had reset.
[OOC] Spyboy: Ah, well.
[OOC] Abraham: FP refreshes at session end at least.
B-4 makes a couple false starts - and the hole she finds isn't the one Spyboy was guiding her through. But the enemy formation is disintegrating as allied reinforcements start a furball of their own.
On the one hand, the fighter swarm is still intense in here. On the other, you're close enough to see the jump point - open and disgorging wave after wave of fighters. And being held open somehow; there's a structure being assembled around it, but it has way too small energy readings to be the cause.
[OOC] Abraham: Well, with them crashing into each other, holes open and close quite quickly I would imagine.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Dot fot five!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: fudge I mean
Abraham: "Okay everybody. You see that thing they're building around the wormhole? Yeah, get that thing out of my sky. Now. That's a wormhole sustainer and we kinda don't want them to have that."
Zinda Tegram spies a nice static target for her to shoot at.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 + - (Base: 5 Total: 4) (Gunnery! I'll tear them all to shreds! Raaaaaw!)
[OOC] Abraham: The sustainer dodges.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging stim craze, that crashing into each other aspect. Eight!
[OOC] WC GM: Crashing Into Each Other was in the outer zone. It ain't around any more.
[OOC] Spyboy: That thing is being made by Nephilim, right? Not by say locals trying to force a shutdown of the gate?
[OOC] WC GM: Stim Craze is still here, though. So 6.
[OOC] WC GM: Right.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 0 (Base: 6 Total: 5) (Engineering, tagging Armored)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: …Compelling holes in the formation. They didn't see me coming!
Zinda at least leaves small holes in the armor, tagging a few of the welding drones.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Abraham: "It's a start."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I can compel enemies right?
[OOC] Spyboy: Sure.
Abraham opens fire on the sustainer himself.
[OOC] Spyboy: Costs you FP, tho.
[OOC] Hrrin: You can, if you know their aspects or can make a good guess.
[OOC] WC GM: Sure, but again, Holes In The Formation was back at the outer zone.
[OOC] Spyboy: Are there any Zone Aspects here?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, damn. Umm. 'Under Construction' then! I hit it in an unarmored section!
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Gunnery. Tagging Math Geek to find the weakpoints.)
[OOC] WC GM: As to what the aspects are, though…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: How's that compel then?
Abraham shoots the exact same welders that Zinda already destroyed.
[OOC] Spyboy: That'd be an Invoke, not a compel
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Trying to compel it to not defend.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: xD
Abraham: "Hrrin, why don't you get on the computer to get the lay of this section of space? We need to find out what we can exploit, and what they're going to try to explot."
[OOC] WC GM: It spends a FP to counter.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Should only have one more!
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, boss fight has FP.
[OOC] Spyboy: Heck, most enemies should have FP.
[OOC] Spyboy: Just not as many as players, for mooks.
[OOC] WC GM: Most do, but boss actively spends.
[OOC] Spyboy: =p
[OOC] WC GM: Also, boss has more FP than you. Boss is superior enemy - but you can still beat it.
Hrrin: "Alrrready on it." Hrrin's claws clack on the sensor board. How's it holding the gate open? What's going on here?
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + - 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Engineering)
[OOC] Hrrin: Oh nuts to that. 'Lost but well-travelled, Hrrin's seen some weird shit before in her days. Re-roll.
[OOC] Hrrin: Wait, not needed.
[OOC] Spyboy: Chances of getting a better roll from -1 is one-in-five. I'd take the +2.
[OOC] Spyboy: Better than the +2, that is.
[OOC] WC GM: It's an Assessment on the scene. The "defense" was automatically a 0.
Hrrin: "#Sivar's bloody teats,# they're holding the gate open with the hotel cannon!"
Abraham facepalms. "Of COURSE they are. It's so obvious!"
Hrrin: "It's…huh. That 'Null Zone' is a modification of the energies of its discharge."
Spyboy: "Sure. What do you think opened it in the first place?"
Abraham: "To let the Nephilim through?"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Assets to place Yet More Fighters on the scene)
And another swarm of fighters comes out - dodging debris from Zinda's and Abraham's shots, though.
Spyboy: "I don't think it was deliberate…I think the Nephilim are just taking advantage of a coincidence. But I could be wrong."
Zinda Tegram eyes more delicious targets! Attack!
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 5 Total: 6) (pilot to oppose!)
Hrrin: "It was -locked shut- previously. I don't know about that, but either way, we've got to get to the Hotel."
[OOC] WC GM: It's on the scene, so can't oppose directly.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: If I can do that?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ah, OK.
Spyboy attempts manipulation on a grand scale. He starts coordinating attack vectors to get the enemy out of position…
[OOC] Abraham: Tactics of Mistake? Risky.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + - + + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Tactics to place "Wormhole Generator Left Exposed" on the scene.)
[OOC] Abraham: What a strange coincidence, It's Zinda's turn next…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + + + (Base: 4 Total: 7) (Engineering)
[OOC] WC GM: Tagging anything?
[OOC] Spyboy: Tagging 'Spent Monhs Reading AWACS doctrine to push to 8.
Spyboy manages to bait the fighters out of position for just a bit…
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I get a quick list of free-tags in OOC please?
Zinda Tegram shouts something incomprehensible that the structure is still standing! That's it! -This- thing is going down!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 13dF: + - 0 - 0 - 0 + + - 0 - 0 (Base: gunnery Total: -2) (gunnery, amplified, Wormhole generator left exposed, tunnel vision, Heavy Dust cannons, Born in the Cockpit!)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 13 Total: 13) (gunnery, amplified, Wormhole generator left exposed, tunnel vision, Heavy Dust cannons, Born in the Cockpit!)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I -love- big numbers!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh I forgot one!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No welding-drone cover. Should be a consequence?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So that's 15
[OOC] WC GM: Versus the already-rolled 7 defense.
The structure has taken Heavy Damage, but it's not quite destroyed yet.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
[OOC] Abraham: I assume that the sustainer is not taking a consequence?
[OOC] Abraham: From the damage I mean?
[OOC] WC GM: What does Heavy Damage look like? :P
[OOC] WC GM: It *is* the consequence.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah. K.
Abraham pulls into a power dive, trying to take out the last few undestroyed pieces of the spanner Zinda's rampage missed.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Gunnery)
[OOC] WC GM: …the defense of 7 gives them Spin, unless you're rerolling?
[OOC] Abraham: I will. We don't want them to get spin.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Ah, how many FP you got?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tag some stuff too. It's got it's light and heavy consequences tagged I believe.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Erm taken I mean.
[OOC] WC GM: Heavy Damage hasn't been tagged yet.
[OOC] Abraham: Refresh my memory, HD and LD are both just +2 right?
[OOC] WC GM: As tags? Yeah.
[OOC] Abraham: K.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah, they're consequences, just harder to get rid of.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: LD?
[OOC] Abraham: I'll reroll, but I'll still have a FP
[OOC] Abraham: Lighte Damage
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Gunnery. Tagging Military Family to Reroll)
[OOC] WC GM: …they still get spin.
[OOC] Abraham: ? I thought you needed a threshold of 4+ for spin.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Could you tag the two consequences?
[OOC] Spyboy: three.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Three? : O
[OOC] Spyboy: You only get +1 from spin, Zinda.
[OOC] Abraham: Tags Heavy Damage to stop Spin.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And one more for damage?
[OOC] Spyboy: I'd rather have the +2 from HD than the +1 from spin, personally.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Same here.
[OOC] WC GM: Heavy Damage is the only thing you can free tag.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The Freetag is worth more than their spin. Not worth it.
[OOC] Abraham: Not Freetagging then.
[OOC] WC GM: Not tagged, then. Hrrin's turn.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I mean it's just +1, and it's almost dead anyways. You could use that tag as a compel.
[OOC] Abraham: Let him twist in the wind then.
[OOC] Spyboy: Especially since once Hrrin acts, all those FPs it spent on boosting its defense become Gone.
Abraham: "Hrrin, you seeing anything we should be aware of? Any especially damaged structures that can be taken care of?"
[OOC] Hrrin: Hmn. One good hit would take it out. I'm not sure I'm the right person for the hit, given the defense…assessment/aspect placement seems more accurate.
Abraham: "Or anything comming up our six? Stuff like that?"
Hrrin: "Everythings /right in front of us/, Abraham."
Hrrin: "Except for Hotel Null Zone."
[OOC] Spyboy: I can't believe I didn't think of that.
Abraham: "Yeah…. About that…"
Abraham: "Is that just the backwash from the cannon?"
Hrrin: "Unsure. Expect I'd have to get closer to know…"
Hrrin: "And I don't want to leave /that structure/ around the jump point before we leave."
Hrrin: "Hrr. Whatever. It's half-dead."
Abraham: "No… no we don't."
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 + - + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Gunnery (Not tagging or re-rerolling until we see…))
[OOC] Abraham: Good call.
[OOC] Spyboy: If you're shooting at the wormhole thing, it's defense is 7.
[OOC] Spyboy: It doesn't reroll till its turn.
[OOC] Hrrin: Would like to tag +Kill It With Fire! on my ship, and….hm. Y'know, what the hell, Heavy Damage!
[OOC] WC GM: What he said
[OOC] Abraham: Might as well wait. It's shields are in place.
[OOC] Hrrin: So 8.
[OOC] Abraham: Or we can blow it to hell now. That's fine too.
That tags it just a bit more; it's Almost Dead.
Yet More Fighters round upon Zinda, the obvious major threat, attempting to take her down!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 - + (Base: 6 Total: 5) (Pilot. GRAWGHARGH!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Gunnery + Yet More Fighters + Spin)
[OOC] WC GM: 1-stress hit. Spyboy!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Base 6 huh?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Damn.
Spyboy concentrates on vector manipulation again….
[OOC] WC GM: After the tag and spin, yes.
[OOC] Spyboy: Base 3 + 2 + 1, so 6
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh yeah
[OOC] Abraham: But it used it's spin, so that's good at least.
Zinda Tegram slams a fist against the super-imposed display screen and lets loose a blood curdling scream at the fighter that just tagged her.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: How's Karlt doing? : D
Spyboy: "Zinda, go this way!"
[OOC] Abraham: He's cowering in the corner.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - 0 - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Tactics to place 'They Just Chased Me to MY Kill-spot' on Zinda)
[OOC] Abraham: Controlling the fighters with his gameboy.
[OOC] WC GM: Karlt has yet to bleed out.
[OOC] Spyboy: Ugh. Is that good enough?
[OOC] WC GM: Success! Zinda!
Zinda Tegram goes to make a hard turn and return fire, but mid-way through the turn, she suddenly throws up into her air filter. Grimacing, and starting to become a bit more lucid, she just moves into evasive maneuvers. (Compelling micro-G syndrome or stim-craze. No turn for a FP?)
[OOC] WC GM: Sure. Abraham!
Abraham: "Well, this little trick has worked before…"
Abraham dives into the cloud of Yet More Fighters surrounding the hotel. His erratic flight path, forces the fighters to dodge into each other and the hotel.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Resolve Maneuver to add "Yet More Fighters, crashing into each other.")
[OOC] Abraham: Ideally that will include the hotel, but if it doesn't, so be it.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Pilot)
[OOC] WC GM: The hotel isn't even here. The sustainer, though…
[OOC] Abraham: That.
[OOC] Abraham: Sadly that wasn't a def roll, so I am still spinless.
Indeed, using the fighters as ammunition works wonderfully! The sustainer begins a familiar chain reactions of explosions, soon engulfing the jump point in a flaming cloud! …through which more fighters come through. The permanent threat is gone, now the temporary one remains.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
Abraham: "Well, thats one thing off the to-do list."
Hrrin: "One down, one to go."
Hrrin turns the scanner and camera's attentions to The Totally Not A Yamato Cannon. Is this something we can stop, just by blowing it up in the right way…?
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + - (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Engineering (Can I just smash it, or do we have to smash it /carefully/?))
Why yes it is. Blowing it up in almost any way would do. Of course, you have to get to it, and it's not exactly right next to the jump point.
Unless there were some long-range energy beam you could redirect.
Spyboy gets his share of attention from the Nephilim.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Gunnery - that fighter's not one of ours, so it's prey!)
B-4 dodges hastily!
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - + - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Pilot)
B-4 almost gets hit, but then reminds everyone why the backseat driver is Spyboy. ((Tagging That's Why I'm Not The Pilot))
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy's turn
Spyboy concentrates on integrating additional tactical networks into his own.
[OOC] Spyboy: Actually, I'd like to suggest a Compel - 'leave her alone, asshole,' to get out of the line of fire?
[OOC] WC GM: Sure.
Spyboy is too distracted by the fire on the ship to do any coordinating!
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'd like to start a line not with the world 'Zinda'. How can I do that?
[OOC] WC GM: Start with a *.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Thanks.
The smell of her own vomit slowly coaxes Zinda to lucidity. Breathing heavily, she glances down to her active target registers and then moves on to the vector Spyboy advised.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + - 0 (Base: 7 Total: 6) (Gunnery. They chased me to -my- kill zone!)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging born in the cockpit, heavy dust cannons.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So 10.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, and 'Yet More Fighters Crashing
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So 12
[OOC] Abraham: Noooo my tags!!
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham already used that, so that'd be a FP to tag it.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Pilot)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Then just 10.
Zinda Tegram: "I…I think I'm back. Karlt, you holding up?"
Quite some damage to some of the fighters…but more keep coming.
Zinda Tegram: "I uh, the last 20 minutes are a blur. Can I get a sitrep?"
Karlt appears to have passed out from the maneuvers Zinda has been pulling.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham!
Spyboy: "Hotel Cannon's being used to hold the jump node in Nephilim Wormhole configuration."
[OOC] Abraham: Science roll to figure out the situation in game?
[OOC] Abraham: Or Spyboy can just tell me.
[OOC] Hrrin: Go for it!
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Science for Science to figure out what's going on. Scientifically.)
Zinda Tegram: "Time to fall back then?"
Zinda Tegram: "I…I'd rather not kill myself with another stimpack."
Spyboy: "Yeah, that'd be…bad. We need some way to deflect that beam from here."
Spyboy: "Right now? Nephilim keep coming out that jump node."
[OOC] WC GM: No need to figure it out, since Spyboy's telling you.
[OOC] WC GM: So, another action, Abraham?
Hrrin: "Despite it having a laser cannon pointed at it."
[OOC] Abraham: And it was such a good roll too…
Hrrin: "So why aren't they being vaporized on the way out?"
[OOC] Spyboy: Science to figure out how to deflect the beam?
Abraham: "Will a glut of enemy fighters block the beam? I seem to be adept at getting them to crash into each other."
[OOC] Abraham: Alternately, I can use that roll to figure out a way to defect the beam.
[OOC] WC GM: …sure.
Zinda Tegram: "We don't need to reflect, just block it right?"
Abraham: "But defelcting it is much worse for the Nephilim."
Spyboy: "I have not the slightest clue. Hrrin was the one who connected the Hotel Cannon to the jump node, I just see vectors everywhere."
Zinda Tegram looks at the size of the null beam. How wide is it?
A bit of thinking - yes, that might work. Get enough enemy fighters to crash into the beam at once; the resulting dust cloud would disperse the beam - at least for a little while. Enough for the jump point to close, anyway.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin's turn!
[OOC] Spyboy: Heh. I'd thought about doing that a few times - just to see what would happen.
Abraham: "Okay. My plan, such as it is, is to use their infinite number of fighters to either block the beam or disperse it into insignificance."
The beam is most of the width of the hotel. No surprise, given its source. Zinda recalls history lessons about how early beam weapons had dispersion problems at long ranges, and the inventions people came up with to fix that.
Hrrin: "Also, the sustainer's debris. Heavier-duty stuff."
Zinda Tegram: "Reasonable plan. Existing Debris OK too?"
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, History of Beam Weapons is a course at the schools Zinda attended.
[OOC] Hrrin: Of course it is.
Zinda Tegram: "I can move the debris. Hrrin, can you start marking out working engines in the fighter debris?"
Hrrin: "Can do."
Zinda Tegram: "I'll go EVA and rig them up to the facility debris."
Hrrin: "You'LL WHAT."
Zinda Tegram: "Zinda out."
Zinda Tegram cuts outbound comms.
Abraham: "And I'll make the fighters get in the beam… somehow. I'm sure I'll think of something."
Spyboy: "I'm on that."
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + + 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Engineering (What prey is still kicking?) (I want to place an Aspect to more easily identify and mark on our HUDs what we need to give moved, and where.))
Zinda Tegram clicks in a simple AI script for the Sterne Lanze to cover her on her EVA. It won't fight like she did, but it'll help keep Karlt and her safe.
Zinda Tegram: "OK Lanze…"
[OOC] WC GM: Scene aspect placed: Unmoving Debris Identified
Zinda Tegram kisses the control console. "Don't fail me now."
And now it is Abraham's turn to get a volley of incoming fire!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Gunnery)
Abraham sighs and dodges out of the way.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Pilot)
Barely, but he does.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Abraham: "One of the joys of fighting this many drones, any misses will hit them. Usually."
Spyboy frowns at his display.
Spyboy: "Let's see…how about you go here, you go here, you go here….yes. Yes, that'll do….and hey, isn't that a REALLY, REALLY promising target? All you have to do is cut across that Null Zone!"
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Tactics to place 'Under My Spell' on at least a chunk of enemy fighters)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 1 Total: 1) (Tactics)
[OOC] Spyboy: "You're right! That IS a really promising target!"
Their tactics are that of the swarm. Once Spyboy realizes this, the rest is a formality.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
Zinda Tegram releases her safety harness and crawls into the back of her fighter to grab a pack of concussive charges normally used in boarding, as well as her laser cannon. Bringing up the marked debris from Hrrin, she keys in the command to slide the frame open and slides out. Pushing off, the frame closes behind her as the ship goes into Drone mode.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - - + (Base: 1 Total: 1) (Eva, move to the tower debris!)
[OOC] WC GM: That's just a movement action?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah. I need to get there, right?
[OOC] WC GM: Alright, you're there. Abraham!
[OOC] Abraham: Hrm… I want to fire a missile, detonate it remotely before it hits the target, and use it's shockwave to propel some more Debris (Well away from Zinda's area). Gunnery or Science?
[OOC] WC GM: Gunnery
[OOC] WC GM: Definitely Gunnery
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + - - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Fires a dumbfire missile, then detonates it before it hits the target using the shockwave to push some of the tower and drone debris into the beam area.)
[OOC] Abraham: The Debris dodges.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + - - (Base: 0 Total: -1) (Pilot)
[OOC] WC GM: Nope. :P
[OOC] Abraham: Whew. I'd never live that down in the Officer's Lounge.
[OOC] WC GM: But hey, had to check with how the dicebot's been.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
Hrrin: "Zinda, I can't believe you're doing the combat-EVA thing again."
Zinda Tegram: "It's what I do Hrrin."
Abraham: "I can't believe she's doing it when the stim-high is just wearing off."
Hrrin: "I'm jacking your ship. You need -someone- watching your back."
[OOC] Hrrin: Nnnnot sure what would be appropriate to roll, but, "Remote Piloting Stern Lanze." or "Got Tegram's Six, Remotely." is what I have in mind.
Zinda Tegram is really woozy and doesn't totally register this. "Yeah, uh, go ahead!"
Zinda Tegram: (Quietly) "Son of a bitch, my head…"
Zinda Tegram: "I feel like I've been headbutting a wall…"
Abraham: "You probably have been. I've seen you use stims before."
[OOC] Spyboy: Wall, no. Control console, yes.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot (Zinda's Six On Remote.))
[OOC] WC GM: Alright, and where are you piloting it to?
[OOC] WC GM: Or just use that as an aspect?
Zinda Tegram: "You've seen me…when? Aagh…"
[OOC] Hrrin: Just as an Aspect, and to declare that that's what's going on.
Abraham: "Well, maybe not you personally, but Orzys at least."
WC GM rolled up Error: 1:5:undefined variable 'fudge'
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Assets)
Local space is now Swarming With Fighters, as they respond to the destruction thus far.
[OOC] Abraham: Oh good. We were running out of Debris.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy starts maneuvering his puppets into the beam.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + + + + (Base: 4 Total: 8) (Tactics)
[OOC] WC GM: Tagging Under My Spell?
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah, I'm gonna take a tag on top of that, too. Tagging that.
Spyboy: "DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + 0 0 (Base: 1 Total: 3) (Tactics)
[OOC] Spyboy: TBH I could probably cost-tag Swarming With Fighters, if it would help.
It's starting to work - the jump point begins to fluctuate. You'll need to pour in a lot of debris at once, or the beam will punch through.
[OOC] WC GM: I.e.: suggest not going for Maneuvers.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
Zinda Tegram moves down the ruined structure, placing her charges all down the side of the structure so as to push it, and not tear it apart. Pushing off, she clicks the detonator and watches the show.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - 0 - (Base: 6 Total: 3) (Demolitions, Zinda's 6 on remote, unmoving debris identified.)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: ….Can I be taken out for a re-roll?
[OOC] WC GM: KOed by the blast? Sure.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: But actually, do higher numbers help here?
[OOC] WC GM: Eh - you can also be drifting helpless in space.
[OOC] WC GM: In this battle, that's effectively taken out.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That second one was the one I was gonna ask. Too far out of the way to get back.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: But first I want to know if bigger numbers help here.
[OOC] WC GM: And it's the combined total that matters.
[OOC] WC GM: In your case, it's vs. 0 - the beam doesn't dodge.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is there stress or is it just a test? I mean, does degree of success matter?
[OOC] WC GM: The combined degrees of success matter.
[OOC] WC GM: I.e., Spyboy's + yours + Abraham's + Hrrin's.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK. Could I take a consequence instead?
[OOC] WC GM: Which consequence?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: "Ruptured suit."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I need a pickup, soon.
[OOC] WC GM: Done.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + + (Base: 6 Total: 8)
[OOC] WC GM: And again, that's vs. 0, so 8 more on the pile. Abraham!
Zinda Tegram watches the blast, pleased. However, one piece of debris goes the wrong way, and tears up Zinda's suit!
Zinda Tegram: "I got the target, but my suit's ruptured. I need a pickup."
Zinda Tegram: "Hrrin, can you get me the Lanze back?"
Abraham fires a fulls spread of rounds into the cloud of drones. Not to do damage, but to get the attention of as many fighters as he can. He then turns and heads for the null-zone, retro-firing just before it and allowing the cloud to stream past him into the zone.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - + - (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Resolve)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Taaaagz
[OOC] Abraham: Tag 'Can Out Math Aliens' for reroll
[OOC] Spyboy: Don't do it!
[OOC] Spyboy: Tag for bonus!
[OOC] Abraham: Ah. K.
It does not help much, but every little bit…
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin!
[OOC] Abraham: Tags Can Out Math aliens and Does the Job and runs
[OOC] Abraham: And that's my FP.
Abraham: "I need to learn how to be more annoying."
Hrrin: Hrrin is at an impasse. Zinda is adrift in space…but this is a target rich environment! What Would Tegram Do? The answer is obvious.
[OOC] WC GM: Total of 18 so far.
Hrrin: .Fudge 3; Gunnery (Shooting Ships in such a way that damage and debris goes for the Null Beam. Tagging +A Taste for Overkill, and, if I can, Swarms of Fighters.)
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: - 0 - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Gunnery (Shooting Ships in such a way that damage and debris goes for the Null Beam. Tagging +A Taste for Overkill, and, if I can, Swarms of Fighters.))
[OOC] WC GM: So, true base 7, total 5?
[OOC] Abraham: Okay, Chessa likes the beam
[OOC] Hrrin: Well, I can make one of those a re-roll.
[OOC] Hrrin: Yeah. Unless I want re-roll.
[OOC] Spyboy: Eh.
[OOC] Spyboy: 18% chance you're better off rerolling than taking +2.
[OOC] Hrrin: We're good, then.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: What's the chance you're worse?
The enemy fighters keen to the tactic, and begin shooting the debris - even their own ships plunging in.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 0 + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Gunnery + Swarming With Fighters)
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
[OOC] Spyboy: I'm not quite sure.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oppose it?
[OOC] WC GM: If you have a way to parry their shots.
[OOC] Spyboy: I was misreading my columns.
[OOC] Spyboy: 38% chance of better, 38% chance of worse, 23% chance of equal.
[OOC] WC GM: And 1% chance of rounding error?
[OOC] Spyboy: Yup.
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway, you're up.
Spyboy bounces signals off some of the debris as it enters the Null Zone, sucking yet more fighters in for suicidal attacks on targets that will just do our job better if destroyed.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Tactics to sucker the right ones in)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 1 Total: 2) (Tactics)
[OOC] WC GM: Rerolling, or…?
Zinda Tegram: "…Of course, we're idiots. Spyboy, communications to get the rest of the forces to push debris into the null zone to cut off their wormhole!"
Zinda Tegram: "We're not the only ones here!"
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy just went, but that would be a legit action for Zinda.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it?
[OOC] WC GM: Since it's now Zinda's turn.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, patch me into whoever's running the show in the outer shell."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Intimidation. Do what I say or this system is toast.)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Pre-rolling.
[OOC] WC GM: +Free tag for guessing that Aspect.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh thanks!
[OOC] WC GM: For a total of 6, which puts your running total to…
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: 24
Spyboy: "There isn't anyone. Try the emergency channel, it's crowded but everyone seems to be listening to it."
[OOC] WC GM: Not the total I had, but then, the enemy roll subtracted.
Zinda Tegram taps into the local emergency channel.
Paniced alerts and statuses fill the channel.
Zinda Tegram: "That huge null zone is the firing line of a large laser cannon holding open their jump point! If we can push enough into the firing line, we can block it long enough to cut off their jump access!"
Zinda Tegram: "Hey! Hey! Listen you dumbfucks!"
WC GM: "What'd she say?" "Worth a shot." "Nothing else we're trying has worked."
Zinda Tegram: "You better!"
The contacts are too far off to see, but the laser as measured by its refraction from the debris dims down…and then the jump point collapses.
One heartbeat passes.
Two.
Then the jump point ripples, a capital ship emerging…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 21 Total: 17) (Gunnery + Surprise Attack + Swarm of Missiles + Nephilim-Seeking Warheads + Have Some Fighters Too + More Dakka + Yet More Dakka + Never Enough Dakka + Rescue the Captain!)
Zinda Tegram: "Looks like we found our source!"
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot - meep)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Re-roll that come on….
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + + + (Base: 21 Total: 24) (Gunnery + Surprise Attack + Swarm of Missiles + Nephilim-Seeking Warheads + Have Some Fighters Too + More Dakka + Yet More Dakka + Never Enough Dakka + Rescue the Captain!)
Abraham: "Hey… I think I recognize that ship…"
[OOC] WC GM: The aspect used should become apparent very soon.
[OOC] Spyboy: I figured =p
Roland: "Roland calling Captain Bounty! Are you there?"
[OOC] Spyboy: I like the other aspects, too =p
Abraham: "Bounty here, Roland. You certainly are a sight for sore eyes."
Zinda Tegram: "Fuckin finally. I need a pickup, and any scum who would leave Zinda Tegram of The Pious Sky to die can go to hell. Hrrin."
Death comes from every point of the Roland - one of the four carriers. Missiles, fighters with missiles and guns, and the Nephilim fighters in the vicinity are soon so much scrap.
Hrrin leans over and punches -Captain- Abraham in the arm. "You've been holding out on us!"
Roland: "…on a Kilrathi fighter?"
Hrrin deftly maneuvers Stern Lanze towards Zinda's drifting point. "You would have wanted me to shoot something."
Abraham: "But in the pilot's chair, Roland."
Roland: "Assuming you have some stories to tell. You and the other two friendlies are clear for landing."
Abraham shrugs and turns to Hrrin. "It didn't seem to be all that important at the time."
Spyboy: "Copy that, Roland."
Zinda Tegram scrambles into the frame and seals it, before rigging the internal atmosphere to pressurize correctly so as to not give her depressurization sickness.
Zinda Tegram: "Hey Karlt."
[OOC] Spyboy: Eh, hopefully your passenger is fine.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Karlt had a rad-suit too.
Karlt is still KOed, but otherwise okay.
Abraham flies Hrrin's ship into Roland's landing bay.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License