Session 1 15

B4 heaves a sigh of relief.
B4: "Looks like they decided not to give you that implant after all."
Elles: "Negative. Weee have been considering it."
B4 takes her hat, throws it on the ground, picks it up, dusts it off, and puts it back on her head.
B4: "…..ah."
Elles: "We are unsure whyyy you would want it. Integration gives no benefits beyond the jump point."
Elles: "Save for communication with my child."
Spyboy: "Even with the child-node in tow?"
Spyboy: "Exactly. Also, it is highly probable that we will meet again."
Elles: "No overwhelming objections noted. Mild concern for your safety. More concern for mental well being of your lago partner."
Elles: "Suggestion that both of you be integrated. Both or neither evaluated as superior to only one."
Spyboy was about to say something, but pauses to think about that.
B4 grabs Spyboy's arm and clings to it. She looks a bit scared but determined.
Spyboy: "Would you be okay with that?"
B4: "Ah…."
Zinda Tegram starts to walk out. "I'll be back at the ships when you're done with this."
Abraham: "That's an interesting point Elles. Is it customary for only both of a married couple to be integrated?"
As they consider, a coffin-sized pod levitates up the Shaft, then heads out the exit the party was headed for, buzzing Zinda.
B4: "We're leaving, right? So we'll be away from them?"
B4: "So it'll be you and me…that wouldn't be so bad."
Elles: "Negative. Defining 'customary' as 'standard practice', the majority of cases see one partner in a marriage integrated and the other dead, prior to the integration."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Buzzing as in zipping past or buzzing as in BZZZZ?
Spyboy: "You and me and him/her/it, whatever Elles put in that pod."
[OOC] WC GM: The former. Close, but a miss.
Zinda Tegram leans away from the pod but keeps walking.
B4 jerks her head upright! Her eyes narrow. She holds Spyboy's arm even more tightly, enough that she almost winces.
B4: "I'll do it! I'll have to, to keep an eye on you."
Spyboy: "Okay, Elles. How hard is the procedure?"
Hrrin watches the 'coffin' whirr past.
Elles: "Invoking sarcasm subprocessor. It is not something I have done millions of times a year…oh, wait, it is. Sarcasm subprocessor test successful."
Spyboy: "I didn't mean to imply for you."
Spyboy: "How hard is it for the recipient?"
Elles: "Difficulty for recipient depends entirely upon recipient. Insufficient data to judge accurately in Terran cases."
Abraham: "Well, is there any possibility of rejection or any other problems because Spyboy is human and not Lago?"
Elles: "Yes."
Abraham turns to look at Spyboy to see his reaction.
Spyboy: "Eh, that was a given. If she has the differences in Terran and Lago neurology worked out in advance-"
Elles: "Possibility of success is greater than zero. Possibility of failure is greater than zero."
Spyboy: "You…do have the differences in Terran and Lago neuorology worked out in advance, right?"
Abraham: "Well, I suppose that's all we really can hope for."
Elles: "Innn theory."
Hrrin: "Alfred."
Elles: "Projecting higher likelihood of problems due to integration with current partner."
Spyboy: "Oh, good point."
Spyboy: "Oh?"
Hrrin: "Regarding neurological differences."
Elles: "To put it mildly, the two of you will know all the secrets you have kept from one another - what you really think of one another. Sometimes this ends well. Other times this does not."
Elles: "Relevant question: how much do you really trust one another? Beyond merely saving each others' lives."
B4 looks at Michael.
B4: "They call him Spyboy because he finds out secrets."
B4: "I trust him enough to do this with him."
As Elles waits for Spyboy's answer, Karlt's voice comes over the radio. "Zinda, there's a drone here trying to load a cargo pod onto your fighter."
Spyboy kisses B4 on the forehead.
Spyboy: "Go for it, Elles."
Zinda Tegram: "Any markings on the drone? Don't stop it."
Two mechanical arms almost melt out of a nearby metal wall, one each homing in on the backs of B4's and Spyboy's necks.
Karlt: "No markings. The pod's shrinking as it's loaded…looks like it's changing into something."
Zinda Tegram: "That's expected."
Zinda Tegram: "Send hell, send me the camera feed."
Zinda Tegram: "I'll take a look for myself."
Spyboy hides a wince as B4 clutches tighter, closes her eyes, and buries her face in his shoulder. His hand is growing visibly red.
The arms poke into the backs of the necks, sliding in chips, working while making the minimum incision.
The camera feed shows that coffin, now at rest inside Zinda's fighter, morphing into a roughly humanoid shape. Skin begins to grow over it.
Zinda Tegram: "This is as expected Karlt."
Zinda Tegram: "If it wakes up, just…hide it in Hrrin's ship."
Slowly, the frame begins to take shape. It is sized as a human adolescent, a slender child of below average height crafted from blued steel. The arms and legs seem almost too thin and delicate, perhaps malnourished, though it has a metal skeleton instead of bone and is obviously capable of enduring far more force than a human of that build.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Does it have clothes? D :
The head is slightly oversized with slightly larger than average, exceptionally human gray eyes, slightly smaller than average mouth, and no ears to speak of. Teeth are metallic and blue.
Caucasian skin and shoulder-length blue-black hair form, followed by a jumpsuit. Nails have a translucent bluish tint. Gender is doll-like neuter.
[OOC] WC GM: It does when it's finished.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That's better.
[OOC] WC GM: But the skin itself is obviously "clothing" too, having watched it form.
[OOC] Spyboy: Hide IT in Hrrin's ship, or hide in Hrrin's ship?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Hide it.
Hrrin: "What?"
Hrrin: "Seriously, -what-?"
Once it settles on a size, it is 1.42 meters with a slender frame.
Meanwhile, Spyboy and B4 feel spikes of pain at the same time…and then are seeing out of one another's eyes at the same time as their own.
Elles: "Performing cross-check calibration."
Spyboy: "Ah-"
B4: "Ah-"
Audio, kinesthetics - every sense is overlaid in turn, and then they are in their own bodies, but can hear one another's words before they come out as voice.
And then there is a massive "Hello" , with the warm embrace of an uncountable swarm of hugs.
Spyboy: "My god…it's full of hugs…."
Abraham: "Your religion must be very different than mine, Spyboy…"
B4 is blushing furiously.
Hrrin: "…if there is one thing I have learned in Mu Cephei, it is this;"
Hrrin: "Lago are /very/ huggy."
Spyboy: "Oh, how so? No, that's not what he meant- but the- wait, wait, wait-"
Spyboy furrows his brow.
Elles: "Yes, weee are."
Spyboy: "This is a communications device! I can just…."
Spyboy clamps down on the input!
The input is hard to clamp down on.
Spyboy: "Stopping…focusing….separating………getting dizzy….."
[OOC] WC GM: You'd be rolling Resolve versus…maybe 8?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Triple tag and a good roll would do it.
[OOC] WC GM: Well, 6 at least.
Spyboy: "Okay, at least now I know what I'm seeing and what I'm hearing and what I'm…see-hearing?"
[OOC] WC GM: They'd be tagging & spending fate points to counter.
Separating out Spyboy's own senses is not that hard, after a bit of practice.
But Spyboy can feel the lagos rifling through his every memory - including Terran Confederation secrets.
Spyboy looks at B4, who's blushing harder than ever.
Spyboy: "MINE!"
Spyboy glares at empty space and snarls.
Spyboy picks up B4 and runs!
The general response is, "YOURS!" , along with a flood of suggestions and tweaks and shared memories of similarly devoted pairings among the lagos.
The lagos do not chase Spyboy. Their thoughts are with him, where he runs.
Spyboy sends distracting threads of thought to keep those secrets where they belong.
[OOC] Abraham: And now Spyboy knows why I'm not allowed to get integrated. At least not with an alien race.
[OOC] Spyboy: I figured that when you said it earlier =p
Spyboy looks down at B4's face. Protective violence starts building in his thoughts.
[OOC] Abraham: There's a world of difference between figuring and /knowing/ :P
Spyboy: "You know….this is a communications device, and I know communications devices."
Hrrin: "I thought it was a lifestyle."
Spyboy: "If you don't get out of our heads and give her a chance to rest, I WILL turn this into a jammer."
[OOC] WC GM: The party is moving out of the Shaft and back to their fighters, yes?
[OOC] Spyboy: Yes.
[OOC] Abraham: Yes.
Elles: "What you ask is impossible."
Elles: "Believe me, weee have tried."
Spyboy: "Huh. So maybe you'd find the jammer useful?"
Elles: "Experiments. Curiosity. We just were unable to will ourselves to separate."
Abraham perks up at that. Impossible. Whoever bothered to invent such a useless word?
Elles: "Weee would counter the jammer like white blood cells, in lago AND human immune systems, reject foreign objects."
[OOC] Spyboy: Well, gotta have some word for 'really really difficult, like harder than almost impossible'
Elles: "We would have no choice."
Elles: "It would be as reflex for us."
Spyboy: "Eh - if it were that good, there'd be no such thing as cybernetics…"
Another mind flickers, reaching out to B4 and Spyboy - but it is incoherent, and soon fades away to sleep. They recognize the perspective as coming from inside Zinda's fighter.
Zinda Tegram walks up to her ship and examines the child-node.
The child-node seems to be asleep.
Zinda Tegram: "Can't have you jacked in, Kid."
Zinda Tegram climbs in starts to go through the un-load munitions procedure.
The child-node is not wired up to the fighter. It is just using the inside as a place to rest.
[OOC] WC GM: What's Zinda unloading?
Zinda Tegram nods.
[OOC] WC GM: The shell?
Hrrin crouches down and taps it, compulsively curious.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah.
It is unresponsive, and soon lays on the platform the fighters are on.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy is security risk enough. I don't want it in here. Can you keep it?"
Spyboy: "We may as well."
Karlt salutes as the party emerges onto the platform. "All's secure."
B4 cozies up to Spyboy.
Spyboy: "Not thinking about security risks right now."
Hrrin: "Sure. I'd say, 'wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've hauled,' but…."
Sparks and the hum of power tools come from all around.
Zinda Tegram looks blankly forward. "I might have some…" Zinda looks at spyboy and shuts her mouth.
Abraham: "I'm always thinking Security Risks…"
Hrrin: "Did you expect to be able to keep them out?"
Zinda Tegram turns her back on Spyboy and begins launch preparations.
Spyboy: "Currently focusing on suppressing the porn spam."
Zinda Tegram: "What do they know?"
Karlt: "Ah, if we're launching soon, we could escort the next refugee ship."
Zinda Tegram: "Sounds good Karlt."
Zinda Tegram checks the access logs and new messages.
B4 nuzzles Spyboy's neck.
No new messages. No contact since landing, except from within the planet.
Spyboy: "Apparently doing much better than my wife."
B4 giggles.
Zinda Tegram mumbles. "Geoffrey you mute sunuvabitch this isn't like you…"
Hrrin hides her smile behind her hand.
Abraham turns to B4 and Spyboy. "Okay, let's get this out of the way right now. Sometimes we may tell both of you to leave a room so the rest of us can discuss things. This doesn't mean that we don't like you. It doesn't mean we don't trust you. It means we don't trust the passengers you both have rideing around inside your heads. Are you both perfectly clear on this?"
Spyboy: "Sir, I got good news and bad news."
Spyboy: "The good news is they didn't get anything classified from me."
Spyboy: "The bad news is that's because they already got it from their spies."
Zinda Tegram glances at Karlt.
Karlt blinks.
Zinda Tegram chuckles. Well…
Spyboy: "Now I'm gonna take my wife, get in my fighter, and do some hard-core distracting. Miss Tegram, could you remote-pilot my ship out?"
Zinda Tegram: "Alright, that's not surprising."
Abraham: "Their other spies are not our problem. Frankly they could *be* the top brass and that wouldn't change anything."
Spyboy: "…..oooh, bad choice of terms…"
Zinda Tegram: "I can do that."
Abraham: "My job is to make sure that they don't get anything else from us."
Spyboy hops in the pilot seat of the fighter, B4 in his lap, and closes the canopy.
Zinda Tegram: "Slave it to Hrrin's ship. I'll get you to orbit."
Karlt: "Zinda, I hope you do not mind if I make a point of riding with you rather than them?"
Abraham cocks an eyebrow at Karlt's question but keeps his peace.
Zinda Tegram: "If you can give me a good reason."
Zinda Tegram kicks the door to Hrrin's junker open.
Karlt: "…that works too."
Hrrin: "Hey!"
Hrrin: "Gentle with that."
Zinda Tegram: "Actually, no, I have an idea."
Hrrin: "Just replaced the seals."
Karlt loads the shell into Hrrin's fighter, then squeezes on board himself.
Zinda Tegram climbs in to Hrrin's cockpit. "Authorize it."
Hrrin: "Authorize….what?"
Zinda Tegram: "Karlt, you'll fly with me, you understand."
Zinda Tegram: "Log me in."
Hrrin: "Rrrright."
Zinda Tegram waits for Hrrin to log Zinda into the Lynx's Eye.
Hrrin types a string or two, and flicks three switches above the cockpit when she's done.
Zinda Tegram does a test burn and glances at Spyboy's ship to make sure the remote piloting is set up correctly.
Zinda Tegram: "If you have a faraday cage on the canopy, be sure to activate it."
Spyboy: "Won't do any good, neutrino comms, remember? I'm doing what I can with - ooooooooh -"
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, was about to call for Science checks on that.
Spyboy: "…with the comms they gave us broadcasting static."
Zinda Tegram: "That's fine."
Zinda Tegram pulls out an old clunky style radiation suit from the trunk.
Zinda Tegram: "Karlt, put that on."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I know my stunt.
Karlt looks at it, then complies. "Do I want to know what you're planning?"
Zinda Tegram: "No."
Karlt: "Didn't think so. So is Hrrin or Abraham going to pilot your fighter?"
Zinda Tegram: "Nope. We're going up later."
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin and Abraham are still stnading around, right?
Abraham: "Tell me it's not a space walk."
Karlt: "Ahh…not an option."
Karlt: "We have to launch soon, and together."
Zinda Tegram: "Just getting spyboy to Orbit first."
[OOC] Abraham: AFAIK. Well, sitting probably
[OOC] Hrrin: Hrrin's in her fighter.
Karlt points to the sparks and - now visible - workers around the shaft surrounding the platform.
Zinda Tegram tweaks the setting and starts hovering spyboy's fighter. ((He's in right?))
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin's with Zinda and Karlt and the shell in her fighter?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, Spyboy and B4 are in Spyboy's craft.
Zinda Tegram: "I'm just getting spyboy up, then we go."
Karlt: "No time. Abraham, get on Zinda's fighter and let's go!"
Zinda Tegram: "Tch!"
Zinda Tegram: "You take them up Abraham."
Zinda Tegram climbs out and pulls her own radiation suit on.
Karlt: "No, you don't understand. This platform is about to be in use."
Karlt: "We need to be out of here before then."
Many footsteps sound from outside.
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah I get it, making it go faster. Get in the Lanze."
Zinda Tegram: "You wanted to fly with me right?"
Abraham: "All right. I can do that."
Karlt hops out of the Kilrathi fighter and into the Lanze.
Abraham settles into the pilot's chair.
Abraham does a pre-flight check and waits for everyone to be ready.
Zinda Tegram climbs into the Lanze in her suit before sealing the frame.
Spaceship components are visible all around the launch silo.
Zinda Tegram: "That suit's secure Karlt?"
Karlt: "Secure enough. Let's go!"
Zinda Tegram: "OK!"
Hrrin confirms for the second time that everything's in working order, and the 'Magic/More Magic' switch is definitively set to 'More Magic.'
Zinda Tegram goes through startup, and at the very end pulls open a plastic cage over a big red button labelled -INTERNAL EM-
Zinda Tegram: "We're going to have a chat, Karlt."
The "Magic/More Magic" switch is, merely, extra grounding of electronics to the frame. But it does the job.
[OOC] WC GM: Fighters taking off?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yep.
[OOC] Abraham: roll?
[OOC] WC GM: No need.
[OOC] WC GM: Not with your amounts of practice.
Zinda Tegram leans back and thrusts directly up and out of the bay.
Abraham launches.
As the party launches, ship components slam into place underneath, stage by stage as they clear ascent. Lagos stream on board even before the ship finishes construction - and then it launches right behind the party.
Zinda Tegram: "So, Karlt, make sure that suit doesn't come loose. The internal EM shielding is off and this cockpit should be positively cooking with radiation."
Karlt: "Ooo…kay, and this doesn't cook you?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Took a suit too IIRC
Spyboy: "Be careful, Zinda….remember it doesn't protect against….neutrino comms."
[OOC] WC GM: From a different source, so Karlt isn't sure about it.
Zinda Tegram: "It's fission, there should be a fair bit of extra Neutrinos here."
Zinda Tegram: "That reminds me." Zinda cuts comms.
Zinda Tegram: "You're pretty well informed Karlt."
Zinda Tegram puts a hand over her torch.
Karlt: "It's my job."
Zinda Tegram: "You should tell me a bit more about it. Like who you're working for."
Zinda Tegram sets the ship on autopilot.
Karlt sighs. "Myself?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yep."
Karlt: "The same side we're all on, in the end."
Zinda Tegram: "That's completely unhelpful and you know it, Karlt."
Zinda Tegram: "For instance, you probably know who we spent all that time with down there, yes?"
Zinda Tegram: "You approached me and Hrrin alone, at first I thought you were a confed agent but that doesn't quite make sense either."
Karlt: "I've heard stories."
Zinda Tegram: "So…I'll ask one more time before I start getting scary Karlt."
Zinda Tegram: "Who are you working you for?"
Zinda Tegram unclips the torch.
Karlt: "What you want to be asking is who I am working WITH."
Zinda Tegram: "That's fine too."
Karlt: "No one's paying me. I'm nobody's tool - that I know of. But there are a lot of lagos who would like to see the situation on Prime resolved."
Zinda Tegram: "I'd like to see that too, of course. The trick is what counts as resolution."
Karlt: "Many of them are refugees, like the ones on our tail."
Zinda Tegram: "What -does- count as resolution?"
[OOC] WC GM: Is the party flying escort for that ship, BTW?
[OOC] WC GM: Or generally flying with it?
Zinda Tegram is tailing it.
Karlt: "Getting everyone off the rock, of course."
[OOC] Abraham: Flying with it, but can become an escort if needed
Zinda Tegram: "Does everyone include AI?"
Karlt: "…"
Zinda Tegram: "Yes or no, Karlt."
Karlt: "…I'd heard stories…did you really encounter…well, there's that robot. I guess I shouldn't have to even ask now."
[OOC] Spyboy: Why? Sudden attack by Oldzeyan pirates? I'm sure Geoffrey is a nice girl.
Karlt: "So I'd guess, yes, it does."
Zinda Tegram: "Really. Would you fire off a Temblor to accomplish that?"
Karlt: "What?!?"
Zinda Tegram flicks the torch on.
Zinda Tegram: "Well?"
Zinda Tegram: "That's what -some- plan to do."
Karlt: "Why would that even be necessary?"
Zinda Tegram: "Tell the truth, Karlt."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 + + (Base: 5 Total: 6) (Intimidation, tagging 'Hundred-Eyed Demon.')
Zinda Tegram menaces Karlt with the torch.
Zinda Tegram: "One little cut in that suit and you're a dead bunny."
Karlt: "I don't know what you're talking about!" He, indeed, does not seem to.
Zinda Tegram cuts the torch.
Zinda Tegram: "I hope so."
Karlt: "What ARE you talking about? Temblor bombs?"
Zinda Tegram turns forward and presses the EM-INTERNAL button again.
Zinda Tegram: "There's a faction of Lago on that planet who are -very- well informed and plan to fire off a Temblor bomb to try and blow a segment of the planet off and ride it through the jump point."
Karlt: "…"
Zinda Tegram: "It's insane."
Karlt: "YES."
Zinda Tegram: "You familiar with the concept of 'paper-clip' AI's Karlt?"
Karlt: "Although…it does fit with how driven some of the lagos I've been working with have been."
Karlt cocks his head. "An AI that's the size of a paperclip?"
Zinda Tegram: "Hahaha, no. The AI is at least 20 million kilometers cubed."
Karlt: "…"
Zinda Tegram: "That's why they want to blow a section off, to take the AI with them."
Karlt: "…that…yeah, that makes a certain twisted sense."
Zinda Tegram: "The AI derives utility from digging. The prime directive here is 'Dig deeper' or somesuch."
Zinda Tegram: "It's run out of space to Dig on Mu Cephei. It needs to move."
Zinda Tegram: "It has rough approximations of Oldziey ship designs, when we left it was tearing up an Armada it had recently constructed to build hydroponics to feed 'Integrated' Lagos. Spyboy can tell you more about integration."
Zinda Tegram: "By the way, nothing sensitive gets said to or near Spyboy."
Zinda Tegram: "Ever."
Karlt: "…okay?"
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy will explain it if you ask him. He knows."
Meanwhile, the comms on Abraham's/Hrrin's fighter lights up.
Hrrin punches to activate. "Aye?"
Zinda Tegram checks her wrist watch.
Zinda Tegram: "You can probably take that suit off."
Karlt: "I'll keep it on for now."
Zinda Tegram: "Smart."
Geoffrey: "Skull Squadron to Zinda's wingmate! Can you get her to open up her comms? Ah, forget it - just tell her you're about to run into interdiction. You'll be under attack if you maintain your present course."
Spyboy: "Hey, Zinda, you forgot to turn off the neutrino comm. Could you turn your regular comms back on?"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda happens to have the neutrino comm unit?
[OOC] Spyboy: Thought we got a whole set.
Abraham: "Rodger that. Thanks for the heads up."
[OOC] WC GM: Either way.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Wouldn't matter too much with a fission reactor right there, but I should catch that signal.
Zinda Tegram: "Copy."
Zinda Tegram switches off the Elles!Comm and turns back on normal comms. "This is Sterne Lanze, identify yourself."
Geoffrey: "This is Skull Squadron. Advise immediate change of course. The shipyards are going to fire on you if you close in."
Spyboy: "Which shipyards?"
Geoffrey: "The ones you're headed for! The last refugee ship was a bunch of plague victims, and they had an outbreak. They're worried someone's doing biological warfare, so they're turning away all further refugees for the moment."
Abraham: "I see. They're probably right."
Zinda Tegram: "$Identify Target's offensive capacity$"
[OOC] WC GM: Alertness, everyone.
Zinda Tegram addresses the refugee ship. "If you continue on that course it is highly probable you will be shot at by the shipyards you're approaching. Advise change of course."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Alertness)
The refugee ship has no comms.
It barely has life support.
Zinda Tegram frowns. "Spyboy, are there any Integrated Lagos on that ship?"
Spyboy: "Hey! Anyone in that ship, change course! Can anyone in there hear me?"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + - + + (Base: 2 Total: 4)
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + + 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Alertness)
[OOC] Abraham: Alertness
Indeed, there are a few. 5 in total. Just passengers, though.
Zinda Tegram frowns. "I'll make them change course!"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Pilot)
Zinda Tegram flies dangerously close in front of the ship to try and force it to change course.
The party looks at the refugee ship just at the right time. Space distorts, and a squadron of fighters decloaks in close formation, moving in to board.
Zinda Tegram: "Geoffrey what the hell am I looking at here. The refugees have boarders."
Geoffrey: "$Target's suspected capacity is injection of biological agents into refugee ships. We don't know how, but somehow they get close-$"
Hrrin: "Oh /hell/"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's sharing her sensors?
Zinda Tegram: "$Targets identifed. Broadcasting sensor feed. Eyes advises engagement.$"
Geoffrey: "$THAT'S THEM! SHOOT THEM BEFORE THEY CAN BOARD!$"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Gunnery)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging born in the cockpit for reroll.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 + + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Gunnery)
Zinda's salvo is enough to scare them off from boarding. They turn on the party.
Spyboy: "Zinda, jink left, Abe jink right!"
Zinda Tegram: "$Well Geoffrey, just like old times?$"
Spyboy lays in a set of vectors and transmits them to the squadron.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - + 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Tactics)
Abraham broadcasts to the boarding party: "You can turn around right now and this doesn't have to get any worse, but remember, I only offer once."
One of the boarding fighters replies with a warning shot across Abraham's bow.
[OOC] Hrrin: What sort of fighters are they? Fed? 'Oldziey?'
Abraham does not broadcast this, "Well, now I don't have to feel like I'm comitting murder at least."
[OOC] WC GM: Heavily patched and modified, but vaguely Kilrathi.
[OOC] Hrrin: Huh. That could be anything.
[OOC] Abraham: True.
[OOC] Spyboy: Got our hook for the next section, though!
[OOC] WC GM: Did you want to logend before combat, or run combat then end?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I want to dogfight. : D
[OOC] Spyboy: We can probably finish this combat
Abraham tries to force the boarding party into tactically bad positions by effectively playing chicken with them.
[OOC] Hrrin: I don't want to go too far over 5pm EST, but I'm game for a fight.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Resolve (Maneuver: Out of Position aspect))
[OOC] Abraham: It's been a while, is that enough for an aspect?
[OOC] Spyboy: Planting it on an enemy they have a chance to Defend.
[OOC] Abraham: ah. K then.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I can't triple fate-point bomb, so I'll need to stack free-tags.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah, so save it for your turn.
[OOC] WC GM: Speaking of - turn order is Zinda, Abraham/Hrrin (they're in one fighter; Hrrin can do EW or similar actions, or take over the guns), enemies, Spyboy.
[OOC] WC GM: So. Zinda!
Zinda Tegram flies past the mystery fighter as it turns to face her, using her lateral thrusters to flip over into a tailing position!
[OOC] Abraham: If Hrrin wants the guns, she can have them.
[OOC] WC GM: Is that a Maneuver?
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - - - (Base: 4 Total: 0) (Pilot to place aspect 'On their tail' on the fighter.)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tagging born in the cockpit to re-roll.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Pilot)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Pilot for defense)
[OOC] Hrrin: sounds good. I'm not great shakes as a pilot.
[OOC] Abraham: Chessa… I have no ide… nah that's a lie.
It's close, but Zinda manages to set up pursuit.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham & Hrrin!
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 4 Total: 2) (Resolve (Maneuver: Out of Position aspect))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Double tag gives me the free-tag.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah.Tagging Military Family for the reroll
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + - - (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Resolve (Maneuver: Out of Position aspect), Reroll)
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Gunnery)
[OOC] Abraham: yay
Again, barely - but Abraham's piloting pays off, and Hrrin scores a clean hit.
Hrrin: "Hrr. Nice guns you have, here."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Isn't their standing defense 4?
Abraham: "I've grown fond of them."
[OOC] Abraham: Unless he's doing private chessa schenanigains so we don't know their base…
[OOC] WC GM: I'm assuming OoP took the free-tag and the shot took the free-tag from that?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I need those free-tags to land my kill shot, but it's their call.
[OOC] Abraham: I leave it up to Hrrin.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham would have neede the On Their Tail free-tag to land Out of Position.
[OOC] WC GM: Though that uses a free-tag to make a free-tag, so no net change.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: One is on the fighter, so not worth it.
[OOC] Abraham: brb
[OOC] WC GM: Okay, looks like assumption was wrong. No free-tags taken, so the 3s miss.
The clean hit is taken by a bio-green capsule on the fighter's underbelly. …well, at least THAT fighter won't be infecting any refugees, but the rest of the squadron buzzes about like flies.
There are 5 in all, and all 5 take potshots at the party - 1 upon Abraham & Hrrin, 2 on each of the others.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Pilot)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - - (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Gunnery vs. Spyboy)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Gunnery vs. Spyboy)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 5) (Gunnery vs. Zinda)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + - (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Gunnery vs. Zinda)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Gunnery vs. Abraham/Hrrin)
Zinda handily evades her incoming fire. (+1 Spin)
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Pilot)
B4 is still distracted - but she's enough to get past the lame shots on her and Spyboy.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Pilot (Ohgodohgodohgod I don't wanna die))
Zinda Tegram easily weaves between the fire. "Attention unidentified fighter group, you have challenged The Hundred Eyed Demon, stand down if you value your lives."
None of the shots land, ultimately.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy: "Zinda, follow this course *transmit* and you'll be in a very good position."
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 + + - (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Tactics to place "Very Good Position" on Zinda.)
Zinda Tegram: "Copy."
[OOC] WC GM: And Zinda's turn!
Zinda Tegram: "$Geoffrey when we're done here you're gonna tell me what the hell Alfred was up here for.$"
Geoffrey: "$When you're done, find a place for that refugee ship and come help us at the jump point!$"
Zinda Tegram lets loose with her cannons to control more space.
Zinda Tegram: "$In Harvest's name, I swear it.$"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Gunnery to place Starfields Blazing)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Scene aspect
[OOC] WC GM: Success! Abraham/Hrrin, you're up.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Triple-tag is up. Just shoot at them for a bit? : D
Hrrin: "Did they just…take old #bio-warfare# designs and kludge them into boarder-capable models? Hell of a patch job, that must have been…"
Abraham: "Well, let's try that again…
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 0 (Base: 4 Total: 3) (Resolve (Maneuver: Out of Position aspect), Reroll)
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + - 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Engineering (Assessment/Declaration aspect to get a better sense of how these things are put together and discover/name a weakness in their construction.))
[OOC] Abraham: I'll let it stand
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Piloting to evade)
NOW they are, indeed, Out of Position.
[OOC] Abraham: Is that spin I smell?
[OOC] WC GM: No, because spin only accrues to defenders.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah.
[OOC] Spyboy: No, spin only accrues to non-scalar results.
[OOC] Hrrin: Gleefully willing to spend FP on making that a better result, btw.
[OOC] Spyboy: At least I thought so.
[OOC] WC GM: Hrrin: no need.
[OOC] Abraham: Exactly how done blowed up you want them, Hrrin?
[OOC] Spyboy: Never mind! It does say defensive roll.
Abraham broadcasts: "I did offer. You lost your right to complain."
[OOC] Hrrin: Honestly, not -too- much. Those are some goddamn weird ships and they have business being here. Got a mystery on our hands.
Hrrin: Hrrin, at the sensors, has dropped her jaw. "The #hell# are ~they~ doing in here!"
Spyboy: "What?"
Abraham: "Getting shot up?"
Hrrin: "Can we get one alive?"
Spyboy: "Yes."
Zinda Tegram: "No promises."
Spyboy: "Well, unless they suicide. I may not be able to prevent that."
Spyboy: "Please, Zinda, with the edge you have on them now you could probably towcable the trip switch on one of their reactors."
Hrrin: "Look at those designs: they'd belong in a museum, if they weren't shoved together on one frame."
[OOC] Spyboy: That does sound like a +10 task, after all.
Zinda Tegram: "Well, let's get fewer to deal with first."
The enemy squadron makes with the attacks. The exact same distribution.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + + - (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Pilot)
[OOC] WC GM: Tactics or Alertness, everyone, as well as Pilot from the targets.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - 0 (Base: 2 Total: -1) (Gunnery vs. Abraham/Hrrin)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 0) (Tactics)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - - 0 (Base: 2 Total: -1) (Gunnery vs. Zinda)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Gunnery vs. Zinda)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Gunnery vs. Spyboy)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + - - (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Gunnery vs. Spyboy)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Derp wrong skill
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Alertness)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Or I can use the bad roll.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Either way meant Alertness.
[OOC] WC GM: And another Spin for Zinda.
[OOC] Abraham: I'd roll to dodge, but Chessa woudl probably make me zig right into it.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + 0 - - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Pilot from B4)
Hrrin: "Put it like this;"
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham: roll anyway.
B4 is still coping with the transmitter. But the pilots after her and Spyboy are still pretty crap.
[OOC] WC GM: TRY to beat a -1. :P
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Tactics)
Hrrin: "Tegram, if you take our shot at capture and interrogation of renegade Nephilim and carbonize it in a firestorm, I'll mount your bones on a trophy wall."
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 3 Total: 0) (Pilot Rolling anyway.)
[OOC] Abraham: Woo!
[OOC] WC GM: And, anyone else rolling Tactics or Alertness?
Zinda Tegram: "Cool it, Cat, I'll leave one alive for you."
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 - + + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Science for Tactics)
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy's turn
Spyboy: "It doesn't look like capturing one alive will be an option…but I think I can get one undamaged."
Spyboy: "Oh, my! Is that an open port?"
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 3 Total: 3) (Communications against Data attack)
Abraham to Hrrin, but also being broadcast to the group, "I'm sorry Hrrin, but I don't think you're going to get any live ones. There never were any lives ones. These are drones."
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 0 Total: 1) (Resolve (ha ha yeah right))
Hrrin: "Hrr. It didn't make any sense that they'd be here. I'll take what I can get."
[OOC] Abraham: Okay, my message did get posted. Cool. My net dropped right as I wrote that.
Spyboy: "Why yes, that IS an open port! Got a link, and some…yes….aha! Got the code cycle now, inserting….whoops! System error!"
One of the fighters veers off wildly!
Spyboy: "On a more serious note, Zinda, try and make sure none of the rest of them blow that one up, kay?"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's turn!
Abraham: "Good system error or bad system error?"
Abraham: "Nevermind, looks good to me."
Spyboy: "Kernel panic!"
Zinda Tegram: "Copy. OK!"
Zinda Tegram picks a star in the background and stares at it as she weaves in the fire. Finally, between two bursts, she cuts her engines back and backthrusts. "Now!"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 + (Base: 12 Total: 14) (Gunnery!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Pilot)
That is one fine ball of exploding fighter Zinda just made. And then there were 4 enemies.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham & Hrrin!
Zinda Tegram flips around and orients on the next target.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Available free-tags?
[OOC] Abraham: I'll /try/ to set one up for you.
[OOC] WC GM: How many tags did you use?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Three free tags, 2 spin.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Good position, Tail, Starfield Blazing, 2 spin.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + - + - (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Resolve (Maneuver: Illogical formation on the opposition))
[OOC] Hrrin: Right, but if we'd like to burn a FP, I figure Starfield Blazing is still around as a scene aspect?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yes.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yeah, sounds like a sticky aspect.
[OOC] Spyboy: Out of curiousity, how you gonna use Resolve for that one?
[OOC] Hrrin: They only need one of them alive. And drone-fighters have such predictable flight paths when dodging heavy fire.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + - + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Pilot from a different fighter)
[OOC] Abraham: Also it's mostly 'give them a sweet target, then jink at the last minute'
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + - + - (Base: 5 Total: 5) (Gunnery (-1 FP to invoke 'Blazing Starfield.))
[OOC] Abraham: Is how I see it. So it's more about nerve than precice piloting.
[OOC] WC GM: Taking the free-tag from Illogical Formation too?
[OOC] Hrrin: Hmmm, sure!
[OOC] WC GM: 7 vs. 2, then
[OOC] Hrrin: -2 FP, then.
And another enemy fighter goes up in a ball of flame!
[OOC] WC GM: No, -1 FP. Free-tag is free.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham *just* placed it before your roll.
[OOC] Hrrin: So he did.
[OOC] Abraham: I meant it for whoever.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, requesting vector for next target."
Zinda Tegram: "$Burn them all!$"
WC GM rolled up 1d5: 1 (1)
Spyboy: "!She's always so needy.!"
Abraham's and Zinda's attackers continue. The errant fighter turns and shoots…at one of its comrades!
Abraham: "I would like one intact at least. Drones /have/ to carry important data to do their job."
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + - - (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Gunnery vs. Abraham)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 - + (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Gunnery vs. Zinda)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Gunnery vs. enemy)
[OOC] Abraham: Zounds.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + - (Base: 4 Total: 4) (Pilot)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 0 (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Pilot)
They can't even hit each other.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Science for Tactics (If I were a computer I would fire on me /this/ way…))
[OOC] Abraham: Def wins ties?
Spyboy: "Definitely purpose-built. You don't have to be very good at all to hit one of these refugee space-whales."
…which means Abraham zigs THAT way, successfully. (Yes.)
[OOC] Abraham: k
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Zinda Tegram: "$Skull 2, Sitrep.$"
Spyboy: "!If she zigs that way, she'll wind up - no, bad, ah, maybe up - no - aha, that'll do.!"
Spyboy: "Miss Tegram, reverse backspin on my mark."
Zinda Tegram: "Copy."
Geoffrey: "$Leading them on a fancy dodge now that they've shot out our guns. Fortunately they haven't taken us down yet.$"
[OOC] Abraham: Skull 2: "Well, I'm highly entertained by the show you're putting on. But I just ran out of beer and nachos, so prognosis is not looking good…"
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Tactics to place "Still way ahead of you!" on Zinda.)
Zinda Tegram: "$We're almost done here.$"
[OOC] WC GM: Success. Zinda!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Skull 2 was Geoffrey I thought.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Alfred would be Skull 1
Abraham: "Hrrin, what's the fuel capacity on these scrapheaps? Maybe we can run them out of juice and tow one in?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh that was Abraham.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
[OOC] Abraham: Guilty as charged. :P
[OOC] WC GM: And OOC, to boot.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: x D
[OOC] Hrrin: Hmm. That worth another engineering declaration?
[OOC] WC GM: Nah. You know they'll have more than enough fuel to return to base.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 - - (Base: 8 Total: 5) (Gunnery! Freetags "Out of position" and "Still way ahead of you!")
Hrrin: "You'd be better off disabling their engines; you don't build drones that can't return to base for re-fueling."
Spyboy: "Yeah, those're called 'missiles.'"
[OOC] WC GM: Rerolling that?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No fate points.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm dry! xD
Abraham: "Fair enough. Just give me a vector and I'll set you up for that."
It's a hit, but the fighter merely has Damaged Armor.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham & Hrrin!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That an aspect?
[OOC] WC GM: Consequence, even.
[OOC] Abraham: Pretty sure taht's a wound aspect.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Fun.
[OOC] Abraham: er… ^
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Pilot (Maneuver 'Engines are vulnerable'))
[OOC] Abraham: Woo!
[OOC] WC GM: How are you pulling that off w/Pilot?
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, I think I can take it from here."
[OOC] Abraham: By taking the attack vector Hrrin told me to take
Zinda Tegram: "Focus on taking one offline."
[OOC] WC GM: Ah, then that's an aspect only Abraham can use.
[OOC] WC GM: And what's Hrrin's action?
[OOC] Abraham: So I have to take over guns to use it?
[OOC] Hrrin: Two fighters still in play, one damaged, one un-damaged?
[OOC] Hrrin: er, regarding one 'Damaged Armor', the other no consequence?)
[OOC] WC GM: Ah - Hrrin could use it too, sure.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah. K then.
[OOC] WC GM: 3 fighters: 1 damaged, 1 undamaged, 1 crazy.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 - - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Gunnery (Kilrathi intincts prefer targettng the weak and vulnerable, Hrrin targets the drone with Damaged Armor.))
[OOC] WC GM: Rerolling?
[OOC] WC GM: Or is that using Damaged Armor?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Put an aspect on it maybe so I can .fudge 8?
[OOC] Hrrin: I'd like to spend for the re-roll, but I'm not actually tagging Damaged Armor.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: "Stalking the Ships of Home"?
[OOC] WC GM: Alright. Are you using Engines Are Vulnerable, then?
[OOC] Abraham: Tag Combat Engineer.
[OOC] Hrrin: I was figuring 'Kilrathi Combat Engineer,' boring as it is.
[OOC] WC GM: Since that's free-tag only you can use.
[OOC] Hrrin: Nah, no free-tags. If I miss, I miss.
[OOC] WC GM: K
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Pay for it, yeah.
[OOC] Abraham: Nods.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Gunnery (Chasing down weak prey))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Wow.
The fighter, damaged as it is, manages to skirt just past.
[OOC] Abraham: Oh hey, It's Chessa.
[OOC] Hrrin: And low, I shook my fist mightilly and roared and Chessa.
WC GM rolled up 1d5: 4 (4)
The crazed fighter rounds upon Hrrin for attacking its prey…or something. It shoots at Hrrin along with the fighter that has already been attacking her ship, anyway. And the other goes for Zinda.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Gunnery vs. Abraham/Hrrin)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Gunnery vs. Abraham/Hrrin)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + - 0 (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Gunnery vs. Zinda)
Zinda Tegram clicks on her burst signal flares and dives into a wide corkscrew!
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 6 Total: 6) (Pilot with ship stunt.)
Abraham grits his teeth and waits to dodge until the last second.
[OOC] WC GM: And another Spin!
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + + 0 - (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Resolve)
[OOC] WC GM: And 2 Spin!
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy: "No, no, that's MUCH too noisy!"
Spyboy feels through the alien code for the reactor shutdown safeties.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: - 0 - 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Communications)
[OOC] Spyboy: Erf.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Take my spin! And reroll!
[OOC] WC GM: Is spin transferrable?
[OOC] Spyboy: Tagging YGBSM for the reroll, taking Spin.
[OOC] Spyboy: Yes - defender or ally.
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Comms reroll)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Isn't that .fudge 4??
[OOC] WC GM: Huh. Yes, they are.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: With the spin?
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + - (Base: 0 Total: 2) (Resolve)
[OOC] Spyboy: Eh. I forgot why I hate rerolls. Okay, adding in Spin.
[OOC] Hrrin: I thought spin was -always- transferrable.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Wooow Chessa <3
Spyboy feels through…and finds there are no safties. At all.
[OOC] WC GM: Aspect: These AIs Are Suicidal.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda!
Spyboy: "What? That's ridiculous! The only thing keeping these reactors from exploding is LUCK!"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Can I borrow that Spin?
Zinda Tegram spins on her axis while continuing the corkscrew and returns fire!
Abraham: "Which is why they're doing this crap unmanned."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + 0 + (Base: 4 Total: 7) (Gunnery!)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 2 Total: -1) (Pilot)
Abraham: "/I/ woudn't be piloting one of those death traps."
Another fighter-fireball.
[OOC] WC GM: Abraham & Hrrin!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That was the healthy one yes?
[OOC] WC GM: I was assuming you were targeting it, yes.
Abraham: "Looks like It's on you to take one intact, Hrrin."
Zinda Tegram: "$Skull 2, Rendvous coordinates.$"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - - 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Pilot, Maneuver "Engines in my Sights")
Zinda Tegram: "$Only one target left to break.$"
No response from Geoffrey, but you recall he was at the jump point.
Hrrin: "Let's see if I can hamstring it…"
[OOC] Abraham: That I'm going to reroll.
Zinda Tegram: "Guys I'm breaking off early, Skulls need some help."
Zinda Tegram turns to the jump-point and slams on her afterburners.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 0 + + (Base: 3 Total: 5) (Pilot, Maneuver "Engines in my Sights" Reroll tagging Math Geek)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That is V-shift 5, so yeah.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 - - (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Pilot)
Spyboy: "Abe, could you tell the spaceport about the biodrones?"
[OOC] WC GM: Success! Hrrin?
Zinda Tegram flicks scanners on as she disengages.
[OOC] Abraham: Tag 'em all!
Hrrin: Hrrin takes a deep breath, steadies her hangs, and fires.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: 0 - - - (Base: 9 Total: 6) (Gunnery (Engines are Vulnerable; Engines in my Sights, Damaged Armor))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And the spin!
[OOC] WC GM: Rerolling?
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Pilot)
[OOC] Hrrin: Spin: Yes please. Reroll: I'd like this thing disabled. Let me see…
[OOC] Hrrin: Ah. Driven by pride. This is -her- plan, that was -her- call. Failure is simply not an option.
Hrrin rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 10 Total: 10)
[OOC] Abraham: I helped. You can use some of my pride.
[OOC] Hrrin: No sorry only Hrrin's pride is acceptable.
[OOC] Spyboy: Side note: chances that a reroll is equal to or better than a +0 roll is 1-in-5. Slightly less, actually - 18%.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: You want to reroll on -3 or worse right?
[OOC] Abraham: That's what I've been doing.
The damaged fighter shuts completely down, as Hrrin manages to shoot out all its fuel without igniting it.
[OOC] Spyboy: At -2 there's only a 40% chance it goes against you, but that one seems to come up for me every time.
WC GM rolled up 1d3: 2 (2)
Abraham: "Niiiice. Being a combat engieer really matters, huh?"
The crazed fighter keeps shooting at Hrrin's craft.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + + + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 5) (Gunnery)
Abraham: "Now we see if being a fighter pilot does…"
Spyboy: "Yeah, we have problems at home now, too - looks like the gunners were about to shoot the refugees and there's now a mutiny going on. Don'tcha wish you'd told the station that we were fighting the bioweapon ships?"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + + - + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Resolve. Let the computer think he hit you by dodging at the last second.)
[OOC] Abraham: There is Holy. There is Hell. And there is Holy Hell.
It is a good plan. A successful one, even.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy!
Spyboy: "Looks like I got the control loop, but that's not what I actually wanted to get. That would be…THIS!"
Spyboy rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Communications vs. Data software attack)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - - + - (Base: 0 Total: -2) (Resolve)
[OOC] Spyboy: Tagging YGBSM and Massive Dish.
Luck what luck? Trigger reactor self-destruct - and that's another fireball!
Zinda Tegram continues burning to the jump point.
Zinda Tegram: "Geoffrey, don't you fucking die on me!"
[OOC] WC GM: And what are the others doing?
[OOC] WC GM: With the refugee ship not in immediate danger.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: 0 - + - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Alertness)
Zinda easily picks up a gloriously massive hairball in progress all around the jump point.
Zinda has never seen this many fighters in combat at once, even in Oldziey.
Her radar lights up and FILLS with contacts.
Zinda Tegram: "We need support at the jump point, Stat!"
[OOC] Spyboy: Hard burn to the jump point.
Zinda Tegram: "Transmitting Sensor feed!"
Spyboy: "On our way, Zinda!"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License