Session 1 11

And so the party moves in relative silence, relative cover, for now. That vehicle bay ahead is looking awfully exposed, though.
The lago soldiers with the party give them looks. "Will ambush tanks when arrive. Few minutes. You help?"
Zinda Tegram: "Yes."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I have no idea how platoon combat works, sorry. x D
Zinda Tegram nods to Abraham. "This sort of engagement is outside my competence. Care to take over?"
[OOC] WC GM: I'm keeping it simple for the first run through - but let's do extended discussion in the OOC channel.
Abraham nods. "Very well."
[OOC] Abraham: Just so everyone knows, the map it at: https://blacksuncondensates.wdfiles.com/local--files/mu-cephei/1-10-battle-map.png and the unit stats are on the Mu Cephi page on the wiki.
[OOC] WC GM: What he said.
A large door in the side of the wall opens. More announcer babble, about the new tanks coming in.
Soldier: "NOW! Go-"
[OOC] Abraham: Just to make sure, the announcer is speaking in Lago, yes?
Shells launch through the door. Explosions sound from beyond! The soldiers halt.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Spyboy Pearson has his pistol up and ready-
Spyboy Pearson: "Crap - they blew up reinforcements so we couldn't get them."
Zinda Tegram frowns.
Soldier: "Hard way."
Spyboy Pearson: "…on foot?"
Soldier: "Yes."
Zinda Tegram: "I have a plan, but someone is going to need to play bait."
The soldier waves. A few more lagos dash across the vehicle bay. "Ambush is off, but we have help."
Abraham: "What is your plan?"
Spyboy Pearson: "Well, that's something."
The new lagos pause - inside the arcade, thankfully - upon seeing the party.
All in all, there are about three to four squads' worth now.
Zinda Tegram: "That tank's sitting in an exposed position. If someone drew it's attention, we could take a group around the lobby and hit it from the side. It can't fire shells everywhere at once."
Some of these lagos seem to be more heavily armed.
The soldiers chatter among themselves, then, "We go with you. Our leader was in the tanks. Was true target."
Zinda Tegram nods.
Spyboy Pearson waves over the heavy weapons team
Spyboy Pearson: "Follow me."
Zinda Tegram: "Looks like I'll play bait. Come on, this way!"
Abraham looks at Zinda's gun. "I'm thinking that if you can get a decent sniper position, we can move into position, then on our signal you open fire and when it turns to try to find you, we attack."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Zinda - you taking Infantry squad or Command squad?
[OOC] WC GM: Platoon combat, round 1. You have one of each type of squad.
Abraham: "The question is, 'can we find you a decent sniper nest?'"
Zinda Tegram: "I already have one. The Lobby gives me a clear line."
[OOC] WC GM: All three squads are in the Simulator Arcade.
Zinda Tegram: "Just get me a distraction at those craters. Just blast it through some smoke to draw return fire."
Abraham evaluates the amount of cover the potential sniper nest might have.
Zinda Tegram: "We won't need much cover, just a line to hit it on."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Heh. Maybe Zinda should have taken the special weapons squad - I volunteered it because it's also the engineer squad.
Zinda Tegram pulls the half-spent energy cell from her laser cannon.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Let's do that.
Abraham: "Well, if you feel that you will be safe enough…"
[OOC] Abraham: I'm good with it.
[OOC] WC GM: With the amount of blasting, there's a maximum sight range of 1 zone, +1 for each zone going down.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: On the other hand, 'guerilla tactics' is a good method for sniping - the idea being even if you miss really badly, they'll still have to figure out where you were shooting from.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: And that's regular infantry.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, can I see the heavy weapons team?"
[OOC] WC GM: For instance, Reception can see to the Briefing Area, but not vice versa.
[OOC] WC GM: But both can see and be seen by the Security Station Crater.
[OOC] WC GM: Any cover beyond that, you'd have to set up as zone aspects via Maneuvers.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Briefing area?
[OOC] WC GM: Left side of the map.
[OOC] WC GM: For note: the Tank in Blasted Halls has 1 Spotted marker.
[OOC] WC GM: No other - surviving - units on either side have been spotted at this time.
Spyboy Pearson looks at the infantry squad and waves for them to follow him.
Spyboy Pearson: "You're with me, we're coming for his tanks!"
Abraham scuttels from debris pile to debris pile, waving the Lagos forward when he confirms it's clear until they arrive at the Trophy Display area.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Attack action, tank in Blasted Halls. Free move to lobby. Direct Fire vs. Armor, yes?
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: - 0 - + (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Direct Fire 2)
[OOC] Abraham: Fate?
Zinda Tegram waves over the mortar group. "We're going to return fire, ready shells to fire!"
[OOC] WC GM: Which infantry squad is this?
[OOC] WC GM: Regular infantry?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The not-command infantry
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Yes.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 5) (Armour 4)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: …..oh great.
[OOC] Abraham: ^
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: One moment.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That's fine just come back.
The tank leans to the side, tilting up on one tread.
[OOC] WC GM: Can't.
[OOC] WC GM: Move then action then done.
[OOC] WC GM: Next unit.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I can think of two aspects to invoke but that'll only get us a tie. VERY WELL. YOU LIVE FOR NOW.
Zinda Tegram does a dramatic finger point! "FIRE!"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Indirect Fire)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: UGH
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: CHESSA, YOUR TIME WILL COME
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK let's Jam it.
[OOC] WC GM: Tank's defense roll stays on the table.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - + - 0 (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Signals. We can not allow them to get jazz radio)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Unfortunately it'll only accomplish so much - it can still shoot at me or take cover - but…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - 0 - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Signals, using both Spin - the tank bounces its signal back off the explosions)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Ah, so it would have been worth using one aspect to kill Spin….
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: But at least we're not that out of position.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: =o
[OOC] Abraham: Ah well.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: It doesn't get Spin from me.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Guerilla Tactics stunt.
[OOC] WC GM: Ah, right. So only 1 spin.
[OOC] WC GM: Still a tie.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Not that it needed it.
[OOC] Abraham: Killing spin is it's own reward.
The tank moves up to the Lobby and attempts to overrun Spyboy's unit!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - + 0 (Base: 4 Total: 5)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Hand to Hand attack?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
[OOC] WC GM: Ram to hand, in this case.
Spyboy Pearson scatters like bunnies heading into the brush!
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: + - + + (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Armor)
Spyboy Pearson is used to this from his childhood - the tank is the cops and the squad is his gang.
[OOC] Abraham: Nice roll.
[OOC] WC GM: One hit?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Invokes: Practically Bunny, Definitely Human
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Not no more!
[OOC] WC GM: No damage, then.
There are generic rumblings in the distance, but nothing else immediately attacks.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Tank, Infantry (Michael), Mortars (Zinda) now all at Spotted: 3.
[OOC] WC GM: Your turn.
Spyboy Pearson: "Take that thing down!"
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Hand-to-hand attack.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Hand-to-hand)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Ugh. Tapping 'Victory or Death' for reroll.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: - - - + (Base: 3 Total: 1) (Hand-to-hand)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Woooow.
Abraham stays put (and hidden). The Lago think they have the tank's frequency down now and are going to try to jam again.
Spyboy Pearson: "You can do better than…."
Spyboy Pearson: "Now I'm wondering if you're even trying."
Zinda Tegram turns her head to lobby.
Zinda Tegram: "This damned thing…"
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: What's it's armor roll?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: 4
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: New round, new armor roll.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh I thought you mean the base score.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Signals)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: More accurately it's acted and needs to roll its defense again.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 + - + (Base: 4 Total: 5)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: So I can find out if it's possible - nope.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 0 - - (Base: 1 Total: -1) (Signals)
[OOC] Abraham: Wooh! We won a roll!
[OOC] WC GM: And Zinda's unit?
Zinda Tegram points to entrance east. "All of you! Run back there and sustain fire! This thing is getting on my nerves!"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'm gonna do something stupid! : D
Zinda Tegram runs into lobby. "Hey ugly!"
Abraham: "Abraham to Spyboy and Zinda, someone's jamming the tank and it's not us. There's someone else in the area. Stay alert."
Abraham mutters under his breath, "and now we'll see if that got through…"
The tank's turret tracks Zinda silently, with open menace.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - 0 - 0 (Base: 7 Total: 5) (Gunnery, tagging 'what do you mean you don't eat mynocks?' and the Tank's riot-slayer aspect. I figure if it's a riot tank it's not quite built for laser cannon fire.)
Abraham turns back to the Lago. "Find that jammer."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Fatepoint for reroll
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + 0 - (Base: 7 Total: 8)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Tanks are NEW TO ZINDA! : D
What tank? You don't see no tank. You see a smoking crater, with pieces of tank all over.
Soldier: "No jammer. No signal."
Soldier: "Nothing to jam."
Zinda Tegram: (On Radio) "Call off the fire group 3!"
Abraham eyes the cloud of smoke rising. "So it would seem."
Zinda Tegram starts running back to her squad.
Soldier: "No, no, before."
Soldier: "Sent for death."
Abraham: "So you're saing the tank self-destructed?"
Spyboy Pearson: "Bait?"
Soldier: "No."
[OOC] WC GM: No visible enemy movement. Your turn again.
Spyboy Pearson: "If they had mortars, they would have used them already. We should stick to the south. I'll take the infantry around."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Where's Abraham again?
[OOC] Abraham: Trophy Display
[OOC] Abraham: er… I mean, "High above you, atop a mountain of corpses."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Okay. Cover action, free move to Reception.
As Abraham looks around, he is pretty sure some of the corpses on display are still alive.
Abraham moves to reception
Abraham will be back though.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Never mind! Can't take Cover actions.
[OOC] WC GM: No?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Movement action, to Mostly Intact Office.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Yeah - no Camoflage skill, I'll have to let the Spotted tokens fall off through attrition.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Went three from first attack, dropped to 2 second round then capped at 4, back to 3 this round.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up MovementdF: (Base: 1 Total: 1)
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: - 0 + - (Base: 1 Total: 0) (Movement)
Spyboy Pearson is headed across the Reception area when he notices his bunnies aren't doing all that well at keeping up.
Spyboy Pearson: "Shoot - hunker down!"
Zinda Tegram marshals the mortar squad and directs them westward, aiming towards entrance west.
Zinda Tegram rolled up (Movement)dF: (Base: 2 Total: 2)
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 3) ((Movement))
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Heh. That's almost exactly the same thing I just did. =p
BOOM
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + 0 + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Movement)
Seems there is a tank in Dorms South.
[OOC] Abraham: NOW we get decent rolls…
WC GM rolled up 4dF: 0 - - + (Base: 3 Total: 2)
Firing on Spyboy's unit.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: - 0 - - (Base: 2 Total: -1) (Armor)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Once again…
Spyboy Pearson calls upon his scurrying skills!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Reroll it?
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: + - 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Armor)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Much better.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Our turn?
Bullet time! Spyboy's troops lean aside just in time for the shell to pass harmlessly by and explode on the far wall. Gravel spills over onto Zinda harmlessly.
[OOC] WC GM: It is now.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Is there are spot on that tank?
[OOC] WC GM: There is now.
[OOC] WC GM: It attacked, it gained a Spotted marker.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: What do more spots get me?
[OOC] WC GM: Harder time for the tank to avoid detection.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: It means you can shoot back.
[OOC] Abraham: I can try to jam it again, assuming it stays around long enough for it to matter.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK so nothing else. Is fine.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: More spots just mean it's harder to get rid of - like me, slowly getting rid of what I've got.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Try and jam it first, yeah.
Abraham blocks all incomming signals. It's all commercials anyway.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + + + (Base: 2 Total: 5) (Signal)
Zinda Tegram points the new tank out to her squad. "Mark!"
[OOC] Abraham: I just created AdBlock+
Zinda Tegram: "Fire!"
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + + 0 (Base: 3 Total: 6) (Indirect fire)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 - (Base: 1 Total: -1) (Signal)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - + + (Base: 4 Total: 6) (Armour)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Close!
[OOC] Abraham: Do we get spin from the signal attack?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yes good question
[OOC] WC GM: Defenders get spin, not attackers.
[OOC] WC GM: Since bigger success = more Out Of Contact markers.
[OOC] Abraham: Well, I guess getting a good attack roll is it's own reward…
[OOC] WC GM: Also plot, per PMs.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Interesting fact - if I'm right you don't need to know where the command tank is to jam it
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: !
[OOC] WC GM: So, Spyboy's unit?
Abraham: "Abraham to Zinda and Spyboy. This is the second tank that seems to have been under radio silence /before/ we jammed it."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Oh, right
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Then it couldn't have shot at me.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I didn't attack it, therefore if it was OOC it couldn't shoot me. =p
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Anyway….my Spotted should be back down to 2….
[OOC] WC GM: It wasn't OOC - that you know of - when it attacked.
[OOC] WC GM: Spyboy's unit has yet to act this turn.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I know, thinking.
Spyboy Pearson: "Okay boys and girls, we'll move forward into those offices. Move the desks towards the wall to serve as tank traps."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Maneuver: add 'Prepared for Tank Rush' to Mostly Intact Office. Free move there.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Rolling Armor for the maneuver.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: - 0 + 0 (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Armor)
[OOC] WC GM: Vs. difficulty 0 - success
[OOC] WC GM: Also, you were already in MIO.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: No, my movement roll was 0, so I had to stop.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I figured the tank could shoot me because of the hight.
[OOC] WC GM: Ah, then the tank missed by 1 further.
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
The tank tries to fire over the barricade at Zinda's troops!
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 4)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Indirect Fire?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Range penalty takes it to 3?
[OOC] WC GM: -1
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: - + + - (Base: 2 Total: 2)
[OOC] WC GM: Range penalty takes it to 2, actually
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Direct Fire attacks only work at Range 1 in platoon combat.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Oh, OK. : D
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Actually I may be misremembering.
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, no, DF works at range 1+.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Yeah, I'm misremembering.
[OOC] WC GM: Range penalty takes base to 2, rolled result to 3.
[OOC] WC GM: So, hit by 1.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Worst case, you take the hit and Abraham has something to do next turn besides jam.
[OOC] Abraham: Yay! I feel a healing comming on!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I'll take it.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Heh. In retrospect, with the tank jammed it couldn't move into my tile and ram, so my maneuver was useless and would have been better spent on firing positions.
[OOC] WC GM: Speaking of next turn…
Abraham helps the lagos bandage Zinda's unit.
Spyboy Pearson: "Okay team. Flank the crap out of it and use those grenades!"
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 - - (Base: 4 Total: 1) (Command)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: That's enough to heal 0 boxes. I'd say buff with Invoke.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Together We Can Win works.
[OOC] WC GM: 1 box hit, so vs. difficulty 1.
Zinda Tegram covers her ear as the concussion from the shell shakes the entrance hall. "Damned things…"
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Attack Action using Hand-to-Hand. Free move into Dorms South.
Abraham tsks as what he thought were minor wounds turned out to be far more serious than he imagined. And this is why he is not a medic. But the Lagos are not disuaded and manged to work their healing magic. (Together We can Win).
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: + - 0 + (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Hand-to-Hand)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + - + + (Base: 4 Total: 6)
The tank is quite mobile.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: One moment!
[OOC] Abraham: Abraham noticed the tank has jump jets. Look out for it's Death from Above, Spyboy.
Spyboy Pearson may not be a tanker by trade, but he knows quite a bit about how armor is laid out. And while he's always keeping an eye out for B-4, the other Lagos aren't so worried about their own survival.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Invoking 'Navy Brat' and 'Victory Or Death.'
[OOC] WC GM: For +1 each? That's still only tie.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Isn't it +2?
[OOC] WC GM: Ah, right.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: And you can tag the scene aspect you placed.
[OOC] WC GM: Wrong zone.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Unfortunately it's on the wrong zone.
The tank…WAS mobile. Seems the soldiers know how to tear it apart.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Heh - in retrospect, given that they use Movement for Armor, I'd have been better off describing the grenades as landmines.
More announcer babble.
Zinda Tegram starts running back through the sensor sphere feeds she set up before joining in with the Lagos.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, what're they saying?"
Abraham looks up at the announcer babble. He doesn't know what it's saying, but he vainly wonders if it's telling his group's score…
Spyboy Pearson: "One more tank, and the driver inside this one isn't dead. Unless our boys take that as an invitation."
Even as Spyboy says it - they do.
Fortunately, the tank is still solid enough to hide the body from the party.
Zinda Tegram: "OK, we're gonna keep pushing?"
Abraham: "We still have a job to do."
Zinda Tegram twitches. "Yeah. If there's any more…"
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy, we're ready to go!"
Spyboy Pearson: "Oh crap."
Spyboy Pearson: "Once we take the last tank - next team enters."
Spyboy Pearson turns to his Lagos -
Abraham suspected as much.
Spyboy Pearson: "So, did you have a plan to break the system?"
Abraham: "Then we try to go around the third tank."
Abraham: "Do we know where it is?"
Soldier: "Uhh, beat the teams until there aren't any more?"
Spyboy Pearson: "Looks like their plan was simple attrition."
Abraham: "A bit bloody of a plan for my tastes."
Zinda Tegram: "Ask them if they'd like to see the floor leveled."
Spyboy Pearson: "Do you mean the floor leveled or the ceiling dropped? And what would that do to the Lagos living higher up?"
The lagos look at the party, bewildered.
Soldier: "No keep fighting?"
Spyboy Pearson: "You wanted to break the system, right? Then why play by its rules?"
Abraham: "Oh we're going to keep fighting, it's just not our goal to 'win'."
The lagos blink in near-unison.
Abraham: "My father always said, 'don't play their game, play the rules.'"
Spyboy Pearson: "Where do reinforcements come in?"
Soldier: "Here or other side." He points to the vehicle bay. "Just like you."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Meaning Vehicle Bay or Entrance Hall?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Yeah
[OOC] WC GM: No, Dorms or Vehicle Bay.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Oh.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OK.
[OOC] WC GM: Very much not the way you came in.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Ah right.
Zinda Tegram: "Whatever. We'll put our solution in place once we've sanitized the field. Let's move out!"
Zinda Tegram rolled up movementdF: (Base: 2 Total: 2)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Heading to dorms south
Zinda's unit meets up with Spyboy's.
Abraham joins the rest of his platoon.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (movement)
Spyboy Pearson: "Abraham, can you jam the enemy's comms?"
Abraham: "Probably."
Abraham: "Well, not personally."
Abraham: "But if there's only one tank left, there won't be any coms to jam."
Spyboy Pearson leads his team up through the nothern side of the dorms, and on into the wreckage of the cafeteria if he can manage.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Worth a shot. By RAW, if it's jammed it can't shoot at anyone who hasn't shot at it first and my crunchies are a little exposed for my taste.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Movement)
Once again, Spyboy uses his tactical knowledge to pull ahead of his squad - and once again, their inability to understand his instructions holds them back. He hunkers down with them in Dorms North.
[OOC] Abraham: Well, that makes sense as a tank unit is probably more than one tank.
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, by RAW, a tank unit = 1 tank.
[OOC] WC GM: At this scale, anyway.
[OOC] Abraham: Ah.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 2) (More Movement. Hop like a bunny.)
[OOC] WC GM: Also, if jammed, that just cuts it off from the rest of the platoon. If the platoon is exactly 1 unit, jamming's irrelevant.
Abraham follows Spyboy.
[OOC] WC GM: The consequences come from being cut off of the unit.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Strictly speaking they come from being cut off from the commander. I haven't seen a commander yet. =p
[OOC] Abraham: Hey!
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: But now that I think of it…
[OOC] WC GM: *rimshots*
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Right, Captain, sorry, Captain.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Anything we can see on the enemy turn?
[OOC] WC GM: Nope! Your turn again.
Spyboy Pearson points out a route along the cafeteria to the mini-fort to his crunchies.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 - 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 0) (Movement)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: GHRAH
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, Spyboy's unit is out of command range.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: No
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda & Abraham are in Dorms South.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I'm within 0 tiles of Abe
[OOC] Abraham: Spyboy sees a particularly grey shade of wall.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Do nothing for a turn
[OOC] WC GM: Didn't you reroll the 0 to a 2?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: No
[OOC] WC GM: Ah, Abraham did.
[OOC] WC GM: So who's where?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I was in Dorms North, but moved to Cafeteria. Abe is in Dorms North, Zinda in Dorms South.
[OOC] Abraham: I'm trying to be centeral to maximise my command range.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: If he pulls to much farther ahead of Zinda, she'll be out of range
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: If he pulls to much farther ahead of Zinda, she'll be out of range FSKING SEMICOLON but I've got comms range 2, so I could have made it to the Cafeteria without breaking comms.
[OOC] WC GM: Alright. Abraham & Zinda, what are you up to?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Meanwhile I've acted, Zinda and Abe to go, gotta go get laundry.
Zinda Tegram orders the troops to hold.
Zinda Tegram pulls out yet another sensor sphere and throws it as hard as she can into the remains of the security station.
[OOC] WC GM: Spotting the enemy tank, is it?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Something like that.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll Observation.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Just trying to get a better view.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - - + (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Observation)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - + - - (Base: 0 Total: -2)
Abraham sees Spyboy stop, so he calls a halt for his unit.
[OOC] Abraham: Zinda suddenly realizes the unit she's comamnding are Lagos.
That enemy tank is thoroughly spotted. It's trying to hide in the Pit.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
And…does not have any weapons.
Zinda Tegram: "Found them."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Command tank. Naturally.
And runs away.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Still spotted!
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Where to?
[OOC] WC GM: Well yeah. Platoon has to have a command unit.
WC GM rolled up 4dF: - 0 0 0 (Base: 5 Total: 4)
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Heh, caps at 4 anyway.
It bails to the Resupply Dock.
[OOC] WC GM: Your turn.
Zinda Tegram: "Aaah, they're re-arming."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + - 0 0 (Base: 2 Total: 2)
Spyboy Pearson: "Or just hiding."
Abraham: "Let them be. We don't want to deal with another team just yet."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Moving up to the cafeteria. We haven't seen the northern dorms of the cafeteria yet, so yeah.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: The mortar can still hit it at a -1, I believe, though my rifles don't have LoS.
Abraham: "Of course, if it comes after us, turn it into small broken pieces."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + + 0 0 (Base: 2 Total: 4) (Observation.)
WC GM rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 - (Base: 0 Total: 0)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Zinda habitually throws spheres all over the place as she moves around.
Zinda's sensor ball may as well be lodged in the tank for all its efforts to shake it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Nothing else?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Gonna put an Aspect on the Mini-fort, but I'd rather move into it first to make sure I'm not duplicating a previous stunt.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: You know you can't move two zones and still make an Observation check, right?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I…did not actually.
There is also an electromagnetic signature from beneath the Pit.
Zinda Tegram: "Careful something is beneath the pit there."
Spyboy Pearson: "I hope so. That core is down there somewhere."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Any pre-existing aspects on the minifort?
[OOC] Abraham: Tall.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I was more worried about 'wired to blow.'
[OOC] WC GM: Imposing Looking.
As Spyboy hops on into it, he finds that the mini-fort also Has A Prominent Shiny Red Button.
Spyboy Pearson: "You and you, get those beams in place. You, you, you, mine the approaches. Anti tank mines only, please, we have friends who may want to visit."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Using armor, 'Prepared for Tank Rush.' Aspect to Mini-fort.
The soldiers blink.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 + + + (Base: 2 Total: 5) (Armor)
Spyboy Pearson: "And NONE of you better touch that button. It's way too shiny to be anything but a trap."
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: NOW I roll a +3.
They eventually guess he is talking about fallen pieces of the fort, and begin setting it up.
The enemy tank slides down to Vehicle Bay North and tries to creep out the still-open doors - which slam in its face, as the announcer jeers.
And the audience laughs.
Abraham: "Well, a victory is a victory, though this means we deal with the next wave."
Zinda Tegram: "Hey Abraham, can you send out a request for surrender?"
Zinda Tegram: "In Terran, of course."
Zinda Tegram: (To a squaddie:) "How many teams are there?"
Soldier: "Two."
Abraham: "I guess. Though I thought you plan was to defeat every team."
Soldier: "Always two, unless there're more."
Zinda Tegram: "We've basically won then?"
Zinda Tegram looks up to try and find the announcer box, audience, or anything similar is.
The audience rings the battefield above, behind thick glass. Peering closely, she can barely make out what looks like the announcer's box, roving over the field.
Zinda Tegram nods to a soldier and points to the announcer box.
Zinda Tegram: "Think you can hit the glass in their direction?"
The soldier shakes his head.
Soldier: "Bulletproof."
Zinda Tegram: "Shoot it anyways, to make a point."
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Wait…glass right?
The soldier shrugs, and shoots the glass. Sure enough, the bullet ricochets off - and the glass drops a half meter.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, glass.
[OOC] Abraham: Magic Space Glass.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: So transparent?
[OOC] WC GM: Yes.
Zinda Tegram considers taking a laser shot at the anouncer, but thinks better of it.
[OOC] WC GM: And what are Spyboy and Abraham doing?
Zinda Tegram sighs. "Let's go get that tank then."
Abraham: "Hasn't the tank already left the field?"
Spyboy Pearson: "No. It tried."
Abraham: "Ah. Then yes, let's go get the tank."
It is, in fact, still trying, attempting to push the door open with sheer force. It is not getting very far.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I can shoot it, right? At a serious penalty?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Handwave spending a few turns to get over there?
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: It'll probably accept a surrender.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: I don't think it knows how. Besides, our guys might kill the occupants.
Abraham: "Hrm… maybe we can give it a hand if it wants to leave."
As you walk over, it keeps running away.
Spyboy Pearson will direct his squad to start reinforcing the artillery shields, while he himself takes a look at the shiny button…
The button is wired to something in the Pit.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Team: Maneuver, using Armor, to add Shielded from Artillery.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 + - 0 (Base: 2 Total: 2) (Armor)
Abraham goes to the door and sees if his group can hack it open.
Zinda Tegram sets one of her explosive charges on the door the tank was trying to use.
[17:13] * +Zinda_Tegram takes the group out of the zone and then tries to blow the door open.
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 + - (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Demolitions)
Abraham rolled up 4dF: 0 + - + (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Move)
[OOC] WC GM: With or without Abraham still there?
[OOC] WC GM: …without, I see.
A person-sized hole is blown. Not big enough for the tank, though.
Zinda Tegram gets a lago over to say into public radio "You can leave."
Zinda Tegram leans against the door to wait for the tank.
Abraham rolled up 4dF: - 0 - + (Base: 2 Total: 1) (Signals)
The tank resolutely stays on the far side of the field - now trying to bash its way out the Dorms.
[OOC] Abraham: Is that enought to unlock the door?
Abraham finds that Zinda's hole-blowing has jammed the controls.
Zinda Tegram spends some time leisurely walking over to the dorms door.
Abraham: "Tsk. What a nuisance."
Zinda Tegram: "Hey Spyboy, you want something to hack?"
Spyboy Pearson: "Sure. Do me a favor and figure out just what is down in that pit?"
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's taking the straight route?
Zinda Tegram: "Yeah."
[OOC] WC GM: Which leads over the Pit.
Zinda Tegram takes a detour to the pit on her way to the dorms.
Abraham: "Hrm… controls are fried. Thank you can fix them guys?"
Zinda Tegram rolls a sensor ball into the pit before moving along.
[OOC] Abraham: i.e. Can we use command to unjam the controls?
Spyboy Pearson uses his own personal com skills to try and crack into the Dorms entrance.
Spyboy Pearson rolled up 4dF: 0 + - - (Base: 3 Total: 2) (Communications)
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: No no, hack the tank.
Barely does Zinda get the sensor ball out before it blares an alert in her ear about a high concentration of explosives.
…which Zinda is standing right on top of.
Zinda Tegram: "Son of a…"
Zinda Tegram slowly moves away.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy the pit's rigged with explosives"
Zinda Tegram still throws the ball in from a distance.
Spyboy Pearson: "Is it?"
The tank keeps moving away from the team as they approach.
Spyboy Pearson: "That's interesting."
Spyboy Pearson: "That's really, really interesting."
Spyboy Pearson: "Because I think I have the detonator right here."
Spyboy manages to get the Dorms door open.
Zinda Tegram: "Figures. Don't touch it OK?"
Zinda Tegram: "Can you get a Lago on the radio to talk to that tank?"
Spyboy Pearson: "I dunno. It's big, and shiny, and red, and oh-so-very tempting…"
Zinda Tegram: "You'd be better at it than me."
Zinda Tegram: "I'd rather speak to it than run it out of the area."
Spyboy Pearson: "I don't think that's really an option."
Zinda Tegram: (To the Lagos with me) "Who's driving it?"
Soldier: "Enemy."
In Lagotian: "Attention pitiful tank. You saw how we dealt with your allies. Run - and die later - or stay and serve us, and live."
Zinda Tegram: "That tells me very little about them."
Tank: "Run and die. Stay with you and die."
Zinda Tegram takes her mask off broadcasts the feed to the tank.
Tank: "Maybe I can take this against the Drillers!"
Tank: "But you've disabled the charges, haven't you?"
[OOC] WC GM: Tank is speaking in Lago, of course.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: We'd actually like to ask them about that.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: They have information we very much require.
Spyboy turns to his crew, off-radio - "The drillers are below, then?"
The soldiers nod.
Spyboy Pearson: "Are they robots, or just more people who live below?"
Zinda Tegram: "If we wanted you dead you'd already be dead. Surrender and I can personally guarantee your survival for another day."
Soldier: "Umm, yes?"
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Want to show the tank driver the hospital.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Will it do anything? I kinda figured they already knew.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Maybe not, but it'll set up a great scene.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: "WHY IS THIS HERE? ANSWER ME!"
[OOC] Abraham: Zinda just wants to make a Lago head explode.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I was kind of thinking more subjecting him to triage.
[OOC] WC GM: He's not injured…yet.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: That's the point, isn't it?
[OOC] WC GM: Anyway, what are you doing?
Zinda Tegram: (Having Lagos speak works for me:) "If you don't surrender, we're just going to run you down and capture you. And not kill you. I have something I need to show you before I decide if I'm going to do that."
A few moments after the soldier finishes translating, the tank shifts course and heads straight for the Mini-Fort.
[OOC] Abraham: WC: Can I use Command to fix the door controls?
[OOC] WC GM: Actions?
Zinda Tegram puts her helmet back on and starts heading to the mini fort.
Spyboy Pearson: "Team! Brace for incoming!"
Abraham sees what he can do to fix the door.
Zinda Tegram: "Give it a chance to surrender."
Spyboy Pearson will, for the moment, snip the wires that link detonator to bombs.
[OOC] WC GM: Command, no - and we're kind of out of platoon combat now. Besides, Signals would be more appropriate.
[OOC] Abraham: Well, command heals people, so I thought it could heal doors as well…
[OOC] WC GM: Is Spyboy being obvious about it?
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Subtle.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: He's presumably got a multimeter hooked up to the leads - actually, let me narrate this instead.
Spyboy Pearson takes another reading off the multimeter he's got hooked to the leads from the detonator button. Frowning at the radio, he reaches in and pulls out three wires, looping the two that are attached to the multimeter as he stows it.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: The third being the one that is required to complete the circuit.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: In the meantime, who is close to the Pit?
Abraham rolled up 4dF: + + 0 - (Base: 2 Total: 3) (Signals to fix the door (Zinda broke it.)))
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: I left it.
[OOC] WC GM: Zinda's closest, but ^.
Abraham manages to repair the door. And then notices the several tanks behind it.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: Keep it closed.
[OOC] Abraham: Unless the tanks are empty.
The tank rolls up and SLAMS into the wall…which holds, for now. Spyboy is perhaps not surprised to notice it is making a beeline for the now-useless button.
Zinda Tegram walks into the fort.
Spyboy Pearson: "He's trying to blow the pit. My guess - he wants to use his command track against Elle's dig-bots. Not sure what else he's trying to accomplish."
Zinda Tegram: "That's cute. Let's bring him into custody."
Zinda Tegram starts on towards the tank and flicks on her boarding torch.
[OOC] Zinda Tegram: The tracks come first of course.
Piece of cake. ((Don't even bother rolling.))
Inside is one scared-looking lago.
Scared…and in the same uniform as the soldiers.
Zinda Tegram: "You lose. Come on. You're lucky it's me."
Zinda Tegram nods at Lago to translate.
Zinda notices the soldier is not translating, but just…staring.
In open confusion.
Zinda Tegram stamps. "Snap out of it."
Zinda Tegram: "Bring him in."
Zinda Tegram: "Who cares what he's wearing?"
Soldier: "That…last team in?"
Soldier: "Supposed to be master around here."
Zinda Tegram: "Well, we'll work that out later. For now, bring the prisoner."
More announcer babble as the soldier brings the tank driver out.
Zinda Tegram: "Spyboy what're they saying?"
Spyboy Pearson: "I have a suggestion. I suggest you use your laser rifle."
Zinda Tegram: "On that announcer?"
Spyboy Pearson: "YES."
With a CRACK, the transparent glass loosens and drops…
Zinda Tegram: "My pleasure."
Spyboy Pearson: "….or not?"
…and stops just short of squishing everyone, held up by the mini-fort's freshly reinforced walls.
Zinda Tegram aims the cannon at the announcer box.
Zinda Tegram: "You lose."
Zinda Tegram rolled up 4dF: + 0 0 0 (Base: 3 Total: 4) (Gunnery)
The announcer box explodes.
Zinda Tegram: "What did he say?"
Spyboy Pearson: "Best translation, 'Looks like they caught on to our little game.'"
Zinda Tegram: "Well, he's not happy now."
Zinda Tegram: "Now, our prisoner."
Spyboy Pearson: "The next set of tanks, assuming that the doors open properly-"
Spyboy Pearson breaks the controls on the Dorm side remotely
Zinda Tegram: "They shouldn't."
The vehicle bay doors open.
Zinda Tegram sighs.
Spyboy Pearson: "- will be the locals, who presumably are gladiators here to beat up the local heretics."
Spyboy Pearson: "….naturally, Abraham managed to get the controls fixed."
Zinda Tegram: "And we're the heretics?"
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Where is Abe's squad at?
The glass wall hoists back up, getting ready to smash again…
Spyboy Pearson: "No, that'd be ridiculous. We're the invaders. The heretics…"
Spyboy Pearson: "Oooh, I have an idea."
Zinda Tegram: "Yes?"
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: Where is Abe's squad at? I really want to make sure they're not in the pit when I short those wires together.
Abraham is still in the bay, talking to the next tank team.
[OOC] Spyboy Pearson: In that case…
Which team suddenly angles its cannons up and fires at the glass, concentrating fire above the mini-fort.
Spyboy Pearson: "….excellent."
The glass comes back down - a hole around Spyboy's and Zinda's squads; Abraham and his new friends duck back into the doors in time to aviod being squished.
Spyboy turns to his team and shouts in Lagotian, "Get under cover!"
Abraham: "I can't understand a word they're saying, but we came to an agreement anyway."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License